Customize

#Occupy Oakland, The Police & Scott Olsen

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by The Wrong Guy, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

In the same way bankers were all in on the scam, and had their own dirty tricks to cheat pieces of the global economy and keep the profits to themselves?

Yes. Absolutely. You put it perfectly.

Call it a tribe, a vibe or lord of the flies, they stole the world economy and unbalanced a broken machine even further.

And now they have an enemy in the form of the people they stole from.

Pick a side, Glenn Beck.
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Anonymous Member

You must consider the future of internet trolling.

We must leave some failed bullshit liars and cults for our future kids to grow up and troll when they get older.
  3. The Wrong Guy Member

From Twitter:

FearDept US Dept. of Fear
    The man was behaving like a journalist, so we shot him: youtube.com/watch?v=I0pX9L… via @OWS_Live #occupyoakland #ows #rsf #cpj
    1 hour ago

Shot by police with rubber bullet at Occupy Oakland

While filming a police line at Occupy Oakland after midnight on Nov. 3 following the Nov. 2 general strike, an officer opens fire and shoots me with a rubber bullet. I was standing well back. There was no violence or confrontations of any kind underway. At 0:31 seconds you can see a tall officer in the front raise his weapon and then fire. This is the full clip of the incident.

4. breaking down Fox News' lies.
  5. LocalSP Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. anonymous612 Member

Yeah, OWS picks its allies real well.
  7. ItchyScratchy Member

Kinda like AGP eh? AnonOrange? Who are the critics you hate in florida chanology, was it minton or was it tracy brooks or something like that. Perhaps darr is more your speed.

Are we still trolling it or just being intellectually dishonest?
  8. Anonymous Member

Better than you ever will.
  9. The Wrong Guy Member

Anonymous - Huntr3ess - Message to Oakland

• Like Like x 3
  10. Anonymous Member

Yeah, the leaders decided that.
  11. Anonymous Member

Cop-lover
    :puke:
  12. Anonymous Member

Did someone say unwarranted self-importance?
  13. anonymous612 Member

We got rid of Darr, remember? And last I checked AGP and AnonOrange weren't from Florida Chanology. And you and I both know Minton is hardly in a position to be annoying to anyone atm.

It's one thing to find yourself associated with an asshole and to then fix the situation. It's another thing to associate with an asshole intentionally.
  14. ItchyScratchy Member

Who's associating with them?

See this is where the whole OWS [insert blanket statement] comes into direct contrast with your [AGP/Oranage are not from florida chanology]. You see it don't ya. I mean since you got rid of darr and all that (lol good doxing times).
  15. Glenn Beck Member

Yeah. It's seem we have some real #ows authorities lurking here, part of the 99%. It's an occupation running their own media 24/7 in hundreds of cities. I would expect they would have mentioned something after 7 weeks.

So far, anything I 'get', gets denied as not being representative of the movement.

The banks operated within the laws created for them to operate in. You really should learn the history of what actually transpired that created the mess. I'm not so worried about the world economy, we are a sovereign nation. If we go after the problem, the US federal government, we can bring America back, thus the world will have the opportunity to get back on its feet.

We have to restrain the federal government and get the government out of business; fix regulations, pass power back to the states, and remove the federal money that corrupts the markets. We'll be back in less than 10 years.

America_fuck_yeah.jpg

Sorry Cleo, you missed again.

So do we have any updates on Scott's unfortunate situation yet? It's been TWO weeks and not much has came out the incident. No new footage, no hint of what might have actually happened.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Anonymous Member

You really believe this planet needs America to be free?

129162302212021918.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  17. slobeck Member

ITT Herro rapes.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. anonymous612 Member

I wish.
  19. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  20. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  21. The Wrong Guy Member

Oakland police release video from Occupy protests

The Oakland Police Department on Tuesday released several clips of video footage obtained by officers during the October 25th Occupy Oakland protest that turned into a violent clash between police and activists.

A press release issued along with links to the video clips stated that the images contained were only a portion of what was captured and that many hours of footage were still being reviewed. The ongoing investigations into what happened that night currently prevent the department from releasing that additional video.

The footage contained in the release was taken at the corner of 8th and Washington prior to the deployment of CS gas or other less lethal types of force used by law enforcement that day. You can view the clips in the embedded players featured on this page.

Videos: http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/oakland-police-release-video-occupy-protests/nFYnS/

Observations from Oakland:

jankyhellface jankyhellface
    Conveniently, each of the #OPD videos start after they snatched and attacked random people from the crowd. #occupyoakland
    6 minutes ago

jankyhellface jankyhellface
    #OPD needs to release everything and not some edited footage that's out of context. #occupyoakland
    6 minutes ago
  22. The Wrong Guy Member

AnonNewsNet Anon News Network
    Demonstrator denied prescription antibiotics & threatened by Oakland PD: "Maybe I'll accidentally lose your paperwork." alternet.org/occupywallst/1…
    3 minutes ago

Police State in Oakland? One Reporter's Arrest Contradicts Official Story | Occupy Wall Street | AlterNet

Oakland has spent more than $1 million on Occupy policing, but nearly all of that overwhelming force has been used against innocent people.

http://www.alternet.org/occupywallst/152990/police_state_in_oakland_one_reporter's_arrest_contradicts_official_story
  23. The Wrong Guy Member

Report from Oakland Occupation

T.M. Scruggs: Significant development in the Occupy Movement as Oakland dock workers join Occupy protestors and close the port.
  24. The Wrong Guy Member

OccupySF #OccupySF
    Due to excessive force at #OccupyOakland, Berkeley City Council refuses police mutual aid agreements - n0.gd/ulf7WX #ows #OccupyCal
    33 minutes ago

Berkeley leaders refuse mutual aid agreements - San Jose Mercury News

Citing excessive force and free speech violations by police during protests in Oakland and at UC Berkeley, the Berkeley City Council this week refused a mutual aid agreement with university police and nixed agreements with other police agencies on regional domestic surveillance.

Council members used news reports of police using excessive force at the Occupy Oakland protests and at previous protests at UC Berkeley as reason for not renewing the agreements that usually are approved each year without fanfare.

<snip>

The two-way mutual aid agreements allow other police departments to call on Berkeley police for help during demonstrations, natural disasters and other big events and for Berkeley to do the same when it needs help.

More: http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_19299488
  25. The Wrong Guy Member

Duplicate post from the Updates thread:

AnonymousShrike Anonymous Messenger
    Recording of Oakland Police Chief Jordan proposing the use of "black bloc" tactics to deal with protestors: bit.ly/vybMaN
    17 seconds ago

Copwatch@Occupy Oakland: Beware of Police Infiltrators and Provocateurs

Produced by Jacob Crawford with assistance from Ali Winston and Josh Wolf.
  26. The Wrong Guy Member

27. Anonymous Member

28. xenubarb Member

walkanon_grandopening.jpg
    • Like Like x 4
  29. Since you obviously care so much and apparently couldn't look yourself so you came here instead. http://www.scottolsen.org/

"Exmarine might be fitting of Scott.

Semper fi."

-Glenn
    • Like Like x 1
  30. The Wrong Guy Member

Tonight there was a fight between two groups of men at the BART stop that ended in someone being shot near (but not at) Occupy Oakland. The man who was shot has since died. All the reports I've seen indicate that aside from it happening nearby, and some protesters trying to help the victim, this was not related to Occupy Oakland.

The media swarmed in, leading one observer to mention that there are shootings every day in Oakland, and the only reason it was even being covered on the news was because of its being near the protest.

EastBayExpress East Bay Express
    By the way: This makes the 101st homicide in Oakland this year thus far. #oo #occupyoakland
    1 hour ago

And now:

SovernNation Doug Sovern
    Oakland Mayor Quan shows up, says #OccupyOakland camp must go, says shooting near protest shows "it is time for camp to end."
    2 minutes ago

SovernNation Doug Sovern
    Mayor @JeanQuan says #OccupyOakland campers should leave tonight, voluntarily. City staff handing out vouchers for shelters.
    29 seconds ago

You can follow Twitter updates here: http://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/OccupyOakland
  31. The Wrong Guy Member

Here's one of the first news reports about the shooting:

Man shot to death near Occupy Oakland camp

The man, whom several Occupy campers said they did not recognize, was shot outside the 12th Street BART station on Frank Ogawa Plaza at 14th Street and Broadway about 5 p.m. He was taken to Highland Hospital in Oakland, where he was pronounced dead, said interim Police Chief Howard Jordan.

Jordan said two groups of people had gotten into an argument and that someone from one group fired at the other. No arrests have been made, and the dead man's name has not been released.

Nathan Stalnaker, 29, of Oakland said he had seen several young men surrounding the victim on the ground. They were kicking and punching the man, who was trying to shield his face from the blows, Stalnaker said.

A number of people from the camp came over and tried to break it up, but Stalnaker said one of the assailants then pulled out a gun.

Stalnaker said he didn't see the shooting but heard several shots.

After the shooting, a number of people from the camp stood in a line and locked their arms, trying to keep onlookers away so Oakland firefighters could tend to the victim, Stalnaker said.

Several longtime Occupy Oakland campers said they did not believe the shooting was related to the encampment.

"What happened is not a symptom of Occupy Oakland," said protester Fungai Gora, 28. "Crime is a symptom of the city."

32. The Wrong Guy Member

33. The Wrong Guy Member

34. xenubarb Member

Before the #Occupy movement, Oakland was known as the crackhead side of the bay, so none of this surprises me. The drug dealers and gangstahs didn't fold their tents when #OCCUPY raised theirs.

Just sayin is all...
  35. Anonymous Member

Now the police will protect the people, right?
    I'll believe it when I see it.
  36. xenubarb Member

Some time in the near future, their salaries and benefits will come up for review as cities try harder to make cuts that don't impact the phat life at the top. For some reason, city officials seem to think police service is a luxury item that can be slashed to the bone. Fire departments as well, so say 'first responders.'

When the patrol and lower ranks start seeing their financial lives threatened further, we'll see whose side they're on. I swear I can predict this as sure as I can state that many city officials don't know what the fuck they're doing and focus on benefitting themselves and friends rather than serving the community that elected them.
  37. The Wrong Guy Member

Quoted from http://www.opoa.org/uncategorized/an-open-letter-to-occupy-oakland-from-the-oakland-police-officers’-association/

An Open Letter to Occupy Oakland from the Oakland Police Officers’ Association

November 11, 2011

On behalf of the 645 Oakland police officers we represent, this letter comes to you out of duty to protect the Oakland community and its citizens.

Oakland police officers are the 99% and we understand and sympathize with your message. We respect your right to peaceful protest.

We are also sworn to protect the citizens of Oakland. Right now, Oakland is in a state of emergency.

Our police officers are the 99% struggling in Oakland neighborhoods every day to contain the 1% who rob, steal, rape and murder our law-abiding citizens. The Occupy Oakland protest, now 30 days old, is taking our police officers out of Oakland neighborhoods and away from protecting the citizens of Oakland.

In an average city in California, this might not be of emergency proportions for its citizens. Oakland is not an “average” city – we have the highest violent crime rate in California. We are the 5th most violent city in the United States – with more shootings and homicides than any city west of the Mississippi.

Last night’s murder, right in the epicenter of Occupy Oakland, is unacceptable. So is the violence being promoted by “renegade” protesters who are lighting firebombs, destroying property and attacking police.

What is even more tragic is that homicides are a frequent occurrence in Oakland. This is the real emergency: Yesterday’s murder was Oakland’s 101st homicide of 2011. It is time for us to stop directing all of our efforts at policing the small enclave of “Occupy Oakland” and get back to our job of protecting the citizens of Oakland in the neighborhoods where our residents live.

The events of recent weeks have shown that many occupiers at Frank Ogawa Plaza are citizens of other communities with limited interest in preserving the greater good and safety of our City.

Please, we ask you: Leave Frank Ogawa Plaza peacefully and immediately so Oakland Police can get back to work fighting the devastating crime that’s occurring in our neighborhoods.

You have sent the world a strong message; now it is time to go home. Your leaving today, peacefully, of your own free will, on the 30th day, will send a message to Oakland that you care about our citizens and respect our city.

With last night’s homicide, in broad daylight, in the middle of rush hour, Frank Ogawa Plaza is no longer safe. Please leave peacefully, with your heads held high, so we can get police officers back to work fighting crime in Oakland neighborhoods.

Thank you.
  38. The Wrong Guy Member

Policeman’s attempt to conceal his identity at protest backfires | The Observers

This video, which was viewed by hundreds of people online, has prompted the Oakland Police Department to launch an investigation. “When I saw [the video], I was appalled by what I saw,” Police Chief Howard Jordan told a local television station. He confirmed that an officer concealing his identity is contrary both to his department’s policy and to California law.

More: http://observers.france24.com/conte...ckfires-police-department-video-investigation
  39. Faux News ...... Fuck news all together on the Bozo O Smiley sec check
    • Like Like x 1
  40. The Wrong Guy Member

Oakland could lose mutual aid over 'Occupy' encampment | abc7news.com

"May we be strong enough to find peace in our city," Quan said on Thursday while releasing a dove into the air.

spare_me.jpg

"I don't have anything else to say," Quan said to reporters at Friday's event. "I don't have anything new to say."

More: http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=8429173#&cmp=twi-kgo-article-8429173