Customize

OPERATION: SIGGIE - REVISED EDITION

Discussion in 'Projects' started by 14G0, May 10, 2009.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: OPERATION: SIGGIE - REVISED EDITION

What a stir these sigs have caused! Methinks the OP is onto something.
  2. Ann O'Nymous Member

... or it is useless. Same consequence can have different causes, IMHO.
  3. Anonymous Member

I fancy it.

Did you invalidate a Body Thetan?
  4. Anonymous Member

5. Anonymous Member

Frightened into a Cluster?
  6. cubby Member

methinks the anon posters in this thread are scientologists, trolls, or utter dumbfucks

anyone who purges skeptic will have to deal with me, and i promise you -- i'm extremely fucking irritating.
  7. Anonymous Member

Lol. Well, you got that right, chickybabe.
  8. Mutante Member

+3
  9. Anonymous Member

[IMG]
  10. zebrafaced Member

Edit: Done!

Also, after ready "body" so many times, I'm confused by the word...
  11. Anonymous Member

Yeah, I personally prefer to sow doubt in those non-Scientologists who think that Scientology is a benevolent religion, is harmless, that it deserves special tax-exemption, and that its front groups have nothing to do with Scientology. As to sowing doubt into Scientologists, outlets such as Ask the Scientologist do an excellent job -- by highlighting how the abuses are a normal consequence of Scientology doctrines/scriptures/policies.

I can't make sense either of OP, I don't see how "Questions can also be yelled at Scientologists at protests" is a good advice, unless one wants to go on the record opposing the beliefs of Scientology (by "yelling" incomprehensible sentences re. body thetans), rather than Scientology's crimes/abuses. Scientology will glee at that kind of footage, framing the protesters as people who make fun of their beliefs.

Body thetans are interesting because of the extent Scientology went to silence people ("tricked, sued, lied to, or destroyed utterly") from speaking freely about the upper materials (thus supporting the view that Scientology is a bait&switch scheme), and because of what appears medical claims re. body thetans. Other than that, I don't see the point of OP.

And anyway, I'm no fan of people asking "don't alter." Hubbard was all about not altering his stuff too.
  12. Vir Member

[SPOILER=like this]hello[/SPOILER]
    Code:
    [[B][/B]SPOILER=like this]hello[/SPOILER]
  13. crockhat Member

Signature idea is good, am reinstating mine (what happened to it I wonder)?

Here's a protip: to avoid scibots having textual web filters that cut out entheta info, obfuscate your signature like this:

Select half of the 'important' words (like thetan) and specify their colour as 'black'. Won't look any different, but will stop simple scilon text filtering from working.

Example: in the sentence "mock up body thetans", select the text "dy the" (i.e. half-words) and select the 'A' above editor and select the black colour.
  14. lothar Member

NOW U NEED TO GO POST IN EVERY THREAD!!!
    You need to exercise your awesom SIGGIE tech powers and post in every fucking thread to make this most effective. Imagine every thread will have your AWESOME siggie and thus prevent any baddies like OSA from even reading this website! DO EEETT FAGGOTS.
  15. Re: OPERATION: SIGGIE - REVISED EDITION

*joins the angry anon femme brigade*

No purging until I get his cock picture. D<
  16. V for Anon Member

Yes, thank you very much. Doesn't work for signature though.
  17. Ogsonofgroo Member

It works/doesn't work, hm, if it sends just one plant to the greenhouse then its worth while, and the siggy thingy surely does not hurt any Anons.
    I support this action regardless of its efficiency or lack there-of.
    And am keepin' my sig the same as I'm liek eet!

:)

:D
  18. SaulTigh Member

OP, you say that OP: Siggie has driven off all of these scientologist posters? Got any evidence of that? You also say that there has been an influx of new scientologist posters here recently. Got any evidence of that? Actually, never mind. I don't really care that much.

Look this whole sig thing is likely to do precisely dick to keep OSA and other Scientologists away from here. All they have to do is disable the display of sigs. Having said that, I see no reason not to put shit like that into your sig because it certainly doesn't create any problems here so I'm all for it. Just don't kid yourself into thinking it will actually do something.

And to those wanting to get rid of skeptic. Here's the thing, skeptic isn't an ego fag and doesn't really care what other people think, so he/she probably isn't going to make much of an effort to defend him / her self. So I'll just say this, skeptic is valuable in his/her own way and he/she benefits Chanology by being here. The issue isn't so much that skeptic is ZOMG AMAZING! It's more that there are few people like Skeptic left in Chanology, and those people are needed.
  19. 14G0 Member

Great!

Ok!

Super!
  20. Re: OPERATION: SIGGIE - REVISED EDITION

IMHO what you are saying is kinda out there after all I just read and how skeptic & others acted, especially towards you. I am not shocked at all from their reactions after reading.

I love just about everything about you cubby and I am sure you have your reasons but either way I support this thread!
  21. NotMike Member

So then we can hid important information & communication in our sigs.

You are right. For the most part, I consider this fun. We have no idea as to what is effective or not.
  22. Anonymous Member

No, you can't use &quot;spoiler&quot; in your sig line. You have to hand-paste it onto each thread at the bottom. Like this:

[SPOILER=Sig line: On OTIII you discover Body Thetans...
    ...and Xenu.]Click here: OT8 secrets forced out of me in deposition.
    ot3-data-1.gif
    The End Phenomenon of Scientology is an ex-scientologist.[/SPOILER]

Which is made by adding this to the post:

HTML:
    [SPOILER=Sig line: On OTIII you discover Body Thetans...
    ...and Xenu.]Click here: [URL=&quot;http://www.skeptictank.org/gen3/gen02149.htm&quot;]OT8 secrets forced out of me in deposition[/URL].
    [ATTACH=full]40947[/ATTACH]
    The End Phenomenon of Scientology is an ex-scientologist.[/SPOILER]
    Feel free to use the one above if you like it. You can keep a few favorite siggies in a text file on your desktop and just use them at random when you post either with your userid, or anonymously. Especially for those who like to post anonymously (like this post is)... you can't use the signature 'function' at all. You HAVE to paste your siggie at the end of your post.

Here's another style of hand-pasted siggie:

[COLOR=&quot;Blue&quot;]------------------------
    Did you invalidate a Body Thetan?[/COLOR]
  23. V for Anon Member

Thank you too Anonymous. I am to lazy to actually handpaste my sig every time
    but it might be a useful tool for something else. Like when using a shitloads
    of pictures to make a complicated issue more comprehensible.
  24. Anonymous Member

Got any evidence of that?

Did your TR’s harm a Body Thetan?
  25. cubby Member

is this entire thread a troll thread, or is it just full of trolls....

either way, i don't think putting anything in a signature is going to keep any scientologists away -- and even if it would, why would we want them too? is this just like some holy water and garlic for a vampire? gay.

prove me wrong
  26. RavenEyes Member

I see it differently, cubby. if it won't make a difference - what does it matter? I mean - what can having some of those phrases in our sigs hurt? I think it's odd that people are getting so worked up over this thread. But then - I was out having surgery, so maybe I missed something.

I happen to like garlic, btw. <3
  27. cubby Member

'if it doesn't hurt anyone what's the harm?'

e_e

i'm dead serious -- does anyone really think these phrases will drive off anyone? why wouldn't they already be driven off by the content of the threads themselves?

and why would we want to drive them off? isn't the point of having a public forum making it accessible and open? so that anyone can come and see what they want, even scientologists, and still not take away anything useful to prevent us from doing what they do?

DID I MISS A FUCKING MEETING?
  28. RavenEyes Member

What would maybe help me (and others?) is for some exes to weigh in on this. I am not as familiar with self-auditing as perhaps I should be. I just find it very intriguing that it is causing so much fervor on both sides of the fence.
  29. Ann O'Nymous Member

I sort of remember something in the line of "don't fix it if not broken". IMHO:
    - the level of scientologists here remains low,
    - those who stayed won't get away due to the signatures,
    - expanded signatures are a pain in the neck.

Having said that, everybody should do as they please.
  30. Scythe Member

Let's put ourselves in the shoes of a first-time visitor wanting to find information on activism against scientology for a minute. If you happen to stumble upon this board and you see people with these stupid paranoid signatures about ''OSA'' , what do you think of this said community? That's right, that they are a bunch of idiots. But carry on guys, this is probably the best idea you've had in months let's be optimist.
  31. RavenEyes Member

I see your point.

TBH, tell me what first-time visitors think about stumbling on the Tom/Katie megathread, the Jett situation room, etc. etc?? It's not like the rest of the site indicates non-idiocy.

Geez, people. Maybe I need to share my percocet so you all can chill along with me.
  32. cubby Member

to me, it's more about wasting time thinking you're accomplishing something when you're really just kind of jerking off into your hand and eating it, vs. 'looking dumb', which i don't give much of a shit about.

also RavenEyes is TOTALLY OSA i just discovered. i have a list. quick, activate SIG POWER
  33. Anonymous Member

Could you also since you are an expert in this matter share your profound knowledge on how first time visitors are interpretting the systematic bashing of ideas and users all over this board. I am not just refering to this thread and the drama that some people are stiring up around it, i am talking of a trend perpetrated by a select few.
  34. cubby Member

hey

cry more
  35. RavenEyes Member

OSA, what are you hiding from your Body Thetans?
    OSA, have we missed your withholds?
    Are you over-stimulated by Body Thetans?
    Have you driven a Body Thetan Anaten?
  36. cubby Member

i guess i'm not a scientologist because this is a definitive test and surely no one could withstand it

if anyone thinks i'm OSA hereafter, i will simply refer them to this thread.
  37. whosit Member

On the first point - gotta remember we are dealing with some nutty people that have gone out of their way to fuck themselves in the head.

Second point - I think you're right. As someone else mentioned in another thread as long as people are not sharing personal information willy nilly then who cares.

I thought it was an interesting idea at first, but when people started trolling I felt a need to troll right back.

meh
  38. Anonymous Member

What is even more of a waste of time is such posts, yes you are entitled to your opinion, yes you are free to express it . But are you able to grasp the logical falicy that is spending time on arguing about whether something is or is not worth the effort with as prime argument "its a waste of time".

Each person that choses to take part in this initiative spends roughly two minutes in the User Control Panel modifying their sig. How much time has been spent arguing about this ideas worth ? If added up the sum of it is far larger than the outcome of 2 minutes per currently active user.
  39. cubby Member

yes, and i have a feeling many of those people will feel a warm glow of having done something and consider it their bit well done for chanology for this week :3
  40. Anonymous Member

*sarcasm alert*

Yeah, Cubby missed a fucking meeting. The meeting about why anyone bothers to criticize Scientology. You know... Why We Protest. Why the f**k would anyone want to waste their time playing with trolls when they could be protesting or collecting information or exposing Scientology? Cubby doesn't understand "waste of time" and instead spends her precious time trolling this thread. If sig lines cause some trolls to not participate and waste Anon time, then I'm all for it. Maybe Cubby is a recruiter for trolls and doesn't want you guys from using sig lines.

(melodiously) Oh.... Cubby... yooooo... hoooo....

In yours!

------------------------
    Your Clear cognition includes realizing you have mocked up your own reactive mind.
    On OTIII you discover Body Thetans and Xenu.
    OT8 secrets forced out of me in deposition --> http://www.skeptictank.org/gen3/gen02149.htm