Customize

northumbria idle fire .

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by charlie, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

Doesn't look quite as smutty as the longer erect tower in the right.

Quite the masculine building that.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Triumph Member

http://www.swrnn.com/2011/08/27/will-ferrell-revives-ron-burgundy-raises-300000-for-cancer-survivors-at-pechanga’s-‘kinda-humorous-comedy-show’/

Scientology Security failed to gun Ron Burgundy down..I guess
  3. veravendetter Member

Because the other one is. You can see the verdigris. Loads of buildings of that era around here have copper tops.
    Not saying I'm definitely right, but I've also seen it IRL, although it was before the fire. Could just be covered in soot.
  4. RolandRB Member

I think we are looking at 500 quid's worth of scrap copper sat on top of that roof for the enterprising soul who would dare scale it.
  5. xenubarb Member

Scrap? I dare say you could call it "custom patina'ed' and charge double.
  6. RolandRB Member

If I woz a charver I'd nick a ladder and be up that roof like a rat up a drainpipe. Put a lasso round it and get me mates to tug at it while I cut through some of the supports with a hacksaw.

That thing must be worth a few hundred bottles of bella.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. veravendetter Member

Reclamation guys will do that when demolished. But if it comes down of it's own accord someone will have it sold and melted before you can say, 'Canny bag o' Tudor'
    • Like Like x 1
  8. xenubarb Member

Pity the cult has been forced to employ security then, innit.
  9. veravendetter Member

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  10. DeathHamster Member

If there was that much copper, someone would have pinched it already to sell as scrap for cheap drugs.

(People are always trying to steal copper from live power lines, so this would be a snap.)
  11. charlie Member

tow1d.png

More than likely it's cast iron and if that's the case it could be the hold up massive safety problem if it fall's over .
    • Like Like x 2
  12. RolandRB Member

The base of that thing looks to me to have been shaped out of copper plate. I don't have a feel for what the columns are made out of but I guess it is metal.

That's a small fortune in scrap teetering on the top of that roof. If people are unlucky then it will fall straight down and then the scilons will get it.

You'd have thought the insurance company would have released the funds by now so the place could be fixed up.
  13. charlie Member

They have blocked of access to the buildings car park but there's one car parked there this must belong to security guard , wonder how long before the chav's blag the window's on it LOL .

The area is metered parking only but its strange that only ticket machine has been stolen LOL .
  14. Sponge Member

The boarding-up on that side is still inadequate. Do they think that temporary fence is going to stop people? Also one window there totally not boarded up at all.
    On the other side of the building the previously posted photos from 23rd August show proper boarding up with metal screen shutters on the lower parts of windows.

Also, look into the vent holes on the middle window with the more intense smoke marks. Should we be seeing daylight from that angle? Is the internal damage worse than the pics let on? Hmmm.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. RolandRB Member

^^^
    I think the scilons have an M/U on "grand opening"
    • Like Like x 2
  16. charlie Member

Metal screen shutters stop half way down the side of the building , so I presume it's got something to do with the insurance problem .

Window's on the other side top are broken but not boarded up .
    • Like Like x 2
  17. xenubarb Member

Charlie, thanks a lot for taking the trouble to share northumbria's pain with us. It's almost like being there!
    • Like Like x 5
  18. RolandRB Member

If we knew what that roof feature was called then maybe we could Wiki it and find out what it is made of and therefore how much the scrappy would pay for it.

That could keep a charver in drugs for a year plus a few months of bella.
  19. xenubarb Member

20. Sponge Member

• Like Like x 1
  21. xenubarb Member

So is it or innit a cupola?
  22. charlie Member

yes LOL .
  23. RolandRB Member

24. RolandRB Member

Rain and wind forecast for early tomorrow in Gateshead and what with them being on a hill that gets the full brunt of the wind (Windmills Hill) then that cupola might make a landing as well as more of the roof gone.

http://uk.weather.com/weather/today-Gateshead-UKXX0060

If we check again tonight we will see if the forecast is still the same. The weather is very changeable over the UK but if the forecast is the same again with 12 hours or less to go then it will probably happen.

Edit: Looks like it's on. Significant rain at 5am followed by a few hours of wind starting at 11am. If the wind gusts it will take part of the roof off.
    • Like Like x 1
  25. xenubarb Member

26. RolandRB Member

27. pedrofcuk Member

There is a Sunderland scilon called John Morgan, the local anons called him creepy grandad for a while, John is actually a really nice bloke if a bit deluded by Hubbard's bullshit, John spotted something wrong 20 years ago and confided in me but we both just shrugged it off, John used to own a hotel and it is now under new ownership, it's my guess that he sold his hotel and bought the building for the Idle Org.

Poor John. His two children may have lost their inheritance.
  28. RolandRB Member

I hope that means something nice in the US.
  29. RolandRB Member

If he had any sense he would sue to get his money back.
  30. pedrofcuk Member

31. RolandRB Member

I bet they put some serious pressure on him to sell it and hand over the money.
  32. xenubarb Member

33. Well, the way it's deteriorating, it's gonna be a crapola any time now.
    • Like Like x 2
  34. Sponge Member

Well, there's only a cupola scientologists left in the UK.
    Geddit? couple'o scientolgists. [groan]
    Ah nevermind, I'll get me coat.
    • Like Like x 5
  35. Triumph Member

• Like Like x 1
  36. LocalSP Member

37. Anonymous Member

So does anyone have the pics of what it is supposed to look like when it is finished, the idealized ideal org?
  38. RolandRB Member

Google:

Northumbria Ideal Org
  39. charlie Member

40. RolandRB Member

I don't know how much rain they got but it should be blowy there at the moment and for the next few hours.