Customize

Operation Defense

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Anonymous, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Anonymous Member

Wanted to show everyone and/or bring to everyone's attention to something:

First I'm sure you've all heard about CISPA, the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act, but in case you haven't here's a link:

http://youranonnews.tumblr.com/post/21314689010/come-together-to-stop-cispa-what-is-cispa-the

In addition to what's been stated here, just this Thursday, April 26, Congress agreed to ignore the 40+ amendments that some of which could've made the bill better, and instead pass an amendment that adds to its list of legitimate uses, protecting people from personal harm, and protecting children (the most lame-ass excuse for anything they do, imo).
    http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...t-got-way-worse-then-passed-rushed-vote.shtml

Now comes the meat of this post, a call to action: live protest spanning 2 months in the same vein as the Chanology protests.

Operation Defense Phase II

Everyone, I wanted to share this with you because I wanted to see how you all felt about helping to organize these protests and spreading the word about them. I wanted to see what I could do to help these protests get off the ground, and when I heard the video say these protests would or ought to be done akin to the Scientology protests I knew then that there would be no one better to go to for help than the Chanology guys themselves. The American government is bearing down on the gate of Anonymous's home and robbing Americans of the right to the 4th Amendment online. Are you guys willing to help stop them? I hope your answer is yes.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Anonymous Member

:looks at the calendar pages between Feb 08 and Apr 12:
  3. Anonymous Member

OP here.
    Eh? What do you mean?
  4. Anonymous Member

"Phase I" video is short and has a transcript, so I don't have to listen to the whole thing.
    It's mostly about DDOSing companies that support cispa.

"Phase II" is 5 minutes long, and no transcript, and I can't be bothered.
    Sounds like IRL /b/lackup for the DDOS kids.

is there anything else you'd like to say?
  5. Lysander Moderator

Of course we want to stop CISPA, but please remember that WhyWeProtest does not promote any illegal activities (including DDOS).
    If you want to protest legally, check the upcoming event : https://whyweprotest.net/community/events/upcoming or if there's nothing for you, create one in your city ;)
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Anonymous Member

These protests would not involve DDoS, or else I wouldn't have asked you for help.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Anonymous Member

Why such a condescendingly dismissive tone? I'm not asking you to do anything illegal. And /b/lackup? I've never even heard that before. Are you so prideful, so proud of your Anonymous's newfound "legitimacy" in the eyes of the public and other protesters, that you won't see yourself working in tandem, even indirectly, with your fellow Anons. Nothing you do will stop them from DDoSing and other hacker flim-flam. And if you even bothered to watch the video like you should have, you'd know that they've admitted the ineffectiveness of DDoS and that they've called for everyone to actually use the existing political system and call their senators (imagine that, Anonymous using the political system). But you? You would send such a powerful message with your involvement. The video isn't calling for /b/ style chaos; it's calling for legitimacy. It calls for your legitimacy. The video didn't even ask for you guys specifically, that was my idea; it was my hope that I could convince this community to get involved somehow, someway. Do OpDefense, or do protests under a different banner independently, give a statement condemning hacker methods, I don't care. One protest. If I can convince you to do one protest against CISPA, then I will consider my mission a success. Anything beyond that would just be icing. If CISPA passes, the internet will lose the 4th Amendment. Please don't let that happen.
  8. yes personaly i dont like it my war is in cyberspace it is the only haven we realy have anymore it hurts me to say that these protest arnt doing anything at all we are but a handfull of people :( you think they care about a fomral protest no we need to hit these guys where it hurts there income even if we all boycot everyone of these guys it wont make a dent yes we flood the streets but i would rather do it in cyberspace than getting shot i had that happen on MLK trust me cyberspace is the haven not on the streets i would rather hit there income from my local starbucks than get have a sezurie becasue am beaten by a pearl PD
  9. Lysander Moderator

Do what you want as long as it's legal (and classy if possible). :)
  10. Anonymous Member

"The Internet" is not protected by the 4th amendment. Read it again.

MODS: This is the same moralnewfag posting in a bunch of different threads.
  11. what we need is total choas to rebuild you have to destory i mean everything there is no real defence the what the goverment is doing is down right wrong but listen you take off a dogs tail it still barks you take off its head it isnt a problem i have been brain storming about this for awhile what we need to do is total choas there is a resin malcolm x nelson mandela bob marley i could go on but these people not only made peace by differnt means but destroyed the current goverment created total choas forceing them to be remade into something better we canot defend something we need to destory
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. Anonymous Member

Please, define "total chaos."

Also, spelling needs work.
  13. Anonymous Member

Emails and the like would come under it. 'Papers' as a concept can include digital effects.

But yeah, does seem as the combination of irritating personality and desire to post incessantly has occurred again.
  14. Anonymous Member

^Proof that sniffing glue is bad for the brain.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. am a savant but thanks for reminding me that i have autism think before you speak choas and destruction are the final form of creation