Customize

[Operation Over the Wall: Postcards from Paradise] to SP Hall!

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Ebeneezer_Goode, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Kookaburra Member

Re: Stockholm Syndrome in the SP Hall at Hemet California's Gold Base

One problem with a plane banner is that as soon as it appeared all the staff would be herded indoors and not allowed to look. They would be kept there till the plane went away.

I think a better idea is the dropping of cards. 5000 - 10,000 out of a small plane or ultralight. Ultralight is best because it is open and slow and manouverable. It could get in close around all the buildings. Again, short message. A business card with a one liner....Jump and the Net will Appear Call toll free 1 866 XSEAORG. Or similar. Keep it simple. Long ones won't get read. It's out ethics to read stuff from SPs. It's gotta be so short that it registers at first glance. Security can't possibly pick up every single one of the cards before anyone else sees one. Not if they are everywhere. They'd try but there will be a few they miss. The message would arrive.

A real loud speaker from the ultralight might also be effective.

Someone might cop a littering charge with the cards. So then fight it. Ask for a hearing. Then start presenting all the evidence of mail not getting through, phone calls not being accepted or allowed etc etc.....get it all onto official record. Tell the court about the SP room. There is no shortage of information. After days, weeks, months of testimony the judge will likely dismiss the littering charges. And we will have heaps of court records on the internet.

In the meantime, while we are waiting for a rich anon to step up to the plate, on with OPERATION POSTCARDS FROM PARADISE.

Honestly, the idea is fucking brilliant, it will work, it's totally doable, every person on this board can do their bit and do it today and tomorrow and the next day. I'm IN. I'm going to go buy my postcards right now.
  2. anon1957 Member

Wow BTs2Free!!!!!

Yay. Yipppeee!

I love the collage! I sent out 10 today and will send 10 a day until the list is finished. I also sent postcards to the RTC sec guys (haha!).

But we have to keep doing this. Maybe we could have postcard day like once a week so that there is a steady stream of postcards going in. If a difference is made, we should be hearing some stories from OG who are connected with helping people blow.

Regarding Fisherman's idea: I like the idea of getting cell phones in there a lot, but I am afraid that we would be flushing $$ down the toilet. If the cult can lock people up, then they can go through their stuff and take it. (I'm remembering a story by Dr Donna Shannon who had to hide a cell phone in the Sea Org). Also, we don't want to do anything to make their lives easier there, instead we want to make it easier to blow.

So instead of flowers perhaps some graphicfags can design some really beautiful post card templates that we can print out on blank post card stock from staples (or photo paper). Customize it for Sea Org people.

I am HOPING that some other OG can come forward with lists of Sea Org in other location like LA and Flag. After all we have +9000. Imagine of all of us just started flooding the orgs with we can help you post cards. But I would esp love to break the Hemet situation open, to hit the beast right in its soft Smaug underbelly!f

Also -- lets keep posting our "wins" and "stats" here so that we all know how many of these are going out.
  3. anon1957 Member

Mods-if you are reading this, can you change the name of the thread to Operation Over the Wall: Postcards from Paradise? I am going to change it on the OP right now. thx.
  4. Re: Stockholm Syndrome in the SP Hall at Hemet California's Gold Base

Ok now this cracked me up.

Although it would probably be crazy expensive, I like the airplane idea. The fact is, these people are locked up in a prison camp. They probably believe there is no escape, and most probably wouldn't even escape if they could. We need to find some way of reaching these captives. What other ways can we reach these people in the base? Sorry, I've never been in the CoS, I just care that people are being abused. Some of this stuff may costs us a lot of money, but if we could get even one person to blow, our efforts wouldn't be in vain. As for the van idea, I like it, although a brightly colored van with no windows sounds a bit pedophilic :smile: but it would offer protection for anyone who wanted to blow. That idea would take some organizing because there's the chance that someone could be physically restrained before getting anywhere near the van.

To the original poster, good job!
  5. Re: Stockholm Syndrome in the SP Hall at Hemet California's Gold Base

Never leave your cozy under-volcano lair? Click2Mail - Index
  6. Kookaburra Member

Whoever made the point about keeping the message short and repeating it often and everywhere is right. Posters, cards, signs on cars. That will eventually penetrate even the most indoctrinated true believer.
  7. BTs2Free Member

Key to this:

The people that are on the base have NO IDEA that so many people on the outside have any idea of what's going on ON THE INSIDE.

We want them to know that we out here KNOW what's going on. Especially things like the Hall for SPs.

In other words, it's no longer a secret and secrets like that can't be kept - DESPITE SECURITY MEASURES.

We also provide a service just in case they get the idea to "jump the fence."
  8. Anonabliss Member

I suddenly got a Harry Potter flashback with all the letters flying through the chimney. This is a great idea.

I still say registered mail that requires a signature has to be delivered to the person and cannot be interfered with under penalty of law. Getting USPS involved is definately a good idea.

The real problem, though, might be getting the people to admit that they actually want out. Like Beghe said, paraphrasing, the best jail is the one you make yourself.
  9. anonfgt Member

2lu6f4m.jpg

am i doing it rite?

i have gay girly handwriting. i tried to make them seem sentimental and caring, but still warning of the possibility of impending doom.

"oh yeah, mom, i need notecards for a school project."
    "what size?"
    "uhhh...i dunno...maybe like, the size of a postcard?"
  10. Ten Tigers Member

(Off the cuff)
    "The way out is the way through" the fences.
    "The Bridge To Total Freedom," shouldn't require guards and locked defenses.
    They call us enemies and terrorists, but we're here to help you all the way.
    Come down, come out, dance into the sunlight. Please, please, won't you come out to play.
  11. Re: Stockholm Syndrome in the SP Hall at Hemet California's Gold Base

im curious if they will take the free shampoos and stuff and try to say they are from the organization itself ya know... how about messages on the inside of the shampoo? like the phone number inside...i dont know weird i guess. just trying to see how it could get to them
  12. anon1957 Member

anonfgt!

Those are perfect! The handwriting is readable and friendly, that is all that matters. I like the little heart too.
  13. anonfgt Member

haha, thanks. just trying to make it cute and appealing.
  14. Ten Tigers Member

Beautiful job, Anonfgt. :)
  15. Anon23517 Member

You guys are AWESOME. Seriously.

There appears to be a problem with my screen. It's all blurry.
  16. Re: Stockholm Syndrome in the SP Hall at Hemet California's Gold Base

Problem: The Scienos will simply forge the signature, then immediately burn it, then claim 'wut' when asked. Sure it's illegal, but for something like this it's good enough.
  17. BTs2Free Member

HUBBARD COMMUNICATIONS OFFICE
    Saint Hill Manor, East Grinstead, Sussex
    HCO POLICY LETTER OF 26 MAY 1965 Issue II

Gen Non Remimeo

COMMUNICATIONS REGISTERED MAIL

No org may accept any registered mail.

1. Long experience shows it comes only from psychos and
    governments.

2. It is a lot of trouble to obtain from the post office.

So just reject it.

There's no worry it may contain writs. It is just sent by nuts.

... LRH
  18. anon1957 Member

19. anon131 Member

I'm customizing cards. I may go out and buy a bunch for a mass mailing, but right now I'm cutting out 5x4 cards and drawing on them. I'm just drawing silly things like hearts and sunsets and childish looking stick figures. Totally ghey under any other circumstances, but it might work and pulling at their heart strings here.

This is fun. What a great idea! Somebody somewhere will read these. :)
  20. AnonKiwi Member

Changing the name and I will stickify it too - deserves it for a period of time.

I wonder if amusing cards from New Zealand would be received well!? :D
  21. anon131 Member

Do eet!

I plan on sending a couple cards when I travel this summer. How awesome would it be for them to receive cards from around the world? The world is watching Davey!
  22. Killawog Member

Re: [Operation Over the Wall: Postcards from Paradise] to SP Hall!

Hopefully this won't get me in trouble, because my purpose is not to advertise, but Vista Print has a promotion for 100 free postcards. I actually made up my own "You Found the Card" postcard with this promo and was going to hand them out at the next raid.

Anyway, if anyone wants to make their own postcards, this is a good way to do it. They'll even mail them for you!
  23. anon1957 Member

Copypasta from Fisherman--a former postal worker!!! (anon always delivers) From Operation Clambake Message Board :: View topic - OPERATION: Over The Wall

24. BTs2Free Member

IJC_Letterhead_over_wall.jpg
  25. exOT8Michael Member

Awesome BTs2free!
    Love this!!
    :flowers:
  26. MarcabEmpress Member

And now we know where to leave info cards and flyers---McD's, Taco Bell, etc in bathrooms--xenubarb, you seem to know that area well, any suggestions form you or Ex-SOs for good spots for liberty drops?
  27. anon1957 Member

I am thinking about bringing a whole bunch of pre-addressed cards (printed on colored cardstock) to the next protest and getting protestors and interested passers-by to write & decorate postcards at the next demo. We can collect some funds for postage and go right to the PO (about a 15-20 minute walk to a 24/7 PO in NYC) and mail them right away.

BTs2Free--that flyer is brilliant and we can use it at the protest!!!!!!
  28. Ten Tigers Member

Hrmmm.... Are pay phones still as ubiquitous out there, as they once were? I don't recall seeing a pay phone in a long, long time.
  29. anon1957 Member

Fast Food restaurants OFTEN have them in the rest room area. Poor people who can't afford cell use them and travelers who are out of cell phone provider signal range.
  30. tonguetied Member

Re: Postcards to the edge?

This is something even we lurkers can do. A roll of stamps is worth every cent. BTW, lots of times at thrift stores, etc. there are baskets with old blank postcards in them for pennies a piece.

Suggestion: If you have issues with holding a pen (as I sometimes do), create a label database.... you can print out the names & addresses quickly and hand write the notes.

This is such a wonderful idea. :flowers:
  31. Re: [Operation Over the Wall: Postcards from Paradise] to SP Hall!

This is a fantastic idea - I will do this as much as I can. It is cheap and effective - Several people will read the message, airmail for postcards is really good value, and if it can ever be shown in the future that the mail does not reach the recipient, CoS will get in trouble.
  32. Re: [Operation Over the Wall: Postcards from Paradise] to SP Hall!

good idea as long as its legal. perhaps ask before leaving them in the places?
  33. Re: [Operation Over the Wall: Postcards from Paradise] to SP Hall!

You have my axe!
  34. anon1957 Member

Thread lost its sticky and name.

Nice.
  35. anonoblong Member

I thought Gold Basestar was the end dude? we going after the boss while still going after teh mobs?

sign me the fuck up

/me hopes for some l33t drops
  36. Anonabliss Member

Remember how the mormon polygamy camp was discovered? A phone call to the police from inside. A girl. A girl that they never really found in the end, don't even know that she ever existed. But it got them in to raid it. Not trying to put any ideas into anyone's head, just saying.
  37. Re: Postcards to the edge?

This in a forum where Tom Cruise gets permanent stickies.
  38. anon1957 Member

Yeah, and watch that motherfuckin' Jason Beghe letter get fucking stickied.

Speaking of that motherfucker, first thing tomorrow, I am going to send an ugly fucking postcard to that fucktard DM, demanding that he not only give Jason his personal shit, but that letting him know that he is on notice: many people are watching his every motherfucking move.

[Go Jason!]
  39. AnonKiwi Member

Ok, I'm really confused. I see the name, I see it stickied, but I also see it moved out of general.

It should be in activism and projects and should be stickied there. I'll try and make that so. Probably too many mods fiddling with it all at once :D
  40. UnderToad Member

I got postcards like that too. They'll practically be able to smell the ocean breeze, sweltering out there in the desert.

Postcards for 39 prisoners = $9.75

Postage at 26 cents apiece = $10.14

The look on the staff's faces as thousands of postcards pour in = PRICELESS!