Customize

ORLANDO, FLORIDA - January 30, 2010

Discussion in 'USA - East Coast' started by Budd, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Budd Member

ORLANDO, FLORIDA - January 30, 2010

WARNING: GREAT WALL OF TEXT

Today's protest in Orlando was a great success, if you overlook the fact that I was the only one who showed up. Oh well, their loss.

I got there about 11:15, parked on a side street, stuffed the pockets of my cargo shorts with cell phone, ID, camera, bandana, car keys, and water bottle... and headed off around the corner with my signs to Battlefield Orlando.

Traditionally I have stayed across the street, and walked up and down a one-block strip. But today (emboldened by our Clearwater anons two weeks ago) I decided to walk straight into the mouth of Hell, and walked on the org side of the street. Shudder! What diabolical plot would they unleash on me? Would it be... SprinklerTech like they did once last year? BUT NO! On my first pass, it was the dreaded VerticalBlindTech!

There are large picture windows on either side of the glass entrance door, and a side room with a large picture window also. One set of blinds was already closed and the other was angled some, but you could still see in and they could see out. FUNNY THING: as I walked past with my XENU.net sign, a lady in the side room jumped up and closed the blinds. I smiled and waved at her, but she just shook her head with a big frown.

:(

About five minutes after I started, a guy appeared from around the corner of the building with a small camera, obviously from the org. I was wearing a big floppy hat and sunglasses, with my Vmask around my neck. He snapped a few shots and disappeared, only to reappear from the OTHER side of the building a few minutes later. I was happy to let him take photos of the signs, as I read that all protest documentation goes up the chain of command?

For three hours I walked back and forth with my three signs*, occasionally switching side of the street just to mix it up a little. Every time I walked past the entrance door, I would hold the sign so that the person sitting at the desk would see it.

Over the course of three hours I saw exactly four people walk into the office: a 50yo woman and her mother, a 50yo guy, and another 50yo guy. Not exactly the fastest-growing religion on earth. There is NO pedestrian traffic on Colonial so flyering is no good as there is no one to give the flyers to. However, I am thinking about distributing flyers to all houses in a two-block radius but haven't decided upon what the best message would be. (Ideas?)

Counting the photographer, the four people who walked into the org (but never walked out) and the three people I saw inside... that makes a total of eight people there on Saturday around noon, again not a lot of people for the fastest-growing religion on earth.

Oh there was one other person: I had been there about half an hour and I noticed a pretty young woman in her late 20s walking down the sidewalk who stopped and looked at the empty storefront windows next door.

Her: "Wow, I wonder what kind of store this is?" Me: "It looks empty to me."

She looked at me and started up a conversation about my mask and sign, but it was laughable. She was such an obvious plant. I seriously believe they got her to come outside, talk to me (a 55yo guy who would OBviously fall for a pretty girl) and try to entice me to do... something, that they could call the police for.

It didn't work. She said she wasn't part of the church, but she wouldn't answer my questions, wouldn't respond to my statements of fact in the way that a normal person would. She had a flirty smile, adjusted her clothing a bit, just walked up and started a conversation, and several other things that set off my Spidey Sense. I decided to ignore her, turned to continue my protest walk, and when I turned back three seconds later... she was gone. Not to be seen on the sidewalk. I am sure she walked back in to the org.

Tinfoil?

Anyway, where was I? Oh yes... protesting.

Also had a conversation with a passerby. Ten minutes of my life I will never get back again.

A traffic count shows over 1500 vehicles per hour pass the location in one direction at noon-time on Saturday. So over 4500 vehicles saw my signs. I got four honks, two thumbs-up, one "Be careful there" and one "FAGGOT!" Also a table of diners in a second-floor window of an Asian restaurant across the street.

:)

Evidently the eight Scientologists used their powers over the MEST universe and caused it to rain starting around 2:00. I had had a full day, shared some love and had it returned, and was hungry... so headed for my car and home.

LIKE I SAID: GREAT WALL OF TEXT

* SIGNS USED TODAY:

- XENU.net

- Religion is free, Scientology is neither

- Wikipedia Scientology or Dianetics
  2. amaX Member

Re: ORLANDO, FLORIDA - January 30, 2010

lol You got your very own flirty handler?

Sounds like you had as good a day as possible protesting at that location. I've done it before----it sucks.

Good job!

3. Kilia Member

Thank you Budd, for your loyalty and diligence to the Anon cause. Greatly appreciated for sure.
    <3
  4. Re: ORLANDO, FLORIDA - January 30, 2010

Pix or it didn't happen Budd >:{
  5. Belladonna Member

That was a fun read, Budd. You're a real cowboy.

picture4pd.png
  6. HouseSpiderV3 Member

careful nao. pretty sure flyering houses in o-town is illegal w/o a permit. might wanna check on that.
  7. Belladonna Member

Via random Twitter, just now:

I'm not kidding.
  8. HouseSpiderV3 Member

lol hubbard word virus spreads again

also, wtf IS ElQueso these days anyway? Did he make the move from Enturb to WWP? Still posting on ARS evar?
  9. LocalSP Member

Good for you Budd. You're thinking with the right head.