Customize

Op-ed letter/press release

Discussion in 'Jett Travolta' started by Anonynamefag, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Mutante Member

Re: It cannot be ignored, we need a press release, now.

Bitch, I pretty much agree with most of what you say about making statements and formalizing them as press releases except for timing. Anonymous has been wise to feed the press (we have done that very well so far, 10/10) and leaving speculation to TV shows and tabloids without goofing the floof and looking like a pack of ambulance chasers. We have Fox News for that.

My view is anonymous should maintain a strict air gap between a) condolences b) factual statements about Scientology vs medicine.

Condolences - Google for 'Jett condolence' and write nice harpoons on all the websites you find if you want to do that

Scientology vs medicine - if there's going to be video(s) and press packs or even a formal press statement then stick to evidence without judgemental commentary because we have all the facts on this and they are 100% damning and sensational on their own.
  2. themadhair Member

Seen the title of this thread and thought faggotry.

Read through the thread and confirmed said faggotry. The press are doing an awesome job and NONE OF IT can be dismissed as anon propaganda.

Barring some autopsy revelation I think this story has dome whatever damage it was ever capable of doing.
  3. sefewet Member

i can try to contact someone i know that is with the press, but only one thing i dont know if its world wide then after that...

another thing if its possible what precisely should i say?
  4. Mutante Member

I recommend you take the advice given to you when you announced yourself as 'new here' and lurk moar for a while.
  5. cubby Member

listen to this
  6. Re: It cannot be ignored, we need a press release, now.

I think a better approach is to make sure information associated with dispensing the lies handed out by the cult to the media is very easily found via google. The cult is going to be trying to cover this flap with socially acceptable talking points, (also known as lies).

Re this article (lies bolded by me):

By Courtney Hazlett
    The Scoop
    msnbc.com
    updated 9:31 p.m. ET, Mon., Jan. 5, 2009

Bahamian officials determined it was a seizure that caused Jett Travolta’s sudden death, but there have been a number of outspoken critics of Scientology claiming that the church’s practices might have played a part in how the Travolta family cared for their son.

In response to the claim that the family might not have sought appropriate, conventional medical treatment for Jett’s seizures, Tommy Davis from Scientology International says that simply isn’t allowed under Scientology practices.

“Scientologists seek conventional medical treatment for medical conditions. Scientologists use prescription drugs when physically ill and also rely on the advice and treatment of medical doctors. The church does not involve itself in the diagnosis or classification of any medical condition,” says Davis.

(If you’re wondering how the church’s stance might apply to Tom Cruise’s now-infamous argument with Matt Lauer of the use of anti-depressants, Davis points out, “That centered around a psychological diagnosis, not a medical diagnosis, there’s a distinction.”)

Scientology hasn’t issued a statement specifically aimed at the Travolta family’s loss, but did offer up the following clarification regarding death and funerals within the church. Because many erroneous reports concerning church practices are taking away from the real tragedy, it seems fair to get Scientology’s stance out there so that the debate may end.

On the subject of death, Davis says, “In Scientology, we believe that you have lived before and that you will live again. The spirit, which is you, is immortal and you are not your body. You as an individual are an immortal spiritual being and simply put, you have lived before and will live again, lifetime after lifetime. In Scientology, these past existences are simply referred to as past lives.”

On the funeral service, Davis says, “The Scientology funeral service celebrates the life of the person who has departed his body. Friends and family have the opportunity to say goodbye, to acknowledge and thank the person for what he or she has done in this lifetime, and to wish them well as they move on to their next lifetime. The service is a reaffirmation of the knowledge that we are immortal spiritual beings.”

Now, we already have every single person in the entire world who has experienced Kawasaki syndrome knowing that the CO$ shit is a lie, every single parent with an autistic child, every or most all autistic and aspy's in the world knowing the CO$ shit is a lie, that's way more people knowing the cult is a lie than before Jett prematurely passed away. We need to make sure that the people who do not yet KNOW the cult is a lie are able to easily and quickly google key terms found in the news articles to "find out for themselves" are able to do so. I see the "people who know the cult is a lie" group growing exponentially faster now.

BTW WTF is it with the huge discrepancy in the news articles, one day he's got a broken nose and a bump on his head and horrific liver damage from psych drugs, the next day his body is pristine and he merely died of a seizure caused by Kawasaki syndrome...(which does not cause seizures...and is a disease of children 2-8 easily cured by aspirin and blood transfusions and has no long-lasting effects...) HOW is it possible they are getting away with this shit?
  7. Re: It cannot be ignored, we need a press release, now.

tl; dr
  8. anonakatie Member

Yes I agree we should not be sending out a press release re: Jett.

But if anything goes out, it should be as a response to Tommy Davis's lies -"look how he is using this poor kid to lie about and push the agenda of Scientology".

We should be responding at least singly to his lies.
  9. terryeo2 Member

I think we SHOULD send out a press release on this, but not directly about Jett. This release should be a rebuttal of the cult's falsehood-ridden PR, and lay out the facts about the cult's stance on medication.

We should have done a response PR on Saturday, or whenever the cult released their falsehoods. Understandably a bunch of Anons were still on break for the holidays. Now we're all back and we can take this opportunity to make sure that the cult does NOT get the last word in this.
  10. misskittie Member

Have a look at this....Whoops! Browser Settings Incompatible

Press are onto that shit, its no longer a matter of who will print the real story of what is going on, its when. And Anonymous are credited as a source. Yahey!

If someone else has posted this in the myriad of threads on this subject, then cocks etc! :D

EDIT: Ignore name of link, I swear it's to the Daily Telegraph!
  11. sefewet Member

i am only trying to help some more because i also have some connections with higher people and someone of the press to.

i dont mean it that bad, and its not that personal i didnt say any names...
    so then whats the problem?
  12. terryeo2 Member

sefe: Lets get a good PR done first, before we worry about who to send it out to.
  13. Chaotic Eris Member

I must be honest. This is perhaps the greatest chance we have to alert the public to the threat of declining medication through Scientology, but at the cost of seeming like a crowd of vultures...

I agree. Tread lightly...
  14. Re: It cannot be ignored, we need a press release, now.

This is a really really really bad idea, and I wash my hands of it. Yes you cry, but you are only one person, you are of no importance. Correct. But I felt I should make my stance clear. We just literally sent a mass press release, and its going to start (or in some places, continue) to sound like a broken record if we send out another one. Journalists will just add us to the ignore list.

What do you expect to achieve? Any media outlet that is going to link Scientology to this (the slightly less timid organisations) has already done so. The measure for me is The Times (London, not NYC). Today, the print version of the times contained an article linking scientology to Jetts death. Thats it. Doesnt get any better. No need for a press release. I wont be circulating it
  15. Mutante Member

A brief Scientology vs Medicine press pack - modelled after the Gold Pack - for future media researchers and those impacted by autism/epilepsy, fine. The WWP situation room has done its job but has now become a diffuse cloud of tl;dr.

Jett will not be the last. Creating some persistent content would get my vote and input. So GET IN HERE!!!
  16. Re: It cannot be ignored, we need a press release, now.

^ I can cope with that, an info pack for future reference. I really dont think we should be sending out stuff to the press though
  17. churchlady Member

Do we know Bruce Hines? He was just interviewed on KCAL channel 9 in LA giving a detailed description of a scilon funeral, and what happens to the thetan when the body dies. There was also an interview with someone named Kent or something.

Boy. This sure makes scientology look kooky. But it's what they really believe!!!!
    The media is doing our work for us.
  18. Mutante Member

[IMG]
  19. Skeptic1337 Member

Hey I was ignoring this thread.

What do we need a press release about?

Or is the press release so people ignore this thread?

Help a brother out here.
  20. themadhair Member

Welcome back. (And I mean that in a good way)
  21. terryeo2 Member

I think we should do SOMETHING!!!

Do you really want to let Tommy Davis get away with all of those BS statements? Stop being pussies and be on the offensive for a change! We need to launch a harpoon against this cult's lies, not sit here and pretend that the media is going to get the story right!
  22. anonoblong Member

Why hello thar, a few words

Looks like we have a lot of viewers in this forum this fair eve.

Just wanted to give a shout out to the Scilons, OSA Failons, the Press, the Public, the moralfags, and other fags.

re: the idea of doing a press release from Anon about the Jett situation or the comments made by tommyfail, LMP, etc.

Don't bother. Man the poons and stay on target. Also from reading around a lot of you really suck at press releases. Responding to those idiots in a PR way gives them credibility, instead, point and counter point and p00n the fuck out of it and move on.

If you are worried about Anon's image I would check youtube for the riverside bullshit that got posted today and /r/ some responses to that bullshit because the big black PR brush of the chans isn't going to go away.

anyway love you fags

glad to be back.
  23. Anonynamefag Member

Exactly! This entire idea was to give a rebuttal to Tommy Davis' bullshit. He's lying through his teeth, and anyone who knows anything about Scientology knows that.

We can't ignore it. We MUST bring the facts out, so that we can make the Scilons look guilty of negligence AND lying. Bawwww-ing about timing will only delay our response, and in situations like this, the iron isn't hot for very long. We must [COLOR="Red"]ACT NOW[/COLOR], before the feeding frenzy is over.

Without further ado... my rough draft so far:

Sources:

Kawasaki Disease: No Link to Travolta Death
  24. Snake Member

almost 24 hours later and nothing done :p

Come on guys! It doesn't have to be perfect
  25. Anonynamefag Member

If someone can fix up the sources, we're good to go.
  26. anonoblong Member

Re: Why hello thar, a few words

srs

newfags and oldfags

respond to that shit and give up this dumbass fail idea of putting out newsletters

we aren't the fucking PTA
  27. Anonynamefag Member

Needs moar making sense, plz.
  28. anonoblong Member

we do what we do

we poon the scilons

we do not, repeat, do not give fluffy "oh shi- sorry your retard dide speaches".. we are not OCBM we don't do cease fires..STAY ON TARGET

that makes sense?
  29. Anonynamefag Member

What the fuck, I never said we do a ceasefire. Where did that come from?

But the fact is, if we are going to make a long, organized rebuttal of the bullshit
    Tommy Davis is spewing, we need to do it without making us out to be bigger assholes than the cult. It's called PR.

If we do come off as asshats, then, at best, they will dismiss us as immature faggots, and at worst, sympathize with the cult.

Which would you prefer?
  30. anonoblong Member

no

making us out to be bigger assholes?

bigger asshole than what?

^^ than that?

check yourself nigger
  31. terryeo2 Member

anonoblog: This IS harpooning, just harpooning in the language that the media understands. The media likes having 'official' press releases from 'spokespersons,' etc. While we need to stay true to the fact that no one can truly be a spokesperson for Anon, we should still try to talk to the press in a way that they will accept.

The media likes reporting about statements, because unlike us, they DON'T 'lurk moar.' They want facts spoon-fed to them. The media is lazy...look at how they will just regurgitate any statement the Tommy Davis sends? Why shouldn't we exploit this laziness for our benefit?
  32. terryeo2 Member

and that video and the OSA fail doc that goes with it means nothing. Nobody from WhyWeProtest, nor anyone present at the Chanology protests were involved in any of the things mentioned in that document. Until someone that can be directly tied into a Chanology protest is convicted for one of those acts, I'm going to continue to call BS on those OSA claims, and you should too!
  33. leroyjenkins Member

SEND THIS TO THE ASSOCIATED PRESS... Newspapers are consolidated and they are lazy to do findings.

You get more reach if you do so!!!
  34. anonoblong Member

true to what fax?

Are the thing we take to task about the scilons trufax? sure and we have d0x

are the "sensational?!!?" concepts about Anon lies? no.

so where do you decide when to attack and when to defend?

we have the truth

we have the d0x

they have obscure connections and random.. /b/

STAY ON TARGET

WE DO NOT MAKE PRESS RELEASES ABOUT UNCONFIRMED D0X
  35. Anonynamefag Member

Listen to yourself.

Did you even READ the press release? All of it is statements that we can prove, and what we do have dox for. Dox that states how Scientology views epileptics and other mental disorders, and how they should be treated. Dox that states what the CCHR says about Depakote, and how they started the purification rundown after they took him off of it.

All we are doing is restating the Scilons' claims, and comparing it to the leaked dox.

We know what we're doing. Either help us if you really think we're doing it wrong, or stop bawwwwwing.
  36. terryeo2 Member

Umm...These are all PROVEN dox. The whole point of a press release is to take facts and give them to the media in a format that they can use.

Help with this release or GTFO of this thread. If you want to send other harpoons, there are only about 50+ news sites with comments allowed covering this story...
  37. anonoblong Member

how about you GTFO what proven d0x regarding Jett?

crusade less d0x moar

and if you fail at that lurk moar
  38. leroyjenkins Member

Anybody who is namedfagged or in NYC like to contact the Associated Press

Where to send a Press Release?

If the story has national or international significance, e-mail info@ap.org. Do not send attachments in e-mail messages.

You can also mail your press release to AP's General/National Desk or International Desk at Associated Press, 450 W. 33rd St., New York, NY 10001. Be sure to include a return address on your envelope.

If you have a story of regional significance, send your idea to a local AP bureau. The AP has a bureau in every state.

To send press releases to specific departments, consult the list of Beats, AP editors and Writers, and your release will be fowarded to the appropriate party.
  39. anonoblong Member

listen to yourself

we have d0x on everything, granted, not denying that

but relevant d0x not so much

and I wish you did know what you were doing
  40. anonoblong Member

do not spam the AP or any failmedia without relevant d0x

your jobs as you have charged yourselves with is to get d0x

drop em like they are hot

but, do not, send out some fagged up fail newfag PR crap again pl0x