Customize

northumbria idle fire .

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by charlie, Aug 4, 2011.

1. charlie Member

• Like Like x 4
  2. Anonymous Member

Terrible to see an old building be allowed to crumble this way.

Bad news for us, as the Scientologists now stand to benefit from a big insurance claim.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. veravendetter Member

True, but the insurance company would also expect the property to be secured properly against entry, which it wasn't.
  4. Anonymous Member

Plus, of course, they do have somewhat of a history of 'unusual fires in their buildilngs', don't they?
  5. Anonymous Member

Have you confirmed who the owner is via Land Registry, i.e. still Richard Pickles or the Church of Scientology?
  6. Anonymous Member

when did this happen is it in the local press yet!
  7. charlie Member

Within the last 2 weeks as that's when I was last there , never seen anything in the chronicle .
  8. Anonymous Member

I'd suggest 'pooning 1) the press, 2) the council (esp. the conservation officer who expressed concerns), and 3) the historical society again, attaching all relevant past/present photos - the open doors, etc.

CoS page on the Northumbria Ideal Org: mod edit: Sci link: http://www.ukotc.org.uk/northumbria.htm

Maybe tell/remind the press that, following Pickles' successful planning application for a change of use, the Council has said that the CoS would be in breach of the use class if they occupied it, which is one possible reason why nobody's cared enough to secure and maintain the building.
  9. RolandRB Member

Not if we can find out the name of the insurance company and let them know and show them proof that the building had been neglected and that they were told about the problem.
    • Like Like x 8
  10. RolandRB Member

Sorry, Northumbria, but the regeneration of your area has been put on hold.
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Doubt it

Ever heard of an insurance company that *wants* to pay out money? Me neither. I'll bet that the insurers are already conducting their investigation, and they'll be thorough. I can definitely imagine them browsing this board looking for incriminating dox.

That's if it was even insured at all... Don't put it past the cult to try and cut corners on that sort of thing.
  12. wolfyrik Member

It looks like there was a belltower on this building, the red-brick makes it look early 20th century, maybe pre-1940. Is it listed? This could be a problem for the cult.
  13. Anonymous Member

14. Anonymous Member

http://britishlistedbuildings.co.uk/site/about-listed-buildings/

Anons: Why not write to the local councillors to express - very politely - your shock and dismay that this listed building has been allowed by its owners to fall into disrepair?

You could ask them if the council plans to take any action.

http://www.writetothem.com/write?who=all&type=MTW&pc=NE8 1PS
  15. pedrofcuk Member

What is it with scilons and maps? Northumbria according to that ^ reaches all the way into Lothian and includes Edinburgh, the capital city of Scotland, bet the HAPIfags are none too hapi about that. The map also takes in large areas of Yorkshire, Lancashire and Humberside. And their tech makes people brighter? No, it doesn't.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Anonymous Member

17. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  18. So that's where Spangly got to...
    • Like Like x 3
  19. RolandRB Member

OUTSTANDING !!!!!

Now we need to know who insured it.
  20. Anonymous Member

I wonder how long till Camelot Castle has 'a mysterious fire'?
  21. Anonymous Member

My guess would be that it's not. Pesky wog insurance investigators are pesky, always sticking their noses into places where they're not wanted. With the "expansion" that follows the acquisition of each idle org, surely the cult has enough resources on hand to clean up it's own MEST problems. Surely.
  22. moarxenu Member

BURN BABY BURN

• Like Like x 4
  23. AnotherSock Member

• Like Like x 2
  24. Anonymous Member

While I can feel the bitter sweetness of Schadenfre├╝de, I can't also help but feel sad about the building. I have a soft spot for the brickwork and old, buckly window glass.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. wolfyrik Member

Thanks Anon for the writeto link, takes you direct to the ready prepared form, just have to fill in the details and your message can be sent to the MP's for Gateshead. Good work :D
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Sponge Member

Local scilons down at the Sunderland org will be mobilised immediately to handle this and make it go right. Oh wait....

8yw8pg.jpg
    • Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  27. veravendetter Member

28. veravendetter Member

With a Guy Fawkes mask left at the scene, covered in Mappin's fingerprints.
    • Like Like x 2
  29. And well done RolandRB for ensuring the scientologists were informed about the risk their building was in from random vandals/squatters. Scientology will not be able to argue with their Insurer that they had taken adequate precautions and didn't know the shape it was in.

You sneaky devil, well played. <3
    • Like Like x 4
  30. Sponge Member

• Like Like x 22
    • Funny Funny x 1
  31. veravendetter Member

Even better^
  32. Anonymous Member

This stinks. The Scientologists buy a listed building and then find they've bitten off more than they can chew. It stands empty for a long while with no attempt to work on it... and then it mysteriously burns?

The council and the insurers might do well to examine exactly how much money was sought for this project, what the money was supposed to be for, how much money was actually raised and where it went. It sure as heck didn't get used to operate that crappy little org in Sunderland that's never open.

So where did all the money go? Clearwater, we have to assume. And if the insurers did pay out on this claim, would we get our listed building repaired, amde safe and restored? No. It would simply allow another draft of money to be sent to the headquarters of the UFO cult in Clearwater, Florida.
    • Like Like x 1
  33. Anonymous Member

Quite.

Nothing hurts a criminal cult more that being lubelessly sodomised with the Great Dildo of Justice
    • Like Like x 7
  34. subrosa Member

"Nothing hurts a criminal cult more that being lubelessly sodomised with the Great Dildo of Justice"

An outstanding, timeless quote
    • Like Like x 2
  35. SwordofTruth Member

Fantastic, laughed like a proper bastard and proberly woke the neighbours up.
  36. Jeff Jacobsen Member

• Like Like x 7
  37. another123 Member

LOL, PEDALphile warning sign.
    [IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  38. Gary Busey Member

Yea because rejoicing over a fire totally makes you guys look like the nice guys.

GOOD JOB ANONYMOUS
  39. Nice try Gary. People from this site sent 9000+ poons trying to prevent this completely predictable outcome. You are willfully misinterpreting the collective facepalm of massive proportions as jubilation. Not.
    • Like Like x 7
  40. Anonymous Member

Fuck off faggot.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1