Customize

O.T.O., LRH and "The Golden Dawn"

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by 23ApplesofEris, Jul 4, 2011.

1. When David Miscavige announced the release of a "lost" work of Hubbard called "The Golden Dawn", it got me thinking... as there are several hermetic orders related to O.T.O. called "The Golden Dawn". Anyone know if this has anything to do with O.T.O., Aleister Crowley or Thelemic philosophy?
  2. Anonymous Member

Yes. Do you have Google?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Anonymous Member

4. Anonymous Member

5. J. Swift Member

This "Golden Dawn" business is as dull and boring as dishwater. This is from a 2009 post I did:

Scientology Dictator David Miscavige has proclaimed a Golden Dawn. Yet, this is just another empty pretty picture. It might as well be an engram, a mental image picture that contains great pain and unconsciousness:

GoldenDawn.jpg

The OT's on Sunset Boulevard tell quite another story. Indeed, these OT's are Truth Revealed, for they stand powerlessly in the Twilight Glare of Scientology, casting their long shadows that call to the approaching night. The once-vaunted Scientology OT's proved completely unable to stop, or even slow, the Anonymous Onslaught. The Twilight Glare, and not The Golden Dawn, is the Reality for Scientology:

GoldenDawnHollywood.jpg

/////
    • Like Like x 3
  6. CarterUSP Member

**general tinfoilery moonbattery alert with a hint of ickiness**

I came across some weird shizzle that got me thinking recently. Hubbard's "good friend" Crowley was heavily into sex magic, and particularly in some of the darker aspects of trying to invoke Babalon, rituals involving sex with a menstruating woman. Crowley called the resulting mix of semen and blood "Elixir Rubeus", which he abbreviated in his writings to "El Rub". I was just moonbatting noticing the possible similarity between "El Rub" and "L R Hubbard" and that got me thinking why Hubbard called himself L Ron Hubbard, rather than LR Hubbard, or Lafayette Hubbard etc.

Numerology is quite big in black magic so I wondered if that could have had some influence as to why he chose particular names and titles. I'm not conversant with the kind of kabbalism that influenced Crowley, but simple numerology would give the following:
    Lafayette Ronald Hubbard = 8 (nothing special)
    L Ron Hubbard = 7, LRH = 7 (very significant, often called perfect number, can be associated with intellect, discovery, philosophy and exploration - all the kinds of things he wanted to be known for)
    And his preferred title to his followers: Ron = 2 (often associated with being a wise advice giver and conciliator, and a tendency to thrive near the ocean)

Any thoughts?
  7. Tourniquet Member

Crowley was a coprophage. Maybe Hubbard sampled some shit also.
  8. Anonymous Member

Stop smoking crack?
  9. AnonLover Member

problem is tho, when you look at the numerology in hubbard's teachings & doctrine - its completely fking squirreled around 8's. so squirreled, there's no solid evidence of occult practices thru numerology.

just like the extreme loose similarities betwen the occasion crowley concept and something hubbard promoted as his own teachings - best you can say is it is again an extremely squirreled interpretation.
  10. Anonymous Member

squirreled squirreling of squirrelage?
    • Like Like x 1
  11. AnonLover Member

Exactly.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Anonymous Member

Sounds like a job for the Squirrel Busters™
  13. Anonymous Member

Call 1 - 800 - RO - DENTS
  14. Anonymous Member

Not really, just another Hubbard rip-off of occult imagery.

At the time he came up with his stuff, the original materials for things like OTO and Golden Dawn were rare and out of print. There probably were a few gullible new-agers who latched on to the Hubbard stuff thinking that it was in some way related to the originals.

Of course, OTO and GD borrowed from earlier sources themselves, however neither group has been quite as keen on clearing the planet, recruiting cheezy celebs, buying property or even brainwashing people and using them for slave labor. Hubbard added all that shit on his own.

Also LOL @ 'ZOMG SEX MAGIC!!11!!'
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Anonymous Member

Anon from above^^^

Israel Regardie (who probably has far more accurate views on Crowley than Hubbard, having actually met the man...) released the original Golden Dawn ceremonies in the late sixties or so. One of his stated reasons was that there were counterfeits circulating and a lack of understanding of the contents of the originals. That timeline would fit in very well with Hubbard's attempt to take over the brand.

PS If you think GD materials are full of salacious sex magic, you are definitely barking up the wrong tree.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Interesting. Also, I always found that "My good friend Crowley" quote from the Philadelpia Doctorate Course (Lecture 18, i think) funny, because in Bare Faced Messiah, it is clear they never met and they Crowley was getting crabby even with Jack Parsons. Crowley lived in France at a time when long distance phone calls were expensive and he was habitually using heroine and essentially on his deathbed. He died about a year after Hubbard and Jack parted ways. I don't think Crowley was interested in recruiting friends, especially ones who did not worship and give him money.

Seems fair that he should overtly steal the Golden Dawn, he stole a lot of material from a lot of people. Interestingly, he shows his connection to Crowley first in the 1950's (the PDC lectures were first held then), not long after Crowley died (1 December 1947), so possibly he was capitolizing on his notoriety and death or the fact that Crowley was no longer alive to deny they had ever even met.

Hubbard had a good sense of fashion (new agers often do) and perhaps when Israel Regardie published the works of Crowley, Hubbard leveraged the controversy.
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Anonymous Member

Chicken or egg?

You pose a good one there.

But whatever the timeline, Hubbard was obviously hitching his star to a name brand, one which most of his recruits might have heard of but had no practical experience of nor recourse to.

He even stole the GD's damn cross and took away the mystic rose. One of the original meanings of the rosy cross was this: The cross symbolized matter. ie: what people were born with and the burden of life on earth. The rose symbolized the blooming of the personality, essentially the creativity that is what you make of your life. Hubbard took the rose away. He is basically saying that you are born, you serve me, then pass to do it again, there is no creative process in life and you are forever doomed to the fate of the cross.

Fucker.
    • Like Like x 4
  18. ArnieLerma Member

Excerpt from "A LOOK INTO SCIENTOLOGY OR 1/10th of 1% OF SCIENTOLOGY" BY L. RON HUBBARD, JR. (C) 1972 by L RON HUBBARD JR

"Page 21 of 27 PHILADELPHIA

...again, he (Ron) gets up from the couch and retrieves several books from his suitcase. He drops them in front of me on the hotel room coffee table.
    I'm going to need more help Dad says. More help than I'm getting. I'm going to noutlive the whole damned world but I want you for backup. You got it Dad, you know that I already I say. I know I know Dad says impatiently; but you don't have much horsepower. Hey Dad, I'm doing OK. dad flies off the handle. You snot-nosed kid, you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground. He slams his hand down on the books on the coffee table. All you have is a fart in a hurricane kid; now read about the Real Power..
    The books and contents to be kept forever secret he says. To reveal them will cause me instant insanity; rip my mind apart; destroy me he warns. Secrets, techniques and powers he alone has conquered and harnessed. He alone has refined; improved on; applied engineering principals to. Science and Logic. THE keys. His keys to the doorway of The Magick. His magic; THE power. His power. The real powers of Solomon he says. Caligula and Alice, too. My past is my enemy he says. The enemy of all. I listen with hypnotic fascination. The Books; some recently republished, some over 1200 years old, some 5000 years old. Gifts he says. he is excited, fearful, cautious. he is tense. Unimparted secrets imparted for the first time. I open....

PHILADELPHIA - Page 22 of 27

the books intending to only thumb through. I am awed and amazed; I know these books! How could I? He answers: they were used to conceive you. And birth you too. I've read them to you while you were asleep. Drugged too. Hypnotized too. For years he says. Katy too. And Polly too. scores of women. Blood and pain women. My Scarlet Woman he says. Souls torn open he says. I've made The Magick really work he says. No more foolish rituals. I've stripped The Magick to basics. Access without liability he says. I'll teach you. Learn well my son for you will take my place. Be likened unto me. Fashioned by my hand. Entering the Golden Dawn with me and carrying it to the stars and beyond he says. Scarlet Women of your own he says. Plenty. For They are the secret of the Doorway. Use and consume. Feast. Drink the power through them. Waste and discard them. Sex by Will he says. Love by Will he says. No caring. No sharing. No feelings. None he says. sex and love reversed he says. Dind love through sex. Love isn't sex. Love is no good; puts you at effect-point he says. Sex is power he says. No, sex is the route to power he says. The route to the Doorway. The Doorway to power he says. FInd your Scarlet Women he says. Create your Causation he says. Make your own Scarlet Women he says. Scarlet? I ask. Yes; Scarlet. The blood o their bodies; the blood of their soul he says.
    Release the Will from bondage he says. Bend the body.

PHILADELPHIA - Page 23 of 27

Bend the mind. Bend their will he says. Beat back the past he says. Free your Will. Unfetter the Will from the past, from the future he says. The present is the only thing. No consequences. None answering. No guilt he says. Nothing is wrong in the present. The Will is free--Total free he says. No feelings. No effort. Pure thought. Thinking alone; separated. The Will postulating the will he says.

Will Sex Love Blood Door Power Will. logical he says.

The Doorway of plenty. The great Door of the Great Beast. Him. You. Me. Us. Our Will. Our Power. Our Reality. Ours Alone he says.

He repeats an incantation; invokes the Door opening to the realm of The Beast. The Great Beast. I vomit. I hurt. I feel the power flood through the Doorway. I shine. I am well. Father says again; never tell or much worse will happen. I nod. He commands me to rea. I have trouble; I keep trancing. Father has commanded; I read. "The Book Of The Law." "The sacred Magic Of Abra-Melin". "The Sex Magic Of The Ninth Degree Of The O.T.O." And later many more text books. Many more hours of learning. Of practice with Dad. Practice alone. And use. An academy of religious arts and sciences. The academy of power. Hubbard power. Personal power. Not scientology power. Great power. Beast power.

Dad was correct. Very right on. It worked exactly as he said. It still does and always will."
    PHILADELPHIA - Page 24 of 27

When I was four my father started mentioning a magician named Mayo. I thought he meant Magic Mayonnaise at the time. Starting in 1952 I found out he used the term Mayo to disguise the word Melin. Melin of Abra-Melin Magick. His pathological fear of the forces within The Magick plus his natural paranoia and compulsion for secrecy would not allow him to speak the real word in public. Melin-Mayo. A personal code.

In later years, when Dad heard me mention the two words linked together with other people present, he flew into one of his standard rages; a shut up or else rage.

People mistake L. Ron Hubbard and his Scientology. They see the apparency, and not the actuality. By design. Scientology does not work as stated; but as intended. As intended by its creator L Ron Hubbard. To keep the Doorway open. To remain in the realm of the Great Beast. To feed the hunger of the Will. His Will. When he emptied the purse of man and the heart of women; it seeks onward and outward. Appetite. Forever appetite.

Scientology is the snare. The passion flower. the Cloak of Lights. The glow of power. A power always wanting. Always needing. The Will never satisfied.

Keep the book under lock and key he says. I do for years. I burn them as a symbolic gesture many more years later. For I am my own excorcist. but, I can still open the Door. For the burning of the books was only an empty

PHILADELPHIA - Page 25 of 27

and hollow ritual as ineffective as tinkling bells at a Mass. Once the Door is accessed, it can never be truly locked again.

The basic and major tenet of the Magick is: "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law". Now, of course, I give you here the exact quote of the many my father was quoting. HE always put his own twist and turn to it to make LRH the Source. LRH the Creator. For my conception in October 1933 to December 1952; what LRH drummed into my head by his Magick Tech was: "Do what you will is the whole of the law". "Do only that which satisfies the will".
    We had, of course, used the Magick ona few women up to that point, but I didn't know it was Magick. I just had thought it was theatrics; adding spice to sex; dad doing his sexual thing and letting Junior tag along.
    Dad had spoken often throughout my life of Magick but I assumed it was only one of his many interests; not his abiding passion.
    Except as a part of the public relat5ions part of the Scientology game. I have never known Dad to attribute actual source to anyone but himself. These books opened a Pandora's Box for me.
    Dad was right; I was a two-bit teenage kid who thought he had the world by the tail, when in fact, I only had a tuft of hair.

PHILADELPHIA - Page 26 of 27

Well, I had come a long ways since that June of 1952 when I rolled into Dad's Tatum Blvd. home in Phoenix.
    I had barely got out of my '47 Buick when Dad started me popping rainbows and playng heavy games with women. It seemed like two minutes later I was teaching Scientology when I could barely pronounce the word; and five minutes later I was riding shotgun with Grant Poole on the Rainbow Express carrying in one pocket more money than I had ever seen.
    One of the first things Dad had said to me on my arrival in Phoenix was: There were 14 year olds who had been Roman generals. You're 4 years late kid. Alexander had conquered the world at 21. I'll give you the same to do the same. I was 18 years and one month old when he said that. I haven't been out of hyper-drive since.
    Every event in life can be a positive or a negative. Dad's revelation about Alestair Crowley rocked my boat for a few hours. He had spoon-fed me the Magick for years through subconscious conditioning and programming. Now it was in the open. I loved it. I had purpose. I had goals. I had a destiny to manifest. I had a world to win. Power.
    It was a few days before Christmas 1952 when the lecture series complete. Dad gave me a complete set of tapes to return to Phoenix with. I am to teach the material. I start the new year rolling the tapes. I am impowered. I am on the road to my own Cloak of Lights; proud, pleased and happy. A kid can go far in seven months.

-----------
    end of section.

During the Nuremburg War trials of Nazi leadership, evidence of the occult/cultic nature of the Third Reich was suppressed by the prosecution, to prevent the perpetrators escape by means of pleas of insanity - source Dusty Sklar, God's and Beasts more like this HERE
    • Like Like x 2
  19. ArnieLerma Member

Re Parsons... I happened to stop into the Air and Space Museum hanger out by Dullus Airport. In a corner of a new exhibit room I found a few of the old JATO (Jet Assisted Take Off) rocket engines, one of which was sliced in half... The big problem with solid fuel rockets was controlling the burn rates, so they provided the maximum thrust WHILE not blowing themselves apart (becoming bombs) - Jack Parsons solution included using bitumen as fuel and a perchlorate as oxidizer... AND using a unique shaped propellant charge... which instead of having a hollow round core as the hole in the center, this JATO rocket's hole, which extended from end to nose, was in the shape of a pentangle - a five pointed star...the sorcerers star.

Arnie Lerma
    Deprogrammer
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Anonymous Member

fulltext link where?
  21. Very interesting, Arnie. Do you happen to know if Fulminate Of Mercury was involved with any of the rocket fuel projects? I know that Parsons is alleged to have blown himself up with the substance, but I know little more about it, vis-a-vis ballistics and fuel.
  22. ArnieLerma Member

ive been typing in a bit of this from time to time...WYSIWYgot
  23. ArnieLerma Member

my understanding is FofM was used as ignitors, not for propulsion
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Anonymous Member

why not scan it?
  25. Anonymous Member

'Cos there's no spelling errors in it
  26. ArnieLerma Member

Quote from:

Exploring the Occult by Douglas Hunt (May 12, 1970)
    From Chapter 14
    Human Oddities
    Aleister Crowley-"The great Beast"
    page 183

"Wre must go back a little to the time when Crowley had discovered and deciphered
    The Book of Sacred Magic of Abra-Melin the Mage, which dates from 1458, and contains
    detailed instructions for invoking both good and evil forces, and has a strangely malign
    influence on all who read it."
  27. DeathHamster Member

Did anyone jump out the window after reading it? I think not!
  28. Anonymous Member

Could it have anything to do with a symbolic meaning of 'window'?
  29. If Magick really worked, Crowley would have ended up wealthy, powerful, and happy with his life. Instead he ended up a broke hasbeen. As for being happy, I can't say for sure. Some have said that his last words were one of regret.
  30. Anonymous Member

This is delicious evil. I must read MOAR.
    • Like Like x 1
  31. BLiP Member

6165341700_93c9c7ddc4.jpg

L Ron Hubbard shortly before he plundered his Pheonix mission.
    • Like Like x 4
  32. Demented LRH Member

To my great surprise I discovered that a handful of Scientologists believe that CoS is run by the Devil. I am not sure what they mean by that because I was an outsider to their circle, and they were not willing to share information with me. They said couple of things about the Devil & CoS, though. One thing that stands out is that the word "thetan" is a lisped "satan".
    • Like Like x 1
  33. Anonymous Member

Yes, that is profound.
  34. Anonymous Member

So, they are Christian Scientologists?
  35. Anonymous Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleister_Crowley

The Golden Dawn: 1898–1899

Main article: Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn

In 1898, Crowley was staying in Zermatt, Switzerland, where he met the chemist Julian L. Baker, and the two began talking about their common interest in alchemy. Upon their return to England, Baker introduced Crowley to George Cecil Jones, a member of the occult society known as the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn. Crowley was subsequently initiated into the Outer Order of the Golden Dawn on 18 November 1898 by the group's leader, Samuel Liddell MacGregor Mathers.

The ceremony itself took place at Mark Masons Hall in London, where Crowley accepted his motto and magical name of Frater Perdurabo, meaning "I shall endure to the end."[35] At around this time, he moved from the elegant accommodation at the Hotel Cecil to his own luxury flat at 67–69 Chancery Lane. There, Crowley would prepare two different rooms: one for the practice of White Magic and the other one for Black Magic.

He soon invited a Golden Dawn associate, Allan Bennett, to live with him, and Bennett became his personal tutor, teaching him more about ceremonial magic and the ritual usage of drugs.[36] However, in 1900, Bennett left for Ceylon (modern Sri Lanka) to study Buddhism,[37] while in 1899 Crowley acquired Boleskine House in Foyers on the shore of Loch Ness in Scotland. He subsequently developed a love of Scottish culture, describing himself as the "Laird of Boleskine" and took to wearing traditional highland dress, even during visits back to London.[38]

However, a schism had developed in the Golden Dawn, with MacGregor Mathers, the organisation's leader, being ousted by a group of members who were unhappy with his autocratic rule. Crowley had previously approached this group of rebels, asking to be initiated into the further orders of the Golden Dawn, but they had declined him. Unfazed, he went directly to Mathers, who still held the post of chief and who agreed to initiate him into the Second Order.[39]

Now loyal to Mathers, Crowley (with the help of his then mistress and fellow initiate Elaine Simpson) attempted to help crush the rebellion and unsuccessfully tried to seize a London temple space known as the Vault of Rosenkreutz from the rebels.[40] Crowley had also developed personal feuds with some of the Golden Dawn's members; he disliked the poet W.B. Yeats, who had been one of the rebels, because Yeats had not been particularly favourable towards one of his own poems, Jephthat.[41] He also disliked Arthur Edward Waite, who would rouse the anger of his fellows at the Golden Dawn with his pedantry.[42]

Crowley voiced the view that Waite was a pretentious bore through searing critiques of Waite's writings and editorials of other authors' writings. In his periodical The Equinox, Crowley titled one diatribe, "Wisdom While You Waite", and his mock-obituary on the passing of Waite bore the title "Dead Waite".[43]
    • Like Like x 1
  36. Budd Member

Simply more proof that LRH is certifiably insane.
    • Like Like x 1
  37. Demented LRH Member

A lot of other religions, including Buddhists, believe in existance of the Devil. Buddhists call the Devil "Mara". Perhaps, those Scientologists believed that Hubbard is the incarnation of Mara.
  38. CarterUSP Member

39. Anonymous Member

OK so why did L Ron Hubbard stick wire coathangers into womens vaginas?
  40. subgenius Member

Because they were there.