Customize

Olé: Anonymous Symbol Over Madrid

Discussion in 'Freedom of Expression' started by Anonymous, May 26, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

Since this subforum seems to be a destination for "international" protest activity...

Inside the Spanish revolution
    Anonymous Symbol Over Puerto Del Sol, Madrid
    This is something that has been happening every day @ midnight since the occupation began.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Dragononymous Member

3. Anonymous Member

Ole ! indeed !
  4. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

gave me the chills. Beautiful.
  5. We have made history..We have started revolutions in egypt india and spain..and maybe the rest of europe. Hopefully the UK will follow. iBASTA!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Azote Member

Impressive. It is a powerful symbol, Spain will change in part thanks to Anonymous.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. im still stunned after i saw the anonymous symbol projected on a building..it blows me away
  8. Ann O'Nymous Member

Wrong on so many levels it is hard to mention them all. So, just a few to start:
    - Anonymous started none of the movements mentioned. It played a role, along other Internet-based groups.
    - What happened in India ?
    - Comparing Egypt with Spain is dubious.
    - What happens in Spain has strong political foundations. Not sure if Anonymous has something to gain from it.
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Anonymous Member

I agree with the rest; as for this
    Of course Anonymous is not responsible for what is happening in Spain, but someone or some group there has taken the imagery and used it, thereby becoming... Anonymous. In any case, I don't see what Anonymous has to lose from it.
  10. Dragononymous Member

Who cares if we have something to do with it or not, can't say you don't support the protesters right?
    Just a sign of support, and they liked it so what's the problem?
  11. Azote Member

"Something to gain"...? Since when Anonymous expects something in return? In fact, Anonymous is also the Spaniards who started the movement for some.
    Actually I do not think we "have made ​​history", but we've participated in all these countries there. (except India, I do not remember an Indian Anonymous activity...)
  12. Anonymous Member

The point you are missing it.
    More or less... I think.
  13. Dragononymous Member

Guide me
  14. Anonymous Member

51sXAhpTKuL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Dragononymous Member

Nice, American english
  16. Azote Member

Anyway, everything there we can conclude is that Anonymous is present in people's minds and helps them to continue their demonstrations, showing that the world is mobilized for them, even if it is less strong as for Egypt.
    Anonymous is a symbol.
    Anonymous is legion.
    Regardless, all we have to do here is be proud of what we are (what Anonymous is) and have done and continue to do this once in Spain.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Dragononymous Member

That's what I tried to say, yet apparantly my American English ain't good enough to explain it all to everyone
  18. We did our part by telling their governments we won't let the people not get access to social networking sites. So yeah we kinda did
  19. Ann O'Nymous Member

Their political views are typical of the European "left of the left". IMHO, Anonymous should avoid being associated with any specific political orientation, whatever it is.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Azote Member

The situation in Spain is more critical than in France for example, where political groups are clearly involved.
    There, the problem is social, the actions of Anonymous are also clearly separated from political actions of the left, there as well.
  21. Anonymous Member

Many spanish Anonymous supported from the beginning the 15th May movement, as it began when Sinde Law (internet censorship) was passed (#Op Goya). After that, the spanish IRC anonymous group, gave support to an initiative #nolesvotes , asking people not to vote for the political parties that passed the bill (PSOE, PP y CiU). All collectives (very heterogeneus) involved in this initiative (among them Anonymous) and another one called DRY (real democracy now), decided to call for pacific public demontrations in all spanish cities on May the 15th. After the Madrid demonstration, an independent group(not related to anonymous or #nolesvotes) decided to camp in a public square called Sol. They were evicted and then as retaliation, and organized thru FB and TW,people not related to #nolesvotes stablished a camp in each spanish city. Many anonymous are giving support to this and others are really pissed at it. As example, yesterday Official twetter acount of the Barcelona hippies campers was hacked by some anonymous. These heroes guise sent several nice messages.
    as you say: "...Anonymous should avoid being associated with any specific political orientation, whatever it is... " (mainly anarchists).
    • Like Like x 1
  22. I love how they erupt in cheers when the Anonymous crest comes on the wall. I still cant believe we're truly leaving our mark in history.
  23. Anonymous Member

Did you mean you can't believe Anonymous is NOT leaving a mark in history. Or you can't believe they are?
  24. I cant believe they are, and how much impact all the factions are having in the world. One day when my children open their social studies books in school in the future i hope, no i know that what anonymous has done and will continue doing will be written in there, and when they ask me about these revolutionaries that changed the course of history along with many others, i can tell them i was one of the few who took a stand so that their world would be a more free transparent place, where accountability is held in the highest standard for ever aspect of society.
  25. Anonymous Member

I thought you hated children...
  26. I wouldn't say hate them just don't have patience for them, but that does not mean I won't work as hard as I can till I die to make sure that future children grow up in a world of truth, peace and accountability, where they can be free to speak their minds with out fear of censorship or harassment.
    BTW I don't have kids yet, I was just being melodramatic. Hehehehe <3
  27. Anonymous Member

I love the little wavey hand thing you were all doing at the beginning
  28. If you look at the comments on YT I think someone explains what they mean.
  29. Hi, I'm an spanish anonymous, and as other members of this fosrum say, the 15-M movemente (also called as real democracy now) is not started by anonymous, but in fact a lotof anonymous are supporting this movement at the streets and in the internet.
    I think that this movement fight against the same enemies than us, so whe have to help them.
  30. Ann O'Nymous Member

I have no problem with PP and PSOE.
  31. Anonymous Member

I'm sure Anon Español appreciates your giving the go ahead.
  32. Are you sure? they have developed the Sinde law, an obvious attack to the freedom on the internet, the sema topic (the freedom on the internet) that all Anonymous defend
    • Like Like x 1
  33. Ann O'Nymous Member

Agreed, but there is a difference between criticizing parties for voting a specific law and asking people not to vote for the political parties that passed the bill, IMHO.
  34. In my opinion, that political parties are involved in some acts of corruption, while the conutry is trying to overcome the crisis. Obviously this political parties are not transparent in their finances, which I think is one of the things we defend
  35. The main problem in Spain is that those called "los indignados", the other day were in front of the Catalonian Parliament insulting politicians and even trying to beat them. Although the ideals of the "15-m" movement are justified, violence is not. "Practice what you preach".
  36. Anonymous Member

Amazing. AMERICA???WHEN?
    • Like Like x 1
  37. Ananassas Member

15th July?
  38. Ananassas Member

Also, it was beautiful.
  39. Anonymous Member

When is Italy?