Customize

Operation: Nightlight

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Theanonymoustipster, Apr 21, 2008.

1. anon2487 Member

Re: Operation: Nightlight

<SNIP> double post.
  2. navnløs Member

I hate to put a dampener on things but if you're looking at a projector you're going to need at least 10000 lumens and one that has a long throw lens. I'd look at something like the Sanyo PLC-XF47 XGA 15000 lumens. I'm guessing this would cost an arm and a leg to hire as i sell them for £11,895 + vat
  3. unidentified Member

Read further back in the thread - there are links to videos of people using much lower spec ones and getting great results. In addition it doesnt look like we're going to use a projector now, but a theatre light + gobo (read further back)
  4. navnløs Member

A theatre light would be much better. I read and saw the results. I just think if we're going to do it we need the image to be bigger that 10 ft high,which is the sort of size people were getting with a lower spec unit.

We need the image to be 100 ft high. No point going to all the trouble and the thing being no bigger than a billboard.
  5. Theta Omega Member

You can get about 40 ft high with a 4500 lumen projector, it looks fine under normal street lighting. (The photo I pasted earlier looks OK despite the building being floodlit at night. That image is brighter than it looks in the photo).

A laser projector can easily manage hundreds of feet, of course, but as far as I know I'm the only anon who has one. Anyone else?
  6. unidentified Member

The barrister I said I'd contact has got back to me. Let me point out that whilst he is a lawyer he's not our lawyer and, as such, his advice can't be taken to be legal advice and is provided purely for our own amusement and novelty value (hey come on he spent five minutes typing a reply to me he's hardly gone and prepared a skeleton so it would be unfair to bitch about free advice).

To remind you I emailed this
    He replied:
    I disagree with him as to a strict reading of the statute - I think it would be against that as well - but then I'm always disagreeing with him on statutory interpretation (thus why I emailed him and not someone that would just agree with me)!

I'll get back to my original point though - however legally complicated it is, the police will not be impressed by legal submissions - they'll just arrest you.

Big Ben = Bad Idea
  7. Anonnumition Member

...I thought the idea of projecting it onto the Houses of Parliament was already out anyway due to complications with light pollution, etc. ...
  8. unidentified Member

Read the page before this, anon2487 was very insistent that it was the way to go (I disagreed).
  9. Re: Operation: Nightlight

As do I... It just won't come together, its too much. That ad company are high profile and probably spent a long time calling in favours etc.

Even if it is totally legal, you know what the police are like - they will just be like "yes well, that may be so, but your disturbing the peace [by which they mean, they are disturbing the peace with their sirens and lights] so lets all just co-operate and you move along now, m'kay?"

We need to do some serious brainstorming about where to do this.
  10. Re: Operation: Nightlight

No one's yet done the Gherkin.
  11. anonymoose Member

Once more for luck. June is midsummer, so it won't be getting dark til after nine pm. Office areas and Parliament won't be getting much footfall. South Bank might be busy, otherwise West End, Trafalgar, Soho, Leicester Square are good bets.

The National Gallery, Wellington Arch, Marble Arch and The Covent Garden Opera house have been projected onto before* and are in popular areas for evening crowds. There might be a problem with permissions.

Gherkin might be fun. Is it busy around there at night? I take it we couldn't get the image up high enough and large enough to be seen from a great distance?

*see here:
    Martin Firrell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia E\T\C UK transforms Wellington Arch
    Catwalk Queen: Agent Provocateur's spring/summer '08 campaign projected onto London landmark
  12. anon2487 Member

Thank you for checking it out, especially to shut up what appears to be a lone voice (me :grin:). (Who you've persuaded by the way!)

Making sure that it's still a location that will grab the media's attention when footage is forwarded, I guess is the key.

Anyway thanks Unidentified. :cake:
  13. Re: Operation: Nightlight

Well, its glass and so cannot be projected on to. The light would pass through the window rather than reflect off it.
  14. Anonylondon Member

The Gherkin is in a mainly financial district, at night there isn't actually all that much footfall around there. Even if we could project onto glass, the Gherkin really isn't as visible from Central London as people seem to think it is. It can only really be seen from any of the bridges between Blackfriars and Westminter. It's not actually visible from the land.

We could look into projecting an image onto CentrePoint. It's just down the road from the Dianetics centre, and is appropriately placed for a lot of night time footfall, and road traffic. What's more, I don't think there'd be any issue with permissions.

If that still draws blanks, we could try a laser projection in the sky, as I don't beleive the UK implements the same laser safety laws as the US, however, it might still be an issue due to the Final Approach plan for Heathrow. If flights are landing and taking off from 27l and 27R, then we're pretty much screwed on that one.

Leicester Square might be viable ... Capital Radio have quite a nice wall, as do the Odeon and the Vue...

BT Tower?
  15. Re: Operation: Nightlight

Probs not the BT tower, but Leicester Square is a good plan
  16. Re: Operation: Nightlight

won't due, the tower has lights pointing at in 24 hours a day. Not to mention the weird colour changing thing at the top.
  17. Re: Operation: Nightlight

is this happening?

(Sorry I don't feel like going through 19 pages of posts to determine the status of this project...:eek:face:)
  18. Re: Operation: Nightlight

kind of on hold... Hopefully yes at some point, but summer isnt the best time, as it gets dark much later
  19. anon7894 Member

How come?

Surely when it's dark it's dark?
    If it's aimed primarily at grabbing media attention - e.g.

- Scientology logo on official building

- forward passerby's "cameraphone footage" to the beeb together with a "complaint"

- forward Anon footage plus press release about Scioentology's desire to take over the role of government in the UK

Lots of media-message-friendly variations on the above, I can't really see the relevance of the season. This is a good Op to my mind.
  20. Anonnumition Member

Relevance of season= it's darker for longer and earlier- when more people are about in our prime locations- in the autumn/ winter.

Also your idea loses me at the first two steps. Third was alright. But... wut?? I would sense footbullet. On our part.
  21. darbypb Member

Brilliant idea however I have no idea who would actually let that happen with a huge projection like that because since 911 wouldn't a few people get spooked out and say that it would be a problem with planes going by and such. and would it affect air traffic and the money and did you find out if it is legal or not. It is an awsome idea and I would love for it to work but i dont know. please keep us updated on it though
  22. Re: Operation: Nightlight

fail
  23. Anonhopeful Member

7894 they are already trying their hardest to suggest anonymous is lying about our accusations, do we really need to hand them a situation they will spin as "anonymous sets up false situations to try to discredit scientology" and where they will have evidence to back it up?
  24. anon7894 Member

Wat????

Just because Scientology's goal to replace the role of government is about as politically realistic as Boris Johnson becoming Mayor of London, doesn't mean it's not a useful angle for us to emphasise.

It's had piss poor media coverage over the years, and if we were to shine a graphic showing the way Scientology would like to see the UK, then supply footage plus documentary evidence of Co$/Sea Org aspirations, it might well be something that would generate interest.

As far as it being false; you will not find a single senior ex SO member who will tell you that their strategic goals were anything other than replacing the government/mental health roles for the world as a whole. There's absolutely nothing false in this assertion.
  25. Re: Operation: Nightlight

No but look, if you take photos of that projection and claim the CoS did it you fail harder than aids. Its just dumb
  26. anon7894 Member

<snip> double post
  27. anon7894 Member

That's the last thing I'm saying...sorry if that's how it came across...

I'm saying, put together a media package outlining Scientology's political goals, speak to some of the more senior ex staff to see if they'd be prepared to give interviews discussing this exact angle.

Project an image that would represent Scientology's UK takeover - I don't know, the Union Jack with their logo in the middle - whatever...contact the media with footage plus press release, explaining that ANONYMOUS/people protesting Co$ projected this image to highlight Co$'s very real aims...blah blah blah...

The idea being, that it provides an entre for interviews with the former staffers on this particular issue.

My main problem is that Scientology's desire to take over the country sounds so far fetched (because lets be fair, it ain't gonna happen any time soon (sorry DM)) that it may actually detract from the more immediate abuses and straightforward criminality that we're wanting people to recognise. On the other hand, it's this subversive political agenda that has led to Germany and Greece (i.e. two Euro nations) banning them.
  28. Re: Operation: Nightlight

Well to be honest... I dont know that they are trying to take over the country... They have no political aspirations to my knowledge. Dox? Pix?
  29. anon7894 Member

It'll take me a while to dig up the references, but I'm happy to if you think it's a worthwhile idea; it's certainly not something that's in dispute.
  30. Shifter Member

The peeps connected to me that were in for many years, say this is *exactly* what the Co$'s ultimate goal is.
  31. Re: Operation: Nightlight

Yes to be fair I did some digging and there are some concerns

There is a chap in the house of Lords who is a scifag, and an active one at that, plus his wife is like president of Narconon or some shit
  32. anonymous612 Member

Oh no, they must be taking over the country. ;)
  33. anonymous1244 Member

Forget about the geezer in the House of Lords, he's at worst an "agent of influence" and most likely a public Scientologist; he ain't part of any damn plan to take over the UK, Scientology may be idiots but they're not fools, and they tend to be a bit more subtle than that.

In the countries that they've made serious/semi-serious attempts in, they've been far more interested in taking control of the "deep state" than the political process itself, with OSA/WISE playing the starring roles.
    Scientology's very unlikely to be making any serious attempts to "take over" the UK right now (keeping afloat is a bit more immediate) - but that doesn't make it less of a goal for them, which I think was 7894's point. It's certainly not had much media coverage to date, and it could be a useful angle to pursue (if you were to give the press a reason to look at it (together with DOX and interviewees).

The aim of the SO is to take over the mental health and government roles worldwide (before moving on to the next planet (probably worth snipping the last bit if you want anyone to take you seriously)).

BTS2Free/John Headley would be a good person to speak to, but any ex's will confirm the reality of this aim.

Also various Hubbard directives that make this very clear e.g. "To take over absolutely the field of mental healing on this planet in all forms." etc. etc. Though my preference is for Hubbard's more oblique references to the posthumous takeover he anticipated - "Somebody some day will say 'this is illegal'. By then be sure the orgs say what is legal or not."
  34. anonymous612 Member

Face it, they don't need political power. They're aware of how much they can do with power over everything else. Political power means squat when all the citizens are scifags and all the businesses are scifag and all the schools teach scifag tech.
  35. anon345 Member

They may not need it, but they certainly desire it.
  36. teh_platypus Member

So how close are we to projecting an Anon suit onto big ben?
  37. Re: Operation: Nightlight

not really any closer. It being summer time it stays light for much longer.
  38. anon345 Member

^^^^Surely that just means doing it later at night?

The fact that fewer people on the spot will see it, is kind of irrelevant given that the media are the target...
  39. Re: Operation: Nightlight

Right.

How much money would we need for a laser? I like lasers and want a laser.

Let's see if Wirah will set up a fundraiser for it. We could perhaps get one, then send it around the world.

Tipster - your mission is: Get a fecking quote for a portable laser that can draw images and messages. Do it Faggot. (I would, but at work, etc etc faggotry cocks). Then if it isn't aaaargghspensive, contact Wirah about a fundraiser.

If it's not tooo heavy, we can send it over to the US with WBM and Magoo once we're done with it, maybe. Then it can tour the states.
  40. teh_platypus Member

Actually the current plan is to project :anon: onto big ben, which is in england

But your idea of sending it all over USA is pretty cool, just so long as it shows the same thing each time, it could bring epic media attention.