Customize

News updates part 5 - 24 June

Discussion in 'News And Current Events' started by Jaymax, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Lalezar Sq is same as Baharestan - unbelevable - ppls murdered everywhere
  2. that's sick!
    I'm throwing up in my mouth!
  3. Don't stop

I know things look bleak right now... The untold horrors you all have experienced are more than any one people should endure. What ever you do, don't let those whom have suffered these atrocities down. You are more powerful than you know, your strength is your unwavering resolve for whats good and right for you and your people.
  4. The greatest evidence is HISTORY my friend.

History and the fact that the regime is so desperate right now - inventing blatant lies and threatening nearly every country that condemns the violence. The regime is out of friends, and its getting desperate every second.
  5. I'm not surprised at the brutality

A religious minority in Iran, the Baha'is, have been suffering through torture since it's inception. Many Baha'is are currently imprisoned on false charges, and are tortured, until they recant their faith. Most do not, and simply die at the hands of their torturers.

The government doesn't really care if the person they torture is a man, woman, young, old etc. It is a brutal government, and it's sad that they have unleashed themselves on the entire population.
  6. This is from my source

we must go - dont know when we can get internet
    - they take 1 of us, they will torture and get names -
    now we must move fast - #Iranelection
  7. tim new Member

They are like a cornered rat; lashing out at everyone in their fear. They have doomed themselves by acting contrary to law and more importantly the Koran.
  8. Allah - you are the creator of all and all must return to you - Allah Akbar - #Iranelection Sea of Green

9. this just in

NedaRevolution

live video. Cant confirm if this is happeneing now or not.
  10. Confirmed. This is being said by Tweeters and Facebook people alike. Awaiting pictures.
  11. yikes. I hope this is misinfo. Sounds absolutely appalling.
  12. Militias and plain cloths acts as they will do any thing to suppress ppl gatherings under any under any circumstances,even if thay have to kill ppl to do that !

the basij has entered the crowd on their bikes, they are injuring people with cable, and baton, there is blood everywhere!
  13. I've heard the same thing from trusted source.

Also, confirmed that Mousavi is under equivalent of house arrest. Can't contact supporters.

The administration has thrown all caution and compassion to the wind.
  14. vienna Member

this video is from Shiraz from Saturday or Sunday

[correction: one part of this video is from Shiraz]
  15. Bijan Member

You, Iranian government, you just digged your grave with what you did in Baharestan. Do you honestly think people will be quite after this?
    It's only a matter of time. You are finished.
  16. This is NOT live, it's several videos from the past days.

17. This is something I don't want to be true, but it seems like the people are finished!
    I just hope that the people now know how they have to act when the militia, basijis and the goveernment's bitches are in they're way!

The people of Iran must be prepared for tomorrow, and not give up!
  18. Bijan Member

No people are NOT finished. This is only the beginning. History is repeating itself.
  19. I don't see any way for the Iranian people now but to give violent, guerrilla resistance. When your own government isn't afraid to shoot you and hack you to pieces in the street, then all the peaceful protests in the world won't stop them because they DO NOT CARE about the bad press.

20. And that's what I am afraid of!
    I had enough of this slaughter!
    My family and relatives are living in Tehran and I can't even think of the bare thought that they're living in a world where they can risk they're lifes for stepping out of their homes!

This is have to have an end now!

21. It's a sick world that you don't wan't to get in to.
    The people needs it's freedom, and they should of got it without risking they're lifes!
    Death to dictator!
  22. From CNN

This is a quick transcript of a woman from Tehran who spoke to CNN on the phone. My apologies, it's littered with my phonetic attempts at words I wasn't entirely certain of. Throughout, the caller sounded terrified, and the anchor was clearly just at a loss in the face of the horror.

CNN Anchor: Can you tell us what you saw today when you tried to go to Baharestan square?

Witness: Yes, it was 5:30 I was ah, going towards Baharestan Square with my friends, and uh, this was everyone not just supporters of one candidate or the other, everyone, all of my friends we were going to Bahrestan to express our opposition to these killings these days, and demanding freedom. Uh, but the black clad police they stopped everyone at (Sadeed?)...they, they um, emptied the busses that were taking people there and let the private cars go through and we went on until (Ferdosee?)and then all of a sudden some 500 people with clubs and woods they came out of (Hehdayud?) Mosque and they [poured/pulled?] into the streets and they started beating everyone. And they uh, they tried to beat everyone on (Sadeed?) Bridge and throwing them off of the bridge...

CNN Anchor: This is a pedestrian bridge?

Witness: Yes, a pedestrian bridge, and everyone also on the sidewalks. They beat a woman so savagely that she was drenched in blood. And her husband who was watching the scene he just fainted. And um, I also saw people shooting, uh, I mean the, the security forces shooting on people on Lalezar. Of course people were afraid of the security forces but they were beating people like...help...this was a massacre, they were trying to beat people so they would die, cursing saying very bad words to everyone. Beating old men, this was...this was exactly a massacre. You should stop this. You should stop this! You should help the people of Iran who demand freedom!

CNN Anchor: I'm, uh...

Witness: You should help us!

CNN Anchor: I uh...how many of you were there in this terrible situation?

Witness: There were thousands of people on, on the streets, but it was me and ten of my friends.

CNN Anchor: And you, you said the security forces were shooting at the people? Did you see anybody injured by gunfire?

Witness: No, as I explained earlier I didn't see much, I heard the shooting, and my friends and I we just scattered. Uh, we heard the shooting near Lalezar, and we were near there and we just ran away. I didn't see again what happened. I'm sure people are dead there but I couldn't see, I couldn't catch the film or anything.

CNN Anchor: My dear, this is, this is really terrifying to hear. And we're not only getting this report from you. We got a report from another source in Tehran describing the situation today being terrible--saying people were being shot like animals. They beat the people like animals. Are you safe right now?
  23. Actually, I'd love to be over there helping the Iranian people. I have experience in guerrilla warfare and I know the traditions and customs of the Iranian people. But I am an American and this MUST be their revolution. Not with our help.
  24. The Guardian's Robert Tait sends this synopsis:
    Iran crisis: live - 24 June 2009 | News | guardian.co.uk
    The man, who has come from a small town in the eastern province of Khorasan and has never been in Tehran before, says he is being paid 2m rial (122) to assault protestors with a heavy wooden stave. He says the money is the main incentive as it will enable him to get married and may even enable him to afford more than one wife. Leadership of the volunteers has been provided by a man known only as "Hajji", who has instructed his men to "beat the counter-revolutionaries so hard that they won't be able to stand up". The volunteers, most of them from far-flung provinces such as Khuzestan, Arak and Mazandaran, are being kept in hostel accommodation, reportedly in east Tehran. Other volunteers, he says, have been brought from Lebanon, where the Iranian regime has strong allies in the Hezbollah movement. They are said to be more highly-paid than their Iranian counterparts and are put up in hotels. The last piece of information seems to confirm the suspicion of many Iranians that foreign security personnel are being used to suppress the demonstrators. For all his talk of the legal process, this interview provides a key insight into where Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, believes the true source of his legitimacy rests.
  25. Listen for yourselves if you can stand it....
    YouTube - Brutality in Iran! The world must stand up against such brutality!
  26. start to feel really sick

Iran crisis: live - 24 June 2009 | News | guardian.co.uk

An account from a medical student inside Iran. I am trying to find out where the medical student is.

I only want to speak about what I have witnessed. I am a medical student. There was chaos at the trauma section in one of our main
    hospitals. Although by decree, all riot-related injuries were supposed
    to be sent to military hospitals, all other hospitals were filled to
    the rim. Last night, nine people died at our hospital and another 28
    had gunshot wounds. All hospital employees were crying till dawn. They
    (government) removed the dead bodies on back of trucks, before we were
    even able to get their names or other information. What can you even
    say to the people who don't even respect the dead. No one was allowed
    to speak to the wounded or get any information from them. This morning
    the faculty and the students protested by gathering at the lobby of
    the hospital where they were confronted by plain cloths anti-riot
    militia, who in turn closed off the hospital and imprisoned the staff.

The extent of injuries are so grave, that despite being one of the most staffed emergency rooms, they've asked everyone to stay and help--I'm sure it will even be worst tonight. What can anyone say in face of all these atrocities? What can you say to the family of the 13 year-old boy who
    died from gunshots and whose dead body then disappeared?

This issue is not about cheating (election) anymore. This is not about stealing votes anymore. The issue is about a vast injustice inflected on the people. They've put a baton in the hand of every 13-14 year old to smash the faces of "the bunches who are less than dirt" (government is calling the people who are uprising dried-up torn and weeds). This is what sickens me from dealing with these issues. And from those who shut their eyes and close their ears and claim the riots are in opposition of the government and presidency!! No! The people's complaint is against the egregious injustices committed against the people.
  27. breaking footage from today june 24 wednesday

there is new footage from today june 24 of demonstrators marching in the streets on International Post

there is also purportedly a phone call with CNN by a desperate Iranian student who plead for help because of the massacre happening in Tehran right now but I will update you when the phone call comes out. You can see the reports of the massacres on International post in the post about wednesday's protests

28. This is something Mousavi have to do something about!
    It's outrageous.
  29. Bless You

May the Creator of the Universe bless those who suffer for freedom. Bless them and their families. Provide comfort to those in such horrible pain. Grant them victory against the forces of oppression. Turn the cold hearts of the ruthless away from this horrible violence.

May the Creator of the Universe bring Peace through the vassals of freedom in IRAN!

Bless you all. May you find your way through the horrible darkness, pain, and death to the other side.

30. Peaceful change and protesting is fine and should be encouraged. But these people are being butchered out there. It's only natural that their violent reactions escalate back. Remember, people are actually getting killed down there, and these people need to find a way to stay alive...
  31. Sol Mann Member

Anyone wondering where that exchange just went should check off topic.
  32. Threads about armors for protesting on the street and non-lethal, tactical ways for selfe defense should NOT be deleted!!! Are you kidding yourselves? They are beaten and murdered, and we're supposed to turn our eyes on that? If anything, they need ways to both survive and achieve their goals collectively (that could mean getting home or a certain location, escaping basiji...). Let's be realistic here. We've reached a point where the protesters will need to enforce at least SOME physical force to survive. Let's not be naive here.
  33. Sol Mann Member

Legitimate self defense threads should not be deleted I agree... but we've got a small team of mods right now considering the size of the board and mistakes are going to be made.

it sucks, but it happens... I'm not perfect, and I can misread things. I apologize if I have deleted threads that should not have been deleted.
  34. there is a thread for advice & such for protester tactics. Post the tactical advice there. I want to read updates, not how-to manuals.
  35. These threads should not be deleted -- and I think there are not -- but they should not merge with the NEWS threads...
  36. Sol Mann Member

Agreed, this thread needs to go back on topic right now or I'm gonna start swinging the banhammer.
  37. They shouldn't be posted here, no. But they shall not be censored and I understand that mods can make mistaktes, just stating an opinion here. What difference does it make either way? I don't think this info is reaching who it's supposed to reach, unfortunately.