Customize

On making the Scientology Purification Rundown safe and acceptable

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by CommunicatorIC, Mar 24, 2014.

1. On making the Scientology Purification Rundown safe and acceptable.

From the Independent Scientology blog Possibly Helpful Advice. Despite the title that will be objectionable to some, the article has some good analysis.

On making the Purification Rundown safe and acceptable
    http://possiblyhelpfuladvice.com/?p=16802

Excerpt:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Disambiguation Global Moderator

The purification rundown can not be made safe, it isn't scientifically based. Victims think it is based on science so they think they are being treated, this means they do not get the appropriate treatment.
    It's like high colonics ( remember that?)
    • Like Like x 7
  3. Budd Member

This "scientific" study only surveyed two people?
    • Like Like x 3
  4. And published neither the underlying data nor any other results, only some graphs.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. They learnt this from Miscavige. I am a little surprised the graphs aren't bursting through the top
    • Like Like x 2
  6. The Internet Member

So micrograms per milliliter is the proper order of magnitude for measuring drug residues in both sweat and urine?

Why did God give humans kidneys when the skin is so good and pissing out metabolites?

Protip: Do not hug anybody because eww.

I hope Forest Tennant has been stripped of his board certification and his medical license for being dangerously stupid.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. It takes on the average 30 to wash out cocaine from when you stop it, so meh on purif results. The brain lights up in the area related to addictions for over a year, even when there is no measurable drug so the Narconon lack of follow up is fail.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. The comments from that Possibly Helpful Advice piece.

Anita Warren on March 24th, 2014

David, I deliver the Purification Program on a regular basis. I was trained in the Co$ as a supervisor and as a Purif C/S. I love delivering the program and I get great results. I also C/S the program for other Purif Supervisors at a distance. I do it “by the book” except for obvious things that don’t seem appropriate anymore. I consult with the client so he/she helps with the decision making process of what we are doing and why. I always get a “doctor’s approval” before starting anyone on the program. I want you to know that the program is still alive and well. We don’t run it robotically. We use good judgement and understand the clients are unique individuals. Anita Warren LifeIntegrityCenter.com

irser on March 25th, 2014

I tried to copy and paste the name of that so-called research institute on their webpage, but Scientology somehow crippled my right mouse button. Whoever they are they don’t have a website or notable non-Scientology web presence.

PlainOldThetan on March 25th, 2014

You can’t cut-and-paste the name of the Research Center out of the graphic. There’s a link in the blog post as well as text in the blog post that can be cut-and-pasted. I don’t think the omnipotent mysterious Scientology Inc has hijacked your mouse button.

PlainOldThetan on March 25th, 2014

Anita: I don’t have any doubts of the efficacy and safety of the Purification Rundown if delivered by the book by properly trained personnel.
    The problem that I see is that uninformed and untrained personnel can deliver it improperly, introducing doubts about the program as a whole. Other uninformed people look in Wikipedia and comment on the Purif based on Wikipedia’s statements about niacin’s toxicity without realizing that a person on the Purif is drinking gallons of water every day, washing any excess of the water-soluble vitamin (niacin) overboard.
    If “liver toxicity” could be a problem, the “church” could put to rest any concerns about it by conducting a properly run scientific/medical study and broadly publishing the results. Such a study would include liver function tests before, during, afer, and two weeks after the sauna/niacin exposure for every person on the study.

Rine on March 25th, 2014

I’m convinced the Purif is not for everyone because each body responds differently to the standard program.
    From personal experience I think some people need another version of it or another type of detox program. Some bodies do not like vitamins taken in pure form, I don’t know why.
    Very important the point made about adequate testing, vital I’d say.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. The Internet Member

Those words should cause all sorts of cognitive dissonance and alarm bells inside the head of Anita Warren. She should be asking herself,

1. Why do the purif “by the book”?
    2. How do we understand which aspects of the purif are appropriate and which are not?

This is why medical researchers need to be embeded within a community of peers who can say, “wtf?” and ask hard questions whenever they think of them. The peers need to be protected from fears of retaliation or political pressure. They need to agree that hard questions are a good idea and not something mean.

Right now, more and more of the medical profession seems to be surrendering to egofaggotry. Egofaggotry is, “I’m a big cheese and I know what I am talking about. I do not need published controlled studies so fuck off.”

I know this lady is a Scientologist, but her way of thinking is becoming normal now that MDs are lining up to get board certified in “integrative medicine.” Seriously, there is a waiting list for that.

America has apparently asked the FDA not to do its job because it is mean to patients who want to trust egofaggot doctors. I really hope America wakes up and asks the FDA to shut down people who do not have the proper studies to back their claims.
    • Like Like x 4
  10. There are a few things there that I noticed.

From Plain Old Thetan (nice enough guy but...)

It sounds like he is saying it is OK to take that much Niacin since drinking gallons of water washes out a lot of the Niacin.

The first thing one thinks of is, ''If so -- Why take all that Niacin in the first place?''

Although I am sure he would say that all that water is for sweating and pissing out the toxins, therefore all that Niacin is needed because most of it gets washed out.

He sounds like a nice guy but this is very disappointing coming from him.
    • Like Like x 3
  11. The Internet Member

No the Church of Scientology absolutely could not do such a study because they do not understand that Dead Agent is the wrong way to settle disputes.

Scientologists do not understand that in science, your hypothesis is a guess which is going to be wrong a lot. A lot. Scientists need to be ready to say, “well that therapy doesn’t work so time to chuck it.” Scientologists do not do that. They fail at science before they even start.

In science, you bend over backwards to make critics feel safe to air their concerns. If you are wrong, you need to know so you can change direction. Being wrong is no shame. It is normal.

I was just reading about the Burzynski Clinic’s attack dog, Marc Stephens, who went around trying to frighten scientists for expressing criticism of Dr. Burzynski’s chemotherapy methods. Good doctors like cancer researcher Dr. David Gorski had a bunch of Burzynski’s patients write to his university complaining about him and trying to get him fired. This is how Scientology behaves.

Most scientists are shy people who can’t deal with political dirty tricks. So this dead agent tech puts America in crisis when it happens within science.
    • Like Like x 5
  12. tinfoilhatter Member

We have an article in the narcon intel dump linking niacin to hepatitis. Have you guys heard about any unusually high rates of this or other diseases form current or former scilons who have done the purif?
    • Like Like x 1

13. I did the purif and I am glad I came out healthy and and alive. Same goes for the people I was on the program with. That was years ago. Maybe we did it wrong and maybe we were lucky. Gee, I am glad I am out of the cult.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. tinfoilhatter Member

Its not just hepatitis, its also kidney failure too.We keep stumbiling on articles linking too much niacin to a whole mess of nasty health problems.
  15. The Internet Member

Magnesium is bad if you have kidney problems.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. tinfoilhatter Member

Is magnesium another vitamin they give? I keep forgetting that its a whole slew of stuff. This is how the whole narconon project keeps ballooning. Thankfully, if we keep up with the whole organization and information gathering process, we should have enough stuff for any type of major operation we want to do.
  17. The Internet Member

image.jpg

What is the Drug Bomb?

It has been discovered that in order to reduce the aftermaths of breaking in the body, it’s necessary to take an effective vitamin complex, which we have called Drug-bomb (the name literally means "bomb against drugs").

When someone stops taking drugs, it is recommended to give drug-bomb four times per day, approximately every six hours. It should not be taken on an empty stomach, because it can cause burns of the mucous membrane. Drug-bomb must be offered after a meal, or with yogurt, and better if it is taken between meals. A dose of vitamins should be taken with great care - so that they do not hurt the mucous membrane of the digestive tract otherwise it could cause ulcers of the duodenum (the upper portion of the intestine), and the patient will not be able to continue the treatment.

People who take drugs, are usually in terrible physical condition; therefore, all the down vitamins should be provided as tablets with the corresponding protective shell that dissolves in the intestine. This means that the capsules should be covered with a special shell that dissolves slowly, and as a result of it, the vitamins do not damage the sensitive upper mucosal digestive tract damage. As a final recommendation, the vitamins as powder can be in taken with milk.

Drug Bomb consists of:

1000 milligrams of niacinamide (not nicotinic acid). This helps counteract any mental disturbance.
    5000 IU of vitamin A.
    400 IU of vitamin D.
    800 IU of vitamin E.
    2000 milligrams of vitamin C.
    500 milligrams of magnesium carbonate (to make the vitamin C effective).
    25 milligrams of B6.
    200 milligrams of B complex.
    300 milligrams of B1.
    100 milligrams of pantothenic acid.

This formula should be given four times a day while a person is coming off drugs, roughly every six hours.

You can find Vitamis here

More information you can find here

Go to top

Copyright © 2011 Narconon Europe. All Rights Reserved. NARCONON and the Narconon logo are trademarks and service marks owned by the Association for Better Living and Education International and are used with its permission.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 2
  19. So you made up this highly offensive word and then just feel like it's completely appropriate to just throw it up on discussion forums like it's no big deal?

Rude. Offensive. Bigot.

I can't take anything seriously with this indie crowd...I see so much hatred and judgment coming from here, I'm wondering why I ever thought scientology was a way to happiness if so many people on these discussion forums are so clearly miserable.

Reading comments from independent scientologists has pushed me away from scientology more than the obsessive phone calls and mail from the org.
    Mynameoryourname
    This message by Mynameoryourname has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  20. Anonymous Member

Butthurt faggot!
    • Like Like x 1
  21. The Internet Member

Hello PR flunkie with Google Alerts. We are not independent Scientologists.

I am sorry you have such a suckie job. But hey at least you get to work from home.
    • Like Like x 2
  22. Indies seem to forget the purpose of the purif is not for physical gains, but for some nebulous "spiritual gains" so scientology auditing can supposedly work better on the pc.

No safe way to do the purif, IMO.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. moxie Member

What is this gibberish ( above in red ) supposed to mean?

PS: The "Purif" cannot ever be made safe or effective and continue to stand as a step in Hubbard Narconon brainwash. It is thoroughly medically dangerous. It poisons and then controls the participant by rendering them weak, sick, exhausted and willing to do anything to end the sauna hell. Unfortunately the end of "Purif" only leads to the next step in Scientology's indoctrination hell.
    • Like Like x 3