Customize

Opportunity to cripple the Islamic Dictatorship

Discussion in 'News And Current Events' started by Unregistered, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Gist101 Member

Still my concern too. Two points though: First, Iranians are amongst the most generous people in the world. They are always giving to the poor, and helping where they can. Second, having said that, what proportion of poor to rich? I think this is the key. If one rich family has to feed another 10, it might not be ideal. If one family only needs to help one other family, then I know people will be willing to help.

The other issue is: what price freedom? I'd expect that if it was over soon, Iranians would be prepared to endure all sorts of hardship, and help others in the process.

Oh yes it is... particularly if there's a threat of charges in an international court. I doubt they care much about any embarrassment (both domestically and internationally) to date otherwise they'd stop ripping off the people and care a bit more about international opinion. Clearly they don't. How much would it take? A great deal I'd expect!

ROTFL... I'm positive they don't give a hoot. They haven't so far. And their most important trade partners (govt trade, not business) is conducted with countries that are already friends, even despite all that the regime has done.

No, LOL, they are legends in their own minds. Much more to do with believing their own BS, than reality.

Totally with you on that one. One half hour class on loyalty and the importance of working for a cause, will take care of any Basij who isn't happy being paid in chickens and potatoes.

To others reading this, this is a morally bereft and corrupt regime. Put all your sense of right and wrong aside when making assumptions. They've played dirty for such a long time, that most Iranians used to just roll their eyes and get on with whatever they were doing.

Yes, not any longer, but I think a sense of powerlessness still pervades the cause. Look at history and how long it took for other ordinary people to get rid of corrupt regimes. How long has Aung San Suu Kyi, the democratically elected leader, been under house arrest in Myanmar? And what trumped-up charges this time made sure she has nothing to do with the upcoming election? Corrupt and violent regimes can do almost anything they want.

Empowering ordinary Iranians and giving them hope that all they are doing will have some positive end, is paramount to the process. Even Iranians in my family and friends, both here and in Iran, are quite despondent at the moment. They know this will take a long time, and they can no longer take any more news of people being bashed, imprisoned, raped and killed. It's too much for people who are kind, sensitive, caring and really wonderful people. Me too I might add, but I'm in for the long haul with whatever I can do.

So, let's give this thread some more analysis and discussion and maybe we can all agree on the right way to go about the financial thing.
  2. Gist101 Member

This is what the organisation of Basij has turned into today. They were originally formed to actually help people. And they did. It was an honorable thing to do.

Over the years, it's turned into an army of brainwashed zealots, fueled by the most fundamental religious teachings. Armies like this obey their masters... they've been trained to.

Conscience? Care for others? Recognizing that what they're now doing is morally wrong?

I don't think so.

You have someone who rapes, kills, tortures and then goes to pray and you've got a lost cause, if you ask me.

No disrespect to any religious people here meant. There's a vast difference in being religious and perpetrating horrors on people in the name of religion or some twisted philosophy.

I think the organization and the Basij have evolved into a very different organization today than it was originally. And I think the majority are pretty much unreachable with reason, and untouchable in terms of their loyalty.

I dare say they probably have one of the best manuals on brainwashing. Pity.
  3. bumpity bump
  4. Nedjarsan Member

You know you do not have to brainwash anything here.
    ( that also would mean you would need a brain being present to be washed)

Like the short-cut to Mohammeds alliance politics:

If ur with me and u die, u get 40 virgines in heaven

If ur with me and u live, u get a share of the profit

If u'r against me you will get nothing.

So... thats an ancient version of a win-win situation.
  5. How Much Do Protests Matter? A Freakonomics Quorum

6. Gist101 Member

LOL - ok, you win - you're right.

I was trying to avoid saying that in case... well... I dunno. Diplomacy, I guess. I'm so anti-religion (Dawkins and Hitchens make more sense to me) that I'm very aware of it creeping into conversations with people who are believers - in whatever religion. I don't like to offend. Long as you don't want to kill me or force religion down my throat - live and let live.

Unfortunately, the voices of moderate Muslims, as usual, can't be heard over the din and nonsense of the fundamentalists. There... I've said it.

7. I have heared about a a broker in Dubai who offers DMA Currenex Platform. Real Forex With Spotcurr why do not you visit the site.

They offer really small accounts with currenex platform.
  8. The bread prices have doubled this morning. And a recent Financial Post article underlines much of the discussion which has taken place on this thread concerning economic collapse.

Iran on the Edge

So I am resurrecting this thread. I am hoping that people continue to contribute. Especially Machiavelli who is an economist.

There is also much valuable discussion here on accidentally doing something to short out electrical supplies to regime supporting plants and oil rigs.