Customize

November 14 - Battle Creek, MI - POST GAME

Discussion in 'USA - East Coast' started by karmicsynchronicity, Nov 14, 2009.

1. November 14 - Battle Creek, MI - POST GAME

(originally posted in Raid thread, oops, mea culpa)

Although there were only a handful of protesters, things went very well. Here is a link to the video:

When we arrived at the site, a woman came to the front windows and took photos. Then, they (obviously) called the police. And people went upstairs and closed all the blinds in the rooms upstairs, where I've heard they stand and watch the protests.

When the PD arrived (16 minutes after the lady took the pictures), he pulled up, got out and said, "Make sure we don't block the roadways. No matter how minor the crime, if you have a mask on, it adds to it." Which is exactly how the law reads.

He made a few more comments and finished with, "You guys have a good one." He walked across the street to the church, went in for a few minutes, then got into his car and drove way.

And that was it for police involvement.

Although I did get a few dirty looks from the head Scilon when he arrived on scene (after the PD had been and gone) and when he left, he didn't come across the street and tear up any signs, so there was no direct contact between them and the Anons present.

[IMG]

One of the Anons brought a copy of Dianetics with them that had the instruction manual for using the book as well as a sort of "cheat sheet" for the auditor in it, detailing the procedure to be followed.

[IMG]

He held the book in his arms for a while.

Then he removed the dustjacket and wrote "LIES" on the cover in big letters and held the book up.

[IMG]

Another Anon brought little flyers with $350,000 bills on the outside featuring Elron himself, and gave those out to a couple of people who were on their way in to spend time at the church.

Although it wasn't a big splashy protest, with a huge number of Anons, and there was no singing or dancing; due to the fact that the police contact in response to the call from the Scientologists did not result in people being forced to remove their masks or leave or face arrest, and nobody faced verbal aggression and no signs were torn in half or taken, I'd call it a successful event.

[IMG]

And since the Scientologists were unable to use the PD to end the protest as they usually do here, and none of them came across to bullbiat, I'd call that win because they were completely impotent and enturbulated by a handful of people who stood quietly across the street.

[IMG]

And one other piece of win from the day. I spoke to the man who got up at the Mortgage Burning Ceremony and promised them a tax-free voucher so they would pay no more taxes-forever, our now-former Mayor.

I've been furious over that since. I have issues in general with tax abatements, but don't get me started on frivolous ones.

He told me that they had called him and requested the promise he made in writing, and he told them that it had been intended as a joke.

And lulz were had.
  2. LE Member

Re: POST GAME: Battle Creek, MI 11-14-09

Nice one guise :)
  3. RightOn Member

Eeeeeexcellent!
  4. fisherman Member

Great job! Cult calling the cops certainly helps spread the word! Excellent!
  5. failboat Member

tony-the-tiger---frosties.jpg
  6. Ann O'Nymous Member

Nice.
  7. JohnnyRUClear Member

And you got that in writing...right?
  8. subgenius Member

Can any BCanons confirm that there is a $cientology billboard along the expressway out there?
  9. FUCK Member

Nice. :D
  10. RightOn Member

Scilons wasting more tax payers dollars.
    Calling the cops because 4 people were standing on a sidewalk in masks. Woah....

Looking sharp guise!
    Nice job!
  11. Re: POST GAME: Battle Creek, MI 11-14-09

No, but he's no longer the Mayor or a member of the City Commission, and there is no such thing as a "property tax-free forever bill" in our city.

I also keep a close eye on such things, so if anything were ever to go up before the city commission regarding further property tax abatements once their temporary "Renaissance Zone" abatement expires, I'll be having little chats with the members of that august body.
  12. Re: POST GAME: Battle Creek, MI 11-14-09

That's one of my concerns, but it can play well against them if they keep calling 911 and having it be for no reason.

Things will get even better should they ever actually remodel and move into the "ideal org". It's across the street from a nice little public park, and with a special events permit from the City Clerk's office, we could set up a sound system, and have a real party right across from them.
  13. Re: POST GAME: Battle Creek, MI 11-14-09

In Soviet Russia the pooch salutes you!
  14. _You_ Member

there is!!!!
  15. _You_ Member

P1000798.jpg
  16. subgenius Member

pix or...
    and