Customize

#OccupyWallStreet Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AnonCMD, Sep 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

I have not heard yet but did the WBC faggots appear for the DNC?

Also: Bill Clinton's speech was awesome.

So killing terrorist or people twisted by a religion that would kill you on site is "murder"? Shall I remind you that your very system does the exact same thing? (Using force against an aggressive group)

I am disappoint in your words, son.
  2. anonymous612 Member

They planned to. If they actually did, no one noticed. I don't see any news reports about it.
  3. ItchyScratchy Member

Sure is Earl Grey all up in here.
  4. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

IF that is the case, then the news media did good by ignoring them. I just wondered if they did because of the hullabaloo from the RNC convention.

I don't know about you, but I'd love to see the WBC die in a fire slowly.

As for the DNC: Bill Clinton really did a number on the Repubs when he said that nobody, not him or his predecessors or successors, could have repaired the economy in 4 years considering the condition it was in.
  5. anonymous612 Member

They back out of protests a LOT, Parox. I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn they gave up on this one.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. adhocrat Member

?
    Don't understand your point here.
    I don't want a president who violates the law. If others also violate the law, then I don't like them either. They should ALL be brought to justice.
  7. anonymous612 Member

What law has the president violated?

US Code numbers and proper citation, please.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. ItchyScratchy Member

Please stop discussing illegal activities on WWP.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

I can't disagree with you. However, I must ask what 612 asked:

What laws have Obama broke? The war? I can kinda understand Bush/Cheney, but...

My point is that you said:

...and I think we all would like to know when, with some dox, exactly he said that.

If you are referring to the Afghan war, the I think you missed the point of at least the Afghan war. Iraq war? Ehh... I kinda got mixed feelings about that one. Killing Bin Laden? He started shit and got what he deserved. Also that was a "Capture or Kill" mission. They were wanting to get him alive, but it didn't work out.
  10. anonymous612 Member

I'd be the first person to agree with you about that normally, but even I don't think this discussion is unacceptable. The illegal activity policy on WWP has always been PROMOTING illegal activity, not discussing its existence.

And my entire point is pretty much that there isn't any illegal activity here, anyway.
  11. cafanon Member

Hypothetically speaking, say a high level US official who swore an oath to protect the Consitution....like a president, say, signs a bill into law that includes provisions that compromise what they swore to defend and declares US soil to be a warzone....would it be so unreasonable to claim such an act constitutes "levying War" against the American people?

Perhaps a stretch, but not one big enough for me to complain about.
  12. adhocrat Member

He signed NDAA. What else do you need to know about him? He ignores the most basic protection afforded us under the constitution.

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/09/yemen-drone-war/
    Here's the thing. If you don't have the right to do something, the government doesn't have the right. That is basic, we give up our rights to have collective safety. We cannot give up rights we don't possess, such as the right to kill another person.

So, if the Base Gang comes along and blows up my house and kills the people int here, I do not have the right to go the the east side of town, where the Base gang lives, and start shooting up the place in hopes of getting the bad guys.
    We would recognize the horror of that if we talk about civilians. I am simply pointing out the horror of it when a government does it. They are not acting in a way consistent with the laws and rights. They cannot punish Joe for Bill's crime, but that is what our foreign policy does.

To say that we are fighting a just war is to ignore history and the root causes of this war.
    Here's another thing to look over.
    What if, as has been my contention, that US foreign policy is driving the terrorism.

http://thinkbynumbers.org/terrorism/suicide-terrorism-statistics/

You say people are violent but don't ask why. Perhaps in part, the terrorism is because the US foreign policy is making it hard to live their lives free of interference by some arbitrary outside agency.
  13. anonymous612 Member

Factually untrue. For instance, citizens cannot declare war. The government can. Citizens cannot issue money. The government can.

Also, lern2impartialsource.
    I did not ask for hypotheticals. I asked for what law the president had broken.
  14. cafanon Member

Well...since you didn't catch on to the sarcasm... the "hypothetical" president was Obama, and the bill that declared US Soil a warzone was the NDAA 2012 that he signed December 31st of last year.

I was saying, these protestors calling him a traitor, while a stretch, is not complete bullshit as one could argue that passing legislation that declares US soil a warzone and violates key amendments to the constitution could satisfy the "levying war" aspect of the definition of treason.

Please read my post next time.
  15. Anonymous Member

And how much of that law (or any law for that matter) did the president actually write? How many people bothered to actually vote Yea in favor of the bill?

http://www.waitingforthestorm.com/i...st-of-senators-who-voted-yes-on-the-ndaa-bill

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/268602/20111216/ndaa-did-congress-member-vote.htm

If you look at those numbers. There is closely enough to overturn a veto even if the president had said no.

Blaming the president for the law being passes is rather silly in general.

The bigger problem in my opinion is that the fucking law is 536 pages. Aside from your so called order to declare US soil a warzone, there are so many other things included in the bill, that to veto part of it would require explaining which parts of the 500 page monstrosity you didn't like.

And the point of all this is even if you wanted to streamline and reduce obfuscation of bills, that would all be things that the Senate and HR would have to work on. The president has no say in any of that.
  16. Anonymous Member

Better throw all the Congress-critters into prison too. They wrote that bill, and then loaded it with so much other must-pass stuff that the president couldn't veto it.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Anonymous Member

Another Anon who actually knows his stuff!
  18. cafanon Member

For the record, if you could classify the president a traitor for signing the bill, then out of philosophical consistency, the legislators who created it would be equally guilty of treason. Which is why this election, I am not voting for anyone who signed, or voted "yea" on this bill.

That said, the president could very well have veto'd it. It would have made a big fucking headache for congress, as it should. Causing this kind of headache in most cases is silly, but when the legislation includes provisions that allow for indefinite detention without trial and suspending due process is the exact time when a president should be giving congress that kind of headache. Thats why the president has the damn veto powers in the first place.

Of course sole blame does not rest on Obama, but to say he was powerless to stop the bill is apologetic bullshit.
  19. Anonymous Member

But to hypothetically claim that he should be a traitor for signing this bill, without mentioning the rest of congress would also be bullshit.....

Oh wait you already did that.

So in your little world, every senator and representative who voted yea on this bill is a traitor, and should suffer accordingly.....

I'm glad you and I are all just single people. So at most you have the voting power to prevent 4 "traitors" from returning to office. The rest of us, carry on.
  20. anonymous612 Member

So, what law did he break? Since by your own words, his supposed illegal action is now actually legal.

Yeah, it sucks to try to claim that government breaks the law that government writes, doesn't it?

Sovereign immunity. Gotta love it.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. cafanon Member

What would actually be bullshit would be if I hypothetically claimed Obama was a traitor while believing/claiming Congress wasn't to equally to blame. In fact, that would be damn right hypocritical. However, I was responding to the OWS protest against Obama so I didn't feel the need to mention congress in that particular post. However, I have mentioned them a multitude of occasions on a multitude of different threads since last November. Nitpick more please.

When did I say that? I said that OWS protest calling Obama a traitor wasn't bullshit because one could argue that legislation declaring US soil a warzone and American citizens as enemy combatants could be considered "levying war" against citizens under the definition of treason. But defending OWS is totally the same as me stating my own opinion about Obama's treason status right???

I will repeat what I said in my first post (since apparently you guys didn't read it): Calling him a traitor is a stretch, but its not a stretch big enough for me to complain about. Now, if you want to call him a traitor for passing Obamacare....you'll hear me complain.

I'm not not-voting for Obama and my congressmen because I believe they are traitors. I am not voting for them because they voted for a bill that so grossly violates our civil liberties that I believe it is inexcusable. I would like to see American citizens stand up for their rights defended by the Constitution and remove those from office who would violate those rights. I would like the NDAA 2012 to be seen as the political scandal that it is and the congressmen and the president, humiliated for engaging in it the same way Richard Nixon was for Watergate. I would like to see these Senators, Congressmen, and yes, president Obama, never hold political office for the rest of their lives. I would like their humiliation to serve as an example to future politicians that the American people do value their civil liberties and grossly violating them the way the NDAA did is political suicide.

I assume by "should suffer accordingly" you meant the death penalty. If so I hope you've had fun beating up a straw man. If however, you meant the above paragraph, yes, I totally fucking agree.

As for what crimes have the Obama administration commit-ed in terms of the NDAA? Well, since the NDAA is a law...it can't really be illegal... the only crime is contempt of court, as they are refusing to comply with a Federal judge's injuction against the civil detention provisions.
  22. anonymous612 Member

So then you agree Obama hasn't committed treason. Contempt of court is not a treason charge.
  23. cafanon Member

Once again: To claim Obama has committed treason is a stretch on the part of OWS, but its not one I'm going to complain about.

In case you still don't understand: NO passing unconstitutional legislation is not a crime, it is just political FAIL.
  24. anonymous612 Member

That's kind of my point.
  25. cafanon Member

And I agree though, I understand Occupy calling him a "traitor".... at least more than I understand the cries of "treason!" for healthcare...abortion....or things completely unrelated to anything to do with the concepts of war or enemy combatants.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. anonymous612 Member

I can understand why they feel betrayed. But there's a big difference between someone betraying you and someone committing an act of treason against the nation, and you (or rather, Occupy, not you specifically) can't just go around randomly accusing people of serious crimes -- of the MOST serious crimes -- just because they don't agree with you. That's Scientologist logic right there.
  27. cafanon Member

Well, my point was it isn't so random in this case as it usually is. In their opinion, the NDAA "declares war" on the American people and they equate that with treason. It isn't far from it, as it is "levying war" in a manner of speaking...but against the people. Though, there are a couple major distinctions...
    1) treason is committed against the government, not against the people
    2) A law can be unconstitutional, but not illegal.

In other words, the United States government can't be a traitor to the United States Government. The American government can betray the American people. But that's not treason....that's just politics and, as Plato saw it, the inevitable fate of democratic government.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  28. anonymous612 Member

Yes, exactly. I'm not saying they weren't betrayed, I'm just saying they shouldn't use words they don't understand because it makes me sigh and doubt my dedication to humanity.

Less "Stfu, Obama loves you," more "Someone was WRONG on the internet!"
    • Agree Agree x 1
  29. nitrejack Member

"Rothschild' why does this name come up everywhere? anyone that can tell me more real info, please write. no half-baked conspiracy theories. i'm searching for facts not fiction, ty for your help.
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  30. anonymous612 Member

That name comes up everywhere because YOU KEEP SPAMMING THAT FUCKING POST. Knock it the fuck off.
  31. exOT8Michael Member

nitrejack just watch relevant videos on youtube by JORDAN MAXWELL and you will know all you need to know. :)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  32. Okay, you want to know the secret about the Rothschilds? The secret is that they're a banking dynasty who, unlike many other similarly old moneyed families, haven't gone full retard over the years. Members of that family do a wide variety of things, as one might expect after 5 centuries of marriages, births, and deaths. They're not any more or less interesting than any other wealthy dynasty. The only thing that is interesting about them is how crackpots like yourself flock to them like flies to shit.
  33. cTp Member

I thought OWS was dead? I also though WWP was better than to let a thread like this exist.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  34. Sonichu Moderator

No there are all kinds of shit threads that people post. We let them live. As long as there is semi reasonable debate.

If it's just poo slinging entirely, it still exists, just in the dome.

AFAIK OWS is mostly dead though.
  35. anonymous612 Member

Like the fact that a subject is dead has EVER, EVER stopped WWP from having a seventy-six page debate about it. Ever. In all of history.

Also, CTP, you're one to talk. I went and checked the forum that last I heard you actually MOD for, and within thirty seconds was drowning in Occupy threads.

Lol, planfags.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  36. Anonymous Member

Expropriated, another word for stolen.

This is just plain stupid to think these tools and materials are being stolen from "bankers" and the "wealthy". These tools etc are the means to putting meals on tables and paying bills for construction workers, carpenters, plasterers, bricklayers, electricians etc.

This is just another case of wanna be robin hoods not having a brain cell and hitting the workers not the bankers!

Wise up fucktards!
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  37. anonymous612 Member

Particulate masks? Work gloves? Who the fuck steals safety equipment?
  38. Anonymous Member

People who can't see the wood for the trees, that's who.
  39. mikadomann Member

Really like that one.. [IMG] I'll join this one and post mine soon [IMG]
  40. anonymous612 Member

Perhaps they wouldn't have been treated as a criminal threat if they hadn't been engaging in criminal activities.
  41. Anonymous Member

So the occupy movement failed because of the FBI, not because it was a badly thought out idea, unsupported by the general public, badly executed and then hijacked by others with their own agendas. Interesting theory.
    • Like Like x 1
  42. Anonymous Member

you mean like the cops pepper spraying everyone and everything in their way? Was that legal?
  43. anonymous612 Member

Was blocking the Brooklyn Bridge in the middle of traffic, preventing the free movement of citizens, throwing bottles at police, loitering on private property, vandalism, or protesting without a permit in a city that requires a permit?

Not to mention all things I could list that may not have been illegal but demonstrate a clear lack of respect for American law. The fucktard ambulance chaser who pretended to be run over by a motorcycle even when you can clearly see him faking it on video comes to mind.

Just because one side behaved in a debatable manner doesn't give the other side free rein. Scientology may assault anons but that doesn't mean anons can beat up some scifag. When you turn around and act like a fucking retard at your pathetic excuse for a protest and do something stupid like scribbing on *MY* goddamn banks and parks with fucking crayon and stickers, like the RNC Occupyfags did, all you do is prove people like me right when we say you're worthless and your cause does not deserve our help.
  44. anonyme404 Member

45. Anonymous Member

Single most pathetic cookie monster costume ever.
  46. Anonymous Member

^^ kinda sums up occupy ^^
  47. The Wrong Guy Member

OWS protesters pepper sprayed by cops settle lawsuits | NY Daily News

Two Occupy Wall Street protesters who were pepper sprayed by a high-ranking cop have settled their lawsuits for $60,000 each, the Daily News has learned.

Chelsea Elliott and Jeanne Mansfield, whose payout is the most awarded to any individual Occupy Wall Street protesters, sued the city and Deputy Inspector Anthony Bologna in Manhattan Federal Court for blinding them with the spray during a protest on Sept. 24, 2011 near Union Square.

“I’m gracious and thankful that we were able to hold them accountable. Freedom of speech is important,” Elliott told The News.

Elliott, 28 of San Francisco and Mansfield of Boston learned about the settlement after the city quietly filed last week.

“It’s crazy watching [the video] now, seeing it all happen again, it was surreal and strange,” said Elliott.

Their lawyer, Aymen Aboushi, said, “If [the spraying] wasn’t captured on video, the police would have said they were being disorderly, it would have been their word against my clients. The video helped us get to the heart of the matter and help settle the case.”

Last year, the city agreed to pay $583,000 in settlements to 14 Occupy Wall Street protesters from a 2012 News Year’s Day demonstration.

Source:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...prayed-cops-settle-lawsuits-article-1.2281030
    • Like Like x 1
  48. DeathHamster Member

That would be this incident:
    • Like Like x 2
  49. 507

Published on Sep 19, 2015
    Rachelle Bond, 40, the mother of Bella Bond who became known as 'Baby Doe', told investigators her boyfriend Michael McCarthy, 35, punched the girl in the stomach until her body went lifeless.

Conceived in a tent at Occupy Boston, kept secret from her addict mom's family and 'punched in the stomach until she died by a step-dad convinced she was possessed': The tragic life of 'Baby Doe' Bella Bond
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  50. 507

Published on Sep 19, 2015
    Boston police have made arrests in the death of the toddler the world came to know as “Baby Doe.” Investigators say her real name is Bella Bond. Her mother, Rachelle Bond, and the mother’s boyfriend, Michael McCarthy, have been arrested in connection with her death.HLN's Weekend Express took a closer look at new details in this case. For more information please visit http://www.hlntv.com/
    This message by 507 has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  51. 429

This message by 429 has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3

52. When chill November's surly blast
    Made fields and forests bare,
    One ev'ning, as I wander'd forth
    Along the banks of Ayr,
    I spied a man, whose aged step
    Seem'd weary, worn with care;
    His face furrow'd o'er with years,
    And hoary was his hair.

"Young stranger, whither wand'rest thou?"
    Began the rev'rend sage;
    "Does thirst of wealth thy step constrain,
    Or youthful pleasure's rage?
    Or haply, prest with cares and woes,
    Too soon thou hast began
    To wander forth, with me to mourn
    The miseries of man.

"The sun that overhangs yon moors,
    Out-spreading far and wide,
    Where hundreds labour to support
    A haughty lordling's pride;-
    I've seen yon weary winter-sun
    Twice forty times return;
    And ev'ry time has added proofs,
    That man was made to mourn.

"O man! while in thy early years,
    How prodigal of time!
    Mis-spending all thy precious hours-
    Thy glorious, youthful prime!
    Alternate follies take the sway;
    Licentious passions burn;
    Which tenfold force gives Nature's law.

"Look not alone on youthful prime,
    Or manhood's active might;
    Man then is useful to his kind,
    Supported in his right:
    But see him on the edge of life,
    With cares and sorrows worn;
    Then Age and Want-oh! ill-match'd pair-
    Shew man was made to mourn.

"A few seem favourites of fate,
    In pleasure's lap carest;
    Yet, think not all the rich and great
    Are likewise truly blest:
    But oh! what crowds in ev'ry land,
    All wretched and forlorn,
    Thro' weary life this lesson learn,

"Many and sharp the num'rous ills
    Inwoven with our frame!
    More pointed still we make ourselves,
    Regret, remorse, and shame!
    And man, whose heav'n-erected face
    The smiles of love adorn, -
    Man's inhumanity to man
    Makes countless thousands mourn!

"See yonder poor, o'erlabour'd wight,
    So abject, mean, and vile,
    Who begs a brother of the earth
    To give him leave to toil;
    And see his lordly fellow-worm
    The poor petition spurn,
    Unmindful, tho' a weeping wife
    And helpless offspring mourn.

"If I'm design'd yon lordling's slave,
    By Nature's law design'd,
    Why was an independent wish
    E'er planted in my mind?
    If not, why am I subject to
    His cruelty, or scorn?
    Or why has man the will and pow'r
    To make his fellow mourn?

"Yet, let not this too much, my son,
    Disturb thy youthful breast:
    This partial view of human-kind
    Is surely not the last!
    The poor, oppressed, honest man
    Had never, sure, been born,
    Had there not been some recompense
    To comfort those that mourn!

"O Death! the poor man's dearest friend,
    The kindest and the best!
    Welcome the hour my aged limbs
    Are laid with thee at rest!
    The great, the wealthy fear thy blow
    From pomp and pleasure torn;
    But, oh! a blest relief for those
    That weary-laden mourn!"
  53. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Not clicking on those links bro.
  54. Harriet86 Member

This problebly is not the right place to post this, but I am having trouble creating a Thread, if someone could inform me how to create a Thread that would be much appreciated.

These Photos of a Group of Women staging a Protest have been doing the rounds on the internet for quite a few years now, the Protest was about the Iraq War, so it must have been around late 2002 early 2003 time frame, I want to know if it is a genuine Arrest (maybe citizens arrest) or a Roleplay of somekind, I noticed there is not uniformed officers.

Attached Files:

• l2a.jpg
      l2a.jpg
      File size:
      33.4 KB
      Views:
    • l3a.jpg
      l3a.jpg
      File size:
      30.9 KB
      Views:
    • l5a.jpg
      l5a.jpg
      File size:
      38.7 KB
      Views:
    • l7a.jpg
      l7a.jpg
      File size:
      40.5 KB
      Views:
    • l13a.jpg
      l13a.jpg
      File size:
      33.5 KB
      Views:
    • l14a.jpg
      l14a.jpg
      File size:
      39.7 KB
      Views:
    • l5a.jpg
      l5a.jpg
      File size:
      38.7 KB
      Views:
  55. They do look like fan pix. Where did you get them?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.