Customize

News updates part 5 - 24 June

Discussion in 'News And Current Events' started by Jaymax, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Mousavi wife compares Iran state to martial law
    By MICHAEL WEISSENSTEIN 37 minutes ago

The Associated Press: Mousavi wife compares Iran state to martial law

CAIRO (AP) The wife of Iran's opposition leader is comparing a government crackdown on protests to martial law.

Zahra Rahnavard campaigned beside her husband, Mir Hossein Mousavi. She says on one of his Web sites that his followers have the constitutional right to protest and the government should not deal with them "as if martial law has been imposed in the streets." She is calling for the release of all activists and others arrested at protests.

Mousavi, a former prime minister, saw his campaign transform into a protest movement after the government declared that hard-line President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad won the June 12 election. Mousavi says the result was fraudulent.

Iran's supreme leader has ordered demonstrations to cease and police have used force against protesters.

More news from Qom

Anonym URL

Will be back looking for more new news on Iran

Free Iran
  2. Many people have broken arms/legs/heads - blood everywhere - pepper gas like war.
  3. 7/8 militia beating one woman with baton on ground - she had no defense nothing - sure that she is dead.

awful
  4. so many ppl arrested - young & old - they take ppl away - we lose our group
  5. ppl run into alleys and militia standing there waiting - from 2 sides they attack ppl in middle of alleys
  6. all shops was closed - nowhere to go - they follow ppls with helicopters - smoke and fire is everywhere
  7. those statements above are from twitter.

It seems like there is chaos right now in teheran. And in Qom there are deep divisions.

does anyone know how to quote someone else and use that in a post? Im new here.. Thanks
  8. Just hit the quote button on the buttom left of the post you want to quote. Or use these tags without the space inside for general quotes: [ quote] [ /quote]

And, this is really disheartening news, my prayers are with our people.
  9. Try use
    . If that doesn't work, sign up will do your magic.

10. amen to that.

Freedom is always priced in blood.
  11. bone-hearted creatures of a living hell.

please people please

be where they are not

too easy for me to say

be staunch

but be staunch

bless you
  12. thanks guys.

here is an article:

At last it appears the Iran Regime Change is underway, the fractures of the Clerics in Qom is wide and seemingly unbridgeable

The only way forward appears the election of a new Supreme Leader, as the divide around incumbent Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei is no longer marginal, the divide between him and the opposing Clerics is a chasm

The Qom Cabal :-
    Website Quotes

Ali Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani has been in the holy city of Qom, working to assemble a religious and political coalition to topple the supreme leader and President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

Rafsanjani has succeeded in knocking the supreme leader off his pedestal by revealing Ayatollah Khamenei to be a political partisan rather than an above-the-fray spiritual leader. In other words, the supreme leader has become a divider, not a uniter.

Among those who are now believed to be arrayed against Ayatollah Khamenei is Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani, the top Shia cleric in neighboring Iraq.

Rafsanjani is known to have met with Grand Ayatollah al-Sistanis representative in Iran

Rafsanjani has assembled a near-majority of the Assembly of Experts to oust Khamenei,

Al-Arabiya report citing a "high-ranking source" in Qom who stated that Rafsanjani already has the support to oust Khamenei, but that it is yet to be agreed how he should be replaced.

The Hardliners Mistakes
    Website Quotes :-

To a certain degree, hardliners now find themselves caught in a cycle of doom: they must crack down on protesters if they are to have any chance of retaining power, but doing so only causes more and more clerics to align against them.

Ayatollah Khamenei has forfeited any claim to legitimacy as Supreme Leader. It has been apparent for days now that his only choices were to impose dictatorship without any religious veneer, or to step down.

The world is watching around the clock 365/24/7 as the grip of terror and oppression of Khamenei is slowly dismantled

///

source: City Journalist Directory - Iran the Fracture of the Regime is unfolding in Qom June 2009

i wonder what the mullahs plan next? If khamenei is to be removed, then the islamic republic has changed dramatically.I can only see a domestic conflict here because the IRGC are allied with khamenei, not sure how much real firepower the "reformers" have on their side. IRGC is loyal to khamenei. Bloodbath is what i see here. Unless the regular army takes the side with the people. Basij and IRGC are the SS of the regime and wont give in easy/
  13. Everyone puts their hopes in Qom, but they have said nothing. Rafsanjani has said nothing. Every day the number of protesters is dwindling. The revolution is all but over.
  14. The croud have moved to north south of baharestan, the situation is bad, the shooting has started.
  15. Where on Baraestan?

Near the parliament?
  16. its anything but over. Its the beginning of the end of the regime.
  17. I think they're escaping from the parliament.. not sure
  18. No it is not. These things just don't stop. The fires of revolution are only quelled by the waters of change.
  19. Vanak, tajrish and enghelab square are in very bad situations, the basij and riot police are paced every 10 feet and they react quickly to any stoppage and arrest right on the spot.
  20. vienna Member

date unconfirmed as yet

21. nildor Member

Shrin Ebadi, an Iranian human rights lawyer and Nobel peace prize winner, has offered to represent the family of Neda Agha Soltan, the woman whose death was captured on that horrific video.

"I am personally prepared to legally represent her family against the people who ordered the shooting and those who fired at her. This act was against the law," she told al-Jazeera.

Al Jazeera English - Middle East - Iran's Neda killing 'was illegal'
  22. tim new Member

You sound like a government agent. I will be surprised if there isn't a complete change in 1 week.

Back to real news:

Email from Iranian teen claims he was tortured with some graphic photos to support the claim Iran Teen Describes, Via Email, His Torture - World News Briefs | Newser Does anyone have the actual email to post?

"People have started to scribble slogans on money that is passed around. On one bill I got yesterday someone had written Where is my vote? from an Update on Iran updates – Tehran Bureau The news talks about the people waiting; they are not giving up at all.
  23. What evidence do you have.
  24. We can ask you the same question...isn't it..?
  25. nildor Member

this is very interesting (found here Iran crisis: live - 24 June 2009 | News | guardian.co.uk btw, guardian is doing a splendid job!)

Robert Tait describes one voter's experience as an illustration of the election shenanigans that went on:

26. Sounds like a gov't agent

How about you keep your thoughts to yourself? No one wants you negativity.

I'd love to see what the Basij could do without their weapons. Hopefully we'll get to see in a few days when they go down, and the people tear them apart, like the animals that they are.
  27. vienna Member

The evidence is to go back 30 years in time - almost everything is paralleled today.
  28. Yes but we are wise enough to know that you government trolls are currently on the site. Better question - how's it feel to be working for the scum of the earth?

Really, you are just a pet of murderous dogs and that is sad.
  29. tim new Member

History and the spirit of the Iranian people. And we have the Nedas of Iran. They won't be forgotten.
  30. I'm Australian and I'm a staunch supporter of this pro-democracy opposition. I just don't want people to get their hopes up - every day the number of people out in the streets gets lower, and are more brutally beaten up. SOoner or later, the people will tire, and long for the status quo, even tho its fraudulent.
  31. ^ In additoin, no security force has splintered. People seem to forget that Ahmadinejad IS the face of the security forces.
  32. vienna Member

You obviously (no affront) don't know Iranians well enough. The last part of the last revolution 30 years ago took a year.
  33. That is one damn ugly face. You sound very scared.
  34. The thing is that you don't know jackshit of who i am and what i do....guessing that i work for the Iran government is by far the most stupid remark i have ever seen.

Just to give you a hint...i am on the far side of Iran which we call Europe....so stop making insinuations you don't know about.
  35. The picture and info on the 17 year old tortured kid can be found on International Post near the middle of the page (scroll down a little)
  36. vienna Member

Please understand that the situation is LETHAL for people on the ground; many have family and friends on the streets / in the country, and the government is doing its darndest in every which way tracking "dissent" and brutally cracking down.

Nerves are strung thin, as you can imagine.

Please save discussions on speculations for other, more fitting threads.
  37. rumour they are tracking high use of phone lines to find internet users

reports of street fighting in Vanak Sq, Tajrish sq, Azadi Sq - now -
  38. tim new Member

Another lie exposed

Iranian government have recently tried to claim Neda's death was "staged". Now that lie has been exposed. Until now, no one knew who took the incriminating video so Iran could spin it. No longer. The people involved now have identities:

reported in The Guardian (those blasted British *LOL* ) http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/blog/2009/jun/24/iran-crisis
  39. in Baharestan it has been seened militia with axe choping ppl like meat - blood everywhere - like butcher - Allah Akbar
  40. they catch ppl with mobile - so many killed today - so many injured - Allah Akbar