Customize

November 10th - Manchester, UK

Discussion in 'Europe' started by strobe, Nov 14, 2012.

1. strobe Member

• Like Like x 6
  2. A.O.T.F Member

People have been telling me that whenever they encounter the Manchester Anons,on the street they are always courteous, helpful,happy,enthusiastic for the cause and as funny as fuck! .. Always a pleasure to hear from you Strobe,and for keeping us posted about developments. A great shot by the way .. Manchester Anons ROCK!
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Dragononymous Member

Mona Lisa <3
  4. Anonymous Member

This?

5. Dragononymous Member

No Lisa in the background.

But I like the steampunk look attempt.
  6. strobe Member

There were shenanigans with the fuzz and Lisa. They reckon we can only display living Lisa, because Sam Butler and co. a 'member of the public' complained. Maybe you'll be able to hear about it, if Prof ever gets round to writing the report.
  7. Anonymous Member

Mancanons are amazing.
  8. Profanity Member

Been ill and busy and I'm not free tonight or tomorrow. It'll probably be done by Monday.
  9. EightMachine Member

This is unacceptable.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Dragononymous Member

It's either that or I'll write it.
  11. strobe Member

Look what you've done Prof. We have pics and no report. Madness.

8194003961_a24df6cca8_b.jpg

Banner-holding duty
    8195105604_169d0709f9_b.jpg

We can officially say 'thousands' now.
    8194021793_7ee95c437e_b.jpg

Damn anthem and biscuits at the same time, what're the chances?
    8194027015_139ca851b2_b.jpg

Sly change of hands from Skull
    8194032547_bee7bf25a8_b.jpg

The flier dance?
    8195141038_589ef75de5_b.jpg

Skull and strobe: Gangnam.
    Prof: I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING.
    8195145420_835508011b_b.jpg

Prof learns about Scientology. Skull strips.
    8194054371_b292075c85_b.jpg

Can't think why they'd complain.
    8194067053_cb7cd46076_b.jpg

I'm really not sure that they are...
    8195163084_3931435f45_b.jpg

&quot;The thing is, I actually feel pretty strongly about this stuff&quot; *gestures with sign* - &quot;What, 'honk'?&quot;
    [IMG]

This surely has to be a Fuckeye meme in the making. Fuckeye disagrees.
    [IMG]

Bohemian Rhapsody, in case you were wondering.
    [IMG]

It begins.
    [IMG]

Herp.
    [IMG]

Derp.
    [IMG]

Oh yeah.
    [IMG]
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. strobe Member

Really making our presence known.
    8195194500_69ff950ba0_b.jpg

Every time I tried to take a photo.
    8195200070_9b4d71da02_b.jpg

EVERY DAMN TIME.
    8195206716_344dcf041e_b.jpg
    8195208254_e545bf0d1f_b.jpg
    8195209660_5db63c20e8_b.jpg
    8195210940_5385c6602a_b.jpg
    (^ this is what the cops made us do with the banner.)

This dance she knows.
    8194118671_71efc47f85_b.jpg

Yes, you are suffering from deja vu.
    8194125793_2dfb422307_b.jpg

Post-raid pic
    8195230294_755eb48457_b.jpg

Oppan Gangam wut.
    8194143805_852ff75381_b.jpg

Moar.
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. Profanity Member

Lol'd at Fuckeye in the background of the last one. XD

[IMG]

Fuck you! I told you I couldn't do it and you kept dragging me back! DX

Anyway, I was the first there this month. This has never happened in all the time I've been raiding, so WTF MANCHESTER?

With leaderfag Strobe eventually turning up and revealing he wasn't there last month because he had been clinging to a toilet all morning, we waited for a little while. It settled at me, Bawsy, Strobe, Skull, and Fuckeye marching off to the org with Waffle and White turning up later.

Many, many leaflets were handed out, provided by Strobe, and we actually stayed until 3pm this month, because apparently Strobe and I outnumber everyone else who says 'pub.'

Regular-clothed officers showed up and basically stated they had a complaint (they wouldn't say who, but we got the impression it was the Scilons) and that we needed to cooperate with them. They asked for our names (which we wouldn't give), demanded we cover up our Lisa McPherson banner and turn our music right down, and said that we were distressing the public with our signs. When we still wouldn't give our names, the female officer implied that she could and would take us down to the station to discuss our names there.

Strobe and Skull challenged her, asking on what charge, and she claimed our signs were distressing. We asked which ones and she admitted she hadn't looked at them yet, but if she did, she was certain she'd find something wrong with them. Skull pressed further and asked her what charge that fell under, and she said Section Five, to which we pointed out that couldn't be used against us because we were protesting. She got defensive and said she wasn't here to argue with us and that she was trying to cooperate with us.

In the end, we agreed to turn the music down and cover part of our Lisa banner, as seen in the pix, because dead body = unhappy bobbies. However, next month we will be bringing documents with us that outline that we can have our music at full blast, we can have the signs we currently have, and we can not be taken in just because our protest inconveniences Scientologists and Manchester Police.

And hey, Manchester Police, if you're reading this, I am pro-police to a fault. I piss people off with my pro-police-ness because I'm so goddamn supportive of the police. So this isn't just a typical 'oh, the police are doing this and that' rant that is fuelled by anti-police bias and propaganda. I support you and yet even I am saying your officers were threatening to illegally arrest us on the grounds of 'we're not getting our own way so let's try and scare you into doing what we want.'

Sort that shit out. Manchester is better than that.

After all that drama, it was time for the pub. We feasted and drank and tied Eight's arms to his own feet and chair with plastic tie things until he tried to escape them by falling straight onto his face. And then I stuffed straws and cutlery and napkins and sauce packets and glasses down the back of Eight's jacket and up his sleeves. He tells me that he took his coat off when he got home and found a straw.

Good times were had by all. Except Eight.

<3
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  14. A.O.T.F Member

LULZ :D Fucking Brilliant as in Always.

[IMG]

Intriguing .. what was the topic of conversation?
  15. jensting Member

Excellent! Nice work on continuing the demo and avoiding being hauled off to the police station. Police liasing is a well-proven technique to handle this kind of situation - just saying...
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Skull Member

section_5_bus_card_front.jpg
    fig-03.png
    734603da8f794f9da6bf1a4da9f0f187.jpg
    UK-Government-300x225.jpg

tumblr_m5w19emC6r1r3zat8.gif

large.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Anonymous Member

18. Ogsonofgroo Member

Great picket and awesome pics, Manchestanons Rock with the best! Sounds like the scilons definately in bawwww mode, shame about the coppers you would think by now they'd have culty tactics figured out *sigh*

Keep up the great work and Keep on Rockin' in the Free World!

Kudos!

I have to add though, that I understand the point of Lisa's morgue pic but it is still gruesome and certainly could be disturbing for very young kids and the faint of heart, oh, and scilonese too (as it shakes their denial systems I think). My own kid caught a glimpse of them a few years ago, hm, she'd have been about 9 at the time, wasn't a very happy for a few nights :(
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Profanity Member

That's perfectly understandable, Ogson. However, my gripe is that it is not an arrestable offense.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Ogsonofgroo Member

Oh yarr Prof, I grok it man!
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Anonymous Member

Or in short: Even though it's possibly the picture could cause alarm or distress, as it is neither threatening, abusive, or insulting, Section 5 doesn't apply.
  22. Anonymous Member

Awsome, next time I want to join you guys. Poor Scns, the truth is ugly awwww bahhh. RIP Lisa
  23. LouLou Member

MISS U GUISE.
  24. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 3
  25. Dragononymous Member

RAIDDD
  26. KiRiku Member

Yup, I call it the b'awwsy dance. It seemed to be working...
    Also I'll see you guys again in march, unless there is a miniraid late february
  27. moarxenu Member

Needs moar ginger.