Customize

Oh my what is this!?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sue, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1957c8ac9991.jpg ImpliedFacepalm.png
  2. Anonymous Member

Recent attachments.

Random attachments is ok also

can we have movies?
  3. sue Administrator

movies? as in recent videos?
  4. Incredulicide Member

While the wiki is down, how easy would it be to redirect all GETs of URLs beginning with
    Code:
    https://whyweprotest.net/wiki/
    to URLs with the same ending but instead beginning with
    Code:
    http://whyweprotest.wikia.com/wiki/
    ?
  5. Anonymous Member

I was just being goofy.
  6. Anonymous Member

Nice anonyverse movie channel here is not a bad idea. Links not hosted bandwidth monster. That and a recent pics gallery harvested from forum img links so we can quickly find cool entertaining stuff to tweet and post on facebook.
  7. Anonymous Member

I'm not a fan of "Random attachments" - I haven't found any of them to be interesting or useful.
  8. rickybobby Member

I kind of like the idea. Kind of weird, but fun.
  9. Anonymous Member

The Production Studio is full of pretty things, and would be more full if more people participated...
  10. Anonymous Member

Have to admit it's growing on me. My eyes would still appreciate darker text, however.

Also the 'Top' link doesn't work for me?
  11. sue Administrator

Okay, there's some bugs glitches and I've taken note of the numerous suggestions / requests for tweaks.

Here's what's going to happen under best circumstances: mid march the metro theme should be fully "responsive". Meaning it will support both desktop and mobile devices out of the box. Once that is done the theme can be modified to better fit wwp's needs. From there on bit by bit some development can be done, things like a better integrated wiki, event creation and frontpage.

The above of course will take some time, meanwhile it would be nice if we kept making the monthly goal -- it helps.
    • Like Like x 3
  12. leafs Member

just wanted to report that most of the forums is currently white letters on white ground for me - which makes it almost impossible to use. Sorry, if this has been answered before, but for the same reason I have trouble navigating. I can't see what I'm writing right now for example.
  13. A.O.T.F Member

Use the "Default Style" until everything is sorted - just sayin ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  14. The month is half over and we don't even have $200!

Donate

Monthly Bills

$190.00 USD / $500.00 USD
    $190.00 USD / $500.00 USD
  15. Good Job! We're over $300! Don't Stop Now!
    Donate

Monthly Bills

$311.00 USD / $500.00 USD
    $311.00 USD / $500.00 USD
  16. sue Administrator

It's not really helping when there's no links to actual threads that are reported to be broken. Keep in mind that a portion of the inbound links have been broken for now well over two years, there is also little to nothing that can be done about the latter.

Anyhow, reference to said urls would be helpful, there's also little stopping people from updating wikipedia with the proper url to content.
  17. Anonymous Member

thanks for the answer.
    Where do I do that though?Use " Customize"? Even if Isiolve that I think it's still an issue for guests when they cannot read the forums. White on white really really sucks.
  18. leafs Member

Sorry, replied anpnymously by accident.
  19. White Tara Global Moderator

Yeah it's not ideal, we all have to be a bit patient while the kinks are worked through. change to default if you wish bottom left corner click big metro button then click on default. I think but not entirely sure that it is best done from the front page for maximum stickability.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. A.O.T.F Member

If a guest may i suggest that one takes the plunge and Register. One will need to do this to achieve all the board has to offer. .. Once one has registered .. simply scroll to the bottom of the page and there you will see (Lower Left Hand Corner) Default Style ... simply click it to change. .. Hope that was of some help ;)

Update .. What White Tara said ^^
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Good idea, if all those guests registered and donated the sky would be the limit: Online now: 497 (members: 33, guests: 464)
  22. alex2y Member

Wow I hate the new theme so much, for reasons other people explained already. I appreciate all the work being done, but this style... you can do better than that.

I'm so glad there's still an option to have a usable forum style.
  23. Anonymous Member

I cannot see where to start a new thread? Please can someone direct me?
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  24. Anonymous Member

"Post New Thread", on the top left or bottom right.
  25. desudesuchan Member

phew.. found the "default".. metro was like some eldritch abomination of windows 8 smartphone vomit. that kid of crap only works on smartphones and touchscreens, yo. Some of us still use desktops.
    • Like Like x 3
  26. Anonymous Member

To do List:

1) Acquire kingdom
    2) Offer kingdom in exchange for getting back all of the agree/disagree, et al buttons and the list on each post of who rated what what
    • Like Like x 7
  27. The Wrong Guy Member

3) Profit
    4) Attain ultimate goal of rolling in hookers and donuts
    • Like Like x 6
  28. Anonymous Member

Ebejeepers! I had irl probs n have been away for a bit. My, wot a change i found. Lot's of work done, hats off to you.
  29. rickybobby Member

[agree]
  30. rickybobby Member

Yes, Because it's all about ME. And I WANT BUTTONS, DAMMIT.

BUTTONS. THEY MAKE ME FEEL GOOD.

They are a simple way of expressing yourself without all those pesky words.

[agree ]
    • Like Like x 7
  31. Anonymous Member

Yep, I also miss the Agree, Winner and List of those who have Liked/Disliked options.
  32. Thanks for this. Requoting it in case anyone else finds it useful too.
    • Like Like x 1
  33. Anonymous Member

Says the man using a guest ID.
  34. Anonymous Member

The arrow thing when posting quotes is cool, or possibly quoting posts.
  35. rickybobby Member

Um, what arrow thing?
    • Like Like x 1
  36. Anonymous Member

That's not new.
  37. How does I login?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.