Customize

Northumbia idle going up for sale

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by charlie, Nov 1, 2010.

1. vegnej Member

Re: Northumbia idle going up for sale

As you can see from Pickles accounts he didn't make enough money for to register his accounts last year. With the UK housing market in the doldrums the £1.5m they paid for it they could could be looking at a 50% loss LOL
  2. DeathHamster Member

Assuming that they can find a buyer at all.
  3. charlie Member

Harrison Hutchinson Accountants

Accountants (Office & Administration) based in the Park View area of Whitley Bay Tel: 0191-252 1566. Address: 246 Park View Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
  4. vegnej Member

They also have security on the premises £8. 50 an hour 24/7 and they've been there for over a year and I was told no discount for longer periods, me thinks they've paid pushing £100,000 in security costs alone.!!
  5. strobe Member

Haha ahh, makes me wish they'd not accepted it was a doomed mission.
  6. AnonLover Member

possibly related but i dont have time to search right now... i seem to recall something similar happening with either portland or seattle (or some such NW US) idle morgue.

they bought the building then stalled, never started renos, then suddenly changed their tune and was selling the building due to problems and already set on buying another chosen location. and thus the idle org reg cycle started all over again.

^^if happening again in northumbria, might wanna consider what other properties might be possible candidates for next idle org alternative target infestation location?
  7. Sponge Member

According to the Gateshead council planning database.....

It seems they had an "event" or at least applied to hold an event on 4th September 2010 in the carpark (they could hardly have it inside the derelict building itself, lol). Why though? Last ditch attempt to reg donations?
    The only special scientology significance of 4th Sept is "Clear Day"

reference: 10/01718/TEN
    Record Type: Licence Application
    Description: Temp Event Notice LA2003
    Link: PublicAccess v7.4 @ Gateshead Council: Application Details (10/01718/TEN)

Applicant Details: Colin Anthony Edmundson
    Date Issued: No details

Activity Type: Regulated Entertainment
    Start Time: No Details
    End Time: No Details
    Capacity: 100
    Start Date: 4/9/2010
    End Date: 4/9/2010

Main page for the idle org property:
    PublicAccess v7.4 @ Gateshead Council: Property Details

What is a "Temp Event Notice/Application LA2003"?
    http://www.gateshead.gov.uk/Business and Industry/licenses/licencingact/temp_event_notice.aspx

----------------------------

Colin Edmunson comes up positive as a UK scilon on google

as well as on the TAS website Colin Edmundson - Scientology Service Completions | Truth About Scientology Statistics Project (records from 2002 to 2003 shows OT IV back then)

and the old CoS cookie cutter websites ....
  8. BigBeard Member

Maybe the plan to donate the building as a bat habitat and take the tax write off for it.

BigBeard
  9. charlie Member

100 people LOL there was about 10 turned up for the reunion event in the pub next door guess we must have made them unwecome there by protesting at the pub.

334ja09sd4.png
  10. Sponge Member

^Yeah I lol'd at that "100" figure too.

I remember the '08 pub protest postgame. Lulz.
  11. RolandRB Member

I'd prefer it if they kept it, spent huge amounts of money on it, paid full business rates on it, and got no customers ever except for their stupid selves such that it was a huge drain on their resources.
  12. Sponge Member

That's one way of looking at it but I prefer that they have one less venue to sucker in even just one more person through it and into their cult, followed by more tales of rip offs and family disconnection
    e.g. current hot topic.....
    http://forums.whyweprotest.net/24-f.../uk-anons-get-nat-out-cult-scientology-72951/
  13. charlie Member

Just come back from the place , no for sale signs but did'nt expect any , the local's are using the car park as a free rubbish tip LOL .
  14. RolandRB Member

What is needed is a large sign there saying "RUBBISH MAY BE SHOT HERE" and see how quickly the car park fills up.
  15. charlie Member

You no Gateshead's come a long way in the last few years, what with demolition of the multi-story car park and the town centre regeneration about to start , but that place just takes the piss, you cant miss it.

gh1y.png
  16. Sponge Member

psychohouse.jpg

The thought of a "Scientology" sign glowing in the distant view from the bus station would be painful and extra creepy.
  17. RightOn Member

wouldn't it be neat to take pics of orgs that closed or orgs in disrepair (including ones that never opened and are vacant) and send them on postcards about?

They can be sent to other orgs, so the staffers see them?
    Would be great to get the public to see them by posting them collectively in a blog or article in many places?

maybe in the style of the old fashioned ones?

"Greetings From Northumbia Org"

on the back you can put "where your donations are going/went"
    and other info like when it was bought and for how much, when it closed, or it never opened, or it is in disrepair.

thoughts?
  18. charlie Member

att8pw.jpg [/QUOTE]
    quote: RightOn
    wouldn't it be neat to take pics of orgs that closed or orgs in disrepair (including ones that never opened and are vacant) and send them on postcards about?

They can be sent to other orgs, so the staffers see them?
    Would be great to get the public to see them by posting them collectively in a blog or article in many places?

maybe in the style of the old fashioned ones?

"Greetings From Northumbia Org"

on the back you can put "where your donations are going/went"
    and other info like when it was bought and for how much, when it closed, or it never opened, or it is in disrepair.

thoughts?
  19. RightOn Member

yes I saw that, thats what gave me the idea to do it more on a grand scale.
    I mean ALL the closed, vacant and disrepair orgs and send them all around

EDITED:
    would make some dandy Christmas postcards to send to the orgs too!

Seasons Greetings From XXXX

DM would love it
  20. xenubarb Member

I like it!
  21. xenubarb Member

I occasionally go out and shoot TVs in the desert for fun, but shooting rubbish?

Busting a cap through a KFC bucket seems like a waste of ammo to me.
  22. RightOn Member

23. charlie Member

Good idea LOL.

dsc00606.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  24. RightOn Member

I have seen some vintage post cards that have four images on one card split in quarters.
    You can do images of 4 diff orgs on one card? More bang for your buck?

I am not good at shooping or computer art skilz
    Need Sponge or Freake to do a postcard with four different fail orgs on one?
    or some with just one with "Seasons Greetings"

Best not to send a card in an envelope.
  25. greebly Member

This is interesting info in relation current deffered surplus held by COSRECI.

As far as I am aware there is no charge left on this asset therefore the cash would go direct to COSRECI and not "other parties" in relation to projectsausagelulz.

Only 2 assets I know of still remain with charge and unpaid.

Any further details you have on the building and potential sale/offers could you post links here and either add to the OP or not depending how busy folk are.

thx
  26. RolandRB Member

"To Shoot" as a verb also means to throw away in English. "Rubbish may be shot here" is the now out-of-date sign that used to be put up in London for public waste dumps.

Have you not heard the phrase "Get shot of it"?
  27. RolandRB Member

How about "Be of good cheer" in the first line instead?

or

Good Tidings of Great Joy

We give you....

Northumbria Fail Org

"Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger."
    – Luke 2:10-12
    • Like Like x 1
  28. xenubarb Member

I've heard a variation in the South, to "get shut of it."

South never gets it right.
  29. RolandRB Member

Look up "flag" in the Devil's Dictionary.
  30. charlie Member

The place is looking a mess , wall collapsed into the park next door rear door kicked in fly tipping and grafitti everywhere
    dsc00686y.jpg
    dsc00689e.jpg
    dsc00687p.jpg
    Put a complaint into the council .
    • Like Like x 6
  31. Anonymous Member

chalk on pavement says 'Hello Dave' :confused:
  32. charlie Member

Fuck me!!!!! I never twigged LOL .
  33. Anonymous Member

Wait ... is that the org? ^^^
  34. Sponge Member

LOL, Charlie, ssshhh you should have taken credit for it.

Did that wall really fall down and is there a huge pile of bricks that we can't see from that angle, or do you think it was helped a bit by locals perhaps wanting some nice old bricks for their garden walls or BBQ construction?

What a fucking shit heap.
    • Like Like x 1
  35. timthephoto Member

meanwhile 50 miles south of there, York's mission looks quite classy too, and nobody knows wether it's open for business or not..

NDyNZ.jpg
    K5U5I.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  36. RolandRB Member

I'm glad you put in a complaint to the Council. The tipping could cause a plague of rats. The collapsed wall spoils the look of the park and could be a danger to children playing there. Don't know about the kicked in door but I'm sure I will think of something. Ah yes, it is a danger as vandals might be able to get in and set fire to the building.....................

Hmmmmm..............

Just a minute -- didn't somebody say they were paying for security? Then how come they have got a kicked in door there not fixed? Do they have an obligation to provide security for this building? Is there a big fuss somebody could kick up about this? May be there is a big fine involved also.

<evil chuckle>
    • Like Like x 3
  37. Budd Member

"England and America are two countries separated by a common language." -GBS

Imagine the consternation of the American tourists across the pond on holiday when they would see signs "FOOTBALL COACHES NOT ALLOWED."
  38. Budd Member

"Fly tipping" - Now that's another good one. They are pretty small to knock over, even if you can get them to hold still.

Here in the colonies we practice cow tipping.
    • Like Like x 3
  39. RolandRB Member

• concern about a dangerous building‏

invis.gif To customerservices@gateshead.gov.uk

Sent: 07 May 2011 06:24:47
    To: customerservices@gateshead.gov.uk

Dear Sirs,

could you please take immediate action to secure this Church of Scientology owned building in your area.

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/threads/northumbia-idle-going-up-for-sale.64881/page-2#post-1727842

It is not so much the collapsed wall that is a danger nor the fly tipping attracting rats that poses a problem but rather the kicked in door I see there. This will encourage children to enter the building and vandals will perhaps set light to it and cause a danger to themselves and neighbouring buildings. I am surprised there is so little security for what I understand is a listed building. This is a clear and present danger to children in the area and immediate action is required.

I don't know the address but I understand this is a prominent building visible from a large bus stop as shown below.

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/threads/northumbia-idle-going-up-for-sale.64881/page-2#post-1304030

Roland Rashleigh-Berry
    • Like Like x 4
  40. RolandRB Member

There could be a young child in that building right now who has strayed away from his mother, seen the hole in the door and crawled through the gap as an adventure. Staggering around in the dark inside he falls through a rotten floorboard and the splinters have stuck into his leg trapping him there. He cries for help but is unheard. Now he can only sob as the blood poisoning starts to work on his tiny frail body.

Somebody call for the Fire Brigade to free him!
    • Like Like x 2