Customize

#OccupyWallStreet Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AnonCMD, Sep 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PresidentShaw Member

Oh look, it's this stupid thread again.
  2. Anonymous Member

you could stop bumping it
  3. Yeah, stop bumping it
  4. Anonymous Member

you are consistently so helpful
    • Like Like x 2
  5. You all been happy for the past decade while things have been good and buying your big screen tv's n shit but whoa! Now things are tough lets go after someone.

The OWS was doomed from the start, 99% means jack and no one sympathised with the movement. Something like occupy has to gain momentum rapidly to succeed or it slowly dies, this sort of thing is not a slow burner and to persist with it only builds resentment towards it. Fact is, and most of the 99% know it, the system we live in has it's flaws but on the whole it works, don't need tearing down or a fantasy revolution, just some tweaking to control some of those who compounded the recent problems. We all need to do our part though and not just blame someone else, modern society needs to be less greedy, stop craving the latest thing and spending money we don't have to get it.

If you got the rich to pay their taxes and shit it won't solve the problems. It goes deeper than that.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Your welcome.
  7. Anonymous Member

You're
  8. That's actually quite funny

9. Wow, the cops sure are good at helping people. Definately, not just the establishment's goon squad.
  10. Wow, tar and brush!
  11. demarquis Member

• Like Like x 4
  12. Anonymous@AnonyOps
    Is it still resisting arrest when you were peacefully protesting and the cop is beating the shit out of you with a nightstick?
    Joey Boots@JoeyBoots
    Caught on video: this NYPD captain telling a scooter cop he needs 2 get sharp knives protruding out sides of scooter
    https://twitter.com/#!/OccupySteve/status/183680006059339776/photo/1
    Liza Sabater@blogdiva
    NYPD SEXUAL ASSAULT OF MINOR RT @OccupySteve: #NYPD just tore a high school aged girls clothes off and paraded her around the streets. #OWS

Occupy Steve@OccupySteve
    Yes, the tweet about the high school aged girl is true. No I will not post photos... Respect others... #OWS

Occupy Steve@OccupySteve
    If I had any respect for the #NYPD, rest assured that it has been lost today. #FTP #OWS #OccupyWallStreet

Fire Ray Kelly@FireRayKelly
    @DiabloAnon let's work together to fire #nypd commissioner Raymond Kelly #fireray
    Retweeted by Anonymous

the NYPD should be ashamed.
  13. lulzgasm Member

• Like Like x 1
  14. Anonymous Member

http://motherjones.com/politics/2012/03/lisa-fithian-occupy-wall-street-teaching-civil-disobedience
    http://motherjones.com/politics/2011/12/ows-alternative-banking
  15. Anonymous Member

i <3<3<3 Occupy. It guarantees Obama will be defeated. Moar rapes, moar feces dumping, etc. plOx. kthx.
  16. you're making too much sense.
  17. Kilia Member

Don't count your little chickies before they hatch, mkay?
  18. Anonymous Member

Really? I... you know what nevermind. The stupid is already burning. Good luck with whatever sense you are trying to make.
  19. Anonymous Member

Is that you Andrew?

20. Anonymous Member

Somebody watches a lot of TV
  21. Anonymous Member

I think I can guess the channel too.
    • Like Like x 1
  22. lulzgasm Member

Starts with an F?
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Anonymous Member

Hm...

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  24. DeathHamster Member

http://www.cbc.ca/ideas/episodes/2012/01/16/left-behind/
    Podcast links on the page. Well worth listening to, even if you don't agree.
    • Like Like x 1
  25. adhocrat Member

lol at Paul Krugman being on their recommended list. If you ever want the truth, listen to Krugman then do the exact opposite of what he says. He is remarkable consistent at being a mouthpiece for power
  26. nitrejack Member

if the founding fathers thought that way, we would still be a British colony. :cool:
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  27. Anonymous Member

Andrew passed away. : (
  28. Anonymous Member

He died a couple of weeks after this.
  29. Anonymous Member

i knew andrew when i was in my early 20's, and when he was first starting out with drudge.
  30. Anonymous Member

Me too, the gay sex we used to share was awesome.
  31. Anonymous Member

And nothing of value was lost.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  32. The Wrong Guy Member

Occupy DNC

Published on Sep 6, 2012 by TheYoungTurks

"On Tuesday, a group of more than 100 protesters shouting "Obama is a traitor" temporarily shut down official bus service that ferries around delegates at the Democratic National Convention. The protesters, some of whom were lying down in the street, were surrounded by Charlotte police, who used their bicycles to build a barrier around the group..."

Read more here from Liz Goodwin in Yahoo:
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/occupy-protesters-block-dnc-buses-184907071--politics.html

Also, www.twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/OccupyWallStreet
    • Like Like x 1
  33. Anonymous Member

Wow, a whole 100 eh!
  34. anonymous612 Member

There are very few things I dislike more than people who don't know what the fuck the word "treason" means.
  35. 2. treachery: betrayal or disloyalty
  36. anonymous612 Member

The dictionary is not a legal document, asswipe.

US Code: "Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason"

Constitution: "Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort."

Every time some dumbass accuses a government official of a crime they didn't commit just because said government official disagrees with them, they detract from the strength the accusation has when made correctly. So...no, Obama's not a traitor, unless Occupy DNC has some sort of evidence of him selling out federal secrets to al-Qaeda I'm not aware of...?

Yeah, didn't think so.

EDIT: Also, if the Occupy DNC guys are the same ones as the Occupy RNC guys, fuck them. Next time clean up your own vandalism instead of making Tampa pay for it. Especially when the city of Tampa fucking agreed with you. Way to gain support, Occupy. Way to go.
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  37. adhocrat Member

Obama tells us he can commit murder legally. I don't care who says what about him. He is a criminal who has betrayed his oath of office. Murdering innocents abroad is about as traitorous as it gets, killing people IN OUR NAME and leaving us to deal with the fallout.

POTUS should be impeached for High Crimes against the people of the US and the world.
    We should go back and do the same with W, too, BTW, Just to let you know I am bipartisan about this. And most of Congress too, pour encourager tous autres.'

Hi Six
    (puts earplugs in)
  38. anonymous612 Member

Thanks for showing up, Adhocrat, this thread wasn't full of nearly enough bullshit already.
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.