Customize

Operation Syrianon

Discussion in 'Freedom of Expression' started by Anonymous, Mar 31, 2011.

1. lulzgasm Member

Worked fine for me.
  2. Anonymous Member

sorry, working links are:

http://community.icontact.com/p/syria/newsletters/round-ups

http://www.facebook.com/syrianuprising

and here is a literal translation of a note by an eye witness in damascus yesterday: http://sharetext.org/4GB , this is really only a very small sample of what is going on, as hundreds of thousands have been taking to the streets calling for the fall of the regime and stubbornly sticking to non-violence... very often holding flowers in their hands, while the block of media coverage continues...
  3. lulzgasm Member

the emegency measures have finally been dropped. Allegedly. But I think a certain dictator is using it as a stall move.

On the bright side. The pattern appears to be that once a dictator begins resorting to such stalling tactics, he eventually gos bye-bye.
  4. Anonymous Member

yeah definitely a stall move like you said, and he hasn't even put it to practice yet, only promises till now and on the ground things are just as bloody as ever. he just suddenly said he made the draft for lifting the emergency thing right after the outrageous behavior of the security police in city of Homs the other night, it came out so obviously as a pacifier for the people who had lost the last bit of calm or acceptance they once had for the regime before what happened... For the first time in my life I heard the most stubbornly polite friends of mine harshly cursing anyone who still supports the regime's alien story (the scenario that says there is a conspiracy, and armed terrorists attacking both the protesters and the security forces and army..... those terrorists of course only ever appear during anti-regime protests and only ever attack the protesters, the poor good cops and the new mutineers among army officers.... and never have attacked the state-organized pro-regime acts held out several times in the past month) after what happened in Homs tuesday night, the regime must have realized it had lost yet another, almost last line of allies/silent opposition. News from many sources are coming on yet more set up scenes of violence by the regime's "Shabbeeha" (mafia) to be blamed on islamists, who aren't even part of the whole thing happening right now, other than merely being part of the peaceful protesters coming from all social & religious backgrounds :/ So prepare to see more theatrical violence, not even acting because those gangsters are literally living the role of terrorists. I really really hope you're right about the bye-bye part :'/
  5. Anonymous Member

6. lulzgasm Member

I have noticed over the years that almost all organized terrorist groups are government-sponsored and often created to attack the government's own people.

Have the protestors there created their own security checkpoints to insure that these thugs can't sneak into the crowds with weapons? Because the regime will likely try that stunt at least one more time, like in Egypt.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. lulzgasm Member

Some Syrian Americans showing support to their fellows in Syria yesterday.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  9. lulzgasm Member

• Like Like x 1
  10. Anonymous Member

This is the 2nd time they've bombarded a city of their own people.... I'm completely at the end of my wits..... please anyone, if you know of any websites where you think I should share this too pls do tell.... It seems I suck at googling because I've only hit inactive websites so far, sorry I'm becoming dumb, I guess I guess my lack of concentration becomes worse in such circumstances.... And Lulzgasm, yes, in Homs at least they did search each protester for any weapons but that didn't help, the thugs came later on and just started shooting, they were almost officially security police, one of them went to the person speaking to the protesters at that point and told him that they, the security force, will open fire if the protesters don't go home now, and it did end up with them opening fire, and that was even the weekend before this last weekend...... it looks more hopeless than ever.... Please any advice would be super appreciated, thanks a lot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA9tiZ02GgU
  11. lulzgasm Member

In these situations thare's almost no actual "bright" side, so just look at it this way. The police, in uniform and/or giving an official warning--and then opening fire--can be used as evidence against the police when you get that out to the rest of the world.

The volunteer security checkoints for the protestors is to keep plainclothes undercover police from infiltrating inside, starting riots, and provacateuring (to then for them to use as "evidence" that the peaceful protestors are a "gang of rioters" etc.) Get what I mean?

It forces them to openly be the ruthless thugs that they are when you prevent them from being stealthy about it.

Also, look into ways of defending yourselves. There's ways to do so even without guns. No one in their right minds will deny nor criticize a peaceful person's right to defend his/her own life. The more the world looks in judgement upon the syrian dictator, the sooner he'll be pressured to step down. Just like what's happening in yemen right now.
  12. Anonymous Member

the problem is that they almost never EVER use uniforms, and that's not new... they never did...
    and the protesters DID catch infiltrators, but it's not really helping...... i'm not sure what the international community needs to begin to give a damn, you know? it's kind of interestingly turning the blind eye and deaf ear to syria, it's like..... maybe those protesters were right when they said the intl community was too busy with revolutions in countries that have oil, i hate to reach a point of such useless thinking, but it's quite frustrating, when no efforts are being made to even make them stop blocking media coverage, which is like one of the minimal tools for proving anything to begin with... I'm sure it's not the only way, but you know protesting, watching out for bullets, watching out for infiltrators and filming can be harder than the thought of it, specially with the horrid dangers awaiting anyone who might get caught with a real camera that's not their lousy mobile phone cam, let alone the unspeakable fate of anyone caught with a professional camera...... and eye witnesses can always be called liars without any evidence at the end
  13. Anonymous Member

the problem is that they almost never EVER use uniforms, and that's not new... they never did...
    and the protesters DID catch infiltrators, but it's not really helping...... i'm not sure what the international community needs to begin to give a damn, you know? it's kind of interestingly turning the blind eye and deaf ear to syria, it's like..... maybe those protesters were right when they said the intl community was too busy with revolutions in countries that have oil, i hate to reach a point of such useless thinking, but it's quite frustrating, when no efforts are being made to even make them stop blocking media coverage, which is like one of the minimal tools for proving anything to begin with... I'm sure it's not the only way, but you know protesting, watching out for bullets, watching out for infiltrators and filming can be harder than the thought of it, specially with the horrid dangers awaiting anyone who might get caught with a real camera that's not their lousy mobile phone cam, let alone the unspeakable fate of anyone caught with a professional camera...... and eye witnesses can always be called liars without any evidence at the end
  14. Anonymous Member

15. Anonymous Member

16. lulzgasm Member

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!
    They're planning a fucking massacre!
  17. lulzgasm Member

Sigh. Well, the good news is this means the regime is desperate.
    Unfortunately, that's also the bad news.
  18. lulzgasm Member

19. Anonymous Member

They've already started it

Yeah there are real officers and individual soldiers who have been refusing orders to open fire, which has led to clashes... Not to mention that there are news of a whole part of the regime that was willing to begin a non violent political dialogue with the uprising, but the strong generals of the intelligence did not like it... So there are many humane people but the inhumane ones are willing to shoot them together with the protesters, hence the ruthless assassinations of army generals lately, of which regime spokesmen have blamed on "infiltrators"[Mundasseen], the now famous name of anyone supporting the uprising. A friend of mine has to do his military service in Derha right now, and needless to say he was with the uprising since the very beginning, so my prayers go for him and every other soldier facing death the minute they are put under the test of killing their own people... And all the love in the world for those who have already refused orders and are suffering gunshot injuries for it.
    • Like Like x 2
  20. lulzgasm Member

Got this off one of the anonymous Iran message boards here:

UNITED NATIONS — The United States has evidence of active Iranian support for the Syrian government’s “abhorent and deplorable” crackdown on peaceful demonstrators, U.S. Ambassador Susan Rice said late Tuesday.
    “The outrageous use of violence to quell protests must come to an end and now,” she told reporters after Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon briefed the Security Council behind closed doors on Syria and other hotspots.
    Please Continue:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...011/04/26/AF5L6ksE_story.html?wprss=rss_world

Looks like the U.S.'s unwillingness to pass up a chance to smack around the Iranian regime might turn out in the Syrian protestors' favor. Let's just hope it doen't turn into another Libya.
    • Like Like x 1
  21. lulzgasm Member

22. lulzgasm Member

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ment-by-the-International-Criminal-Court.html

Looks like the International community has finally had it with him. You'd think these dictators would learn by now that shutting down internets and being general assholes doesn't give them any brownie points.

Also, Anonymous Iran and the Green Movement are voicing their support of the Syrian Revolution.

God work, Syrianon. Keep it up. It's not much longer now.
  23. Anonymous Member

Wow, criminal court is sure where they belong.... and the telecomix update sure is good news after the past few days :D and you know what..... an iranian on an imageboard was the first person to tell me the Iranian gov is supporting the Syrian regime against the protesters? right at the very beginning of the unrest, and now it's out..... the support from Iran sure means a lot given what they're living it..

here's a video widely shared on fb today, this guy isgnnagetraped if they see the video and catch him
    http://youtu.be/8hfQ5ILOMWI

Also, have already linked this? i thought it was one of the best pages in english for the uprising so far
    http://www.facebook.com/SyrianDayOfRage

Thank you more than you know for your support, it means the world, literally
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  25. Anonymous Member

hey this guy is pretty active but half his posts are in arabic, anyway thought i'd let you know... he's been uploading protests videos since the beginning, >>>>he's a protester
    http://twitter.com/#!/AnonymousSyria
    http://anonymoussyria.blogspot.com/

also, idk if it's useless, but i created a blog & i tried to sort of brief everything shortly with a few videos in a post here http://syrianon.blogspot.com/ it's nothing but a place with all the important update links together in one place and an easy to remember URL

thanks ppl <<<<<3334444
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Anonymous Member

Oh ya and for all the updates on twitter, simply go for #SYRIA

Oh and, the famous Malath Aumran, with his fictional photoshop-hybrid face & alias, often posts in English:
    twitter: @MalathAumran
    facebook: http://www.facebook.com/malath.aumran
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Anonymous Member

28. Anonymous Member

29. lulzgasm Member

• Like Like x 1
  30. Anonymous Member

31. Anonymous Member

32. Anonymous Member

plf? might not want.
  33. lulzgasm Member

So....what's the plf?
  34. Anonymous Member

35. lulzgasm Member

36. Anonymous Member

37. lulzgasm Member

38. Anonymous Member

39. lulzgasm Member

On my way home from work I saw a ticker-tape headline that said Obama is planning to apply political pressure on Assad and support the protestors. If anyone knows any further info about that, feel free to post.

Uh, not uh, that anyone here ever needs permission to do anything or not do anything, uh, fuck you know what I mean.
  40. Anonymous Member

I think Obama is going to give some big speech tomorrow about the Middle East. In the mean time, Anderson Cooper showed some absolutely horrible footage from Syria.
    It's quite unfair that NATO is helping Lybian rebels and is not helping Syrians. But I guess there is no way in hell Westeners would ever want to send their forces anywhere near Lebanon/Syria ever again.