Customize

NEW GOVERNMENT: TECHUNISIM!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DIABLOtheLEGEND, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Friends, if you've taken the time to view this thread, first i'de like to thank you. I would like you all to note that i am not a troll, or a scammer. I am a man with an idea. Imagine no polititians to corrupt, flip-flop, and waste taxes, but with all the benifits of a democracy, and more! With techunisim it can happen. Techunisim is a new form of government that has all of the citizens voting on every decision via a computer. New ideas will be added like a wiki. This way everyone is a leader. With countries beacoming rapidly more developed, soon computers will be common place in every household. Therefore, techunisim could unite the countries of the world! After all, the internet is a global phenomenon. In the past, every decision could not be voted on, as it would take to much time. So the people voted once for an official who would make decisions for them. With computers, everyone can submit ideas and vote on them. search engine technology can be used to find ideas, as well as to prevent ideas from repeating. I encorage you to ask questions; I figured you people would be just the right ones to hellp spread the word.
  2. Zak McKracken Member

So why did you wait 8 months to tell us this?
  3. Anonymous Member

4. Anonymous Member

Sounds like democracy minus Real Life. +1
  5. Herro Member

I assume that Dibold will be handling the tech security?
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Ann O'Nymous Member

No, that's Aaron Barr.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. anonquarff Member

and what word is that ????????????????
  8. Herro Member

Ahhhh. Of course.
  9. Anonymous Member

Maybe .99$ a vote?
  10. no, cuz then the rich people would have all the rights....
  11. Anonymous Member

Best possible government is one that is computed by a computer. It knows the utility functions of all individuals and maximizes people's happiness, subject to legal constraints that protect rights of individuals. No thinking, voting, politicians, or messy debates required, it's the most perfect system.
  12. Anonymous Member

What if the computerized voting system gets hacked or otherwise manipulated by script kiddies?
  13. Herro Member

Except that would require computing power several orders of magnitude beyond what we currently have and, more importantly, is based upon the faulty assumption that there is some objective measure of happiness that applies to all people at all times. Then there's the whole pesky thing about who gets to decide how to measure all these things and... you know what, actually, your system just sucks.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Anonymous Member

Democracy is a process that involves debate and an open exchange of ideas and arguments.
  15. Anonymous Member

It is not my system and it does not suck, it is the mathematically ideal government, there could not be a better one. It is optimal. It is perfect. The best ever.
    Of course it is unrealizable you silly goose, not only because of limitations in computing power, but mainly because of the difficulty in modeling the utility function of each person.

The point is not that such a government could actually exist, the point is that this is the theoretically best possible government, you just cannot have a better one. You can then compare government systems to this theoretical optimal one and so have an somewhat more objective measure of the quality of a government by measuring how far it deviates from the ideal.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Anonymous Member

FIFY
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Anonymous Member

The theoretically best government is no government at all in a world where every individual simply acts in an optimal way. No need for your computer bullshit.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Anonymous Member

Individuals are incapable of acting in an optimal way because 99% of people are as dumb as you are.
  19. Anonymous Member

It is not my system and it does not suck, it is the mathematically ideal government, there could not be a better one. It is optimal. It is perfect. The best ever.
    Of course it is unrealizable you silly goose, not only because of limitations in computing power, but mainly because of the difficulty in modeling the utility function of each person.

The point is not that such a government could actually exist, the point is that this is the theoretically best possible government, you just cannot have a better one. You can then compare government systems to this theoretical optimal one and so have an somewhat more objective measure of the quality of a government by measuring how far it deviates from the ideal.
  20. WMAnon Member

sure is dystopia up in this thread.
  21. Anonymous Member

The ancients were wise to spurn such forms of direct democracy, as they inevitably lead to majority tyranny. You need to have some sort of institution to check this tendency, ie. courts or a constitution. This concept also fails to take into account the overwhelming amount of information available today and why decision making became fragmented to begin with. This is definitely a problem communist central planners ran into. Then there's the problem of voter apathy. I don't many people would be interested in voting on every single issue, which is why we have representatives.

Back to the drawing board with this one.
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Anonymous Member

I'd have to see it to believe it. In the reality of realpolitick, all perspectives are relative.
  23. Zenir Member

I'd say.. A genius idea, just a little tweaking here and there. A fine one indeed fine gentlemen.
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Anonymous Member

Ooooooooh, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurn.

And, 90% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
    • Like Like x 1
  25. true colour Member

i think that if we could somehow enclose the polling network we could somehow stop/avoid hackers