Customize

[Operation Over the Wall: Postcards from Paradise] to SP Hall!

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Ebeneezer_Goode, Apr 27, 2008.

1. UnderToad Member

Re: Postcards to the edge?

Did someone say label database? Text attached. You're welcome.

Int Base SP Mary Arbuckle
    SP Hall
    19625 Gilman Springs Rd
    Gilman Hot Springs, CA 92583-2100

Int Base SP Russ Bellin
    SP Hall
    19625 Gilman Springs Rd
    Gilman Hot Springs, CA 92583-2100

etc etc etc.
  2. Kookaburra Member

Re: [Operation Over the Wall: Postcards from Paradise] to SP Hall!

I've just found out that postcards cost $1.30 ea to mail in Australia. Is there someone in LA area that I could send a bundle of addressed cards and a money order to who can buy the stamps and mail them for me?
  3. ANON E MOOSE Member

people should seriously be doing this especially from overseas via usps or something similar, to save costs. Mailing from australia is crackers.
  4. AnonKiwi Member

Has anyone told the Blue Rinse Brigade about this?

Speaking of which, they need a unit patch! SOMEONE SHOOP THEM ONE!

Molly, calling Molly, I think this is perfect for 3rd and 4 Btn BRB. We'll leave 1st and 2nd on the MLR working their magic.
  5. Re: [Operation Over the Wall: Postcards from Paradise] to SP Hall!

I think this is such a great idea!

Couple of things that occured to me...
    One: Like someone mentioned earlier, LOTS of handling when it comes to postcards.
    I have family that work for the postal service and the funny ones, or interesting ones, get passed around in some of the smaller post offices. So, if there is something in the postcards that would pique the "handlers" interest, that would also kill 2 birds with one stone cause postal workers can't resist reading post cards.. I mean, could you?

Two: Anyone live near a military base? Usually the big ones have their own post office.
    Some of the post office stamps will say what base they are coming from...

That might rattle DM's cage to see a bunch of post cards coming in via military bases.

Just a thought.
  6. Re: [Operation Over the Wall: Postcards from Paradise] to SP Hall!

Yes, I live near a military base. I'm still a bit confused as to what I should be doing because I have honestly never mailed off a postcard before. :frustration:

But I have a few friends who live on base. However, explaining to them about the secret imprisonment would make me look like a complete idiot because although these friends believe that Scientology is weird, they don't even know the tenth of it.

I have two problems, though. First, I'll be moving within a couple of weeks so I need to do this soon. Second, my finances really suck right now :lrhcries: but I really do want to help, and perhaps no one in Scientology needs our help more than these prisoners.

Fuck Misscabbage. The more I read about him, the more I want to see him in jail, constantly worrying where his next rape is coming from. I know that is mean and coldhearted, but I don't see one good/redeeming thing in this waste of a human being.

/rant
  7. Re: [Operation Over the Wall: Postcards from Paradise] to SP Hall!

Oh, and I wish this thread didn't get bumped off of the "General Discussion" forum because it seems like it is getting less hits in this section of the forums. Is there any chance of getting this thread temporarily moved to the "Breaking News" section? After all, this really is breaking news - a group of us has decided to help the slaves in the SP Halls through an ingenious method.
  8. Kookaburra Member

Post cards are real simple. Buy them from a souvenir place or a bargain store. There's a pretty picture on the front. On the back is a place for your message on the left. Write whatever you want there. On the right is a place for the address. Write the name and address of the person you are sending it to. In the upper right hand corner is a place for the stamp. You buy the stamps from the post office. A postcard takes a cheaper stamp than a letter. Only 26 cents, or 27 cents after May 12 price increase. Stick the stamp on the postcard and drop it in a mail box. Voila! It's done. The post office in that area will collect the postcard from the box and put their postmark on it. All you have to do to get the military base postmark on your postcard is use a mailbox on the base.
  9. AnonKiwi Member

This isn't breaking news, and it is an activism piece. If folks are too lazy to check a couple of different forums - especially a key one like this - not much we can do about it.
  10. amaX Member

recently there was someone found running at night near gold and there was a report that the person said they were escaping from gold base. i never heard whether it was true.

i never saw a follow-up on that, but what i did do was post that the soboba indians have helped rescue people who've escaped from gold. i believe i read that jessie prince and another $cieno got rides from the soboba's when they walked out of gold base.

indian reservations only have to abide by federal law and the laws of their tribe. they usually patrol their land 24/7. i used to live on lac courte oreilles in wisconsin and i was surrounded by tribal lands and i know they patrolled and protected their land. if the people at gold can get to the soboba's land, might they be able to seek some sort of sanctuary? does BTs2Free know anything about this? i never got a response from anyone when i posted this info over in OCMB.

if they CAN seek sanctuary or get some sort of help from the soboba's, do they know this inside int base OR should we add that info to our postcards?

there is also another indian reservation across the mountains, but i believe that would be too dangerous to try to get over the mountains. i believe the soboba's land butts up against or is very close to the south of gold base's land.

11. Pirate_Anon Member

I really love this idea. I just read the first page and went straight to here, so pardon me if this has already been suggested (or if I'm just flat out wrong) but post cards have places for return addresses, right? Well why don't we make the return address 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW Washington, DC 20500? If the Scilons are dumb enough to try and pull an RTS at that point, then the next stop for the card would be straight to the White House.

Oh, and another quick suggestion. Try n wear gloves or something when handling the post cards. Most of them have gloss on the photo side and I can't imagine it's hard to lift prints off of it. Not sure if the scilons would do that, but I see no problem with erring on the side of caution, you know?

-Anonymous Pirate
  12. Re: [Operation Over the Wall: Postcards from Paradise] to SP Hall!

:flowers: I like the way you think. if nothing else its ballsy and lulzy. I like.
  13. anon1957 Member

If no one in LA takes you up, PM me and I'll do it from NYC if you want. But! It may be worthwhile if you sent out a random 5 or 10 if you want just so some Oz stamps and postmarks show up. The other thing you could do is use a couple of online postcard mailing services--a couple have been mentioned in this thread--that would be the cheapest; usually less than 40 cents a card (US) including card and postage. If you do this, make SURE you mention that you are "mailing" it from Oz. They need to know that the whole world is watching and cares.

And perhaps BTs2Free can point out the ausies in hte SP Hall. The guy David Bloomberg appears to be (at least he has family in Oz).

[size=+2]also![/size]

Check out the Clambake thread because the OG has dug up LOTS more Int Base names!

Kookaburra--I just noticed that you have OCMB posting privileges! You can ask BTs2Free and others there directly who is from Oz.

AnonMonAnon: I like the idea of working with the rez, but one thing which should be realized is that the desert is no joke out there--esp in the summer. I think that it is at least 10-15 miles away (Happy Valley was sold back to the rez awhile back, so there is no more adjacent scilon borders, I think.) so it would be long and hard to get there. I have a feeling that BFG and his cohorts have an exellent system set up (remember reading that they have helped 3 people blow recently) which they won't be making public beyond the 1-866-XSEAORG phone contact.
  14. tonguetied Member

UnderToad, you rock. Thanks so much for the file!
  15. Re: [Operation Over the Wall: Postcards from Paradise] to SP Hall!

Are these more people trapped in SP Hall, or are they just people who work at the base, or what?

I have done the first dozen names off the old list, with vintage postcards from Lulworth Cove, Dorset. No lie.

We need everything handy IN THIS THREAD please...
  16. anon1957 Member

For people Just Now reading this and don't want read a seven page thread, here are the vital posts which will answer questions:

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/12-a...-postcards-paradise-sp-hall-11389/#post209218
    http://forums.whyweprotest.net/12-a...-postcards-paradise-sp-hall-11389/#post209253
    http://forums.whyweprotest.net/12-a...ostcards-paradise-sp-hall-11389/2/#post209292 (prolly not a good idea to include Scilon titles, which may have changed and be used as an excuse to "lose" or not "deliver."
    http://forums.whyweprotest.net/12-a...ostcards-paradise-sp-hall-11389/2/#post209440 Amazing how often this ? has turned up!
    http://forums.whyweprotest.net/12-a...ostcards-paradise-sp-hall-11389/2/#post209514 Key info from an ex who blew from Int Base (Gold at Gilman Hot Springs)
    http://forums.whyweprotest.net/12-a...ostcards-paradise-sp-hall-11389/3/#post209664 BTs2Free on why this is so brilliant

Pics of some of what was mailed yesterday:
    http://forums.whyweprotest.net/12-a...ostcards-paradise-sp-hall-11389/4/#post210437
    http://forums.whyweprotest.net/12-a...ostcards-paradise-sp-hall-11389/5/#post210690

We need MOAR pics and scans. And also some graphicsfags to make us some really pretty, sweet we will never forget you type postcard templates that can be printed on cardstock and cut up or on big labels and stuck onto index cards or cardstock etc.

You guys so rock

(and kiwianon, while I am not quite blue-haired, I am sure I am old enough to be your mother!)
  17. anon1957 Member

It seems to me to be the latest list of all Sea Org staff at Int Base.

And I LOVE the vintage postcards. I have some postcards that I got when I visited Oz a few years ago and I am using for this project. I also have some of the beautiful mountains and autumn foliage of my home state of Vermont that are going. (Dorset, Vermont--no lie!)

I am going to work on a masterlist of names in a text file--Toad has started one already--which can be edited as we learn of new names.

{EDIT] I think it is important to focus on the SP Hall Inmates (list posted ^ by EG) first, and then move on to other Sea Org staff.
  18. Anonymeep Member

If the old guard or anyone else could provide some very basic information about as many SP Hall inhabitants as possible, that would be cool. Eg, where they're from originally, hobbies, anything that can be used to personalise a card.

Sending cards from Europe is pretty expensive, but I'll send a couple just 'cause it'll look cool to have some from over here. If anyone could tell me if there are Europeans in the SP Hall, that would be cool.

Also, I love the idea of writing postcards at raids. I may bring a stack of addressed cards to the next raid so we get a load out.

Also also, very good point about postcards passing through many hands, and that the ones that look interesting (especially with short messages) definitely get read along the way. I used to do that too, when I was a postie.
  19. nymph Member

Question: For those who live in states outside of CA who wishes to stay anon but would like to help, could it be possible to mail the cards to a sp in an envelope(with proper stamps and such) so they can mail the cards for you? *insert tinfoil hat comment*
  20. anon1957 Member

I think you are worrying too much! Postcards cannot be tracked, which is one of the beauties of this little op.

1) don't include a return address.

2) If you live in a city, any mailbox will do.

3) If you live in a small town and don't want to be townfagged, just drive to another town nearby.
  21. tonguetied Member

The dollar tree or dollar stores have labels. They may fall off too quickly but they're cheap and I got 450 labels for a buck; even we broke librarians can afford it! :whistle:
    Not to mention you can create a return address label with the EXSEAORG phone number on it and a couple of web sites:!:
  22. nymph Member

Ok then. Well in the interest of keeping people interested, why not keep track of what states/counties/Canada Provinces have sent post cards? Would be sweet to know if every state in the US sent at least a few cards.
  23. Re: [Operation Over the Wall: Postcards from Paradise] to SP Hall!

Want to get back into breaking news so others see this winning project? First 1000 cards sent with pics to prove it happened would be a nice breaking news post... off to the post office....
  24. MarcabEmpress Member

:frustration:
  25. MarcabEmpress Member

Nymph--stop it. Please. Just go mail a post card and stop wanting to know our addresses and our stats.
  26. anon1957 Member

I know. If a one-man Cult watch op in Plymouth and organizing to comment on Oprah threads can qualify as breaking news, I don't see why this can't at least go back to General Discussion where it began.

Look at how many people read this thread yesterday compared to today.

I notice that Tory has posted a proposal for a bus to Hemet in Gen Discussion. It is a nice idea, but right now it is pie in the sky.

Operation Over the Wall is happening RIGHT NOW, and if enough people know about it and participate over the long haul it can make more of a difference than hassling Oprah--a lost cause imo.

OK. Back to the business at hand. Printing out labels is a good idea after you get tired of writing all the addresses by hand (nice for the 1st round) so that you can continue to send over the next weeks & mos.
  27. MarcabEmpress Member

Will post scans once I have sent out a few. Mailing two a day until I have gone through the list. If each Anon sent two cards..even ONE TIME.
  28. CathyLong Member

NYC has stores every 10 feet selling postcards 10/$1. I am mailing them out all next week. 5 per day.

"You don't have to be afraid anymore.
    <3,
    Anon
    www.exseaorg.com"

I mailed the first 10 w/o the "SP Hall" thing, but I hope they will get there nonetheless.

*edit* pics or it didn't happen:
    [IMG]
    (that's my mailing list in the BG)
  29. Anonomaton Member

I know it's totally inappropriate for this operation, but somebody should totally make a postcard with a picture of the Marcab Confederacy logo and the words "Wish You Were Here!"
  30. BTs2Free Member

Posted by Fisherman over at OCMB, excellent idea:

"Folks,

Reading BT2Free's list, I notice individuals holding 'posts' that have job titles similar to my past employment. Those are the folks I plan to target with a brief, personal, non-preachy, non-threatening card -- such as:

Dear Mr. XXXX

Hope things are well. I noticed that you work in an art department. I once worked in an advertising agency and remember the constant challenge of meeting tight deadlines. Our political clients were the most aggravating. They could never finalize what they had to say!

Just so you know, there are people out here prepared to offer you unconditional support if you'd like to leave your present situation.

It's a beautiful day here and I hope it is for you as well!

Sincerely,

fisherman"
  31. BTs2Free Member

Fisherman and all,

Excellent ideas! Send a postcard to your friendly Int Base staff member and ask them how it's going with their specific jobs!

"Hi Tom Armstrong, I see that you're in promo design for Scientology. If you ever feel you need a break from your current position, I know many people who could use a great designer! Call 1-866-XSEAORG and we will definitely help you out here in paradise."

Hee hee! This is endless fun for all.

Peace,
    BTs2Free
  32. anon1957 Member

sorry. wrong thread. :-(
  33. An0n1nNZ Member

This is a really great idea!!

Now, the organiser in me breaks out (*sorry!*) I think that sending postcards needs to be carried on for a long period of time. To ensure this happens, how about a sort-of roster, so a few people are scheduled to send each week so we don't exhaust all our resources and enthusiasm at the start.

Is there someone who would be willing to maintain a roster and remind individuals when their week to send postcards is up? This roster should be maintained online for transparency (we don't want a $cilon taking over it!), and for motivation (xx people have sent postcards so far!)

My thoughts, and I'll be sending a few ... all the way from New Zealand!
  34. Re: [Operation Over the Wall: Postcards from Paradise] to SP Hall!

It'll probably cost a packet, but I'll send a few nice London postcards. Other Brit-anons? Please do the same. If they get a ton of postcards from everywhere in the world it might remind them there is still a world out there, and that it hasn't forgotten them.
    Not sure what to write on them, because I am a paranoid Stuka and fear tracking through handwriting.
  35. CathyLong Member

jsyk... to track someone through handwriting/fingerprints/dna they NEED SAMPLES to compare them to. So IF you have never commited a crime in which you've been fingerprintted or blood sample'd then you don't have to worry. :) I know I'm not worried for anything.

COME N GET ME OSA! >D
  36. anon1957 Member

Nothing illegal about sending a nice postcard to an old friend. Earlier in the thread are some scans of some really nice postcards with text ideas. Anyway, you are not the only britfag sending them, and if enough people do this, it will be impossible for them to track. Even if they could, which they can't.
  37. Re: [Operation Over the Wall: Postcards from Paradise] to SP Hall!

great idea! appeals to them letting them know there is life outside and they can continue jobs they are good at on the outside. smart move :)
  38. anon131 Member

Warning: I am not an artist.

I did, however, make these post cards. All I know how to draw are things like stick figures, flowers, and shit. Then I figure, hey, this cheery childlike stuff might at least make whoever hands the card smile. That's something.

So here are my crappy cards:
    cards1yd8.jpg
    [IMG]
    cards2sr1.jpg
    [IMG]

Bah, I'll go buy less dumb looking cards later this week. :)
  39. An0n1nNZ Member

Fantastic -- they are colorful and cheerful, great!! Hope they weather the journey okay.

(I didn't see the pictures of shit, but maybe I misinterpreted your landscape or something :doh:)
  40. Re: [Operation Over the Wall: Postcards from Paradise] to SP Hall!

When I went shopping, couldn't resist including a little irony. It is, after all, no longer a prison.