Customize

Official Scientology site announces it is a pyramid scam

Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by lulznw, Jun 12, 2008.

1. lulznw Member

Official Scientology site announces it is a pyramid scam

This site proves a lot of information. Save all sources as backup.

Example 1 - Prices of Scientology.

ASHO - Registration Donation Rates

Example 2 - Pyramid Scam Proof.

ASHO - Auditing as a Career

Field Auditors usually make a significant amount of their income from FSM Commissions. This is from referring their preclears to nearby Class V orgs or to the Sea Org orgs for advanced training and processing.

You can do a free hatting course on being an FSM in any org, which goes over all the basic policies you need to know. The FSM I/C will be more than happy to help you and will supply you with promotion and selection slips

Here is an example: You send your preclear into a nearby org, and she buys an Academy Training package for $8,000. You receive a 15% commission on those services, which is payable when she arrives at the Org to do them, ($1,200.00).

If you were to send 20 preclears a year into the org for similar packages, you would have $24,000 in income just from selecting your public to train.

You can make a very good living with as few as 3 paying preclears a week — though you will soon have many more. Just look at the chart below.

You audit two preclears for the IAS rate of $3,200* for a 12 1/2 hour intensive. You pay 10% to IHELP, which gives you 90%.
    That’s $5,760 income for 1 week.

You audit three preclears for the IAS rate of $3,200* for a 12 1/2 hour intensive. You pay 10% to IHELP, which gives you 90%.
    That’s $8,640 income for 1 week.

Example 3 - Cash Advance Quotes from L. Ron.

"Take it cash in advance. Guarantee nothing. Make sure you stress its spirtual slant and value. Steer clear of promising cures. AND DON’T rush them into auditing. They’ll beg for it soon enough."

Notice that either the Church of Scientology or L. Ron doesn't know how to spell spiritual.

Example 4 - Success Stories.

"It also had a dramatic effect on my income which almost doubled after training on the Golden Age of Tech. I make a very good living which is a direct result of my certainty as an auditor."

"That was 1 week after I had decided to start the field practice and it has all gone up from there. This year I have already helped 53 preclears. If I need to reg, I just do what LRH says to do, which is to just ask for the amount the auditing costs. It is pretty simple."

Example 5 - Taking over your life.

ASHO - Arriving for Services at ASHO

6. The first person you meet at ASHO is the Services Administrator. His job is to get you settled in — find you a place to live, arrange transport if you need it, help you to find schools or childcare and a part-time job if needed.

PCs and Pre-OTs are encouraged to buy and listen to LRH® recorded lectures. It has been shown by survey of public that those who listen to LRH lectures while receiving auditing 3X their gains, and lessen their tech estimates.

Example 6 - Not a donation.

"PCs and Pre-OTs are encouraged to buy"

Notice on many of the places it will mention "Are encouraged to buy", "the cost is", "costs this % less", ect.

Example 7 - Non-Secure Credit Card Form.

ASHO - Registration Sign-up Form

To order by e-mail, send credit card information to: asho@earthlink.net Include all information: Credit card number, expiration date, name as it appears on card, type of card; which package/service, what schedule you intend on attending your services (nights and/or weekends; or during the day on weekdays), when you plan to arrive and a phone number and/or e-mail address where we can contact you.

Do you need more proof?
  2. candlejack Member

Re: Official Scientology site announces it is a pyramid scam

BRACE FOR EPIC
  3. a-anon Member

O SHIT IT'S CANDLEJA
  4. ZeLyt Member

Dude! I want to be a Flying Spagetti Monster.
  5. watwatwat Member

you fail.
  6. anonymous1244 Member

Sorry to throw a cold pint of piss over this, but...

It's not a pyramid scheme. Not in law. Not in fact. Not even if you squint your eyes.

It bugs me when people keep saying it, 'cos whatever else we do, we need to be 100% accurate on the facts.
  7. AnonyMAX Member

I Fail. Can someone backup these sites as a PDF?
  8. Re: Official Scientology site announces it is a pyramid scam

MLM may be more accurate. 6 or 1/2 dozen
  9. anonymous1244 Member

Even that's not true. Sorry.
    Sales incentives =/= MLM or Pyramid Scheme.

Is it a business? Hell yes: A cross between a double-glazing company and the Mafia.
  10. candlejack Member

YOU JUST GOT TROLLED
  11. anonymous3424 Member

ok then, define pyramid scheme.
  12. Robert S Member

It's a triangle scenario then. Who gives a fuck, han the marpoons ya swab.
  13. lulznw Member

It is a pyramid scam by every definition.

Some examples :

1. The Religious Center gets all the money at the top for free.
    2. The Church of Scientology pays Religious Center.
    3. Auditors pay 10% of their commissions to Church of Scientology for leasing the dianetics rights
    4. Customers pay auditors thousands of dollars and are the only ones who pay to get nothing in the end.
    5. Customers are strongly encouraged to recruit friends and they will earn a %, even though they know there friends will get nothing in the end, because at that point their broke.

There are multiple pyramids going, including the entire structure of Scientology, to the auditors referrals, to the customer referrals.

Another definition from Wikipedia:

A common example might be an offer that, for a fee, allows the victim to sell the same offer to other people, or receive bonuses through other people they refer. Each sale includes a fee to the original seller.

A.k.a. it all goes up the chain and in their own language once you get higher, they ONLY talk about the money, %, ect. on the auditor site while NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER even talking about helping people only training you how to sound like your helping people to refer more.
  14. JMac85 Member

Geeze, they might as well be screaming "please take away our tax exempt status!"
  15. anonymous1244 Member

Not sure what you mean by "free", but it's not obviously different to any other business in the sense of management getting most of the money.

Still nothing to do with a pyramid scheme.

Standard in any franchised operation, and again, nadda to do with pyramid schemes.

Customers are getting auditing and services in return for their money. Again totally unlike a pyramid scheme.

Fuck me. My local discount supermarket offers me a referral incentive if I get friends to join.

Almost all corporate structures are pyramid shaped. It has NOTHING to do with whether or not they're a pyramid scheme.

If you're going to quote wikipedia, please give an honest quote, as this is not their full definition by any means.

A pyramid scheme: the whole business makes it's money from signing people up, rather than selling any kind of real service or product.

They're inherently unsustainable, as you ultimately run out of bods to recruit.

This is not Scientology. Scientology is not a pyramid scheme.
  16. R2-45 Member

While I agree it's still a scam, it's not plainly done for the sole purpose of making money. The majority of the people who join and pay simply for their 'services', not for potential of making future money.

Thus, not a pyramid scheme. Which sucks, because if it were a pyramid scheme it'd be a lot easier to take it down.
  17. lulznw Member

In any case it shows obviously that it is a business and talks only of money, referrals, costs, ect. and nothing about helping people or anything not to do with a business or making a living\

TAX THE CULT!
  18. musketeerwang Member

anon1244 is quite right. No need to go for the buzzwords of "pyramid scheme" when it's not an accurate description. Aren't "scam" and "business not church" good enough?
  19. xenubarb Member

"Only 3 preclears a week..."

Heh heh heh. I imagine preclears are nearly as hard to find as chicken's teeth these days.

"How ya gonna bring 'em
    Into the org
    After they're read the web?"
    (sung to the tune of 'how ya gonna keep 'em down on the farm, after they've seen Paree?"
  20. Re: Official Scientology site announces it is a pyramid scam

That's impressively old-school, xenubarb.
  21. I Member

if you're gonna tell people to pack up certain stuff from a site, make a pdf of it and put that on megaupload or something.
    if you can't make a pdf straight away, take screenshots, then ask for someone to take a pdf asap, and start getting the software to do it yourself just in case.

if you find something really bad, they'll take it down as soon as they see you've mentioned it.
  22. anonymous299 Member

It loosely fits a lot of these.
  23. Re: Official Scientology site announces it is a pyramid scam

... but is not a pyramid scheme. It's just a scam. The C of S /does/ deliver products and services to its paying customers -- it's just that it lies through its teeth about what those services will actually do for you, and charges an insane amount for it too.
  24. Ottanon Member

While it might not exactly be a classic pyramid or MLM scam, $cientology bears a much closer resemblance to them than it does to an actual religion or church.
  25. MarcabEmpress Member

PLEASE PRINT OUT COPIES OF THESE and include in info packs to politicians.
  26. Enturbonegro Member

I found this amusing (From the wikipedia article on MLM)...

I Lol'd.
  27. Silent Member

I can't belive they actually wrote and published this them selves... seems like something an anon would have wet dream of pilfering out of David Miscarriage's cold hands, not something they would just throw out there for the whole world to see.

Save the page as html, the entire page! (File > Save page as)
  28. Toxic Rose Member

A number of businesses using this "mlm" model have been busted, even tho claiming to offer services. it has nothing whatsoever to do with the auditing, but the promises made to the auditors. If they are told they can make good money, and the majority do not make money, then it is by FTC definition a scam.

Incentives to sign up new members over selling 'services' to existing members is a classic red flag. so are the outrageous prices of the book/cd packages, which are far above standard retail. IOW, if the primary income of the auditor is to come from signing new members, it's a fraud.
  29. Toxic Rose Member

The services are irrelevant. Many pyramid schemes offer 'services,' that's not how they're defined. It's whether or not the money to be made (in this case, by an auditor) is made through selling product, or made via signing up new members. As the majority of new signups don't return, they require a constant stream of new signups. You can't buy the 'services' or 'products' without membership either.

It costs about 30-50 thousand dollars to become an auditor imagine how many 'commissions' one must earn just to recoup that amount?
  30. anonymous1244 Member

Sorry but Scientology has a proven track record of franchise holders making money from selling auditing and services. The fact that the business model is now failing, does not change the history. In addition, some franchisee's continue to make money this way.

Scientology is a business. It's also a scam. It's not a pyramid/MLM scheme though.

/thread pls?
  31. Re: Official Scientology site announces it is a pyramid scam

I've got them all on pdf. Print to PDF really rules.

So, do you want me to mirror them somewhere? Or just hide them under my hat for future use?
  32. Re: Official Scientology site announces it is a pyramid scam

On a completely different note, it looks like this is the one scientology related web site I've seen lately that isn't hosted by Prolexic. It's actually hosted by Earthlink. (And the "e-mail us" links all point to asho@earthlink.net.)

(And yes, I made PDF copies too.)
  33. Re: Official Scientology site announces it is a pyramid scam

WHAT!

I love this thread. It shows up on google news alerts. I'm sure scientologists want this thread dead deleted.

not implying you are...
  34. Toxic Rose Member

Sorry where do they have this 'proven track record?" to not be a PS, MOST have to make money, and that's not likely given the $40k+ it takes to become an auditor.
  35. anonymous1244 Member

Whatever. This thread is factually incorrect, and only helps fuel an appealing myth. Also, given your way of thinking, I'm surprised you're not more :tinfoil: about the fact that OP's FIRST EVER post, is to provide "evidence" which if used would at best waste our time, at worst discredit us in the eyes of whoever we'd requested assistance from.

Personally, I'm more interested in the substance than the person behind it, so no offence to the OP; but it's true nonetheless.

If you doubt for one minute whether what I'm saying is correct, at least read wikipedia's article on pyramid schemes, and then read some of the financial lit. relating to the "church."
  36. lulznw Member

Sorry, the reason I misunderstood and thought it was a pyramid scam and not just a corporate business referral was the the difference that a pyramid scam counts as giving nothing in return and the fact is that crap and lies is still something.

So I agree and would change the title if I could, but I also think some parts of it are a pyramid scam once you get higher up and they only talk about money and referring people. Look at the site and they ONLY talk about money and referrals and don't talk about giving anything so it wouldn't be hard to say its a GRAY AREA.

In any case, that site alone has enough evidence to show Scientology as a business that shouldn't be tax exempt, how expensive it is, and the fact that they take credit cards by e-mail.

A comment about your EarthLink comment : EarthLink was founded by Scientology so you might want to research that some more.
  37. the_cloak Member

Wait wait. They claim you can make over 8 grand a week? That sounds like BS to me. I can imagine many ex-sci's can attest that all the auditing money went to scientology, not to them as this site promises.
  38. lulznw Member

10% goes to their higher up place that does nothing...

then 90% goes to them but i'm sure they are encouraged to donate it to the church of scientology

plus who says its easy to get 3 braindead suckers a week
  39. Re: Official Scientology site announces it is a pyramid scam

Oh, you're right. I forgot about that. It still seems a little odd though that this site was left alone when the others were moved to Prolexic after the initial raids. I thought they had shifted everything. A couple of other things that bug me:

- From what I can tell, some anti-scientology people have known about this site as far back as 2006. I would have expected them to shut it down or sanitize it by now.
    - These pages are loaded with footbullets. And not just your ordinary footbullets either: we're talking large caliber, teflon coated, explosive-tipped footbullets. Why leave it all out in the open instead of requiring a login/password to keep non-scilons out of the juicy stuff?

(As an aside, a while back I visited the site for the SF org hosted on scientology.org. There is a login/registration link. It points to a non-existent page.)

I'm sure none of the scilons are terribly good at dealing with real technology, but can they really be that sloppy?

Also, this is goddamn hysterical:

http://www.scientology-asho.org/images/ASHO-GOLDEN-AGE-OF-TECH-6.JPG

I feel bad for the poor bear.
  40. lulznw Member

hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahha that fucking bear picture omfg ,

we need this on front page : Scientology Audits PedoBear... Really they do!

and to answer your question yes. for example : they didnt even make a contact form and ask for credit cards by email or check...

and they have over 400 websites im not kidding, theres no way they can manage them all, they probably lost track of it or even more funny they probably forgot the logon to it