Customize

New Ideal Org Uniform pictures

Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by Anonymous, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: New Ideal Org Uniform pictures

Okay ex's

Make yourselves useful.

What the FUCK is up with these? There has to be some sort of significance to this. The cape? With the red satin interior? Really?

Nothing in Scientology seems to be arbitrary. Where is the meaning here?
  2. Xenuphobe Member

I put on my robe and wizard hat.
  3. CantPickaName Member

im not an ex but i think it just means they are going crazier and crazier

Remember DM prolly thought this up
  4. whosit Member

5. RaddaRadda Member

I doubt they will ever be mass produced. It looks like something made to attract new scilons to join staff, with promises that they will get these new duds "soon".
  6. chrisanon Member

Oh, yes it is. Also says something about the frighteningly limited pool from which you draw your friends.

Rather than edit, why not have the above be a conversation in your head, and then make a post in which you, instead of boring us with outdated gender roles, propose that mananons who can't already do so learn to sew of they want to participate in this project?

Or just leave gender out of it altogether?
  7. Anonymous Member

That makes sense. But why the fucking cape? I get the flight attendant thing. It says safety and he presence of a well oiled (for lack of a better word) organization.

But the cape?

Jesus christ.

Don't hurt yourself trying to think of this stuff, okay?
  8. Anonymous Member

Well, they've already been promised the super powers. Might as well get the costume.
  9. incog712 Member

Just stop. Quit it. Seriously.

Conman, The Adultress, Factchecker, Kingpin and now this??

Oh Pashaww.
  10. Anonymous Member

LOL! This from a board that does not infract for nigger and faggot or for "get in the ktichen woman and make me a bologna samwich"?

If you wanted to get mad...you should have over the sammich lol, not ver lame ass sewing.
  11. Re: New Ideal Org Uniform pictures

Capes! BRILLIANT! I already have the blog-goggles! (which do nothing) Now, where the fuck am I'm going to get the high altitude balloon?!

cory.jpg
  12. basil Member

Oh c'mon people.. red, black, gold... you've missed the obvious.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-0sXXNrx-4"]YouTube - Flash Gordon - Enter Ming[/ame]

Also, "Ideal" always makes me think of a UK sitcom (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideal_(TV_series) ) about a small time drug dealer. Ironic huh?
  13. chrisanon Member

I'm not mad. I'm just giving my opinion about what Stu said.

What do infractions have to do with it? I'm pretty sure it's stupid for a free speech board to infract people for ... speaking freely. Doesn't mean I can't comment on speech I disagree with.

The sammich thing was pretty funny. Where's H-T?
  14. Anonymous Member

The choice of materials and color appear to be another effort to legitimize Scientology as a religion by miming the styles of Christianity, whose iconography and ecclesiastic terminology they have already hijacked.

The black rough fabric, in this case wool played against something light and glossy like red satin is a clear appropriation of robes of Catholic Archbishops and the Pope himself.

Hawking more gold cross and shield iconography only corroborates this notion.

Staff are the ones who interact with mostly the public and preclears, yes?

It would make sense then, that for PR purposes staff members present an appearance that resonates with cultural notions of what someone from a 'religious organization' would look like: and the frumpy costumery of the Catholic Church is a perfect candidate
  15. stuwyatt Member

.... which is cool, and I stand chastised. ;)
  16. Anonymous Member

This thread is funnier than hell. :D
  17. Anonymous Member

Protip: Watch "Project Runway" if it airs in your neck of the woods. Lots of male sewing goin' on in thar. :)
  18. Anonymous Member

lol I saw this a couple hours ago and I was about to scan it myself, but you beat me to it
  19. Anonymous Member

It's not a cape, it's a swing coat (read the text). They just don't have it buttoned so you can see the red satin lining.

Lrn2FashionAndReadB4Tinfoiling
  20. Smurf Member

Looks like flight attendants.
  21. BigBeard Member

What's with the 50's hat the gals are wearing?

BigBeard
  22. A.Non Hubbard Member

Oh yeah because nothing is more attractive than job paying less than minimum wage that requires a uniform.
  23. Anonymous Member

Its OK. They keep the cost down with the slave labor.
  24. Anonymous Member

fify
  25. NCSP Member

Wow, once again with the pantsuits, Scientology. Maybe they're trying to get Hillary in.
  26. Anonymous Member

First sailors outfits, now this. Love it. Weirder and weirder. Next protest theme - Burlesque Space Super Hero Fight Attendants.
  27. Ann O'Nymous Member

You forget (again) the Smiths.
  28. avbb Member

29. Uncle Bruce Member

Put a nickle in my drum,
    Save another drunken bum.....( Old SA parody song)

Actually, I like the salvation army. They treat people with respect and, strange to say for an organized religion, try to live like Christians.
  30. NCSP Member

I just got it! It's their backup business model. When the shit hits the fan, all the orgs will become vampire theme restaurants, and it's bye bye "Would you lie a free personality test?" and hello "Good eeevening. How rare would you like your steak?"
  31. Re: New Ideal Org Uniform pictures

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG6rg3cJhBw&feature=related"]YouTube - No Capes (The incredibles in hindi)[/ame]
  32. NCSP Member

There's no black people in the Smiths either.
  33. Re: New Ideal Org Uniform pictures

I don't really know where these are coming from. The only thing I can say is that I very often heard that LRH said red = sales. That is why the packaging for a lot of the materials is red. I believe this is covered in the "Art Book" written by LRH.

Oh, but also LRH plays second fiddle to DM now. So this could just be DM's queer fashion sense coming into play. DM runs this (into the ground).
  34. NCSP Member

No real queer would ever design that faggot-ass shit.
  35. Zak McKracken Member

[IMG]
  36. anonymous1312 Member

Reading some of the text I see it is implied these were designed by Richard Tyler (apparently a designer). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Tyler_(designer).

He probably designed these on commission with some kind of remit like: we want something that gives our staff the feeling they have real super powers cos we've being promising them for years and this is the only way we can think of delivering them. Or words to that effect.

As everyone knows capes and black and red always give one a sense of having super powers. :)
  37. Anonymous Member

"SWING COAT"?

IT HAS A SUPERHERO LIKE EMBLEM EMBLAZONED ON IT.

FUCK YOU.

also since when did we start credulously reading 'the text' in scientology material?
  38. firebug Member

Looks as if he just made some slight alterations to the uniforms he designed for Delta airlines
    3401923948_5b6c7b6ce1.jpg
  39. DeathHamster Member

Maybe their support from the apologist academics was wavering?

Gordon Melton and Massimo Introvigne are both flaming vampire fanbois. (The CESNUR site has tonnes of Dracula and Buffy the Vampire Slayer fancruft pages.)
  40. Anonymous Member

He's looking for the pool.