Customize

New "The View" style show with Scientologist Leah Remini

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by tippytoe, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: New "The View" style show with Scientologist Leah Remini

It's a real show of solidarity from the co-hosts that they didn't publicly tell her to STFU. She's probably going to bust a Psych real soon.
  2. Anonymous Member

That should garner it a .0000000000000000000000000001 in the ratings!
  3. Triumph Member

vapid rabid Kirstie Alley Fans are wandering around the dial looking for a "New TV Messiah" the "TALK" will snag all 12 of them...

the ratings will go up when Sharon Osborne snaps-and rips the weave off one of her co-hosts...Oh Yes!...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln6LRCIl_AU[/ame]
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom (Cruise) won’t come on my show because I’d tell him he’s a nutter!” - Sharon Osbourne
  4. pooks Member

I watched the show a couple of days ago. Leah Remini spews the Scn shit whenever
    she gets the chance. She doesn't say it's Scn. She gives it as her opinion. She can't help
    herself. The Scn mindfuck makes her filter all her answers thru the Hubbard way of thinking.

She's disseminating Scn every chance she gets but again, doesn't say it comes from Scn.
  5. Sponge Member

Thanks, that's the kind of thing I was wondering about. i.e. whether or not she actually had the sense to turn down the Hubbard filter.
  6. Anonymous Member

Could you share some examples?
  7. xenubarb Member

I don't think it comes with a Volume button...
  8. Scatman Member

Keep in mind that Leah Remini's position as a talking head on The Talk is a statisticized OSA program where OSA PR gets points whenever Remini spews some scientolocrap, even when she has reworded it into English. Remini is effectively an OSAbot, just another pawn in Hubbard's dying game.
  9. Anonymous Member

Does anyone have a place I can view this online. I am interested in how the cult speak looks made for TV.
  10. Sponge Member

This person seems to have collected a few episodes on their youtube channel......
    YouTube - Britishgirl96's Channel
  11. Anonymous Member

Thankyou sponge
  12. Anonymous Member

I've watched the first 6 episodes at the link above and I made some notes in this text document.

Personally, I don't think there is much or any sci talk going on. In an episode about anonymous cyber bullying she is very restrained. I lol'd. She does mention, however, that women shouldn't get an epidural because the drugs wear off, they don't work. Mostly though, I don't think she is pushing Scientology. Most of the stuff that could be interpreted that way could be explained otherwise. I will say this though;-

- She is hung up about sex and genitals (although a lot of women are).
    - She is constantly yelling and interrupting and she appears to have been councilled about it, even onscreen. When Leah yells at Judge Judy, Julie Chen has to remind her that she is using her outdoor voice. Leah herself says she has been told to let Sara Speak.
    - Julie Chen (who's husband runs the network), is the anchor and sits furthest from the very loud Leah Remini.
    - Leah does not contribute very much at all. She talks about herself and demeans others. She never actually offers an opinion on anything.
    - When Leah is with a special guest, it appears she is being coucilled to be very quiet and not interrupt. She appears to be improving.
    - Everyone else on the show is intelligent and soft spoken. She is the black sheep.
    - On one instance Julie Chen asks her on air if she regrets working in the show.
    - Julie Chen has had to interject on a number of occasions to correct something inappropriate Leah has said.

From the 6 episodes I've watched, I suspect bringing Scientology in on the show is on her list of things she is not allowed to do.

Leah brought Jennifer Lopez (her friend) in on the show. I wonder if that's how she got the job? Watching this very closely, I don't know if the show will get axed or not, but I suspect Leah may cut. There is obvious tension between her and everyone else there.
  13. Re: New "The View" style show with Scientologist Leah Remini

thats too bad i used to like fapping to leah in king of queens before she got fat
  14. Anonymous Member

She was an OTV in 2003, so it's a good bet she is at least an OTVII right now. OTVII's tend to be big.
  15. Re: New "The View" style show with Scientologist Leah Remini

Does anyone remember what Tory Magoo said about OTVII and obesity?
  16. OTBT Member

Yes, constantly eating, in order to go in session multiple times every day. To be "sessionable" includes being well fed and well rested.
  17. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

I maybe speculating moonbat here, but I think it is because Leah has the whole "They are Wogs or PTS" attitude.

Most of what I think her attitude comes from is the fact Leah is not as well known as Sarah, Chen, or Osborne both as a star or as a OT. Yeah, I know she was on King of Queens. Yeah I know she is friends with J D'oh. Still, her star power isn't that big as the others and her religion is under a lot of pressure (Thanks to us and the world at large).

Anyways, I would die LULZing or give >9,000 internets if somebody asked her about her religion on the show.
  18. AnonyVix Member

It would be interesting to have the show do a discussion of scientology child birth and child rearing teachings since it is aimed at mothers. :)

Incidentally, pretty sure I've seen original dox of Hubbard's Silent birth which dispel the propaganda that "it only means the doctors and nurses".
  19. Anonymous Member

I've been reading the comments on the show and it looks like Leah is skating on thin ice.

The main forum page starts here.

If you go into Working Mums, you can see two threads in particular.
    1) Calling out Leah Remini - Don't bite the hand that feeds you sweetie.
    2) Leah Remini

Some nice posts from thread (1)
    Some quotes from thread 2
    Oh and there are also a lot of these types of comments
    Hmm leah is keeping [STRIKE]OSA[/STRIKE]her fanbase busy methinks.

Hey, here is a whole thread done by [STRIKE]OSA[/STRIKE]her fans. Of course there is a bit of entheta in there... lol
    Also, I suspect the only reason she got on the show is she would be able to pull in Scin celebrities (and friends like Jennifer Lopez who was in the first episode).

Leah is going to get cut...
  20. RightOn Member

I think Leah is as bitchy in real life as she was playing "Carrie" on the King Of Queens.
    She basically played herself.
    Although I think in real life she is even bitchier than Carrie.
    I dont' see any real compassion from her towards what other people are saying what so ever.

I watched some parts of a few episodes and she is over the top bored with what everyone has to say, loud, and talks over everyone. Not good for a show where there is more than one host.

In one part of a show, one of the the other hosts said "and notice I didn't sing it"
    and Leah said "thank God!".
    She got the strangest look back from that host.

I don't think she is right for the show unless she....
    as Doug on King of Queens used to say, "shut it"
  21. Anonymous Member

Problem is, if she is not being brash and talking about herself she has nothing to contribute. She doesn't have any idea.
  22. xenubarb Member

...but Ron does, doesn't he?
  23. AnonyMary Member

These recent posts bring me joy, lol! Keep 'em coming
  24. Anonymous Member

No, he's dead. Unless you mean his reincarnation Suri Cruise? She has lots of ideas, staying on her baby bottle and wearing sophisticated clothing. Maybe Leah could learn from her.

Also, anyone know where I can get episodes 7 and onward? I can't get CBS from outside USA.
  25. xenubarb Member

Ron lives in every single ronbot that has gone thru the mindfuck. The ultimate goal is to be like ron, and he was generous enough to leave directions. Detailed, tedious, mind-numbing directions.
  26. Bipolart Member

This may sound trivial, but her forehead bothers me. It always has. It's big, and now she Botox'd it I think. Big forehead, and a big mouth. She won't last long treating people that way.
  27. 0SailorXenu0 Member

Meh, I never liked her. I hate Kings of Queens because she was a bitch and the one time I saw her as herself she was on Ellen and she seemed bitchy then.

I hope she's cut soon.
  28. Smurf Member

Actually it is. If it draws more attention to her, and viewers like her, it will show in the reviews for show and she can look forward to returning to the show if it is renewed. Remember, Star Jones was booted from "The View" because she got low ratings.

I watched a couple of episodes of 'The Talk' and Remini appeared to be very bored with whole show, except when she & Sharon Osbourne were poking each other in the ribs. Talk about another dullard.
  29. Random guy Member

Funny you should mention it, I've allways found her forhead disturbing. She's got allmost an overhang. Humans (as in Homo sapiens) normally have a slightly sloping or vertical one as adults. She looks like she never grew up.
  30. TheDerpster Member

She is bitchy, it's a hot kind of bitchyness though... Someone sounds a little jealous??
  31. TheDerpster Member

The view sucks anyway, they are all bitchy. Can you imagine being married to that yenta Behar, that voice in your ear day and night :eek:
  32. RightOn Member

agreed. Well sort of.
    I think it draws more attention to her bitchiness, and I think the people who do like her (not including fellow Scientologists) will tire of listening to her.
  33. Smurf Member

It's not my intention to slight New Yorkers, but Leah was born & raised in Brooklyn, which has a history of drumming out bitchy, hard ass people with thick accents that compete with the girls of the "Jersey Shore".

Ask Jason Beghe about growing up on the streets of Brooklyn.
  34. Anonymous Member

Ordinarily I'd agree, but the difference is that she pisses of the wife of the owner of the network and upsets the guests on the show. Judge Judy was not impressed with her.

Also, I didn't see it at first, but her Scieno stuff may be creeping in to later episodes.

I noticed that Leah sits as far away as possible from Julie Chen. You can bet Julie Chen set up the seating arrangements.
  35. Smurf Member

The show is a stinker but if by some miracle, it is renewed, I hope CBS wakes up & kicks Remini & Sara Gilbert to the curb. They are both major downers.
  36. xenubarb Member

I would like to see Juliette Lewis on that show to talk about drug rehab. And I would like to see one well-informed host quiz her on the claims that Scientology and Narconon are separate entities, that the Narconon program has a 70% success rate, and the claim that NN is not a recruitment tool for Scientology.

Yes, I would like that enough to watch this fail show. Because that wouldn't be fail. That other thing. Oh yeah, lulz. I'd love to see them fizzing, hissing and sputtering on teevee!
  37. Sponge Member

Thanks for documenting these observations.

The network executives might discover in viewer surveys that more people are tuning in just to watch if Remini the Retard will go full retard. They'll be saying, "Leah, we need you to do more of that cliche derogatory retardo-spacker thing. Your audience expects it...and so does our accountant"
  38. Anonymous Member

Sara Gilbert strikes me as OK, but I see what you mean. Julie and Holly are upbeat, Ms Osborne personifies perverse brits, but Sara is reserved and analytical and well Leah is well, fucking arrogant bitch. Thank goodness for typecasting. She will now never play any other role.
    I hope not, but I wouldn't put anything past the TV studio. My suspicions having watched it are that she won't last long. There seems to be real tension between her and everyone else, although that does kind of reinforce your point. Time will tell. I would like to watch some of the episodes after episode 6, however I cannot find any of them online and I cannot watch on the station's site from my region.
  39. Anonymous Member

...continued from above

Also, even a Scientologist should never go full retard. Tom Cruise has demonstrated this again and again.
  40. Anonymous Member

Another observation. Notice how the two threads with the most views are the ones with Leah Remini. Notice that they have the same number of posts as the others as though someone were watching to see if they should post.

OSA is doing damage control.

leahreminiosaiswatching.png