Customize

Oh my what is this!?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sue, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quentinanon Member

I would prefer some variant of the former theme. I find this one more difficult to navigate. Also, bring back the previous button menu.
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Anonymous Member

/b/ alarmed.
    /b/ very alarmed.
  3. rof Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. A.O.T.F Member

Cute .. very cute .. LOL :D
  5. Anonymous Member

Cons:
    - The new theme's colours and complexity. Had to change back.
    - The 'Scientology and Anonymous' sub-forum jumps out at me more than the actual 'Anonymous vs Scientology' initiative header on the front page of the forums. This could confuse newcomers into thinking that it's the AnonvSci section. An improvement to that could be (yet another) box around each whole initiative?

Stuff I like:
    - More pictures about the place - adds an anonymous feel to the Anonymous vs Scientology section, which has been sorely missing in the multi-initiative WWP.
    - Strangely enough, the temporary home page re-direct to the forum. If some brief website content and links could somehow be incorporated into an extra box alongside the forums for each section, I think you might have a great front page.
    - A section for each initiative's sub-forums on the front page of the forums

I realise you weren't after people's opinion with this thread, but I do like giving mine.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Anonymous Member

Hey, at least you were more constructive than some folks bitching...
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

Have you licked Hopkin yet? Heard you can get a buzz by licking toads...
  8. Anonymous Member

So, an issues checklist would seem to be in order.

1. uploaded files must be fixed
    2. buttons (agree, winner, funny, dumb)
    3. you can no longer see who has given which rating, even when logged in, even on your own posts.
    4. in my profile page, i can't see the tally of how many dumbs, disagrees, agrees, or funnies i've given out, only likes and dislikes.
    5. RESOLVED - to get rid of boxes, click metro in the lower left, while logged in, to switch back to default view. some people here seem to think mobile is also nice, but i think it's fugly.

Feel free to quote this post and add more to it. I am just trying to help clean up this mess.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. sue Administrator

Okay, back in town for the day so i'll address some of the questions / comments made so far.

Thanks for the kind comment, it's appreciated.
    ok, thanks.
    Thank you, duly noted and will consider or work on them when time is available to do so.
    Correct and this was not intentional, turns out I copied over the wrong version of the attachment folder and as a result of that canned this weeks uploads. Entirely mea culpa.
    Duly noted.
    Excuse the sarcasm, WWP is obviously my bread and butter as is it my sole raison d'etre. Since you seem to be so understanding, what is your opinion on "metro 2.0"? Its not quite ready but with the right amount of effort we can get there. I bet everyone will love that one:

bad_404-thumb-450x340.gif
    Anyhow, I take the borderline unreasonably high expectation fueled comments as a compliment -- something must have been done right at some point in time to set the bar that high.
    • Like Like x 5
  10. WMAnon Member

<3 the new anon avatar :D
    • Like Like x 7
  11. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

Shit happens. Nobody should get mad over it because obviously this change is an improvement in the making.

I wasn't getting that... maybe because I was using Firefox? Oh well... So far the changes have made that problem disappear. So far, so good. Keep it up!
    • Like Like x 2
  12. sue Administrator

Thanks and indeed, what really threw me off was that nothing was apparent about missing files because of caches returning said files.
    It was a joke, but glad the 404 errors subsided on your end.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Intelligence Member

When I first saw new format last night, I thought my browser was WONKY, and I detested the new look,..., Grrrrrr!

But this ^^^^^, I hope, is just because I'm an ol fart who doesn't like "CHANGE" - LOL

I'm sure I'll get used to it and use it well:cool:
    • Like Like x 4
  14. anonsoldier Member

Any chance we can get enturb.com to forward to the new format? It still forwards to forums.whyweprotest.net which is no longer valid. Yes, I'm just that lazy I don't want to change my bookmarks.
  15. WMAnon Member

That is some epic-level lazy
  16. I'll have to wait until I get to my home computer. I'm on the one at work and maybe that's part of the problem, the IT guys at my employment tend to make these things very hard to change in any way. I've actually come up with some good custom color combos, but am frustrated they aren't 'sticking'.

The phone scheme works OK though and seems to be better on my poor old eyes especially under office flourescents.
  17. Anonymous Member

Poppins owns enturb.com. It's a miracle it was still working 4 years later.
  18. WMAnon Member

Actually, I'm having some weird issues with it now, too. It's saving the changes on this page, but when I hit the what's new it bounces back to crazy bright blue. While we're on the subject, I'll also bring up the blinding highlight color on the alerts. White on pale yellow doesn't work, you'd think they'd get that right in a default skin :(
  19. anon walker Moderator

Sue warned you not to mess with that. You pulled it in with your tinkery ways.

I really hate this color scheme because too much blue, but I'd rather ugly screen than things that don't work.
  20. Ersatz Global Moderator

Default style works well for me. It is the same one I've been using the whole time. No change here.
    • Like Like x 3
  21. OTeleventy Member

Ya'll people are a bunch of fucking whiners. Call the whaaaaambulance. Or maybe the clambulance. Change. Get used to it.
    • Like Like x 4
  22. OK, got home and tried it out and it's holding the color settings I put in last night. Might just be the work computers. Oh, well, I'll just have to read the phone version there or something (get off the computer and get to work?!? Moi?).
    • Like Like x 1
  23. OK, this is weird. I changed the color scheme last night right after it went up. The values I set it to are still on most of my pages. I tried to lighten it just now. This page changes color but the others revert to my original changed scheme on all the other pages.
    • Like Like x 1
  24. WMAnon Member

The yellow highlight is part of the default: I didn't touch it because there's no way for me to. Just reporting bugs, not whining.
  25. Anonymous Member

what page were you on when you administered the changes. I had wins when making changes from the front page only.
    • Like Like x 1
  26. patriot75 Member

^^^I am having the same color problem, but I'm digging the new look.
    • Like Like x 1
  27. WMAnon Member

Oooh! I did that and it worked! Lookie!
    9lir2q.jpg.png
    • Like Like x 1
  28. BlooAnon Member

I like that we can personalize the colours. I'm not hating the new design. I think the front page could use a bit of reworking, but as a whole, it's not a terrible design, Sue. I do miss the other voting options for the posts.

I know that's not very useful feedback, but I know how hard it is to get a design that you like, let alone hundreds of others.
    • Like Like x 2
  29. Intelligence Member

It works well for me too once I found how to get to it. No problems at all.

• Like Like x 3
  30. Anonymous Member

I'm just gonna say it: fuck the old buttons.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  31. Anonymous Member

32. skeptic2girl Member

I feel like a jerk complaining, because I am so web illiterate, but I was loving the little expansion of the like/dislike post feedback...
    (Buttons)
    Please bring those back?
    Otherwise, do what you need to, carry on, and thanks for doing a great job!
  33. Intelligence Member

I figure I may as well, after years of same old B/W Avatar, add some colour too
    and brighten er up for a while - LOL :)
    • Like Like x 1
  34. White Tara Global Moderator

Change is as good as a holiday ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  35. Yes! That's the trick. Thanks! I had tried on a couple of pages and I might have been lucky to hit on that one.
    • Like Like x 1
  36. Puppetmama Member

Had a moment of WTF but once I figured out where everything was I was fine. I like the strong graphic look.
    • Like Like x 1
  37. rof Member

• Like Like x 3
  38. Anonymous Member

Is it just me being blind, or has the post game subforum vanished? Not the "Events -> Follow Up" one, but the "IRL Activism -> Postgame". The planning can still be seen under the new layout, but I can't see the post game one on the list.
  39. rof Member

Hey when did Europe turn regional?

All those people are like Canadians now.

[IMG]

(random canadian protestor from old newspaper not d0x)
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.