Customize

**OFFICIAL DATE FOR OPERATION PSYCHOUT**

Discussion in 'CoS Front Groups' started by iamxenu123, Mar 30, 2008.

1. iamxenu123 Member

**OFFICIAL DATE FOR OPERATION PSYCHOUT**

I motion that we do it on May 10th, as May 9th is the official anniversary of Dianetics, and the scilons will most likely* be celebrating it on the evening of Saturday, May 10th.

The anniversary of "Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health" and the psychiatry focused theme of our May protest should go together very well.

*Most likely on the 10th, but according to my research, the scilons either celebrate it the saturday following the anniversary, or the next saturday after that. Last year it looks like their celebration was the second Saturday following the anniversary (May 19th). I have been unable to find the official date of the celebration for this year thus far, but looking back to 1997 when the calendar was exactly the same as 2008, they held the celebration on Saturday the 10th, which is the day right after the official anniversary.
  2. AnonKiwi Member

Re: **OFFICIAL DATE FOR OPERATION PSYCHOUT**

You need to lurk moar mate. May 10 has already been agreed as the next date.

And op: psyschout has been universally panned as a theme for the next protest :)
  3. iamxenu123 Member

I couldn't find any mention of a set date in this forum or elsewhere.. oh well, at least it has it's own thread now
  4. Re: **OFFICIAL DATE FOR OPERATION PSYCHOUT**

Excellent, that's the end of my finals week. I'll be glad to party.
  5. AnonKiwi Member

No worries. Hope I didn't seem to harsh.

I'm currently swinging between trying to herd threads, and trying to not herd threads. But I think herding is the best in a way. We work the fastest when we have a lot of people all on the same page (literally and metaphorically). Etc.

Ok ramble mode off. Have fun!
  6. anonfredonia Member

Perfect! May 10th is also the date of the Tiger Army show in my town! BEST DAY EVER! :-D
  7. Aik Member

8. AnonKiwi Member

Only 20 votes means we're not doing it. Save the ideas in here for counter-protesting CCHR exhibitions and protests.
  9. Kluu Member

ya I like teh Game Over mode.
    Fair Game sucks... cows.:rant:
  10. Sargo Member

serously can a mod please change these thread names from this phy out shit

it pisses me off that someone tried to fucken name a protest without thinking it over

WE DON'T NO MUCH ABOUT PHYCOLOGY

douch

anyway thats how i feel^_^

FAIR GAME
  11. AnonKiwi Member

Operation: Fail Game is the go for May it seems :)
  12. Re: **OFFICIAL DATE FOR OPERATION PSYCHOUT**

Crosspost:

I've seen alot of threads mentioning getting sympathetic organizations involved, i.e. The AMA, but has anyone really tested the waters to see how they'll respond?

The masks might put them off a bit, but our message is right up their alley. When you think about the width and breadth of Anonymous, there are probably already people in mental health related professions who are members.
  13. LRonAnon Member

[edit]extreme fail, need coffee
  14. Philanonymous Member

I made a radio commercial for "Operation: Game Over" for May:

http://www.supload.com/sound_confirm.php?get=1375553319.wav

I think the psych-out direction is going to detract from the coherence of our efforts. When I listen to some anons try and describe our purpose, they still have difficulty. I think it may be a better idea at this time to discuss the "fair game" policy, which is something I think everyone can unanimously stand behind.

Also, "game over" has a more cohesive theme.
  15. Anan E. Mouse Member

someone really needs to change the title of the subforum to Project Psychout so people stop getting it confused with the Operation titles for the monthly protests.
  16. AnonKiwi Member

I lied - GAME OVER is winning as a title.

And this subform will be sorted out soonish.
  17. enigma Member

18. anon7894 Member

Why do we have an entire sub-forum for an idea most of us see as a poster-child for planned parenthood?