Customize

#OccupyWallStreet Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AnonCMD, Sep 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous Member

Georgia - They started it!
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Anonymous Member

Is it a first amendment violation?

I'm sorry, what?

What requirement and what about it?

unclear.jpg
  3. The Wrong Guy Member

4. The Wrong Guy Member

5. eddieVroom Member

6. Anonymous Member

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local...tion_against_corporations_on_wall_street.html
  7. James Spader Member

No cake, pie.

8. Glenn Beck Member

I heard they need more pizza pies at the occupation. Send more pies, feed the people.
  9. there were literally like 8-10 halal food trucks surrounding the plaza the other night
  10. Glenn Beck Member

That's very interesting. The kosher foods are being delivered to the buildings on Wall Street.

What does it all mean?
  11. its actually called gobbing.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Anonymous Member

lol
  13. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  14. yes. I cant seem to find one in los angeles.
  15. Anonymous Member

16. Anonymous Member

Lol occupy wall street. Dirty gross smelly hippies in EFG masks. I hope they all get arrested.
  17. Anonymous Member

You got close enough to smell?
  18. Anonymous Member

Unfortunately yes :C
  19. Guess Im a hippy then.
  20. Dragononymous Member

wasn't that obvious already?
  21. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 5
  22. veravendetter Member

Hush Plushy
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  23. Excellent regurgitation

We are fed this view of the "hippie" that makes the word itself into an insult.

We are fed this idea that the hippie just burned out on acid trips and free love
    and that they were too fucking lazy to ever really accomplish anything.

But what really happened?

They got SHOT IN THE FACE

MLK jr, jfk, robert kennedy, malcolm x, john lennon, kent state, etc
    And how much stuff was done that we don't know about, not to mention that a huge chunk of that particular generation was being flown off to the furnace halfway around the world

The soldiers drafted into vietnam were part of that generation, they had that same dynamism, and they were capable of the most radical action because they were the most disenfranchised

We are given the impression that the hippie is an ineffective loser, while, on the contrary, the hippie had the whole deck stacked against him from the start, yet he still effected change despite that.

That's why i hate the use of the word "hippie" in a deragotory sense.
    • Like Like x 3
  24. Glenn Beck Member

MLK jr, JFK, Robert Kennedy, Malcolm X were not hippies by any measure. MLK was a pacifist and republican. John Lennon was a hippy, but finally became enlightened before he got shot.

....not to spoil your fantasies, just sayin'.

get a hair cut hippy.
  25. Glenn Beck Member

DAY OF RAGE!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Anna_Asks Member

MLK hung out with communists (said he wasn't one himself but did find some Biblical justifications for it) and was not fond of Republican ideologies and the guy who said that John Lennon changed before he died has been convicted of stealing from the Lennons and other, closer friends have said he's full of shit.
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Glenn Beck Member

And this is somehow comforting to you?

People grow up, it happens.
  28. Stickman Member

Watching this op and the continued BART protests with interest, my sense is Anon is nimble on the web and a bit awkward irl, at least the vids I've seen. But most protests are, with weak chants, visuals and messages - great protests are almost a work of art, certainly a collaborative, creative effort is needed to pull them off well & ftw. And I think there's a lot of good will towards anyone willing to flick their teeth at Wall Street right now, so this could have legs and have a chance to get past the initial message fail. But who knows, the DC tarsands protests/arrests were barely news and that was with celebrities and NGO elites.

Code Pink is notorious for being big on confrontation and winging it on message, as well as wasting time on pc protocols in coalition situations. But Medea Benjamin also runs Global Exchange (with Kevin), which has been confronting the IMF, free trade deals, globalization and corporate welfare for as long as anyone in the US. A mixed bag there, imo. She was not the easiest person to deal with at the Seattle WTO, I think of her as the Nancy Pelosi of the far Left.
  29. 00anon00 Member

wtf?

wat
    If we are not found of Republicans, we are hippies?
  30. The Wrong Guy Member

Source: http://www.tweetdeck.com/twitter/LeidermanDevine/~eZjfR

Author: http://leidermandevine.com/ and http://twitter.com/#!/LeidermanDevine
  31. really that's all you have to say?
  32. Anonymous Member

Did not know. That is gross.
  33. anonymous612 Member

I liked you better when you were on Whatis-Theplan.

Your unnecessarily baww post doesn't address the fact that the protesters literally ARE dirty smelly old hippies.
    • Like Like x 1
  34. slobeck Member

w/e otis can eat my shit. He's not a local.
  35. slobeck Member

THIS. If ever there was an argument for a constitutional amendment, it is this.
    • Like Like x 4
  36. adhocrat Member

Well, since Otis has been dead for over forty years, I think its a moot point.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.