Customize

[Operation Over the Wall: Postcards from Paradise] to SP Hall!

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Ebeneezer_Goode, Apr 27, 2008.

1. exOT8Michael Member

Re: [Operation Over the Wall: Postcards from Paradise] to SP Hall!

Is there any way we could see if this mail is getting through??
  2. Re: [Operation Over the Wall: Postcards from Paradise] to SP Hall!

Damn, putting this thread in the Activism forum has almost buried it.

Anyway, from my understanding, if they send the cards back, the Postmaster will not be happy. If this happens en masse, then he/she will know that something is wrong.

It may be better to ask someone who works/has worked at a post office!
  3. Anon23517 Member

For Aussies, there's a way to get the cards done and sent without physically ever touching them. God I love the internet.

Moonpig Cards Australia
  4. Re: [Operation Over the Wall: Postcards from Paradise] to SP Hall!

As the postcards start fluttering in, the measure of incoming gross mail will increase. Thus, while the message might not be welcome information for Scientology, someone's "stats" will go up. Hey, remember, Scientology -- Always look on the bright side of life.

TA
  5. anon131 Member

At first I was thinking "what prison has a post card?" When I saw the picture I nearly pulled a Bush and gaged on the pretzel I was eating. Good job.
  6. Re: [Operation Over the Wall: Postcards from Paradise] to SP Hall!

For those who can print off postcards, how about including a picture of the camp from Google Earth? Someone posted the picture in another thread, but I don't know which one. That way we can show them that we know where they are.
  7. Kookaburra Member

Thanks Anon1957. Someone from Frisco has volunteered to be mailman so it's under control. I've got cards with pictures of Australia on them so it will work. I'd rather use those with a handwritten message than a mailing service. I think it's more personal and therefore more likely to get some attention.

I have the list of Int base crew, thanks. I'm concentrating on the SP room first. Additionally to the predicament they are in with the warnings about mail tampering, that will have some shock value, as I don't think Int base guys actually believe we know everything that goes on there in their sooper sooper seeckret base.

David Bloomberg is actually a Kiwi. But we can forgive him for that and help him anyway.:wink:

The Sohoba Indian reservation is not all that far from Int base. It would be walking distance. HV was behind it and you had to drive on a dirt road through the reserve to get there. The Indians did assist a few people to get out of there. If you are going to make any suggestions to Int base people about getting help from the local Indians, I'd contact the Chief there and clear it with him first.
  8. Kookaburra Member

Anon131, I LOVE THESE CARDS!!!!!!

They are very bright and pretty and different. So they will stand out and no-one will be able to resist looking at them. And there is the xseaorg phone number right there in all its innocent glory. Can't miss it!!!!

Don't you dare go out and buy "less dumb looking" cards! Use these. They are great!
  9. anon1957 Member

Anon131--I wish I could see your cards better but for some weird reason my screen has gone all wavy-like.
  10. amaX Member

well, i'm off to mail these postcards. :flowers:

sorry, i didn't have time to make the cute one's like ya'll did. those are so cool and i wish i'd had time. mine are just the standard florida cards.

postcardsfromthefreeworld.jpg

shit, my handwriting is ATROCIOUS!

11. Re: [Operation Over the Wall: Postcards from Paradise] to SP Hall!

Caption: Wish You Weren't Here!
  12. anon131 Member

Ha, thanks. I'm actually making a couple more right now. :flowers:
  13. BTs2Free Member

Man, all of you guys are awesome and so creative.

I sent 10 more postcards off today similar to the last ones I sent out.

Kookaburra, I just saw your message asking for someone to mail for you here, I see that's taken care of now. If you need help in the future I'll mail 'em for you.

Let's keep this going guys. The Int Base needs to be flooded with these cards. DM will look like this: :rage: and the staff at the base will be chattering their asses off about it! :tom:

Too bad this thread was relocated here. Is there any way to make it more accessable? I put a link to it in my signature to help.

Cheers!
    BTs2Free
  14. Panini Member

Quick question:

Is it important to send postcards to all 39 SP Hall captives? I wanna send some nice postcards from Canada, but this is getting kinda expensive if I send that many.
  15. tonguetied Member

I sent some cards out today, and the rest go out tomorrow. Using 2 or 3 PO drop boxes around town. Hope I can get pictures cuz I know that no pics or it didn't happen ...:roll:

Message to broke Anons: USPS lady told me stamps will go up on May 12, but she was unsure as to the increase in postcard postage. She also said that 4x6 index cards are acceptable to use.

I bought 50 prestamped postcards at 28c each = 14.00. Then I spent 1/2 that much on stickers :whistle: so the cards are bright and colorful!
  16. Re: [Operation Over the Wall: Postcards from Paradise] to SP Hall!

Postcards are currently 26 cents, will be 27 cents after the rate increase. (If you paid 28 cents, you were overcharged.)
  17. MarcabEmpress Member

The pre-stamped cards are a penny more because the 26/27 cent stamps are attached to a piece of paper you're also paying for.

Please let people in your local forums know about this thread. I just mentioned it in my "what I'm doing" post and said, "look, all you have to do is send ONE CARD." The logic there is that if all 350+ people on the LA list sent one card, just once...

Also because I'm on the Socal board, we have media people so I 'm hoping to get them excited about it.
  18. Anon23517 Member

My 2cents? Send as many or as few as you want. My mother and I bought some today and are sending them off in the next couple of days. We got about 10, I believe. Because postage from Australia for a postcard is ridiculous!
  19. Kookaburra Member

I'm in Oz too. I found someone who I can send the bundle to and some money and they will put US stamps on them. 26 or 27 cents each. I also found postcards for 7 cents each in GO LO. So that way you can send lots! I'm gonna send a few from here though, just so they see the postmark and know it's not just a local concern.
  20. Anon23517 Member

GoLo, eh? Thanks for the tip - I tried the Reject Shop who had nothing and ended up in Woollies. I'll get some more from GoLo next time I'm in the city.

Yeah, I figure worldwide postmarks will certainly help. Make someone there think, at least. I hope!
  21. Anonymeep Member

Just pick random people and send what you can.
  22. Kookaburra Member

Just a thought. How 'bout everybody keep track of how many cards you sent out and to who, say 38 cards to SP list or 250 cards to all Gold staff etc so if someone comes out of the base and says they never received any cards we'll have the evidence to request an investigation into mail tampering.

Perhaps we can get the comm lines actually open to those on the inside.
  23. anon1957 Member

OK. As of yesterday, I have sent out 20 postcards, to the 1st 20 people in the SP list. I plant to have the list completed by the weekend.

After that, I plan to begin to go through other names of SO at the Int Base.
  24. CathyLong Member

I have sent a card to number 30-39. I intend to send cards to all 39 by May 10th.
  25. tonguetied Member

I'm trying to upload a picture ----
  26. Anon23517 Member

Tonguetied, those cards are brilliant!
  27. BTs2Free Member

Those cards are awesome Tonguetied!

Okay, So I've sent cards to all SP Hall inmates and 10 more. That's 49 for me so far.

Any suggestions on how we can keep a running tally?

I was thinking that I could make an Excel document and keep track of this that way. Any other suggestions? Should we have a thread devoted specifically to how many cards were sent and to who?
  28. anon1957 Member

TOTALLY AWESOME tonquetied!

OK. I started a new thread for tallying and posting pics.
  29. ladybug2 Member

I love this idea, but COS montiors board and I bet ya not one postcards will get to anyone
  30. Balognanon Member

I'm going to pick up some poster board, and will cut and design my own postcards from it. I will get enough stamps to mail 12 people on the list, as that's what I can afford to do right now.

Will show pics of what I wind up creating before I mail them off.
  31. anon1957 Member

32. Re: [Operation Over the Wall: Postcards from Paradise] to SP Hall!

Did not photgraph my first dozen (they're vintage and thus b&w) but I sent off 12 to the first 12 on the list today. Next batch will be different.
  33. exOT8Michael Member

This is a very good idea. Also, photos of the addressed cards you sent with stamps on are evidence...
  34. CherrieZ Member

I'm also up here in the Great White North and you're right it IS fraggin expensive!! Just for one stamp to the US is 96 cents. DAMMIT!! I'll send a few moose and beaver postcards from up here....but if someone in the states wants me to also send them PILE of beavers in the mail lemme know!
  35. anon1957 Member

If anyone wants to send some in a batch to the US for mailing, PM me and we'll work something out.

That said, it would be good to if you sent at least a few directly from Canada so that the postmarks/stamps ar there. There are some interesting names on the SP list, like Heber Jenztsch (president of the cult) and Cathy Rinder (wife of Mike).
  36. Kookaburra Member

That's why the tally.

They will get to someone. Security, the mail reader, the SP hall warden. They will cause a stir. If the do not physically arrive at the recipient, then the first person to blow and say they didn't recieve their postcards is sufficient cause for the authorities to do an investigation into mail tampering, which carries a jail sentence of five years or more, depending on the number of tamperings. The paper that people are asked to sign when they arrive at Int base saying they give permission for their mail to be monitored and renouncing their right to privacy is not legal. It will not hold up in court. Especially if the mail has been outright stolen!

^^^^YOO HOO, OSA.........PAY ATTENTION!!!!!^^^^^
  37. ladybug2 Member

oh yea
  38. Kookaburra Member

Here's some enturbulation:

IMG.jpg
  39. Anon23517 Member

AHAHAHA WIN! Internets and caek to you!
  40. Spangly Member

I cannot possibly comment on the idea of sending postcards to Katie Holmes, who is apparently currently having the shit audited out of her at that same location.