Customize

Operation: Nightlight

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Theanonymoustipster, Apr 21, 2008.

1. PagAnon Member

Re: Operation: Nightlight

as for what to project, make a stencil with the suit, next protest date or location and this or the local cell's website.
  2. Re: Operation: Nightlight

Won't the words "expect us [insert date]" be a big dissapointment then? If the media gets hold of it it'll turn into a huge scale thing that'll probably hurt our PR - I'd imagine they'd spin it in a "possible terror threat" light and try another faux news speshul.

I think it'd be cool just to have the V for vendetta mask but then, as discussed before, it has the obvious issue of people mistaking it for advertising.. although it's garunteed to get some of the oldfags back for the next raid.
  3. Anonymous Member

As the person who originally suggested this idea (no, not OP...he "reappropriated" it, in a manner that caused a lot of time to get wasted...but whatever), the original plan was to capture the whole thing on vid, and create a short, punchy, prank style video with the potential to go "go viral".

It's not that interesting a story for mainstream media, and there are a lot of advantages in having full editorial control.

The way that it was originally envisioned, was to talk/bribe/offer sexual favours to a couple of 1st rate camera/editfags, so that they could film and then cut the whole thing into a short "mission" style sequence (raiders getting out of bed at 3:00am, putting on night-raid kit; assembling, driving, evading security (legal it may be, but Sci security will go loony toon if they're played cleverly [be smart about this, there are plenty of ways that'd make it IMPOSSIBLE for them to stop you projecting, yet impossible for them not to respond...getting you great footage in the process]), setting up, projecting, escaping, and so on).

Basically: funny, subversive, exciting.

The actual projection bit isn't that technically difficult (the idea wasn't original), I nicked it (in turn) from a crappy British Magazine (Front) that shone their logo onto Big Ben in London.

Don't know if any of this helps, but thought it might chuck a bit of focus in the pot. [Equally, disregard all of the above if you want, it's certainly no sacred cow. After all this time, it would be extremely cool to see it finally done, and done well.]

An Anon video that's not dissimilar in style, though it was aimed at us rather than peneral gublic is:
    YouTube - AnonymousTV - Flyers, OSA and Us
  4. lokimotion Member

Apologies for the thread necromancy.
    I remembered hearing about this earlier this year, but the model shown at CES was a prototype. Now LG is rolling out the production model, figured this would be of interest to some Anons. Thought that this could be used at protests.

5. Anon123456 Member

thats pretty cool
  6. exOT8Michael Member

This thread necromancy is high quality and is still an epic idea from Anonymoustipster. Is this anon still around?
    Meanwhile check this awesome video out !!

7. lokimotion Member

Eyewriter.org.

Followed the link back from another site. The people who made this did it for a graffiti artist with ALS, or Lou Gehrig's disease. Thought it was a little heart-warming.

Figured something like this could have applications for Anonymous. The site offers info on making one, as well as links for the open source software.
  8. Rockyj Member

Incredible work! :cool:
  9. Jeff Jacobsen Member

10. Anonymous Member

11. Anonynamefag Member

Re: great new product for protests; portable movie projector!

Best. Idea. Ever.
  12. Anonymous Member

once again, not a new idea. old idea from early days on enturbulation. racking brain trying to remember what the dumbass law was that might have gotten us in trouble if we did project images on sci buildings? anyone know if there are laws against projecting unwanted images on sci buildings?
  13. Anonymous Member

Then find a nice wall you have permission to use. Or project onto the back of a banner or protest sign.
  14. PodPeople Member

What's new is devices used to project. won't even be out until March. What if you projected onto a building Not a scino building. Would make more sense anyway, so scino's could see it.
  15. Jeff Jacobsen Member

We projected "Lisa we will never forget" onto the Ft. harrison one year during a candlelight vigil. The Scilons complained, but since it was just projecting onto a wall and not into a window, they said no problem.

[ame=http://www.vimeo.com/141743]Candlelight Vigil in honor of Lisa McPherson, 1999, Clearwater, FL on Vimeo[/ame]

at about 30 seconds in.
  16. Anonymous Member

It might need to be a night time raid but I like this idea
    |-----------------------------------------------------------------------------This Much ---------------------------------|
  17. Anonymous Member

18. anonakatie Member

I love this idea; we've been debating this kind of thought for a while. Since we are in the theater district, it would be perfect!
  19. lokimotion Member

Since thread necromancy is in effect. Enjoy this little vid. More info here.

[ame="http://vimeo.com/8617601"]Projection Tagging with Iphone[/ame]
  20. Anonymous Member

It seems like everyone likes this idea, but no-one actually goes and does it.

Is it money problems stopping it now?
  21. Anonymous Member

Yup. Pretty much.

It's not entirely true that no-one's gone and done it, it's come close to being done twice in the UK (that I know of), but was stopped by different problems each time. The problems were unrelated to any technical issues however. [e.g. Frustrating dispute in one case.]
  22. Anonymous Member

Did we ever get a final cost for the cheapest and best option for this?
  23. Mexell Member

Ya we deifinatly need this same thing in america.
  24. Anonymous Member

Money is one problem. Another issue is that the green laser powerful enough to use with some of the projectors featured in this thread is illegal in some US states.

How-to and tutorials for projectors, like the GRL's lasertag, are widely available. So it's not a problem to know how to construct one, just the cost and availability of components.

Of course, creative alternates have already been in use.
  25. Mexell Member

well someone should find the regulations out and then let everyone know. we gota get info
  26. Re: Operation: Nightlight

hi iam new but why don't the people that are truely serious(and know they whould be able to) about doing this make or tell us there paypal account then we all donate a little bit each so something like (£10/$15):)
  27. Belladonna Member

picture55g.png
  28. AnonRivi Member

If anyone can make this happen at a reasonable expense I for one will donate...
  29. Anon123456 Member

not exactly the night light idea , and i dont know if this has been brought up but, what about, using a black light to make really bright night signs?
  30. Re: Operation: Nightlight

who is going to buy the spotlights then and were are they going to be shone at
  31. 0SailorXenu0 Member

32. Re: Operation: Nightlight

Here's a little mock-up of a symbol we could use if this ever goes foward. Simple. but intriguing and fairly professional looking in my opinion.

AnonymousLondonAdvertisingThing.png
  33. crimsanon Member

This has been done with gail porter. It got huge coverage. What we need is a naked masked anon girl.

article-0-022FFD1100000578-816_468x690.jpg
  34. Little_Sister Member

I like the cut of your jib.
  35. HouseSpiderV3 Member

I'd nut myself if I saw something like that on bigblu or ft harrison
  36. Fuckeye Member

Well volunteered.
  37. TorontosRoot Member

...blanked...
  38. Re: Operation: Nightlight

We could cobble together our own from spare parts, the dump near my house has some very juicy bits, anybody here have any engineering experience?