Customize

northumbria idle fire .

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by charlie, Aug 4, 2011.

1. timthephoto Member

can hardly wait for charlie to get some more pics :p
  2. RolandRB Member

Charlie, when the winds die down and it is safe to venture out there then a photographic assessment of the damage to that place would be very much appreciated.
  3. Anonymous Member

Updated.
  4. Sponge Member

Stop Press: Northumbria idle org is now in Tyne Dock undergoing a refit.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. RolandRB Member

There will be a strong enough wind the whole of Tuesday to do damage with a gust but I am sure that cupola will still be there unscathed. It's a very fine cupola!
  6. Sponge Member

Newcastle airport, edited TAF: @ 0630
    13th sept 0600 to 14th Sept 0600
    230 degrees 23mph gusting 34
    30% probability, temporary from 1000 to 2400 hrs 270 degress 32mph gusting 52mph
    30% probability, temporary from 1600 to 2200 hrs RAIN.

Artists impresssion of Northumbria Ideal Org:

northumbriascientologyf.jpg
    • Like Like x 7
  7. RolandRB Member

8. RolandRB Member

• Like Like x 1
  9. charlie Member

• Like Like x 3
  10. Thanks for the up-to-the-moment update charlie. Does this mean reconstruction not demolition? And who is Redfern's client?
  11. charlie Member

Yep construction I hope .
    Most likely it will be the insurance company's ? .
    Silver car had doors and tailgate open but could'nt see anybody about .
  12. The insurance company that probably ought to end up owning that building if they take a good look at the neglect it received at the hands of the insured party? Do you mean that insurance company?
    Gawd I hope they have balls to deny that claim, if/when there is one.
  13. RolandRB Member

What are scaffolding poles worth to the scrappy?
  14. RolandRB Member

It survived the winds. It must have been well built.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. xenubarb Member

OMG that is so CLEVAR!!!
    I am impressed!
  16. veravendetter Member

Cheers for the foties charlie. This is way better than Emmerdale.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. xenubarb Member

Yar, fanks, Chaz!
  18. Sponge Member

Thanks Charlie.

The scaffolding helped stop that cupola from ending up on the ground.

If only they'd had proper 24/7 security in the first place then they would never have had to go to all this trouble. Well actually, if only they'd got their fingers out of their arses in the first place and rennovated the thing soon after pruchase instead of dicking around for 5 years then none of this would have happened.

If there isn't any insurance cover or only partial cover then that £25,000 that Sunderland miraculously won in their idle org football contest won't go very far. Probably won't pay for much scaffolding hire considering all the work they have to do so they better get on with it.
    I bet they are kicking themselves. By now they should have been using that money to do things like choose carpets and nice stuff like that, not for cleaning up remedial work due to neglect. They must be the most rubbish in the UK at being scilons even if they can play football.

I wonder though. Is there any actual construction going on? Maybe they're just doing an assessment. Mind you, I don't expect they'll be doing much work in these high winds, which are still a bit blustery. It's going to be a lovely calm sunny day on thursday apparently, so they should be able to get loads done.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. vaLLarrr Member

Roland RB. I love you man. But you need to check yourself with this shit. I ride a motorbike and you don't want me haunting your ass.
    • Like Like x 2
  20. veravendetter Member

21. ^^lol

and yeah Roland...keep the passion and the good work, tone down the human decapitation imagery

please
    • Like Like x 2
  22. xenubarb Member

I do too, but I don't ride one around that building so it's lulz.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Anonymous Member

It's all lulz but ...some things are better left unsaid. Us bikers have enough shit to deal with on the roads without kicking back on WWP to read that. I'll be racing the Miscavige faggot bike any day, the little bitch can't even reach the clutch.
  24. Anonymous Member

Now if these two were riding in that area..............
    buddies.jpg
  25. veravendetter Member

crying.gif
    • Like Like x 2
  26. Anonymous Member

Anyone tipping off Redfern Building Services about Scientology's history of non-payment and invoice evasion?
    • Like Like x 1
  27. xenubarb Member

You ride on the wrong side of the street, so wtf u expect bruthah?
  28. Squirrel King Member

Let me guess: they announced when they purchased it that it would take 6 months to renovate? Our local morgue was supposed to be operational in 2006 as well.

Probably stabilizing the building. Ol' Davey Miscavige ain't gonna put a crowbar in his wallet to fund a rebuild.
    • Like Like x 1
  29. charlie Member

Idle org football contest ?
  30. Sponge Member

31. Anonymous Member

i'm not one for saying anything, and i'd hate to speak out of turn but. .

what if the neglect-chavs-fire-insurance_claim is all someones postulate for getting the building fixed up on the insurance company's dime ?
  32. Anonymous Member

[/quote]

see upthread.
  33. xenubarb Member

Can't happen. We've been watching that building for months before the fire. Broken windows, open doors, no security. If there's a fire, they pulled it in by owning a big old pile that is just a big old attraction for kids with wine and no place to go.
  34. DeathHamster Member

You both do lane-splitting, which I'd never trust Toronto drivers to do properly.
  35. xenubarb Member

Oh, my dear fellow; motorists are merely rocks in the stream we navigate. Properly done, lanesplitters keep eyes out for ciggie butt flickers, door openers, lane-changers and coffee dreg hurlers. Torontulas can't possibly be worse than all the east coast drivers who moved out here.
  36. DeathHamster Member

Toronto middle coast drivers are in a class to themselves. It's not a good ride unless you have to avoid at least one driver intent on vehicular homicide, and I'm well outside Toronto proper and wear a hi viz jacket.
  37. Anonymous Member

Spend some time travelling around Toronto with British people. They will usually remark on how safe and polite the drivers are.
  38. Random guy Member

It's been coming down in buckets on this side of the North Sea. Any news from Windy Hill?
  39. jensting Member

You guys have weather too? Visiting Okinawa at the moment, they have weather here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typhoon_Roke_(2011)

/derail

Best Regards

Jens