Customize

OCMB gets in a sissy fight with some magazine

Discussion in 'Media' started by simpleton, Jul 28, 2008.

1. simpleton Member

OCMB gets in a sissy fight with some magazine

North Country Gazette Xenu, Copyright and Pure Ignorance

weird.. told me i had to wait 15 seconds to post again and only posted the link....anyways it looks as though the reports over at northcounty gazette doesnt like some of the posters over at ocmb hijacking their articles cant find the thread at ocmb where they were stealing the stories wonder if they were not providing links or if its just they dont want anything at all posted about their articles

:siren:EDIT: in the end it looks like its just some crazy bitch that cries too much, i jumped to conclusions on the tread title, i was on lunch and wanted to get input on the article thanks for clearing it up anon and others :) mods plz change title to something other than "bitchslap from media" if you would plz also cocks:siren:
  2. D... Member

Re: OCMB gets the bitchslap from media

Basically

"Baaawwwww"
  3. avatar2008 Member

And OCMB falls off its high horse.
    [IMG]
  4. Flynn Member

Start using "enturb.org" (forwards) for those quick signs. Some people are turned off by OCMB for real.
  5. simpleton Member

yea im happy how enturb members report the media about us, some stuff isnt done right like posting youtube videos of the video reports, but all the articles i see always have a link to the article but also the full article wonder if we need to ratify the rules on posting written news articles so we dont end up in the same boat personally i like the media liking us?

EDIT: rewrote the first line
  6. CathyLong Member

OCMB isn't a cult. Obvious skewed rant is obvious. Fuck them and their crappy local POS newspaper. They got more readers thanks to that article, so stop baaawing already. :p
  7. Mouseyhair Member

I didn't know newspapers could be this butthurt.
  8. sock Member

There's a hell of a lot of hyperbole in that article. Are they scn affiliated?
  9. simpleton Member

well like they said, they spend lots of time and money researching and reporting just to have someone rip them off ide be upset also and the media is one of our biggest allies so we do need to play by some of their rules so we can keep being reported on, or we will see a sharp decline in CoS reports, the article they are talking about is a rather large costly article

EDIT: i dont think they are sci linked this is the article
    North Country Gazette Witness For The Prosecution
  10. CathyLong Member

But they lost all "validity and research" when they called OCMB a cult not once, not twice but throughout the entire article.
  11. Anon-ymous Member

They are scifags, their 'article' makes that clear to the point of being only less obvious than the author adding 'PS. I am a scifag' at the end.
  12. CathyLong Member

This is why, were I Andreas, I would simply email them a "Sue me."
  13. Re: OCMB gets the bitchslap from media

Does anyone know what the original article that they are bitching about contained?
  14. Flynn Member

Disregard, off target
  15. Kilia Member

Everytime I hit the link provided, I get a "Forbidden"! WTF???
  16. simpleton Member

i posted it a few posts up but here it is again. the article they are talking about:
    North Country Gazette Witness For The Prosecution

just because people speak out against critics doesnt mean its osa work or a scifag reporter, some people just take serious offense to "stealing" their work
  17. simpleton Member

you have been named in the article they have banned you from the site lol

18. Kilia Member

Aw, shit! They are reading OCMB for sure!
    Yeah, I do have it on my desktop...the twerps!
    LOL!!!!!!
  19. Cubane Member

The article is blatant black PR. Don't get swept up in your dislike for the faggotry of certain OCMB posters and start attacking the site.

Operation Clambake (xenu.net) is an excellent resource for people who are already interested, or, like me, doesn't afraid of tl;dr. It's how I found out about the cult some years ago.
    OCMB/ARS/ESMB, on the other hand...
  20. momISanon Member

QFT
  21. AnonLover Member

yes we should likewise be careful with quoting a full article. i've seen this sort of thing in IRL with engineering disciplines and health care related disciplines. i've even built web spiders to go seek out unlawfully reposted copyrighted content for my clients. so it sucks but, if the article isnt published under a creative commons license, we should really only be posting a description of what the article is about in our own words along with a link to it.

For the web spider system I've built, my client willingly looks the other way if only a single paragraph or less is reposted, so long as it's noted as quoted from a linked source and the context of the posting is positive in nature. but that's their own personal policy applied to any site they havent had a past problem with. if they have had a past problem with a site, they go after them for anything more than 1 quoted sentence. However, the purpose of this system wasnt really to go after the stray singular article be quoted profusely, it was to find the outright clone sites in china and india that were stealing thousands of articles in bulk that become dangerously out of context when repiblished in another country because of the nature of material in the stolen content is mandated by law differently in different place.

so yes it's baaawwwwling in one sense, but the blogosphere has put such a hurting on media outlets in the past couple years i personally can understand this particular situation since it was an indepth "exclusive". only thing surprising here is that they had the balls to name nicks, which makes me think the real reason for baaawwwwllling was more related to getting no response whatsoever from OCMB rather than the act itself.

that said - zomg the timing of this shit hitting fan is hilariously ironic!
  22. A.Non Hubbard Member

tl;dr: "please do not read our articles, everyone. We hate free publicity. If you provide us with free publicity, we will ban all newcomers. Because we hate it when our ad impressions generate revenue."
  23. captainslug Member

Wow, that article is just, wow.
    I didn't think it was possible to so concentrate pretentious retardation.
    Complaining about people not understanding why they cannot access an article BECAUSE you never asked them to take it down and THEN complaining about them asking other people to put it up because they still didn't understand why they couldn't access it?

In order to file a copyright infringement case you have to have given the violating party warning about you wanting them to take down the material in question. You can't just balk and whine about it randomly in the dark and expect anything to turn out the way you want it to.
  24. momISanon Member

Even w/ the bawwwwwwing.....people will be curious and find out what OCMB is all about. It just gives it more advertising....for FREE, I might add! Lulzy.
  25. simpleton Member

im not the one attacking the xenu.net site or posters, the article does that just fine and just because they do a article about being upset over the way posters are using their articles makes it black pr and means scientology had to have a hand in it. I dont understand how just because someone criticizes the critics of scientology it has to be OSA or scientology influencing them to do so....all i see in that article is a reporter pissed off at people stealing his/her work. not black PR wrote by a scientologist to discredit xenu.net or OCMB posters

EDIT: i fail at quoting sorry, had to add the quote so people know who im replying to
  26. felinonymous Member

If I recall the meat of the OCMB discussion it was in regards to Bernie Mc Cabe and potential wrong-doing in the Lisa McPhereson case. I would have thought that the paper published the article hoping that people would find the topic relevant and worthy of additional discussion.

Once something makes its way to the web, it is gonna get passed around. That is how bloggers build Net cred. I don't get what all the fuss is about.
  27. Flynn Member

then there's this
  28. Skeptic1337 Member

They've had a few decent articles in the past.

Lol who ever wrote that is a pure troll at heart. They knew how to make sure to generate the most butthurt over the language.

"XENU.NET is a CULT"

Just lol.
  29. A.Non Hubbard Member

This is not the first time this BLOGGER, June Maxam, has done something this stupid. She's even ticked off the already off-balance folks at LifeNews:

This is not a media outlet. It's an insane person with access to a computer. Treat it as such.
  30. anon555 Member

but in most copyright problems, they let the lawyers handle it. The situation was handled poorly & unprofessionally. Just send the site owner a quick note, 'this is copyrighted material, please take it down', problem solved, why make a public stink about it. The complaint was a silly attempt to embarrass the website with repeated attacks like 'he's so dumb', etc. Maybe thats a sign of OSA, or maybe 'somebody' notified the paper of said infringement. But overall, it was nothing more than a big fat ad for check out Operation Clambake for yourself.
  31. simpleton Member

quote from article:

looks like they took that step was ignored and so they went another route

anyways i need to get back to work have a great day everyone
  32. A.Non Hubbard Member

33. A.Non Hubbard Member

34. A.Non Hubbard Member

Requesting thread title change: "Freelance lunatic whines about OCMB"
  35. CathyLong Member

I honestly don't care. It's crap pseudopaper who probably couldn't even to afford to sue. And, end of the day, it sounds more like one rogue baaawing blogger/reporter than an entire newspaper so it's not even worth our attention. If they allowed comments/email I would gladly send Ms. Maxam her "welcome 2 teh internets" basket of fruit. maybe then she'd get over herself.

I will tell reporters and artists the same thing: YOU SHOULD WANT YOUR WORK SHARED. Especially when it is in a positive, commending light. OCMB isn't "profitting" from the "reproduction" of their article. Because of this, case closed. Nothing to see here. Ignore the troll.
  36. A.Non Hubbard Member

lololool

Internet Troll Alert: Disgraced And Discredited North Country Gazette Blogger June Maxam Reports One Of Her Few Blog Readers To His ISP For Searches On Her Little Site (Updated, Another Reader Blocked) (Update 2, More eMail Leaks) | Bad Cop News

Wow.
  37. Re: OCMB gets the bitchslap from media

Proxy condom's required! She'll collect and at least ban yer IP.
  38. indeedindeed Member

They're calling Scientology a church, but OCMB a cult. That's great reporting, because surely OCMB has done more to deserve this than a nice harmless religious organization like Scientology, with their holy scriptures of children security checks and disconnection. How many OCMB related deaths are there again?

www.whyaretheydead.net

This article did a single thing: waste of ressources and space.
  39. felinonymous Member

Too sad to hear that Ms Maxam is a blog troll. To my mind, that tends to discredit anything that she produces. From the sound of things, this isn't her first trolling effort and it likely won't be her last.

Proof that not all media is good media... as if we needed more proof!