Customize

[Operation Over the Wall: Postcards from Paradise] to SP Hall!

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Ebeneezer_Goode, Apr 27, 2008.

1. CathyLong Member

Re: [Operation Over the Wall: Postcards from Paradise] to SP Hall!

Is anyone else reminded of the scene in Harry Potter where he keeps getting letters addressed to him "In the Cupboard, Under the Stairs"... or am I just that big of a book nerd? :)
  2. Kookaburra Member

That's exactly the picture I keep getting. And it worked for Harry Potter, didn't it?:wink:
  3. h0m3r Member

Oh you hardly stand alone CathyLong :)
  4. Kookaburra Member

I just had an idea. How about taking a big bundle of postcards to the next demonstration and have people write on them there. If each person at a demonstration worldwide wrote even 5 and chipped in the postage money that would be 40,000 postcards. Overseas countries could mail a bundle to someone in US to stamp and send as its pretty expensive from some countries.

Anon1957, I hope you can find some self sticking stamps or your tongue will be glued to the top of your mouth. :lol:

With that much of a hint, they may have to do something about the SP Hall as they will see it as a "PR flap".
  5. Re: [Operation Over the Wall: Postcards from Paradise] to SP Hall!

OK, done nos. 13-22 on list, will post them this afternoon.
  6. anon1957 Member

7. rangerdog Member

How can we get a list of those who are mothers and fathers? These holidays are around the corner and a good chance to send greetings?
  8. Re: [Operation Over the Wall: Postcards from Paradise] to SP Hall!

From what I understand if you work at Int you are not allowed to have children, thus the busloads of girls sent for abortions. Maybe some of them had kids prior to Int.

However all of those people have, or have had, parents. So it is ok to say thinking of you on mothers' day, fathers' day, regardless, to say wish you could be with family on that day...I say that as a childless person who has parents.

It would be nice if we had more detail on the individual people, what kind of stuff they liked, hobbies prior to Int, etc. But it isn't necessary, seeing as how they are quite unlikely to actually be given the cards.
  9. anon1957 Member

THIS IS WHY!

Be fun to send Danny Dunigan at Int Base some extra special postcard love. Maybe take some tips from OSA|Jenny.

Here he is in action

Other people who were seen at Int Base and identified at by Little Bear Victor at clambake:

Aleah Chisholm

Bob Allsop - print shop dude

Chris Maio - guitar playing guy at TC's Freewind's bash (warn him about Blue Asbestos)

Todd Yamacuchi, Cine Film Lab.

Waldo (Bob Waldman) --of Professional TRs film fame, does grounds maintenance these days (RPF)

Martin Habscheidt, Head Gardener

Joanne Winer -- CMU and Estates.
  10. anon131 Member

I had an idea. If you can't go out and buy post cards, you can always print something on a piece of paper, fold it in half, tape it closed, and send that through the mail. It's still open so they can't put stupid fake anthrax or whatever in it and frame you, but it also gives space for a longer message if you are so inclined.

MOAR! We need to send thousands, not just hundreds. :)
  11. anon1957 Member

Yeppers. But remember to use a first class stamp. You can also send fliers this way!

Protip: Make sure to write enturbulating things on the outside of the "letter" that can be read by the mail men and whoever's job it is to sort the mail.

And right about now, I would imagine that hundreds of these things showing up is starting to feel like thousands!
  12. lermanet_com Member

moved to other thread HERE
  13. Re: [Operation Over the Wall: Postcards from Paradise] to SP Hall!

This Thread gave me an idea: (Thread features a scan of Michael Pattinson's OT8 certificate)

Have a print shop print up a batch of OTIX certs for each of the SP Hall inmates. Fancy paper stock, gold-leaf engraving, the more authentic looking, the better. Mail them out in official-looking envelopes from within Clearwater so they'd have the proper postmark.

Imagine the entheta that would result from that! Sea Org mail-room worker opens the mail, sees SP Hall inmate has completed OT9, rumors commence.
  14. Denny_Craine Member

I like this idea, especially if we can get large quantities delivered at once (not sure how we'd do that but still) so there's a wtf?! element to it
  15. anon1957 Member

See this thread. We have only been doing this a week, and we already have mailed over 400 cards--and those are only the ones we know about as there are people at OCMB sending them as well.
  16. Balognanon Member

Is there any possibility that anyone might be making a video about this operation? There might be a lot of people out there who are thinking of helping, but might not be informed that they don't have to attend protests to do so. Might also be good for our rep as well. I don't have web hosting for the pics I took of my postcards, but I'd be willing to contribute them to a video promoting "over the wall"

If this idea is stupid, sorry.
  17. anon1957 Member

Great idea actually. But beyond my skill level. Calling videofags!
  18. Apology Member

19. Kookaburra Member

I've sent off my postcards to SP Hall. It has occurred to me that it would be very worthwhile to let staff of lower orgs know about the SP Hall.

When you are in Scn there are secrets kept from staff and public. Over the years there have been so many leaks that reading newspaper articles, watching TV programs, interviews etc about Scientology has become an ethics offense, as has reading about Scientology on the internet. Disconnection has been re-introduced solely to stem the flow of information about Scientology to Scientologists. Therefore, many lower level and newbie Scientologists and staff do not know what is going on at the higher levels, and especially they don't know what is going on at Int base.

Sooooo........What will happen if we tell them? :rage:

And then, some will start to look further. I can't see ANYONE staying in Scientology at these levels if they really knew what was going on. And I think we should inform them. :grin:

Then there will be more of this: :rage:

I have sent the following letter to all the orgs in Australia and Canada. For anyone who feels so inclined, go ahead and copy it and send it to your local org or all the orgs on your Continent. Please post in the tally thread if you do so someone else doesn't send the same letter. If they have, feel free to cut, paste and revise into your own words.

I've also sent out a few other letters to my local orgs clueing them into why they are finding themselves at the centre of a perfect storm. It can only speed the process of waking them up.

20. anonymoose Member

Who is Arnie Lerma? - alt.religion.scientology | Google Groups

I think someone needs a hug. :(
  21. notapplicable Member

More postcards to Mr Lemkau, yes?
  22. anonymoose Member

I couldn't possibly comment. I certainly wouldn't suggest that "free speech is not a hate crime" might be a good message for him.
  23. anon1957 Member

^^^THIS!
  24. CherrieZ Member

Oh Mah Gawd!! teehee :)
  25. tonguetied Member

Am adding my next 50 to the tally today. Will attempt picture upload on tally site.
    I am focusing mine at the SP Hall again.
  26. exOT8Michael Member

I would still recommend photographing your batches of postcards with address and stamps on and readably so, so that in the event the Base stops the mail from getting through there is evidence. Amirite?
  27. An0n1nNZ Member

For that same reason, once they recognise the postcard as 'entheta' they are likely to stop reading it. *However* there is the chance that they do continue reading it and the chance that other people read it on it's way, both in the Org and in the postal system, so make the most of those opportunities :grin:
  28. anon1957 Member

Make sure you sign it "Anonymous" or "An Anonymous Friend"-- the word anonymous will ensure that someone will be sure to read it, even if it is an OSA operative.

Write the 1-866-XSEAORG number PROMINENTLY on the card (I do it in several places) so that it is seen over and over again.

We want the Hemet PO to read them and gossip!

Also, human nature being human nature, there is bound to be some curious souls who just can't help reading one or two here or there.
  29. Re: [Operation Over the Wall: Postcards from Paradise] to SP Hall!

Has this been posted on ExScn and ESK boards?

I haven't got a login for either, but those boards might have people who're willing to bump up the card tally a little.

MOAR!
  30. Kookaburra Member

I'm working on getting it rolling on ESMB. I haven't been to ESK yet but it's a good idea. I'll see if I can get to that if no-one beats me to it.
  31. Kookaburra Member

You is absolutely right, Michael! It won't hurt a bit to be able to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that they have committed yet another federal offence! It also increases the chances of at least some of the cards getting through.
  32. anon1957 Member

It is on the ex-kids site in the activism forums. Perhaps an ex can go over there and give it a bump. It takes about 2 minutes to register there (unlike ocmb--which I have given up hope of ever being approved).
  33. Kookaburra Member

oops, wrong thread.
  34. Kookaburra Member

Here's a reply from Little Bear Victor on the OCMB sister thread. LBV is recently out of Int base and brought lots of juicy info with him, including the list of people in the SP Hall that we're writing to. He titled his post: Over the Top!

35. Anne Ominous Member

^^THIS IS SO OMFGZ AWESOME.

Who would have thought encouraging postcards could have such an effect?!

This idea rocks. So much.
  36. tonguetied Member

*checking bank account*
    I need moar stickers and labels. :text:
  37. anon1957 Member

Can someone prod the clambakers for numbers? I can't believe that they went on for 3 pages about this and we don't have more numbers from there!
  38. tonguetied Member

did. done. hope it helps.
  39. Kookaburra Member

Here's a few more messages that could be written on the postcards.

RECONNECT WITH YOUR FAMILY

GOOGLE SCIENTOLOGY

The CREED IS SENIOR TO MANAGEMENT

TIRED OF THE ABUSE?

THE WAY OUT IS THE NEAREST DOOR

DOUBT IS NOT A CRIME

NO MORE THURSDAY 2PM

CLEAR THE PLANET AND MISCAVIGE WILL CONTROL YOUR LIFE 24/7

TAKE BACK YOUR LIFE

THINK FOR YOURSELF AND YOU'RE IN TROUBLE

IS TODAY'S SCIENTOLOGY WHAT YOU SIGNED UP FOR 15 YEARS AGO?

NO THURS AT 2 OUT HERE

NO TIME OR MONEY? THINK ABOUT IT.

HOW MANY DYNAMICS DO YOU HAVE?

Knowing How To Know Is Knowing When To Blow

LOOK, DON'T LISTEN

LOOK, DONT LISTEN
    google SCIENTOLOGY

"IT'S NOT THE 'GREATEST GOOD' TO DISCONNECT FROM FAMILY THAT LOVE YOU."

"IT'S NOT 'HUMANITARIAN' TO SEPARATE LOVED ONES."

"WHERE'S MIKE RINDER? HE TOO LEFT THE CHURCH AFTER YEARS OF PHYSICAL, SPIRITUAL AND MENTAL ABUSE BY MISCAVIGE."

"INSOLVENT? UNDER PAID? LACK OF FAMILY TIME? MALNUTRITION? HEAVY ETHICS? INJUSTICE?"

" DISCONNECTION REJECTS LOVE"

" FREE THOSE IN SP HALL"

"Disconnection Sucks!"

"CoS Breaks UP Friends and Families"

8,000,000 people have left Scientology
    You can too!

"Who did Scientology make you disconnect from?"

I DISAGREE ---> SEC CHECK ME!

HAVE YOU SEEN SHELLY MISCAVIGE SINCE SHE CONFIDED SHE THOUGHT HER HUSBAND WAS TYPE III?

DID YOU KNOW COB PERSONALLY C/S'D LISA MCPHERSON TO ATTEST TO CLEAR?

"DM has withholds, "Sec Check DM!"

'RECONNECT'

"This is YOUR church.
    It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to become informed about
    what the church is doing in your name.
    Searching the Internet is your RESPONSIBILITY."

Ever wonder why you're not allowed to use the internet?

MIKE RINDER BLEW
    YOU CAN TOO

COB IS YOUR SP
  40. Anonymeep Member

OK, I have fixed my local raid up to write a ton of cards. I have address labels and cards and pens. I'm hoping to get to at least 200 cards, aiming for 300.

This is on the presumption that someone is willing to remail for us. Basically it costs a euro to send a card from here, but it costs 17.50 euro to send 2 kilo of cards to someone.

I can't find the other topic where I discussed this with someone, but I believe the idea was that I can bung all the written and addressed cards in a big envelope and send it to someone, who would have to stamp and remail them for us. Is there someone willing to do this? I understand that postage might add quite a bit on your side and we could see what we can do donation wise, but frankly we're a small raid and with all our other costs, I'd be well pleased if we got the 17.50 together.

Anybody willing to stamp and post a load of cards from overseas, please send me a PM