Customize

Op-ed Letter campaign: "Don't overlook the good Scientology does"

Discussion in 'St Petersburg Times expose' started by RHill, Aug 7, 2009.

1. RHill Member

2. Ersatz Global Moderator

Re: Letter campaign: "Don't overlook the good Scientology does"

That totally makes up for all of the bad things they have done!. What was I thinking?
  3. RHill Member

If anyone care, I picked this one on Bing News.

Yahoo News does well overall on reporting Scientology-related news, but hadn't pick this one yet.

Google News is busy reporting on Will and Jada kinky sex life and spitting an unending stream of Scn PR materials...
  4. PAnonA Member

I guess they just don't wanna look biased in any way.. =/
  5. Ogsonofgroo Member

Hm, why does all this remind me of soldiers (pick some) giving kids candy and photo-ops after bombing the livin' shit outta their town?

As if there is really anything that can make an excuse for the insanity ol' Flubbernutz created in his warped and twisted excuse for a mind, GAH!

'Oh, we gave some crap to poor kids last year, so ignore the thousands we've totally pillaged and fucked over for more than 50 years.'

Mmmm k?

oi.
  6. Uncle Bruce Member

It occurs to me that if you are going to write a letter to a newspaper complaining about a story they published it might be a good idea to first read the god damned story! All the letters to the editor complain about the paper trashing "my religion" when they did no such thing. It is obvious that most if not all of the pro cult writers did not read the story because they were ordered not to. As far as "all they have done for Clearwater" they couldn't have picked a better line to piss people off. Everyone around here knows about the way they tried to infiltrate and undermine the local government in the eighties, and the way they have killed downtown since then. I'm hearing rumors that another story is in the works, perhaps this Sunday, and all they have accomplished with their bull shit mailing is to insure more people read it. The SP Times should offer to help them with the cost of their next mailing.
  7. the anti Member

i don't know, i feel the more you try to prove how good or great you are, the more sinister your actual intentions
  8. Anonynamefag Member

Christmas? You mean the wog holiday that centers around a dude that LRH said didn't exist and was a pedophile, and a religion that was born from alien movie theaters?

Aww, how thoughtful! Thanks, Scilons!
  9. T.W.C_Anon Member

Should me perhaps send some harpoons to the editor exposing and rebutting this obvious silon faggotry.
    These obvious shill letters for the CULT makes me want to barf.
  10. Anonymous Member

Yes, the birth AND the resurrection of a non-existent pedo

Scientology is simply the AWESOMEST!
  11. Anonymous Member

Why yes, you should.
  12. BlooAnon Member

I enjoy my implanted beliefs. The occations are full of chocolate and presents and free salvation.

Beats Xenu Day any day of the week, though on Xenu day, you get to put eggs in the microwave and watch them explode, or break the mircowave. Either way, something goes kaplooie.
  13. Anonymous Member

I went to look at this [damn you OP] and saw a huge scientology. org ad banner on the page. Grrrrr. I'm tired of seeing those damn ads, they are everywhere.

Anyhooo, I wrote a letter to the Editor about it. Deleted my stuff out >.<

To whom it may concern,

I just wanted to know if someone could tell me if your company uses Google Adsense for your site? Because scientology is being discussed on your site, I guess, you guys have a huge 'scientology.org' flashing ad at the very top of your screen. (Also, another smaller one on the right hand side half way down the page)

Other sites/blogs have requested Google get rid of scientology ads on their sites. lol {that would be a good story, lol}

Also, I just wanted to say I think it is so great that you guys (and gals) at the Times stood up and published a story about scientology. They should not get away with crime in the name of religion. That's ridiculous.

Nathan Baca High-Ranking Scientology Official Explains 'Anonymous' Booklet, Videotaped Arrest - KESQ.com Palm Springs, Coachella Valley - Weather, News, Sports: is a reporter out in California who did a great series about scientology just a few months ago. It about the "Int Base", Gold Base, where the interviewees for your story on scientology worked for so many years. Some people have stories of trying to escape that place. These stories need to be told. Again, thank you so much.

Sincerely,

PS If you publish this anywhere *Please* do not publish my name and hometown, I really don't want the scientologists having it. Thanks.
  14. OSA Member

Your concern is noted,
    but we believe information was meant to be free.
  15. Anonymous Member

My what big eyes you have.
  16. Smurf Member

I love the ending of her comment.. "

Why don't you start reporting on the awesome results of these groups rather than attacking a religion that you obviously know nothing about?"

Clueless, idiot Scilon repeating the same garbage that every Scilon attempts to defend thermselves with.

What Pamela Csira Ryan Anderson (another one of those Scilons that have problems staying married to the same husband) fails to mention is she's been the point person for WISE in Clearwater for a decade now.

Pam Ryan Anderson - Scientology Service Completions | Truth About Scientology Statistics Project

Anyhoo, it is no secret that these "good works" are nothing more than cleverly coordinated exercises that can provide the cult good media coverage, which their propaganda spin masters can milk for all its worth. They are all self-serving acts that have nothing to do with "caring" for the community.

Hopefully, there will be a day that Pamela Ryan & her ilk will grow a brain and see the cult for what it really is.
  17. A.Non Hubbard Member

Re: Op-ed Letter campaign: "Don't overlook the good Scientology does"

**WARNING** Cult apologist zone. Cut from the same cloth that brought you such ethically-deprived "scholars" as James R. Lewis and Gordon Melton, the latest "I'm-not-a-Scientologist-but-I-have-a-degree-so-I-know-more-than-Scientologists-about-Scientology" comes from a noob apologist named Robert King.

I can find very little about this Robert King to check his "qualifications". I found three of books on Christian theology published once per decade since the 80s.

I cannot understand the connection between Christian theology and Scientology, but I can understand Scientologists looking up a "scholar" on their short list they haven't pissed off already from constant nagging to defend them.
  18. Uncle Bruce Member

As to the cults "good works", Al Capone opened soup kitchens during the depression and Hitler visited wounded veterans.
  19. basil Member

It's because people have investigated and know about Scientology, that these stories get written.

Most of us have read more Scientology literature than most Scientologists, because we get it free.

Yes, they may appear to do 'good works' for the community - but with what goal? To appear legitimate, to infiltrate other organisations to promote Scientology, and to push Dianetics, courses and suchlike.

LRH wrote that basically giving 'something for no return' was 'out ethics'. If you do something for someone, then you must expect to get something in return. They don't do these things because they "want" to, they're simply "postulating" for results.
  20. BigBeard Member

And when a little scrutiny is placed on those "good works", how many times has it turned out to actually taking credit for someone elses work? E.g., photo-ops of a VM handing out food actually collected by another group.

BigBeard
  21. AnotherRIAnon Member

It's even got a I'm not a Scientologist but... comment lol.

Edit. WTF is a Master of Divinity?
  22. Anonymous Member

It's a college degree in Christian theology from a seminary. It's like a BA and Masters rolled into one.
  23. Re: Letter campaign: "Don't overlook the good Scientology does"

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Re: Op-ed Letter campaign: "Don't overlook the good Scientology does"

fix't

does anyone ever point out to the Vulture Minions (VM) that what there are doing is Out Exchange ?
  25. Anonymous Member

As if VMs provide anything of value
  26. xenubarb Member

They provide slick, glossy toilet paper in handy tear-out booklets!
  27. timthephoto Member

simply a scilon shill, i agree with Smurf ^^.

Ron-bot programming: where all packets sent from any IP than one get diverted to null file
  28. Anonymous Member

29. Anonymous Member

30. Anonymous Member

He's the S&M King who slaps around the divine at Nortre Dame.
  31. Sponge Member

Slick and glossy toilet paper? Dat sounds like a "smear campaign".
    /rimshot
  32. Anonymous Member

Looks like:

33. Anonymous Member

34. Sponge Member

How can someone openly boast so many qualifications and then be so intellectually dishonest, wilfully ignorant and totally failing at critical thinking?
  35. Anonymous Member

[IMG]
  36. Anonymous Member

As per his blog, he is very much against abortion, except when it comes to coerced abortions by Scientology it appears.
  37. Ersatz Global Moderator

I found this Robert King, a former writer for the St. Pete Times. Not saying that it is the same guy, it is a fairly common name.

IndyStar.com | Thou Shalt | The Indianapolis Star
  38. Sponge Member

Not the same guy as the Mr.ZOOOMFG-Qualifications one posted ealier. His photo is on the righthand side of that blog.
  39. Ersatz Global Moderator

Yes, but I like the Indy Stars Robert King much better.
  40. auchraw Member

Because he's a Christian?? Or is that another symptom of his intellectual dishonesty and lack of critical thinking? He isn't really educated in any real sense.