Customize

northumbria idle fire .

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by charlie, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Sponge Member

I wonder could the insurance company's reluctance to pay out be due to some clause that made the owner fully or partly liable damage costs caused by failure to take reasonable steps to secure the bulding?
    I mean doors were wide open.

Edit: Snap! I posted the same time as Roland's similar concerns.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. RolandRB Member

From what we know, this building was empty and NEGLECTED and was being broken into and this was informed to the owners and the council. The owners boarded it up but then did not give it 24h protection so it got broken into again and then some squatters lit a fire and the roof got burnt. So the owners were not taking care of the property and it is no surprise that there was a fire.

WE NEED TO CONTACT THE INSURANCE COMPANY
  3. RolandRB Member

Dere Church,

you are not going to get any insurance money to fix that roof so you will have to REG IT FROM THE CHUMPS !!!!

Send out the invitations to an Ethics Sec Check now !!!
  4. Anonymous Member

An update on the North East Urban Exploration Forums yesterday:

In light of the letter from the council though I think 'demolition' is overstating it, and this activity probably relates to the "clearing of combustible materials" and "improvements to the landscaping" that it mentions. (I don't know, just reporting what's on that forum.)
  5. RolandRB Member

They had better be quick because there is "Heavy Rain" forecast for Monday (though this may not happen).
  6. RolandRB Member

What could be the "improvements to landscaping"?
  7. RolandRB Member

"our old friends" is probably referring to the charvers as nobody will be at work at 9pm.
  8. wolfyrik Member

That's a very good point I'd forgotten about in my late night stupor, the insurance won't pay up when the cult clearly left the place open to vandalism. Hell, some home insurance won't pay up if you don't have locks on the upper floor windows.

So, unless there's something we're missing, the insurers won't pay up for the repairs, at least not for full repair cost, though there may be (however unlikely) some clause under which they will pay for emergency repairs to stop further damage, given that it's a listed building.
    Which, in-turn, means that the cult will have to cover the costs of the repair work that the council is doing, then restoration costs for the building or else face "formal action".

That about sum it up?
  9. wolfyrik Member

Can someone link me the photos of the place before the fire, the ones that show it was wide open?
  10. RolandRB Member

Look earlier in this same thread.
  11. Sponge Member

In the months before the fire...

Posted on northeasturbex.co.uk forum: 23rd May 2011 (edited: 11 June 2011)
    http://www.northeasturbex.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/1607-Windmill-Hills-The-Newbie-Report
    continued in next post......
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Sponge Member

Pre-fire damage pics continued from my post above.....

Posted on wwp May 19 2011:
    http://forums.whyweprotest.net/threads/northumbia-idle-going-up-for-sale.64881/page-3#post-1748973

Posted on WWP May 25 2011
    http://forums.whyweprotest.net/threads/northumbia-idle-going-up-for-sale.64881/page-5#post-1756163

Posted on wwp July 9 2011:
    http://forums.whyweprotest.net/threads/northumbia-idle-going-up-for-sale.64881/page-8#post-1811217
    That I think is the pictoral timeline of neglect pre-fire.
  13. RolandRB Member

The good news is that the building will be saved.....

The good news is that the clams are going to have to pay for it.
  14. wolfyrik Member

Thanks, sponge! It was the May 25th image I was hopeing for, knew I'd seen them somewhere.
  15. Anonymous Member

Quite. I was rather sad this fine old building was seemingly going to waste. It is a good thing someone alerted the authorities and got something done. Hopefully the clams will have to actually use some money on it now.
  16. Sponge Member

You're welcome. Thanks to Charlie and the other forums for getting the photo evidence.
    As you can see, there have been a number of small fires previously, and little effort was made to properly secure the building from further damage despite parties being informed. If it was in a more remote location instead of a residential area (where fires would be spotted by locals before they could fully take hold) then it probably wouldn't be standing at all.
  17. xenubarb Member

That building would make an epic condominium project for people with quirky taste in buildings.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Anonymous Member

Confirmed?

Doxplox?
  19. Anonymous Member

^ yes - doxes ploxes?
  20. Anonymous Member

fify
  21. RolandRB Member

^^^
    how do we find out who the insurance company is?
  22. Anonymous Member

You can't. Are there many insurers in the UK as a whole?
  23. Anonymous Member

I don't think scilons bother with wog insurance. Poon council.
  24. RolandRB Member

The council say they are waiting on the release of funds from the insurance company so it seems there is one. I want to see that building fixed so I hope the insurance company releases the money. But on the other hand the building was neglected so I hope the insurance company does not pay so I think the clams should pay to fix it.
  25. Anonymous Member

fify, again.
  26. RolandRB Member

If there were no insurer then this could be quite newsworthy. Fingers crossed.
  27. charlie Member

Will pop down today to get some pics .
    • Like Like x 1
  28. RolandRB Member

Of course it IS insured. It is insured by OT postulates. What would you prefer if you were a clam - the postulates of billion gigawatt OTs or wog insurance? And if that fails then reg the chumps who contributed for more since they are obviously out-ethics.
    • Like Like x 1
  29. Regging makes the world go round
  30. RolandRB Member

There'll be some heavy regging going on to get that building fixed if, as some suspect, they did not feel the need to insure it.
    • Like Like x 1
  31. Anonymous Member

Seems to be mostly your wishful thinking. If there's any factual basis for believing they don't insure their buildings feel free to post it.
    • Like Like x 1
  32. Anonymous Member

Yeah, I recall something about Scientologists not believing in life insurance but the church cares more about its buildings than its members.
  33. xenubarb Member

Yeah, especially considering all those BOMB THREATS they keep claiming to get.
  34. I'm wondering when the next warrior wielding swords will go on a rampage.
  35. xenubarb Member

After pondering this, I decided you meant 'wielding swords.'

Because we never yield. (sounds kinda sea orgy, doesn't it)

Anyway, every once in a while Scientology gets its hooks into someone who is seriously mentally ill and makes them worse. Portland, Oregon; an African man with mental health problems was relieved of all his moneyz by Scientology and couldn't get a refund. He went into the org and winged a receptionist.

Epic Swords Guy didn't sound like he had all his burritos in a basket either.

There is plenty of video evidence that Scientology makes lunatics out of normal people. What then, when it's used on someone already teetering on the edge of sanity?
  36. Yes, you are right. And I am acutely aware of scn making ppl insane. I was one of them for a time.
  37. RolandRB Member

still no pics :-(
  38. charlie Member

School holl's and the wife are conspiring against me will try sometime this week to get down .
  39. charlie Member

dsc00791fu.jpg
    dsc00792dq.jpg
    Very little changed apart from some metal shuttering but had a cracking chat with a clam (red van man) I'm not a scientologist "but" LOL , everything and everyone are conspiring against them because of good they do, this guy had so many conspiracy theory's and hidden agenda's coming out of his mouth I had to laugh quite a bit (sorry if your reading this mate) , and how the big pharmaceutical company's and physiatrists are drugging all the kids , good job I had my daughter with me in her wheelchair who is epileptic , but it's ok to give her the med's "strange" , lost count of how many times he said "read a book" , he say's he's only done a couple of course's LOL .
    According to him he's a friend of the managing director of the sunderland org (his word's not mine) the building's been broken into more than 100 time's since they bought it and they've done great job looking after it ? , but now the building's not fit for purpose ? and will not be the Northumbria ideal org apparently they cannot raise the finances LOL , spent about 45 min's talking to him we agreed to disagree .
    • Like Like x 5
  40. You're a trooper charlie, interesting update.
    Drat that he didn't cough up the answer to the insurance question.