Customize

Oh my what is this!?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sue, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nevarmore Member

IF I were brand spanky new to the site, my first reaction would be the same as tl;dr, (too hard on the eyes, didn't linger) and I would leave in search of more immediate gratification. I am old, and I am lazy. I don't want to work hard for my forum experience. Life is hard enough without my WWP being complicated. The gray caters to my lazy. I like that. And... I am old enough to find the blue blocks and photo unnecessities to be hard on tired eyes. So, Sue's warning aside, I am on the default style out of preference. It will stay that way until/unless it's no longer available, at which time I probably will no longer visit.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Man.... thank god sue has a small army of user interface designers and sociologists at his disposal. If only he would listen.
  3. Quentinanon Member

We need change we can believe in. Wait, where have we heard that before?

change.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

Using a cell to surf... I didn't notice any change as I was already using the default style. Some of the buttons are gone for now but thats ok. It is A LOT easier to get on wwp these days. No more page not found or having to reset my cell, which for some reason helped.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Sonichu Moderator

Sorry, I had to dislike. I'm not a fan of Gangnam style
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Anonymous Member

Still here: https://whyweprotest.net/community/forums/post-game-reports.266/
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  8. Tourniquet Member

I have a hard time distinguishing between "Gangnam style" (never been there) and the Curly Shuffle, at least with the sound off... not to mention I don't care much for modern synthpop.
    /rant
    /derail
  9. RightOn Member

can't see the urls at all that you cut and paste from another post unless you highlight them?
    how will people (visitors) know they are there?
  10. nevarmore Member

11. hokum Member

It's broken if you browse with JavaScript disabled (as God intended).
  12. wolfbane Member

Ahhh! The default style sticks when done from preferences. While Metro is nice and flashy (props to Sue for being so cutting edge), there is so no place like home... methinks I will stick with default for a couple weeks until a few more tweaks are done and the kinky edges smoothed out with the new look.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. raboon Member

Looking better with every tweak.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. 35uu4x.jpg
  15. Mr. Magoo Member

I'm sure the new layout is something I will eventually get accustomed to and learn to love, so no big deal, but just want to put my two cents in:
    1. I am sticking with default style for now because I'm in my late 40's and my eyes are bad. I need the high contrast of the dark black type. The gray type is hard for this old fart to read.
    2. Please bring back all the different rating buttons -- they are much more fun than just like or dislike.

Keep up the good work and carry on.
    • Like Like x 4
  16. OTeleventy Member

I really miss the box-o-dumb.
    • Like Like x 4
  17. amaX Member

I made my primary color a deep coral red and my secondary color a green turquoisey color. After I recovered from my grand mal seizure I put on my welding goggles and all is well.
    • Like Like x 7
  18. It would be fine if i could actually see anything more than images, but it's all blank and white (except of images) and i have to do Ctrl+A to see, for example, thread or forum title, or what I'm actually writing. Sorry, but i had to use metro, cause i can't even see reply button.
  19. Anonymous Member

it ain't called Metro for nothing
  20. rof Member

fukkin WManon cant even put the sexual in metrosexual
  21. Thanks. I found the button and the (blue) nightmare is over.
    • Like Like x 1
  22. wolfbane Member

Your welcome. I was looking the customized color settings but fkme if I could find it. However, default feels just fine. :rolleyes:
  23. Anonymous Member

Top left.
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Anonymous Member

I second the motion on the font color. Not an old fart overall, but the eyes are another story.

Also, just for testing, I tried to see what things look like when you print a page. OMG - font size must be 3! Sue, can you fix that too?
  25. Anonymous Member

Why doesn't everyone who's whining about colours just click 'Metro' (bottom left corner) and then 'Default Style', and use the old style, if that's what they prefer?

RocketSurgery.jpg

I prefer the old style and so I'm using it. De gustibus non est disputandum - but you can choose whichever you personally prefer. So what's the problem?
  26. moarxenu Member

I second this opinion. I find the blue blocks the equivalent of glare in bright sunlight. I would like to see text in standard black and not grey. It is difficult to read on a small monitor and particularly if you have problems with your eyesight.
    • Like Like x 1
  27. moarxenu Member

It is not just a question of preferences for long time users. It is also a question of attractiveness to casual readers like journalists, who we want to have their attention rivetted and galvanized as well as for newfags.

The redesign has not yet successfully addressed these issues yet.
    • Like Like x 2
  28. Anonymous Member

The Gray customized skin is much easier on the eyes than the Blue.
    • Like Like x 1
  29. rof Member

• Like Like x 4
  30. rickybobby Member

Whew! Thanks! Went to preferences and found Default style!

I've discovered on my Mini that I like the new style INSIDE the forums (blue and all), but damn, the front Forum page still needs work. That sucker is haaaaaard to read. Too busy, chaotic and jumbled with those nauseating boxes. So for now, went back to the old style.

Me miss pretty buttons still.
    • Like Like x 1
  31. Horseradish Member

I still don't see it, after a heck of a lot of looking around.
    In which panel or menu? What is it next to?
  32. Anonymous Member

If you are talking about colour customisation HR, at the extreme top of the screen, The only way I could make it stick was by making the changes from the front page.
  33. Anonymous Member

I was looking up someone that was previously on the list close to 2000 and can not find the name. What's the answer to the problem?
  34. King Nerd Member

35. rickybobby Member

Now, here's where the funny button would be useful.

Hey! Sue! I've had two glasses of wine and I am in love with you!
    • Like Like x 1
  36. King Nerd Member

I always have, and always will drink wine.
    Sue had a problem, I never did.

Ninja edit: I quite like this ghost town and am considering donating Jewgoldz.
  37. rickybobby Member

I've had two glasses of wine, AMA.

(Oh god, I forgot this wasn't Reddit. Excuse me, I am going to bed.)
    • Like Like x 1
  38. King Nerd Member

And you fail.
    After Occupy, I'm no longer "Anonymous".
    But I drink a lot of wine, and troll.
    • Like Like x 1
  39. rickybobby Member

Sue! SUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEE................ I dream of YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.