Customize

New "The View" style show with Scientologist Leah Remini

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by tippytoe, Jul 28, 2010.

1. tippytoe Member

New "The View" style show with Scientologist Leah Remini

I would love to see Sharon Osborne rip Leah Remini a new asshole over any Scientology crap she may spout. Loved this from the comments section: "Better yet how will Peete and Remini get along since Scientology does not believe autism exists."

(Holly Robinson Peete has an autistic son.)

From Roger Friedman at showbiz411.com:

CBS’s Take on “The View”: More of a Soap Opera than “World Turns” | Showbiz411

CBS’s Take on “The View”: More of a Soap Opera than “World Turns”
    By: Roger Friedman in Celebrity // July 28th, 2010 at 1:22 AM EDT

CBS–stupidly–is canceling 54 year old “As the World Turns.” They’re replacing it on September 20th with their own version of “The View.”

But this new show could be more of a soap than “World Turns” from what I hear.

The word inside is that there’s already trouble among the personalities hired to host this lame attempt at late afternoon chitchat. And this should get interesting. The ladies chosen for the show are Julie Chen as moderator, with Sharon Osbourne, Holly Robinson Peete, Sara Gilbert, Leah Remini, and Marisa Jaret Winokur. (Think about this: an Asian, a Jew, a Black, a Lesbian, a Scientologist, and a person who was on Broadway. Talk about demographics!)

The word is that Sharon Osbourne, who takes no prisoners and suffers no fools, is not so happy with Peete, with whom she just shared a season of “The Celebrity Apprentice.” Osbourne doesn’t have much use for Scientologist Leah Remini, either, from what I am told. Her alliances are with Chen and with Sara Gilbert, former “Rosenanne” actress and real life lesbian mom.

One insider to the still unnamed show told me: “I doubt it will run very long.” CBS is trading the stablity of five decades with “World Turns” for this potential daytime drama. Yikes.

Chen is the only member of this squad with news experience. I like Julie, but she suffers from charges of nepotism since she’s married to CBS chief Les Moonves. She now appears on the Early Show and hosts “Big Brother.” The joke at CBS is that she’s in line to get a “CSI” gig at this rate.

Remini should prove to be a big problem on the new show, especially if she starts espousing Scientology dogma about psychiatry and psychotropic drugs for children. Many of the mothers whom CBS hopes will watch have made hard decisions to give their ADHD children Ritalin. It’s a controversy in the making.

Will these gals get along? Or will the whole thing turn into the predicted unruly squabble? We’ll have to wait and see once the show debuts, but it sounds like it won’t take too long.
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: New "The View" style show with Scientologist Leah Remini

The first show should be about ADD or autisim.
  3. Anonymous Member

No, the first show should be about Scientology's crimes.
  4. kitfisto Member

With Gilbert being a 1.1 on the tone scale , I'm surprised Leah Remini would be allowed to take part in such a show
  5. Anonymous Member

What crimes?
  6. Anonymous Member

these for starters:

sflag2.png
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Anonymous Member

From Homosexuality To Scientology, ‘Talk’ Hosts Take Our Questions

8. Re: New "The View" style show with Scientologist Leah Remini

Child sex cover-ups, bad set design and hubbards singing.
  9. Alpha Bates Member

This show needs more balance. They need a gal who isn't a cunt.
  10. Anonymous Member

There are now hundreds of articles about "the Talk" with Leah Rimini's quote about Scientology Not being something she will talk about.

It made me wonder how much $$$ or celebrity powah she is worth to shield herself from the lunatic leader's bawwwing about such.

Leah also has a host of future problems because there is no aspect of life that scientology doesn't have an overruling viewpoint on and policy about in it's micromanaging, many of which are outdated or illogical or ... you name it.

Leah, have you really, really thought this thru?
  11. Anonymous Member

12. Anonymous Member

Leah has 2 hot sisters: Nicole Remini & Shannon Farrara.. how about them? Oh, they're both Scilons, too.

Nicole Remini - Welcome

152924.jpg
  13. AnonLover Member

Yes. A bubbly gay man needs added for balancing out the high cold fish factor.
  14. Anonymous Member

angry_gay_pope_in_little_mermaid_pose.jpg
  15. Re: New "The View" style show with Scientologist Leah Remini

I wonder if they will have a live audience and take audience questions. Many chuckles can be hand on our part if they do.
  16. Anonymous Member

17. RightOn Member

oh boy, this is gonna be interesting
  18. Anonymous Member

Peete's autism charity already has a link to the cult. The ED of Peete's charity did a behind the scenes "save" for a cult run autism charity called Lemonade 4 Autism.

Whole sordid story in this thread: http://forums.whyweprotest.net/15-media/celebrity-centre-la-hold-autism-fundraiser-60239/

tl;dr version: When people started asking the attorney general's office about a potentially faux autism charity that was being held at Celebrity Centre in L.A., the ED of Peete's charity scrambled and said that the allegedly faux charity had been under their umbrella for "months" and the reason the Celeb Centre event hadn't been listed on Peete's autism charity site was because the ED's daughter had been ill.
    Whether Holly Robinson Peete knew about this is unknown.

I will be praying to all the gods mentioned in every religion ever known to man that there will be live audiences for this new show.
  19. Sponge Member

'The Talk' debuts on CBS as soap replacement
    AP October 14, 2010
    http://www.thetelegraph.com/articles/talk-45968-people-view.html

Remini tries to play down scientology as "that other thing". LOL.

snippet....
  20. Smurf Member

I predict it will be a major thud within two months of airing....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbS9bfFmO7I[/ame]
  21. bAnon Member

I stomached the first 2 min of that, and all I could see was the thought bubble above Leah's head: "I can't believe I'm shilling for these WOGS."
  22. Anonymous Member

I predict you're correct in your prediction.
  23. RightOn Member

if this is a preview of what is to be..... ick
    Also Leah looks bored to tears whenever someone else is taking.
    In one part the entire panel is looking at the person talking, except her.

does she feel that she is above everyone else cause she is a Sci?
    Or is she just a bitch?
    or both?

Julie's hubby is the CEO of CBS???... ohhhhh that's why this show happened.

Also didn't Holly Robinson (the black woman) have some sort of connection with fund raising for something with the word Lemonaid in it? Was it Kyles Lemonaide? I can't remember.
    was it sci related or something? I seem to remember hearing something about that.
    Or was that connection all tin foil?
  24. Anonymous Member

25. RightOn Member

double post
  26. Re: New "The View" style show with Scientologist Leah Remini

Julie Chen makes Big Brother, which I would have hoped would have been canceled under the Geneva Convention, even more excruciating to watch. I can think of few people as boring as the "stars" of this show. On The View, at least Joy Behar is funny and a bitch, Whoopi is entertaining, Shari is kinda cool, Babs is an elder stateswoman, and Elizabeth is hot.
  27. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

I agree... Two months is an optimistic picture. I wouldn't give it a month.

Regardless of Leah Remini's connection to Scifaggotry, this show is just the CBS clone of ABC's "The View" and won't pack the viewers.

As for Leah Remini, as far as I know her career isn't that hot and she isn't that high on the Scientology Famous People list.

BTW: They are doing their show live for the premier... Need I fill in the blanks if they do call ins or outside views of their studio?
  28. Re: New "The View" style show with Scientologist Leah Remini

God. It looks even worse than the CBS Morning Show... on Saturday. I wonder, will this also have a band you've never heard of yet immediately hate?
  29. Smurf Member

Holly has an autistic child which she talked alot about when she & Sharon Osbourne were competing against each other last Spring on 'Celebrity Apprentice'. She & her husband are very involved in autism awareness.

HollyRod Foundation

You're thinking of Emily Lopez' "lemonade4autism" who held a fundraiser at the Celebrity Centre this year, There was a thread on it. Emily volunteers for Holly Peete's foundation as well.

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/15-media/celebrity-centre-la-hold-autism-fundraiser-60239/

Twitter / @lemonade4autism/Emily's lemonade supporte
  30. Sponge Member

An interview with the fouth mouthed stand-up comedian Lisa Lampanelli who brings up scientology in her book and in her act as well as mentioning scientologist Leah Remini in The Talk, in Lampanelli's unique style (in which she kind of sends herself up as an extremely disgusting ranting bigot).

27th Oct 2010 Watermark Online (LGBT magazine - Daytona, Orlando, Tampa, St.Petersburg, Sarasota)
    Watermark Online - Your LGBT Life. Daily. - Lisa Lampanelli celebrates her wedding by rubbing it in our faces

A snippet of the relevant bits ....

31. bAnon Member

YES!!! PLEASE let $cilonogy tempt Lisa Lampanelli. Please, please, please!!!!

Better yet, may the Dwarf have to deal with Lisa Lampanelli personally, come judgment day. Wow, I just threw up in my mouf a bit....
  32. Anonymous Member

It's got to do be very depressing for a Scilon to go from being a highly paid actor to a small part of an ensemble on a talk show.

Leah Remini Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth

What was this derp thinking?
  33. RightOn Member

this show will go over like a fart in church
    it's days are numbered IMO.
    then again.... The Jersey Shore should have only been episode. (if that)
  34. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

True story:

In my church recently a little girl cut one loose during the pastor's message. A rather loud one at that.

Why so funny? My church is Pentecostal. (The ones where loud things like yelling and what not are common place)
  35. Sponge Member

Has anyone actually seen The Talk since it started, and any instances of scientology being brought up?
  36. Anonymous Member

Sounds like "The Talk" is going to get a "cult following".
  37. Anonymous Member

Anyone here, or anyone at all, ever?
  38. RightOn Member

watched that clip or whatever they called it.
    It was HORRIBLE and boring
  39. Anonymous Member

You might be able to watch it at Watch The Talk on CBS.com.

Wikipedia has some information of interest. I see that crypto-scientologist Jennifer Lopez from the block has been a guest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Talk_(U.S._TV_Series)

also

40. Anonymous Member

She shits on viewer advice to not be rude. That's the way, you loud, obtrusive twat.

You'll be able to stay as smart as you are if you never take good advice.