Customize

#OccupyWallStreet Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AnonCMD, Sep 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous Member

I have not seen any video of the protests. Who the cameras go to is irrelevant unless you go there yourself anyway.

This is the start of a very big thing. It's long overdue. Somebody got spat on, some idiot probably got arrested.

But if you ain't there, then you don't care, so don't be coming here accusing Anonymous of ignoring the irrelevant reports.

After all, whos ashes are you gonna piss on, exactly?
  2. Glenn Beck Member

What part of global revolution am I missing? ..or is it just an exercise in allegorical street theater?

I mean that... I see quite a few people here who are in love with the emotion of it all but cannot come up with a reasoned argument, its a dead end 100% of the time. Sometimes, I feel like I'm being peered at though glazed windows as I stand on the sidewalk with a sign that says "doubt is not a condition."

By "sick gambler" you mean the financial bubbles created by governmental manipulations, right?
  3. Its the unforgivable actions of one person who by the way may have been a plant. Doesn't mean the whole thing is fucked.
    Thank you.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

My pleasure Spike.
  5. AnonLover Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gary Busey Member

• Like Like x 3
  7. Anonymous Member

8. Anonymous Member

Who is this you guys you are talking to? Srsly, I am disappoint, you're usually a lot more thoughtful.
  9. Robocat Member

Wow, what a clusterfuck. I'm just glad the Anonymous image wasn't exploited for this shitheap of fail.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. adhocrat Member

We're doomed. This is stinking thinking at it's rancid.
  11. Anonymous Member

why?
  12. Gary Busey Member

ESHZq.jpg
  13. Anonymous Member

They're fucking with our brand, man.

Personally I prefer 'crunchy'.
  14. Anonymous Member

ZOMG CORPERATION GREED!!
  15. lulzgasm Member

No it isn't.
    • Like Like x 3
  16. RavenEyes Member

:D
  17. lulzgasm Member

He's the founder. As far as "founder" can be applied for something like the Tea Party.

The Cock Bros. were the co-opters.
  18. lulzgasm Member

So...one person doing something stupid automatically means that everyone in the movement is somehow magically guilty of what that one person did?

Are you a collectivist? Because you sure as hell sound like one.
  19. Anonymous Member

20. Anonymous Member

We don't need politicians. At all.
  21. adhocrat Member

Hey, that's my line
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Anonymous Member

Peanut butter isn't a banned substance? I'm shocked!
  23. adhocrat Member

24. ItchyScratchy Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-15319924

_56077721_013156932-1.jpg

Rome, Italy

Some people are probably more pissed then others. This should probably explain why you are seeing outsized police responses in some places. Since we all know shits fucked up I can understand why they are afraid.
    • Like Like x 1
  25. DeathHamster Member

Doing it wrong.

Police know what to do about rioters.
    • Like Like x 1
  26. ItchyScratchy Member

/shrug

It is what it is.
  27. Krautfag Member

Well, protesting style is different in Europe as well. Americans are bit more tame when it comes to confronting the authorities.
    • Like Like x 1
  28. ItchyScratchy Member

I think Italians know they are about to go through a process very similar to Greece as Italy tries to appease it's bond holders which more then happily financed irresponsible lending to the political class in Italy.

I have given up trying to figure out how best to generate change. It would probably require a "discussion" thread about non violent demonstrations vs revolution vs armed revolution vs riots. I wouldn't encourage any one to blow up shit but I can empathize when it does happen.
    • Like Like x 2
  29. over9000OT Member

I was specifically referencing those that glossed over hocking a loogie on a servicemember. That was incredibly vague, I admit. Better luck next time.
  30. DeathHamster Member

Civil disobedience usually doesn't mean tackling a cop. What was the story behind this one?

article-2049137-0E5FC35100000578-973_634x398.jpg

article-2049137-0E5F81D400000578-769_634x518.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  31. Gary Busey Member

You do realise that these cars were owned by citizens and not the people responsible for the anger right?

And that there is no excuse for destroying people's property because you are angry at your government, right?
  32. Gary Busey Member

• Like Like x 1
  33. James Spader Member

I thought tits were the Great Leveler.
  34. Glenn Beck Member

As long its broadcast for my entertainment, that's all that really matters.

So what becomes of #ows when the spotlight fades and they no longer feel like they're on top of the world? When they discover all the time & energy out forth for 'everyone betterment' becomes an emotional depression for them, when they become painfully self-aware that nobody understands their sacrifice?
  35. Anonymous Member

This is the burning question. How long can any group of people maintain that feeling? How does it happen? It's really actually quite amazing that any social 'movement' succeeds at inspiring any kind of change, ever.
  36. Anonymous Member

what happened to us when that happened?
  37. Glenn Beck Member

I'm not sure how valid that argument is because there seems to be a volume of instances where "one person is doing something stupid."
  38. Glenn Beck Member

AO AGP, anymore questions?
  39. lulzgasm Member

Among crowds of thousands and thousands all over the country who aren't.

Are you even capable of simple basic math, or are you actually that retarded?
    • Like Like x 1
  40. Glenn Beck Member

Are we even watching the same protest?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.