Customize

Ottawa, ON - Post game - 09/11/10

Discussion in 'Canada' started by BlooAnon, Sep 11, 2010.

1. BlooAnon Member

Ottawa, ON - Post game - 09/11/10

Had a great turnout today. Largest I've seen and probably the largest since July of '08. Got new people and finally had the music going again. Made the raid go by a lot better with something to dance to.

Despite sign shortage at the beginning of the raid, we did have lots of fliers to hand out and after a fashion, we got a large pad of paper and made signs on site. Got lots of honks from passing drivers including a sixteen-wheeler Coka-cola truck. More than half of our fliers were handed out, though I don't know the exact number and we were well received by the passers by. And the police didn't show at all, even though we had donuts.

The scilons stayed pretty scarce as usual, and the only real action at the Org was when a couch arrived and was carried up. (got on video)

It was a very good return of the Ottawa cell.

Photos and video coming soon.
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: Ottawa, ON - Post game - 09/11/10

Nice!
  3. MuzicRocker Member

4. ChibiWeasel Member

Video clips.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1p1YlRp-VQ]YouTube - ijkl[/ame]

Unfortunately I couldn't get a video editor that works so this is the best I can do >>
  5. thevoxbox Member

The raid definitely went well, was almost disappointing (almost) that there's little more to report. We had about 9 people and things definitely picked up once there were more signs going around. There were delicious donuts, friendly pedestrians and drivers. Even had one lady walk up to the group and tell us that one of her friends had taken a stress test once and the Scilons told him that he was so depressed he might as well kill himself if he didn't accept Scientology's help.

Only thing I'd complain about is that the dude in the Neopets mask tried to solicit at least two people for money "for anonymous."
    Not cool.

I look forward to raiding with you guys again!
  6. ChibiWeasel Member

Sorry, won't do that again.
  7. thevoxbox Member

No worries, sorry for calling you out. We wouldn't be able to actually use the few dollars that passerby might give; it's just a little shady, since we're part-time protesters and not a fundraiser, you know?
    It was cool to raid with you and everyone else anyways!
  8. Re: Ottawa, ON - Post game - 09/11/10

lol
    Great job guise!
  9. new guy Member

Very nice.
  10. BlooAnon Member

Those videos are fine. Good job.

It's odd seeing myself on video. Now I'm not the only one with a camera!

My videos will come tomorrow. I'm working on a nice montage with a theme. Ooooooo!
  11. xenubarb Member

Montage...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH3q5Uc5E-g]YouTube - We're Gonna Need A Montage ( With Lyrics )[/ame]
  12. Intelligence Member

Great Job Anons! Good to see the fantastic turnout.

Dear David M.

Our Day Will Come
    We Won’t Give Up
    Until the Oppressed Are Free
    Until This Cult Is Driven From Our Lands
    Do You Really Think We Will Go Away
    Never
    We Don’t Forgive
    We Don’t Forget
  13. GuyFox Member

Ha! I knew you fags could do it rite. Now make it even better next month! :D
  14. BlooAnon Member

01.jpg

02.jpg
    (sign says 'youfoundthecard.com) I caught it at the rare time that cardboard had a glare. Who knew?

03.jpg
    Setting up.

04.jpg

View attachment 06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg
    Was getting a picture of the tv that they had set up just inside the door before the stairs and actually caught some scilons exiting the building.

10.jpg

11.jpg
    Shutting down for the day.

Video is delayed.
  15. BahamutXone Member

It was definitely great to see this many people for our triumphant return. I hope to see all of you again at our next raid.
  16. GuyFox Member

Looks fantastic, but your sign-fu is weak. Make them bolder, flashier... thick blocky high-contrast letters, too. Accent colors. It makes a lot of a difference :)

Can't wait to see your next raid :)
  17. Kilia Member

Nice job, Ottawa!
    <3
  18. BlooAnon Member

Okay, next time you supply your sharpies when you visit since mine are not good enough for you. They did the best they could without dying! :p

But yes, our sign-fu is indeed weak.

*wax on, wax off*
  19. MuzicRocker Member

I had a wicked sign all ready to be deployed but was forgotten on the way out. It will be present at next protest. By the way, here's the video my friend took: