Customize

#OccupyWallStreet and Fox News

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Oct 9, 2011.

1. DeathHamster Member

Huh. Who's that worse for, the Republicans or Scientology?
  2. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 3
  3. idealisticguy Member

Fox vs NBC vs local news vs cnn.

They all have agendas, but fox is supposed to be a republican/ left wing something something.

The fact of the matter is that all corporate U.S./British (as far as I've seen) owned news stations report along the same guidelines with different attitudes. When was the last time anyone said it was a little weird the the "Privately Owned" Federal Reserve gets to make up money to buy 85,000,000,000.00 usd in bonds a MONTH. I saw one guy mention in an nbc table talk and he shutup and changed subjects real quick. Sure that helps the large sectors, but the large sectors aren't contributing to the 99%. They don't pay taxes. They lobby rules that clearly benefit them and not the rest of us.

How come the news doesn't report that "fluoridation" isn't medical grade fluoride in our water, but actually a byproduct of the aluminum industry called fluoride phosphate? It's a major ingredient in most major poison.

To put it simply the ruling "elite" whether they have weird agendas or not care so much about their money they are willing to lobby to not only dump toxic waste into our drinking supply, but actually SELL it to us. They can afford to buy up all the stock from our news stations and fire anyone who goes against their agendas.

Blah blah blah.

A. Become aware of the problem.

B. do something about it.

There's a lot of A and only a little B.

I thought the march on Monsanto was awesome btw. In Oregon here they found 1 experimental wheat field/product that was unapproved by other countries and one of our major wheat buyers Japan stopped buying. That is awesome. Not the fact that those farmers suffer an income loss now, but the fact that an industry trying to keep it's head up is saying NO to patenting nature.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I couldn't agree with you more. The flouride thing is a little too alex jones for me, but I get where you're coming from(poor people can't buy bottled water or buy lobbyists). So, I can't really disagree, I just think it shouldn't be up there too high on the priority list. But, yeah, good post, people should be fighting this stuff more.
  5. Anonymous Member

FIFY

Ever hear of "slander" or "defamation"? Contrary to what you think of the First Amendment, Slander, defamation, and pushing lies as fact is not protected under the First Amendment and can result in nasty lawsuits.

Most Media reporters fear defamation lawsuits more than they do losing ratings. Hence why they did that "change of subjects". Not because of some "corporate" moonbattery, but because they didn't want to face legal shit if what he said turned out to be not factual.

The reason they don't cover it is because it is pure. unadulterated moonbattery. Even Faux News knows that is moonbat.

The media, no matter how slanted or bias it is, has better things to do than report conspiracy moonbattery. That is left for trash journalists like Inside Celebrity's Colon Edition, En-turd-ainment Tonight, and The Insider (that pretty much writes itself).

Ok... So we go from "The Media is bias" to "Unfounded Moonbattery dealing with fluoride".

Stay on target. Either talk about the media or write a thread about Fluoride Moonbattery.

More like:

A) Become aware of the problem

B) Realize that the "problem" is nothing of consequence or irrelevant based on empirical data.

Basically: People are going to think and gather data then come to their own conclusions as to whether or not to "do something". People aren't generally paranoid and don't buy into this whole "ZOMG The media is covering shit up!!11!!" shit. They certainly aren't going to listen to a lone blogger spewing bullshit about some imaginary conspiracy theory with laughable dox or experts that's only expertise is fapping.

TL;DR: The media isn't going to report bullshit moonbat without creditable empirical data. People aren't going to believe bullshit moonbat without creditable empirical data. Only moonbats and paranoid tinfoil hat moonbats listen and believe bullshit moonbat without creditable empirical data.

Ok so now you went full retard. You never go full retard.

Lets do a diagram of your post so far:

Media -> Fluoride -> Monsanto.

Conclusion: Moonbatus Maximus.

The media did cover this whole "Frankenwheat" deal, you know? Maybe if you took the tinfoil off your eyes you'd have seen it.

BTW: I bet all the farmers, grain elevators. export services just LOVE losing money over what could amount to nothing. As long as Monsanto loses money, starving farmers about to be foreclosed on be damned, right? They are just collateral damage in the "battle" against Monsanto, correct?
  6. If you really believe it could amount to nothing how come so many other countries worldwide dont want to deal with Monsanto? You lose me there. Do you really expect me to trust some whining guy on a message board over JUST ABOUT EVERYONE ELSE IN THE WORLD?
  7. elwood Member

You mean like MSNBC?
  8. elwood Member

Sorry, thread necromancy. I misread the date on the previous post, plus today ain't the 26th. Duh.
  9. The Wrong Guy Member

Fox News “Expert” With Plan to Destroy ISIS in Single Week Indicted for Allegedly Being Huge Liar

Much liberal schadenfreude was had Thursday as Wayne Simmons, a frequent Fox News guest who identified himself as a CIA veteran and national security insider—and who really, really did not like President Barack Hussein Obungler—was arrested and charged with a heap of crimes for allegedly being an ex-con who is completely full of crap. From a Department of Justice press release:

"Simmons falsely claimed he worked as an “Outside Paramilitary Special Operations Officer” for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) from 1973 to 2000, and used that false claim in an attempt to obtain government security clearances and work as a defense contractor, including at one point successfully getting deployed overseas as an intelligence advisor to senior military personnel. According to the indictment, Simmons also falsely claimed on national security forms that his prior arrests and criminal convictions were directly related to his supposed intelligence work for the CIA, and that he had previously held a top secret security clearance. The indictment also alleges that Simmons defrauded an individual victim out of approximately $125,000 in connection with a bogus real estate investment."

A Nexis search of Fox News transcripts turns up a robust 76 appearances by Simmons on various Fox News programs dating back to 2003, the most recent of which was a March 17 spot on Your World With Neil Cavuto in which Simmons appeared to imply that Obama adviser Valerie Jarrett is running the country and said everyone in ISIS could easily be killed in a week if we just ran enough "sorties."

Continued here:
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat...rrorism_expert_had_bold_opinions_on_isis.html

More:
    https://whyweprotest.net/threads/study-finds-fox-news-viewers-are-stupid.66759/

Lots more:
    https://encrypted.google.com/search?q="Fox News" site:whyweprotest.net
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Disambiguation Global Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  11. The Wrong Guy Member

Former Fox Guest ‘Terrorism Analyst’ Sentenced to Prison For Faking CIA Cred | Mediaite

Quote:

Sixty-two year-old Wayne Simmons was once a frequent and strident guest “terrorism expert” for Fox News, until he was arrested and charged with fraud for faking his CIA and military credentials for personal gain. Well, Simmons’ transition from Fox News green room to federal prison cell is now complete, as a federal judge sentenced Simmons on Friday to 33 months in federal prison for his crimes:

Wayne Simmons, 62, of Annapolis, Maryland, was sentenced in U.S. District Court in Alexandria, Virginia, the U.S. Attorney’s Office said in a statement.

“Wayne Simmons is a fraud. Simmons has no military or intelligence background, or any skills relevant to the positions he attained through his fraud,” said Dana Boente, U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia.

U.S. District Judge T.S. Ellis III also sentenced Simmons to serve three years of supervised release, to forfeit two firearms and $176,000 in criminal proceeds, and to pay restitution.

Simmons had appeared on Fox News, a unit of 21st Century Fox and the top-ranked U.S. cable television news network, as an unpaid guest analyst on terrorism since 2002.

At the time of Simmons’ arrest, Fox News personality Neil Cavuto apologized for the failure to vet Simmons, while the network pointed out through a spokesperson that they had gotten Simmons’ fraudulent analysis for free.

Source, with open comments:
    http://www.mediaite.com/online/form...lyst-sentenced-to-prison-for-faking-cia-cred/
    • Like Like x 1