Customize

OSA's answer to WWP: RFW Forums

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Anonymous, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Little_Sister Member

Re: OSA's answer to WWP: RFW Forums

I wonder how much longer the mod queue will be, and if any of us will get in at all-if this turns out to be a legit forum that is. Even though all the signs increasingly point to "No", I still hope in my heart that it is... :(
  2. DeathHamster Member

They shut down their anti-psych circle jerk on ARS a couple months ago after several years. I guess that person has been redeployed.
  3. meccaanon Member

It's not This is a hugbox at the very least, probably a honeytrap too but that's giving the scilons too much credit. Most of the posts are written in exactly the same way that screams sockpuppet. it would be nice if this were a real forum but I don't think they are capable of that.
  4. xenubarb Member

It's in the "religious extremists" category.
  5. Sissy Lala Member

6. DeathHamster Member

Looks like they have linkbacks turned off. They'll never be popular if they don't trade linkbacks.
  7. exOT8Michael Member

I am thinking there will be some lulzy screenshots coming from this site.
    ;-P
  8. the_cloak Member

Wow, I can't believe they are this stupid.
  9. Herro Member

This is fucked up

We have threads about celebrities, spokespeople and handlers -- public figures

They have threads about private citizens, with information from PI's and confessionals

It doesn't compare
  10. Re: OSA's answer to WWP: RFW Forums

I'm guessing you haven't read the RFW site before. Try getting off the RFW forum and reading the mother site. Bat shit crazy libel by the dumpster load.
  11. Herro Member

888chan
  12. xenubarb Member

Borderline libel. They take great care not to cross that line.
  13. Re: OSA's answer to WWP: RFW Forums

Point taken
  14. Sponge Member

England can help you with that. ;)
  15. Herro Member

I hope that's a properly licensed Vbulletin forum and not just a copy they got off a friend or something.
  16. Anonynamefag Member

This. The English libel law sword cuts both ways.
  17. Herro Member

Their Terms of Service page is 404

toscomp.jpg
  18. DeathHamster Member

They've gone over the line in the past, calculated to tempt OG critics into falling victim to one of the classic blunders. They'd "donate" a ton of resources (lawyers, PIs, goons, etc) to drag it out as long and expensive as possible, while waging a campaign of nerves against the other side. If it goes badly, they'll throw Joel to the wolves and install a new patsy as the "new management". (The abandoned parishioners.org domain, which used to point to the same site, was registered to a dead guy for a number of years.)

It could be possible to penetrate the Joel-shield and show that the site is controlled and run by the Cthurch of Scientology directly and that they should pay the damages, but that's a gamble.

I'll be interested to see if they start adding Anons to their list. That would be a change in the game plan for the site. (The detailed lists, not cheap shots in the forum.) Heh, too tired to look to see if they still have those pages for the High Queen of the Critics, like wtf...

The court system is a vending machine that only takes coins of $10,000 or more, and there's never a guarantee that any candy will result. (Thumping the vending machine of justice to make the candy come out is frowned at.)
  19. Re: OSA's answer to WWP: RFW Forums

It looks like RFW is still trying to hide behind prolexic, along with other scilon sites.

religiousfreedomwatch.net Whois - religious freedom watch - Who.is

Religiousfreedomwatch.net DNS and Name Server Lookup - Who.is

procomp.jpg

Freewinds domain is also controlled by CofS and/or Joel. Saw it in one of the lists.
  20. Herro Member

You can report them here, vBulletin Piracy Prevention

Is there anyway to check beforehand though if they are using a legit license or not?
  21. Herro Member

I know everyone *should* know, but if ya proxy, use a virtual machine, with a barebones copy of Firefox installed (i.e. no Flash, Java, ActiveX, Quicktime, Adobe, Google Toolbar etc. etc. etbloodycetera installed or enabled ).

Install NoScript, Keyscrambler, and all the other gizmos that have been posted about numerous times.

Don't think that using your normal desktop with a "safe" browser and an "unsafe" browser setup is a good idea...info can be tugged from the "unsafe" one even though it's not in active use.

Personally I think this is more of an extension of the normal site: a chance to give themselves a more "realtime" counterpoint to the (now) numerous Sci related forums, where everyone's talking except for them.

But I'm sure they'd be only too pleased to know the IP's of the [STRIKE]retards[/STRIKE] uniformed who Google "free proxy" and sit behind that...and then troll away. There's every chance that they'll try and spin it into "hate speech" and lobby your ISP for your realworld ID.

Whatever though, the forum should be lulzy as hell. They definitely have a few M/Us on the phrase "do not feed."

I come from the dome to stifle free speech.[/QUOTE]
  22. Zak McKracken Member

OCMB 3.0
  23. Herro Member

asdfgggdsaf.jpg

sdf-1.jpg

hmmm.......
  24. The Shadow Member

An interesting post from ARS;

25. The Shadow Member

It's not tinfoil, this is most definitely a honeypot site.
  26. The Shadow Member

Well, if the scilons are figuring that all new members are anonymous and are trying to compromise their associated email accounts to get info. Then the plan is simple

1 - Create socks and spread the word of the glorious new freedom watch forums.
    2 - Let mods compromise their own followers etc
    3 - ????
    4 - Raid
    5 - Profit
  27. Ogsonofgroo Member

Agree, liek most anything scilon (esp. their lame sites and blogs) they will be paying close attention to trolls and critics, trying to glean info as best their small and simple minds will allow.

They're stuck in an 'electronic incident' I tells ya!

XD
  28. xenubarb Member

Back in 2008 when the cult moved most of their websites to Prolexis, (?) oddly enough RFW went too. But of course, that doesn't mean it's like, a SCIENTOLOGY run website or anything!
  29. ravenanon Member

never mind
  30. Re: OSA's answer to WWP: RFW Forums

Does it cost you anything if you're wrong?
  31. DeathHamster Member

Yup, the first wave they shielded were their main CoS sites, RTC, CCHR .. and RFW. Go figure!

Snapshot of January 31st, 2008:
    TSnapshot-01-31-08.jpg
  32. The Shadow Member

33. The Shadow Member

I'll just leave this here: Slopsbox - Fight the spam

They actually have a scientology domain name to use, not sure if it still works though.
  34. Re: OSA's answer to WWP: RFW Forums

Sounds like Australian Idol star Guy Sebastian's site.
  35. TehHerro Member

its funny, all of them have 17-20 posts and all created on oct 2009
  36. JohnnyRUClear Member

They got stuck in(to) an electronic incident on our 'hole track.
  37. The Shadow Member

In the system now.
  38. Rickglass Member

i'm in the unenviable position of having all my info publicly available, proxying this shit is useless for me.
  39. Random guy Member

Has anyone's account gone through at all? Is it actually intended to work as a forum, or is it a pure honeypot/showpiece?
  40. Azazel Member

It looks like a combination of being a honey pot to log IPs and get emails and dead agenting.