Customize

[Operation Over the Wall: Postcards from Paradise] Phase 2--tally and report

Discussion in 'Projects' started by anon1957, May 1, 2008.

1. MarcabEmpress Member

Re: [Operation Over the Wall: Postcards from Paradise] Phase 2--tally and report

2 sent 8 addressed--I am sending them in small batches over a period of time. They all have exseaorg # and URL plus a kind loving message.
  2. ladybug2 Member

Re: [Operation Over the Wall: Postcards from Paradise] Phase 2--tally and report

I am sending out 100 tomorrow or today adjust to time zone. Each have ex sea org number and information on the Freewinds and a few have heart and hello kitty stickers from a crumb cruncher. Staying up as late as needed to finish for mail run tomorrow, fighting writers cramps. Pricey, stamps, pricey. I don't have a digital camera :( (anyone have one for sale cheap , coulda bought one after buying these stamps, lol)

Great job all.
  3. Kookaburra Member

Ladybug2, you're smokin'. Great job!

Add to tally from another anon OCMBer - 39 to SP Hall.
  4. Anon23517 Member

14 from Australia. (Oh, to SP Hall, I should add.)

Pic:

image2pv0.jpg
  5. Anon23517 Member

That is AMAZING. WOOHOO!
  6. tonguetied Member

Last batch for this week went out today...will send more next week and will post # to tally thread. I've put a label on the cards with 1-866#, exseaorg website and then written a one line note. I use the same label as a "return" address. Then I cover the rest of the card with as many colorful stickers as I can get on them just because it makes me happy. The last batch was covered in Smiley faces....maybe someone will get a one. (a smile that is)
  7. Panini Member

0507081307.jpg
    0507081309.jpg

6 from me to SP Hall members #20 thru #25. Mailing from Canada is expensive. :(
    It's amazing how many postcards we've got out already! I think it would also be interesting to know how many states and countries we've got postcards mailed from.
  8. tokanon Member

3 from the UK xxx
  9. Anonymeep Member

...prepare for the postcard deluge tomorrow around this time..
  10. Re: [Operation Over the Wall: Postcards from Paradise] Phase 2--tally and report

10 more away.
  11. anonymous1244 Member

10 but I plan to do another 10 later today (no protest for me) :(
  12. MarcabEmpress Member

13. Re: [Operation Over the Wall: Postcards from Paradise] Phase 2--tally and report

Five more (nos. 23-27) to be posted on the way to the London protests, on more UK travel postcards (I just got a batch of Buckinghamshire ones).
  14. anon1957 Member

Way to go Ebeneezer Goode!!!!!

I am going to be picking up some NYC touristy postcards on the way to the raids today, as well. Saying "wish you were here, we are having so much fun and the cake is so delicious!"
  15. Iguanona1 Member

I have 40 which I will be bringing to the raid today in Portland for anons and the public to fill out. They'll be mailed out monday.
  16. sparklebarf Member

/lurk
    Add 29 to the tally, going out tonight.
  17. tonguetied Member

THe picture on the 1st page is sooooooo :headbang:
    Kookaburra is working very hard on getting postcards overhere to be sent on; its got to be a huge task and it is appreciated. Way to GO! :flowers:
  18. Re: [Operation Over the Wall: Postcards from Paradise] Phase 2--tally and report

[IMG]

From wirah.com. Dunno who did them, but they got done.
  19. maggie Member

I was thinking about where to get postcards in bulk; perhaps not from this
    WISE member:

PostcardMania - Help Outside the Box
  20. Kookaburra Member

This is from Hummingbird on OCMB

21. NeoYipP Member

Well, I was so inspired by this idea that I managed to do one for every name on both the SP & RPF lists...I just couldn't stop. So that's 134 more that will go out in tomorrow's mail. Some of them have a short, encouraging note & some have some inspirational-type quotes I found over on OCMB. All have the phone number & website on both sides in bright sharpie colors.
    A possible tip for postcards: I found several postcard books of 30-50 cards at a used bookstore for as little as 50 cents to a coupla bucks. I ended up with a coupla hundred for about $7. But I might've just got lucky.
    One quote I found over there was kinda long, but seemed so appropriate:
    "One of the saddest lessons of history is this: if we've been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. The bamboozle has captured us. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back."
    - Carl Sagan
  22. anon1957 Member

+134 Internets for you NeoYipP! That is simply awesome!

As well as EVERYONE else. I am having a hard time counting it all up. I've posted the lastest tally, but that does not include the I'mglib results.

Photos below from the NYC operation with all of us holding the postcards. Somebody else took pictures of them on the ground and I hope they come through and post them.

Also, the Village Voice reporter is VERY interested in this op, and if anyone wants to communicate with here anonymously or not pm and I'll put you in touch with her. She is particularly interested in talking to an ex-Sea Org member or Int Base escape. Just putting that out there. She also took pics of the post card Op.

And oh yeah, NYC wrote out 63, which I will mail from Manhattan later this week, after I photo some of them--Inigo Montoya and others were began a sub-operation of postcard rick rolls!

img0895ek9.jpg
    img0896qk9.jpg
  23. tonguetied Member

YEAH! I was waiting for the over 1000 mark ::woot:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
  24. AnonElron Member

I will send 20 cards from Sweden this week! (Will post photo later.)
    However, every card costs $ 1.80 to mail, so I can probably only mail 10 or 20 a month. If somebody in the US would be willing help out with an address to which I can send a stack of written postcards and money for postage within the US that would be much appreciated.
  25. anon131 Member

The last time I looked at the tally it a few hundred short of a thousand. Holy shit! Over 1300 now? This is awesome guys.

I bought more stamps today, so I'll be sending out a few more sometime this week. I'll post the numbers when it happens.
  26. anonymoose Member

27. Daisy Member

Finished 30 today.
  28. anon1957 Member

29. nomnompie Member

Has there been any discussion on sending postcards to current scilons at their homes? I'm sure some could have that seed of doubt reaffirmed.
  30. NeoYipP Member

A thought about that other thread & the disinformation that we're being paid....I think the human effort and goodwill and creativity that is going into this particular operation will also go to prove to whomever sees them that this is clearly a labor of love rather than a corporate-financed effort. That shines through in the wonderful pictures posted here. And I started a new batch with colored card stock & stickers & markers & stuff from the craft store. Got a little carried away & spent too much money, but what the hell, I'm having fun.
  31. Kookaburra Member

Sydney demonstration's cards now counted, packaged and enroute for remailing.

[SIZE="3"]183[/SIZE]

Some of the messages were so heartwarming that I made a sampling which I am posting on the other thread. Thank-you so much Sydney Anonymous.

P1010008.jpg

P1010009.jpg
  32. Kookaburra Member

London just reported in. They did a whopping

That was brilliant. You guys are the stars!!!:flowers:

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:
  33. Kookaburra Member

If anyone is looking for the main thread for this Op, it has moved to Breaking News and is stickied right at the top. Thank-you Tamphex!:flowers:
  34. Re: [Operation Over the Wall: Postcards from Paradise] Phase 2--tally and report

+9 from Richmond
  35. tonguetied Member

Please add 11 from me if you haven't already...they went to RPF. Will upload photos of more soon.

50 more
    50 for May 13-17 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
  36. anonymoose Member

Add my lousy 6 from the UK to random SP Hall inmates. Sorry it's not more - the man at the post office wouldn't sell me enough stamps because he "needed to keep some for other customers"!

WTF?! I only wanted 20!
  37. Ten Tigers Member

Simply amazing.... LU guise...:flowers:
  38. AnonyMama Member

Add 87 from me. I am not finished, though.
  39. tonguetied Member

Awesome. We can do 4000 easy! For all of you :cake:
    Flag next?
  40. Kookaburra Member

I don't think we have an RPF or crew list for Flag yet. I do think we need to keep up the pressure on SP Hall. We need a sustained flow of cards into there that do not let up until all the prisoners are freed.
    Reference: Mahatma Gandhi :wink:

Thanks for the caek!