Customize

OP "dumb phone"

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by tinfoilhatter, Mar 24, 2014.

1. tinfoilhatter Member

It strikes me that the lynchpin of the NSA operation seems to be smart phones. Smart phones are big money now these days, due to their increasing popularity and all the nice features that they have.

But they are also expensive. Despite this drawback, or maybe because of it, smart phones are the cash cows for a lot of major companies.

So i propose a simple op that would punch everyone in the nuts or worse, the wallet.

We promote the use of cheaper, less advanced feature phones. There are several advantages to using them, one of which is that they tend to be cheaper.

If the op works, then the major companies will complain about the NSA costing them business and money, and this would hopefully slow down or kill the program.

However, i am not to familiar with non-smart phones, despite owning one.

Hence why i put this thread in the think tank.

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas on how to make this op happen and be effective, anyone have any experience with how the older phones operate? Can they be tracked. So far, i have not found any information on the internet on the capabilities that the nsa has on tracking and monitoring older phones, but i am not too familiar with the technical side of cell phones to know what to look for.
  2. If you want to use a "cellphone" use a "burner". ALL others will have been compromised. If you don't want to be tracked,traced,and recorded .. DON'T USE CELLPHONES .. Period.
  3. Anonymous Member

Whoah man. I don't think you could convince many people who can and want to afford a smartphone to buy the cheaper cellphone. It's not a matter of cost, features, usability or shit. It's about bragging rights. You have the newest smartphone, you're playa. Or sth. You has the older one, you're not cool, even if all the features are the same.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. tinfoilhatter Member

that's why i posted this in the think tank.

My hunch is that the only way prism will get shut down is if there is some sort of economic retaliation. Until someone finds something that will hit in the wallet, nothing will happen. Nothing.

I never understood the phone bragging rights thing. Most smart phones i have seen have broken screens because the fucktards do not know how to take care of their stuff.
  5. Andy Downs Member

Does anyone know where to get an Open Source phone in the US?
  6. Disambiguation Global Moderator

7. Andy Downs Member

If you have an Android phone check this ap out I just found.
    Whisper Systems has an Open Source encrypted phone ap and texting.
    https://whispersystems.org/
  8. Andy Downs Member

I am downloading this now. If anyone wants to do the same and call me to see if it works, I am game. PM me for number