Customize

Off Topic - Nick Xenophon in Malaysia to support Anwar Ibrahim

Discussion in 'Freedom of Expression' started by Anonymous, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Off Topic - Nick Xenophon in Malaysia to support Anwar Ibrahim

Malaysia Anon here. Off topic for most anons here. But of keen interest for me.

Anwar is the leader of the opposition parties in Malaysia, who is being Fair Gamed by the ruling government.

Xenophon and 61 Members of Parliament in Australia have voiced their concerns about the Kangaroo Court being used to railroad Anwar.

Yes, this is about Freedom of Speech.

Video of Xenophon and Anwar in the links.

Malaysia Chronicle: VIDEO 61 Aussie senators express concern over Anwar's trial

YouTube - 61 senator Australia bimbang prosedur kes Anwar
  2. TinyDancer Member

Re: Off Topic - Nick Xenophon in Malaysia to support Anwar Ibrahim

That's our Nick.
  3. Anonymous Member

Pro-government Malaysian bloggers are already trying to smear and discredit Nick Xenophon.

FYI, homosexual sex is illegal in Malaysia, punishment of up to 20 years in prison.

And palm oil (cooking oil) is a huge export for Malaysia.

So people writing that Xenophon supports gays, and says palm oil is unhealthy, is a big local insult to Xenophon.

Barisan Nasional (BN) Buzz & Bull

Gay/Lesbian, Atheist

4. Anonymous Member

anwarnick440.jpg

nickxenophon.jpg
  5. Anonymous Member

Fair Gaming of Senator Nick Xenophon has started in Malaysia

Posted by Bernama, the official news provider (mouthpiece) of the ruling party in Malaysia.

BERNAMA - Aussie MP Xenophon Slammed For Being Rude

6. BusinessBecky Member

I never knew you could get oil from palms.
  7. Anonymous Member

I know you are joking, but huge government-linked palm oil plantations are killing swathes of indigenous wildlife in Malaysia and Indonesia.

Photographs of Oil Palm Plantation in Tawau, Malaysia
  8. mirele Member

Good on Nick. This Anwar Ibrahim nonsense has gone on far too long. The government of Malaysia needs to bloody cut it out.
  9. Anonymous Member

OP again, please don't mind me, I think I'll start documenting the local Malaysian media attempts to smear Xenophon.

Yes, this is definitely a Freedom of Speech issue.

Senator Xenophon is a rare politician. He has a backbone, moral integrity, and a sense of ethics and moral outrage over government repression and stupidity. I wish we had Senator Xenophon here locally.

> . I'll shut up if mods say this topic is irrelevant. . <

Here is another pro-ruling party release, attempting to smear Xenophon as a backer of gays.

Irony MSM spin? « Din Merican: the Malaysian DJ Blogger

10. TinyDancer Member

That so-called slur might wash in Malaysia, but in Oz most people won't think less of Nick for either the palm oil or gay issue.
  11. BusinessBecky Member

Now that is what I call getting really dirty looking for dirty on someone.

palm oil =/= aromatherapy? i have however used coconut oil for lots of things
  12. Anonymous Member

Thanks TD. Here in Malaysia, both are pretty big insults. I don't know how to properly express these "insults" or "moral outrage" to Ozians.

Make no mistake, the ruling government is very annoyed with Senator Xenophon and the 60 or so other Oz MPs that are being vocal about the kangaroo court railroading of Anwar.
  13. Anonymous Member

How much would I have to pay these propaganda consultants to put a "1" in front of my name?
  14. Anonymous Member

15. Anonymous Member

Is it like calling someone a Vegemite-dodging teetotaler?
  16. Anonymous Member

Smear campaign implys Senator Xenophon is gay (huge insult here locally)

tunku: Sodomy Case: Anwar Brings Independent Australian MP Who Supports Gay Marriage To Be Observer

^ good luck with that

Much fairer analysis here

LAMAN KL-TODAY.COM » Blog Archive » APCO: Aussie MP sympathise Anwar

17. White Tara Global Moderator

http://www.fz.com/content/bar-many-aspects-anwar’s-sodomy-ii-case-raise-concerns

THE MALAYSIAN Bar is deeply troubled by the conviction and sentence to five years’ imprisonment of Dato’ Seri Anwar Ibrahim by the Court of Appeal, for what was essentially consensual sex between two adults.

Dato’ Seri Anwar Ibrahim was convicted and sentenced under section 377B, read with section 377A, of the Penal Code.

Section 377A of the Penal Code criminalises sodomy and oral sex (fellatio). Section 377B provides that whosoever voluntarily commits the acts described in section 377A shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to twenty years, and shall also be liable to whipping. These provisions make no distinction between heterosexual and homosexual consensual sexual acts, and are thus applicable to both.

A law is only good and just if it is consistently and equally applied and enforced. It is extraordinary that Dato’ Seri Anwar Ibrahim has been prosecuted and convicted twice, in a country that has rarely seen a prosecution and/or conviction for an offence of consensual sexual acts between adults under section 377A, read with section 377B, of the Penal Code.

This glaring anomaly and inconsistency brings the administration of justice into disrepute. It also fuels a perception that Dato’ Seri Anwar Ibrahim is being persecuted, and not prosecuted.

Read more: http://www.fz.com/content/bar-many-aspects-anwar’s-sodomy-ii-case-raise-concerns#ixzz2vcJQnB5B