Customize

No charges against speeding officer involved in crash that killed 5-year-old

Discussion in 'Anonymous News' started by .Sign//, Nov 20, 2014.

1. .Sign// Member

2. Disambiguation Global Moderator

The officer was travelling 122 km/h right before the accident and tried to slam on the brakes, investigators told the boy's family. The cruiser hit the family's car at a speed of 90 km/h.
    The speed limit on the street was 50 km/h.
    The officer was not responding to a call or to an emergency, CTV Montreal's Maya Johnson reported Wednesday. The Crown does not have to give its reasoning when it decides not to lay charges.

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/no-cha...cer-involved-in-crash-that-killed-5-year-old-
  3. Incognitos Member

What happened with the good old To Serve and Protect ?
  4. RightOn Member

horrible
  5. How was this not vehicular manslaughter or at the very, very least *careless driving? I got dinged for careless driving because I slowed down to about 3 kph and rolled through a stop sign, I hope Canadians especially Quebecers demand answers and show some outrage to this bullshit.

* Careless driving defined as, "The Highway Traffic Act of Ontario defines careless driving as driving on a highway without due care and attention or without reasonable consideration for other persons using the highway." (Granted this is Ontario but I'm sure that Quebec has a similar law.)
  6. We need to do something
  7. Berserker101a Member

Agreed.
  8. Random guy Member

WTF? Isn't Canada supposedly civilized?
  9. More civilized and empathic than some places, but corruption, unreason, bigotry, racism, assholes... yep we got it to, just not in the amounts you may be used to.

To put it in perspective. A story, like this, is something that happens every once and awhile, not weekly or daily.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Darth Alor Member

This is horrible i hope the officer is thinking deeply about what he has done. For fixing the problem Vehicular manslaughter sounds right. Sad the kid had so much ahead in life. I hope the family gets justice!
  11. white_wolf Member

thats terrible. that poor child
  12. Wouldn't it be nice to see this happen to someone the piece of shit pig cares about?
  13. anonLX62 Member

the police officer was out joy riding the cruiser! if any other person behind the wheel they see a judge big time and do some hard time VMS
    I can see the police officer getting away with it

1.) only if his car had some damage or broken before he hit the other car! ok
    2.) But if the police car was in great working order before it crash into the other car! No reason for the crash then hang him by their feet or guy by his balls!
  14. The Wrong Guy Member

There are lots of stories like this. Here's one:

Deputy who killed former Napster COO after drifting into the bike lane while distracted by his laptop will NOT face charges because he was answering a work-related email

• Milton Olin Jr, 65, was fatally struck by a Los Angeles county sheriff's patrol car December 8, 2013, as he rode in the bike lane in Calabasas
    • Deputy Anthony Wood was returning from a fire call when he took his eyes off the road to type a work-related message on an electronic device
    • Olin was director of operations for Napster between 2000 and 2002 and was a prominent entertainment lawyer
    • The victim's wife and sons have filed a wrongful death lawsuit claiming Wood was negligent
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ace-charges-answering-work-related-email.html
    • Like Like x 2
  15. kirtland Member

accidents happen. except police, you're out there to uphold laws made to PREVENT exactly wtf happened and ON DUTY?
  16. Adjective Member

Poor kid. That's sad to hear.
  17. Anonymous Member

Those days if they ever actually existed are long gone . It went from Serve and Protect to Harass and Collect
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Disambiguation Global Moderator

I dont know about that. But the "serve" part is definitely gone.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. meep meep Member

More like Protect the 1%
  20. Hugh Bris Member

In the 1980s the courts granted the cops limited immunity from prosecution. It's only gotten worse since then. Just recently the courts decided that ignorance of the law, by LEO, is acceptable, and the perps victims have no recourse. IOW, while you and I are bound to obey all laws, the cops are not.

The courts continue to destroy the rule of law through rulings such as this.
    • Like Like x 2
  21. Anonymous Member

"The Crown does not have to give it's reasoning when deciding not to lay charges".......really? A 5 year old boy was killed because of this officers negligence and no one says anything? I'm disgusted. I guess Canada isn't so different than America. Where an officer can kill a child and walk away free. RIP Tamir Rice.