Customize

November 13 - Nashville, TN - Protest planning

Discussion in 'USA - Central/Mountain' started by demosthenes, Nov 5, 2009.

1. demosthenes Member

November 13 - Nashville, TN - Protest planning

We're planning an evening protest this time around, starting at maybe 5:30 or 6. There'll be a lot of traffic, but it will also be dark, so we'll have to plan accordingly.

I've noticed some new people popping up in our threads - hi, guys! Just so you know, the org is at the intersection of 8th and Edgehill. Feel free to ask if you have any questions about parking and whatnot.

ETA: The raid will start at 6:30. Bring signs if you can - obviously it'll be dark out, so keep the wording short and sweet.
  2. Elbynonamous Member

Re: November 14 - Nashville, TN - Protest planning

Give em hell! <3
  3. DontPanic Member

Re: November 13 - Nashville, TN - Protest planning

I'll be there, and I'm bringing at least 5 people (aiming for 10).

We went tonight (3 of us) and protested for about 2 hrs. (Just a sign saying CULT and us pointing to the Church) We got quite a bit of attention/interaction, and probably 40-50 thumbs ups, cheers, and "Rock Ons". All in all, loads of fun. I can't wait for next Fri!
  4. demosthenes Member

Awesome. Do you have pictures of tonight's raid? You could post them in the Flash Raids section if so.
  5. DontPanic Member

Here's the only shot we got: 4079019781_1615a10e88_o.jpg

Interestingly enough, one car drove by and snapped a picture of us with the flash on without even bothering to stop. Who knows whether they were CoS or just happy passers-by.
  6. DontPanic Member

JESUS GOD IN HEAVEN THAT POSTED WAY TOO BIG.

EDIT: Disregard that, I suck cocks.
  7. Anonymous Member

wha time you get there, we must have missed you by a few minutes.
  8. DontPanic Member

Around 7-7:30. (We were late, because I have no sense of direction)

Also, I infiltrated the old CoS 2 years ago as a "journalist" and mistakenly went to that building first. Sorry that we missed you, because we had a lot of fun!
  9. MuffinKat Member

Well stick around kids, there's more to come!
  10. AceOfSpades Member

Hopefully I get out to one of these again....
  11. Anonymous Member

LOL, you are going to fit in just fine!

We have a few anons who are prompt and all that nonsense, then there is the rest of us.
    Welcome to the rest of us.

I was just getting home from work and figured everyone would be gone. Wish I had known! Next time post here or get a twitter for us to follow!

Wait, protesting on Friday night?
  12. DontPanic Member

I'll be sure to post next time. I figured that, while I've been a staunch anti-Scilon voice and have done some anti-CoS things on my own, since I was a new face on the boards, it would take a while to get some trust/recognition going. I didn't want to look like an assclown trying to lead anything.

My Twitter is @zachgannon. I'm not really concerned for anonymity because I tour around musically and have been in the limelight occasionally with it, and with my new concert tour, I have a specific section that vocally speaks out against them (so they'd find me eventually). If the CoS wants to harass me, I count it as a blessing. It means I'm doing something right.

I'm considering going again today, because the weather is freaking incredible. If anyone wants to come along (and maybe hit some JJs or Fido afterwords), DM me on Twitter or here. I'd love to do it, if anyone is interested.
  13. Belladonna Member

Just though you would be interested; I found this on web.

picture19h.png

(Apparently their Divinity School's Carpenter Program has a section on Unitarian, Scientology, and Wicca)
  14. Anonymous Member

why the FUCK is $cientology in the same group as Wicca?
  15. DontPanic Member

I was wondering the same thing. Unitarianism isn't anywhere close to Scn, either. From poking around their Div. School website, they don't seem to advertise that they have a class with a section exploring Scn. (I had to search for it to find it, and it doesn't look very deep) I don't think it's cause for alarm, at least not nearly as much as the CoS itself on 8th having open houses. Those, imho, are much more dangerous.
  16. juche Member

That is right in front of the exit for the Central Parking Garage on the Vanderbilt Medical Campus. It is simply one of their ten or so bus stop ads spread throughout Nashville. I get to see that thing regularly because, well, that's where I park. I hate it when I get stopped at that stop light. It replaced the one that used to be in front of the Regions bank a ways down on 21st.
  17. Anonymous Member

The damn things are all over the village and that area. Those bus stop signs stay around forever too.
  18. Anonymous Member

Too bad you aren't going to raid on the 14th.

From Craigslist:
  19. Anonymous Member

Holy shit they're luring kids in

Art Show, Workshops & Kid's Art Classes~Free Admission
  20. DontPanic Member

What do you all think of doing a double-day raid? Like, Friday night and then Sat. at 2 or 3 to get there in time to put off potential parents bringing their children. I think I may go both days, alone or not, because luring kids in is just plain evil, no matter how you slice it.
  21. juche Member

I know for sure that four of us aren't going to be able to make it on Saturday, but those staying in Nashville for the weekend might be able to show up for double raids.
  22. Tenebrous Member

Anytime I see something about a night protest I feel the need to pimp this out.

How to make a light box

P6141117.jpg

Also glow in the dark paint for masks or possibly on signs. I'd recommend bringing an led or other light source to &quot;recharge&quot; them though, depending on how long you'll be out there.

glow-in-the-dark-paint
  23. Skeptic1337 Member

Was that a picture of a large cake?

I hear nashville knows how to do cake right.
  24. Anonymous Member

And apparently fat jokes are the only thing some of y'all know how to do.

FFS, some of y'all are starting to act like newfags who've just find 4chan and start spewing memes just to try to look like they're part of the "in crowd".
  25. Anonymous Member

just found, rather

Cocks, I suck them. :(
  26. DontPanic Member

Well, I live basically 5 minutes away from the Nashville CoS, so for me it's not a problem. I'm probably going to go both days, even if I go it alone on Sat.

And I agree, can we just quit it with the fat jokes? At this rate, we'll be slinging banjo puns and NASCAR disses by the 3rd page.
  27. Anonymous Member

Ah, grasshopper, you've learned much from your lurking.
  28. Elbynonamous Member

Please be careful with raiding alone. Always keep a camera handy, especially one that has video abilities. Constant vigilance! <3
  29. Herro Member

Hey lil buddy. <3
  30. Tenebrous Member

The pic wasn't some kind of a fat joke, I just accidentally hotlinked the image when I copied it from another forum.
  31. Anonymous Member

Nice light-box signs. Awesome. Sure would like to see video of them in action. Heh, what did you use to make the center of the "O" stick? Vellum of some kind? I just might make one myself. Lighting might be tough though, I don't want to carry a big bulky thing. Leaving with them isn't exactly discrete as a nice foldable sign. Excellent idea though. I might try glow in the dark paint. Seems pretty cheap. Foolish to pass this up. Ahh. That's about it, good luck guys.
  32. moreanonymous Member

heh heh, niiice.
  33. DontPanic Member

Last Friday, our mini-raid at 7 was pretty much in the dark.

Our sign (CULT) was simple, short, and maximum-impact (hardly any reading time). When cars drove by, they illuminated the sign with their headlights, and it did the trick. I think as long as you face towards traffic and your sign is simple enough, you won't need an illumination source. It would be pretty bangin', though! Maybe I'll pick some up as well.
  34. twistedpuppet Member

Or you could get some luminescent paint and use that on the sign just like the road signs. :D Still no extra light source required. But if you are going to raid after dark, it is best to have a simple sign. People dislike being distracted at night driving.
  35. Skeptic1337 Member

Was my asking about delicious cake at an anon protest a fat joke?

Well I guess you could read it that way if you were a total newfag.
  36. demosthenes Member

An update: hivemind has agreed upon 6:30 as the start time for the raid. See you there!
  37. janeanon Member

First post.

Anyways, my boyfriend and I would be more than happy to come along.
  38. Puddin_Tame Member

you should definitely cry more

that always helps
  39. Anonymous Member

I may be in town this weekend, if so would be up for raiding both days. Anyone who is interested PM me.

For the record I love cake. The more cake the better! We stopped having cake at the raids because I was pretty much the only one who ate it, but if the newfags want to bring cake, I'm with that.
  40. Anonymous Member

Also welcome Janeanon!