Customize

Official complaints made against Plymouth Cult of Scientology

Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by stuwyatt, Jul 29, 2008.

1. stuwyatt Member

Re: Official complaints made against Plymouth Cult of Scientology

Thanks guys. I've already made notes in my messy shorthand ... and good news! I was woken this morning by a Detective Constable, and I will be seeing him in person at 1.15pm tomorrow. I will also be seeing another police officer directly afterwards regarding complaints surrounding my 24 hours in custody.

The DC who phoned up asked me not to film him, as he has young children and does not want to appear on youtube (this means that he has seen some of the videos already).

So.... wish me luck! :)
  2. Re: Official complaints made against Plymouth Cult of Scientology

Good luck!

Just one suggestion - perhaps you could take some information about other harassment - such as that against the Taxi driver in East Grinstead - as evidence that attacking named critics is policy and that your case isn't just a one off.

It's all very well spouting off about 'fair game', but it may help your case (and ours) if you can show other, recent, evidence of it taking place.
  3. Anon23517 Member

Good luck! And also what Boris said.
  4. wolfyrik Member

Good luck, Stu. Taking evidence is a good idea. Taking a witness and trusted friend might also be wise. Hopefully, if you display the same behaviour you share with all of us, this might help build some kind of rapport with the police.
  5. AnonZombie Member

Get any of those videos to use for evidence back on back yet? Or at least find the tapes? Good luck, man!
  6. spiral Member

IIRC all the equipment all came back still sealed in the evidence bags :p
  7. 3rdMan Member

Good effort Stu (I don't believe in luck). You got our support. Co$ needs a reminder that the law applies to them as much everyone else. Any chance anons can help you get the media on this (if you want it)?
  8. stuwyatt Member

It all went really well.

The ball is rolling :)

I'm going to be taking a bit of time out for some R&R.

xxx
  9. Re: Official complaints made against Plymouth Cult of Scientology

Let us not forget Richard and Bonnie Woods. They have been down this route themselves (well, without the grass) and probably have some wise words for you.
  10. stuwyatt Member

I now have a crime number - so they are looking into this seriously.

Regarding my complaints against the police, I now understand a lot better the new laws and powers of the police.... and I will say that I do not believe that there has been any infiltration of the police force by Scientology.

The laws in the UK are fucked... and I suppose when you have a very adept Scientology legal team bombarding the police with complaints with direct legal references, then it is only a matter of time before the police will act. The police here I believe are 100% neutral... regardless of what their individual personal views of the cult are.

I had a good meeting on Friday, and although I can't really go into the specifics of it, I really do believe that the police will have a greater understanding of who we are, what we are hoping to achieve, and also the actions of the local cult staff.

In other words... its all good.

:)

We will be hopefully addressing the Section 60 stuff within due course, and hope to have a settlement resolved before the protest on the 16th.

I have a court appearance this Friday over the medicinal cannabis charges (committal to Crown Court... although I will also have the chance to plead guilty and be sentenced by the magistrate)... Im pretty sure I will take it to Crown Court, but I always improvise on the spur of the moment, and go with my instincts. If I do plead guilty, I could very easily get a custodial sentence...

... I may be offline pretty much this week, and there is a slim chance that I will be very much offline after Friday. But the court date is 8/8/8 - 8 is a very lucky number... Im sure its a sign ;)

xxx
  11. Re: Official complaints made against Plymouth Cult of Scientology

... I may be offline pretty much this week, and there is a slim chance that I will be very much offline after Friday. But the court date is 8/8/8 - 8 is a very lucky number... Im sure its a sign ;)

doesn't sound good to me
  12. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

Good luck Stu, and I'm sure it'll go fine as long as you stay cool. Hope you'll get time to tell us how it all went down asap :)
  13. Plups Member

At last, the police are in real communication. I'm pleased to hear that your complaint is being dealt with appropriately. Really glad you decided to hold the CoS (and the cops) accountable.

When you get a chance, I'd be keen to hear your new understanding of the laws and how your treatment in custody sits in connection with those laws.
  14. stuwyatt Member

Its the PACE laws... (I still need to read them fully)... but if an arrest warrant is issued, and someone answers the door of the property and is identified as the person on the warrant, then the police have the power to enter the property. Same goes with the search I think. I've been too ill to study them in depth, but I will be checking up on this. I had 13 points for the DC, and she is going to reply in writing.

Re: being refused bail, it was because I was likely to offend again (i.e. take medicine), and they have to follow guidelines. Like I've said before, the police do not have the power to say if a law is right or wrong, and neither do they have the powers to make a special case out of someone...

The female police officer who kept saying things like "How can anyone live in this mess?" and "Is your illness just a front so that you can smoke all day?" is going to be spoken to by a superior, and she will be told that I declined to make an official complaint about her - even when prompted to. I just want her to think out of the box if she is ever in the same situation again. I cant do much manual stuff, and cleaning is definitely at the bottom of the list. I know many sick people who also live in equal squalor.

Regarding the not being fed and lack of water etc. - She is looking into the custody records and will find out what went wrong. Same goes with not having access to showers.

Re: being refused a duty solicitor... the fact remains that a duty solicitor would likely refuse to come in for someone with drug charges who has 'admitted them'... but it looks like it was an oversight that I was not offered one that morning.

There WERE fuckups regarding my detention, but it is not as tin-foil-hatted as I initially suspected. I will be doing a youtube video over this.

I actually have a deep respect for the local police force. Its not their fault they have to police fucked up laws.... And I can understand why so many long-term policemen are leaving....

Anyway... I'll do a full and proper update in time. At the moment, Im still in R&R time.

xxx
  15. highoverlord Member

i miss you
  16. unidentified Member

Nothing in PaCE is particularly new.

As regards whether the search was legal refer back to my PM's that were forwarded to you close to when it happened. I still don't believe they had any right to take the tapes (although I suppose that doesn't matter too much any more as you got them back any way).
  17. Vir Member

The UK has some difficulty because even the statute databases that the government have online aren't completely updated yet, so for some acts instead of looking at the amended act you need to look both at the original act and the new one and make sense of it yourself.

Good on you Stu for concentrating on the important issues and leaving the minor ones once explained.
  18. Sargo Member

stu ur win^_^ plymouth is scaryed of you^_^
  19. Anon23517 Member

Said it before, and I'll say it again - good luck, Stu!
  20. wolfyrik Member

....I wouldn't say squalor. But you're right, it's very difficult when you don't have much help. I do what I can with my place when I can, but it's slow and spaced.

I think you did the right thing regarding not making a complaint but letting her know that you chose not to. It's important that the police be more sensitive and open-minded about people, when they don't it only worsens their connection to the public.

Way to go, Stu. Glad you're on our side! :D
  21. ZeroZero Member

Stu, all i can do is wish you well...both in your health, and your ongoing campaign. It bodes well that the local Police are at least willing to talk , and take action where its needed internally.
    As to the other issues that have surfaced again all I can do is wish you the luck you deserve.
    Keep doing what you do , because you do it so well.. the more you can keep the spotlight on the org , the faster it will evaporate, leaving only the bad smell of something rotten and a long time dead

Zero, an Anonymous

Brought to you by the power of Ceak.
  22. unidentified Member

All services like westlaw, lexisnexis etc provide fully amended versions of statutes (although I'm not sure if any free services do).
  23. mickturate Member

Shit dude, when I was a studenty i must have been v. v. unwell, my gaff was fucking tip from day one....

do tell if (offer apologies for their thoughtlessness crimes) plod say;

a)lessons have been learned....

b)we offer you an apology & this won't happen again...

its a plodz thing that they do = we are fuck ups & we know it but to change? well its just too difficult innit?

I'm glad yer not tin hat re plodz; the truth (unf.) is that they are just lazy overpaid fuckers who struggle to think original thoughts...esp. when confronted by individuals who can walk, talk & chew gum all at the same time.

do request copies of your statements/copies of your recordings (under PACE should be recorded) Stu' as shit does go missing.
  24. misskittie Member

Just read this thread and realised your court date is today. I'll be thinking of you matey and sending as many good thoughts and vibes towards Plymouth as possible. Crossing everything that it's just a fine which you can pay off at 50p a week. Seriously man, you'd be well unlucky to get custodial but do get someone to let us know if it all goes Pete Tong. Will have a victory phatty rolled n ready tho cos nothing stops The Stu!
  25. Re: Official complaints made against Plymouth Cult of Scientology

GL stu!
  26. Re: Official complaints made against Plymouth Cult of Scientology

:doh: how'd I miss this epic thread?

Stu's Court Date: 8/8/8

Go get em Stu! :woot:
  27. Re: Official complaints made against Plymouth Cult of Scientology

Is still the 7th here in the UK you guys lol
  28. Re: Official complaints made against Plymouth Cult of Scientology

Good luck stu.
  29. The Shadow Member

The Shadow wishes you the best of luck, Stu, I have found your videos and antics most informative. Rest assured, if the worst happens and we 'do not hear from you for a while', The Shadow will 'make himself known' to the Plymouth org....
  30. momISanon Member

Good luck, Stu!!!!!! And, if you don't mind, God bless!

MIA
  31. Anonynamefag Member

I think Stu is a pretty cool guy, eh stands up for his right and doesnt afraid of Scilons
  32. stuwyatt Member

Hi guys!

Sorry - I've been offline due to computer probs (currently now using ubuntu, and I'm never going back to Windows if I can help it)... I've not been able to do any video's yet, but I've just installed cinerella, and it looks like it might do the trick.

Regarding tomorrow:

8/8/8 court date has nothing to do with Scientology!

Its to do with my cannabis charges, but its just a magistrates court hearing for referral to crown court. As the police/CPS still have not provided the courts with the full paperwork, there is every chance it will be adjourned for a month or so.... I'll probably only be in court for a couple of minutes max....

I'm due in there in 6 hours... and although I know its going to be an easy one, its still playing havoc with my health. I've kept a lid on stress for 8 or so months quite successfully - until I was arrested... and its been a struggle not to let worry & stress take over (which seems to spiral me into relapse).

But its all cool. Im still smiling...

Thanks for all your comments... :)

I just wanted to chime in to make the facts clear!

xxx
  33. Dammerung Member

Here's hoping that everything goes well, and that further complications don't arise! Good luck, Stu!
  34. basil Member

It might have "nothing to do with scientology" directly, but am I right in remembering that it was their raid, after the fake complaint about you 'running over' Sandra's foot in the Enturbmobile, that they found the cannabis stuff, whilst confiscating your video camera for 'evidence' which they appear to never have actually looked at?

If I were you, I'd get it 'on record' somewhere that the only reason you are there is because of the vindictive actions of the cult of Scientology because you dared to speak out against them.

Technically, yes you are guilty of the cannabis charges (any personal opinions on that is irrelevant here) but it's like being pulled over for speeding, and the cops find a body in your boot... they tend to forget that you were speeding at that point and charge you for the body - when in fact if it hadn't been for the original 'charge', you wouldn't have been done for the 'other' thing.

It probably won't make a huge difference ... but any reason to give the cult bad PR must be good, surely? :)
  35. stuwyatt Member

^^^ Thanks :)

I've just got back from court, and as predicted, it was adjourned until 10am on the 5th September.... The reason given is that there are statements regarding the evidence that are missing from the police file... (????!!!!????).... These are crucial pieces of evidence needed for the prosecution.

A letter from the police read out by the prosecution solicitor stated that these statements were 'on their way'... but one half of me hopes they are lost or 'accidentally' shredded by a sympathetic policeman... (but one can hope)

The judge was extremely pissed off at the prosecution, and asked me if I had incurred any costs to get to the courtroom (I didn't). If I had have done, he would have ordered the police to pay me my costs... :)

If I'd have known that, I'd have hired a limo!

:) xxx
  36. Anne Ominous Member

WOO!
  37. EastAnon Member

You should have told him the stress made you smoke 4 extra, and would they please pay for that?
  38. xfool4now Member

Any good news is good.

In all our thoughts man. Keep healthy, you are needed.

x
  39. Anon-ymous Member

Good luck Stu, don't let them get to you.
  40. Re: Official complaints made against Plymouth Cult of Scientology

Well time to chill for a bit hey Stu?