Customize

#Occupy Oakland, The Police & Scott Olsen

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by The Wrong Guy, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

You believe that ows is comparable in terms of organization and hierarchy to a corporation?
  2. Glenn Beck Member

In the natural order of things, yes. Call it a tribe, a vibe or lord of the flies, it is a group that is responsible for the action of the group.
  3. DeathHamster Member

You're welcome to think that, but it's a complete blur in that video with his facing unknown, and the vital moment when Scott is either rolling onto his side or off of his back is obscured.

Speaking from personal experience, you don't get a major skull fracture doing a face plant (not even with a run at it). A mild concussion, perhaps.
  4. Anonymous Member

Man, that ain't no answer.

See, I'm trying to actually understand how you're thinking about this, but now I'm thinking that you're not really thinking so much. You need to put some thought in your thought so you can think better.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Glenn Beck Member

Doing a 270° roll-over with a heavy backpack on, in that space, would be rather difficult, mechanically speaking. I've DL'd the video and looked at it quite carefully. I sure haven't seen much hullabaloo made about the incident the past 36 hours, I wonder why?

That will be your little secret then. I assure it happens everyday, even with younger adults who are more pliable.
  6. DeathHamster Member

You're off your meds? Show us a shot where it's absolutely clear in that video if he's falling backwards or forwards.

If it was a backwards fall, it would be a 90° roll off of the backpack. Where does 270° come from?
  7. Glenn Beck Member

Work it backwards.
    • He rest on his left side, head towards the camera.
    • You can catch a glimpse of him after initial impact (on left-center face), with center mass still moving downward. You can see the rolling motion, to his left begin, and his foot pops forward/left (left from camera vantage).
    • What you can see about the fall is that it's smooth, no moro/startle reflex. (Hands in pocket, vestibular concussion, brain stem trauma???)
    • ID targets by color, try viewing in: B/W, zoomed, sharpened, 0.25-0.5-1.5 speeds, looped.
    In this scenerio falling forward is all that makes sense, ...although, there could be magick involved..

Dollar to donuts Scott won't remember what happened.
  8. DeathHamster Member

Nope, don't see that. Try again.
    So he was already concussed/fractured before he hit the ground? Thank you for that.
    Evidently you have CSI Enhance Mode enabled.
  9. Glenn Beck Member

meh.

Missed that part about "hands in pockets"? (small type) -- It also would explain why no hands went up to block the fall.

I got the best result in Vegas10e. (fully functional 30 day free trial) -- knock yourself out.

Maybe we'll have to wait for the "I was shot in the face with a 40mm cannon" lolsuit
  10. interesting
    (sorry for stealing your line Ann)
    I think I'll remember you said that.
  11. anonymous612 Member

Fixed that for you
  12. Fixed that for me

Thanks for the important heads up A612.
  13. Anonymous Member

ITT: an anon whose thinking has become obsolete and she can't face it.
  14. 00anon00 Member

15. when will you admit you're wrong?
  16. Anonymous Member

Never. That's the Tea Party MO.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. LocalSP Member

I love seeing someone like you act just as stupid as his IRL counterpart.

Where is this video of the cops being attacked? Until you post it your argument is null and void.
  18. over9000OT Member

All of you that have taken a sudden interest in veterans... I would really think twice about supporting anything involving Iraq Veterans Against War (IVAW). Google Jesse Macbeth and read about his involvement with IVAW. I don't know a single other vet that doesn't think that IVAW is either crooked or retarded.
  19. naveman Member

Jesse Macbeth tells tall tells
  20. 00anon00 Member

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/11/04/us-usa-protests-oakland-idUSTRE7A06KH20111104
    Agitators blamed for Oakland unrest that injured 8

21. Glenn Beck Member

Funny shit. Your attempting to hijack the anarchist movement and claiming they're not part of the movement. It's like watching LRHPPRO at work.
  22. DeathHamster Member

How can you hijack an anarchist movement?
  23. Glenn Beck Member

By participating in a movement with no stated goal or purpose and disavowing to the press all negative aspects as not part of the movement.
  24. You are a corporate whore. No one cares what you think.
  25. DeathHamster Member

That makes no sense. Stand back here kid, grownups playing.
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Glenn Beck Member

Anonymous' best and brightest ^.
    OK, what are the stated goals, where are the demands? It's been 6 weeks folks.

Truth is that they still have the target wrong. There is nothing buy vague nonsense because the holes in the story-line can't withstand scrutiny.

With love, the Tea Party.
  27. ItchyScratchy Member

So wait you're asking a bunch of people on WWP what their goals are?

Not the sharpest knife in the drawer I see :)
    • Like Like x 2
  28. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 2
  29. Anonymous Member

Fuck anarchists, fuck armchair critics like Glenn Beck.

I've been to three Occupy events in three different nations this week - I have never been so proud of the human race as I am right now.
    • Like Like x 2
  30. Anonymous Member

Ask question, receive answer, have no counter, resort to calling people whores.

Yeah, you got mad debating skillz.
  31. anonymous612 Member

That would be the guy who faked being a vet, correct?
  32. over9000OT Member

Technically, he did attend, but did not graduate from, Army basic training. He later claimed that he had been a Ranger, served in combat and committed numerous atrocities. It was all lies... poor ones at that. That IVAW ever even considered using that clown is sad, to say the least. Anyway, he eventually spent some time in the stoney lonesome for his blatant lies.
  33. can't take a taste of your own medicine Glenn?
  34. good to know. Thanks.
  35. Lulzanne Member

• Like Like x 1
  36. The Wrong Guy Member

Former Oakland PD Chief Anthony Batts speaks out on Mayor Quan, "Occupy Oakland" protests | abc7news.com

"You can never conquer issues through force," Batts said. "It always has to be with diplomacy, and I think the first thing we have to do is to be diplomatic."

"I think, in reality, what you really have are people sitting down on the grass and you have people camping illegally in a park," Batts said. "We have to take a breath right now, and we have to show some patience right now."

Batts resigned on October 11 -- one day after the first protesters began camping at Frank Ogawa Plaza -- after the city council nixed three of his crime-fighting initiatives. Batts was also facing longstanding warnings by a federal judge that the courts could take control of the department if certain reforms were not adopted.

Batts said he was often in conflict with Mayor Jean Quan's priorities. The mayor has since come under fire for her handling of the Occupy demonstrations.

Batts formally handed in his badge on Friday.

More: http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=8420801
  37. anonymous612 Member

Generally speaking veteran is defined as having seen combat. Formally the Department of Veterans Affairs requires two years of service before they consider you a vet, for the specific purpose of denying benefits to people who join and immediately bail out but still want to brag about being a "veteran."
  38. ItchyScratchy Member

I think we can all agree the guy is a douchebag.
  39. Anonymous Member

If he'd had worked at it, he might have been awful as Hubbard.